Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,873 members, 7,806,495 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

Atiku And His Gangs Are Fools For Saying GEJ Shouldn't Contest In 2015. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku And His Gangs Are Fools For Saying GEJ Shouldn't Contest In 2015. (1724 Views)

Nigerians Blast Fayose For Saying "Send Buahri Back To Daura Or Expect More Blun / Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope / Sammie Okposo Apologies To Buhari For Saying He Should Be Flogged For Forgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku And His Gangs Are Fools For Saying GEJ Shouldn't Contest In 2015. by Rhino5dm: 10:28am On Sep 04, 2013
Let it be known to them that every citizen of this country has a fundamental right to vote or be voted for in any election. I'm an ardent supporter of Amaechi and other performing governors in his moulds but I find this demand of the so-called G7 unacceptable,absurd and nauseating to say the least for asking the president not to contest in 2015 as one of criteria of resolving the political impasse affecting the PDP.

Atiku Abubakar, a renown thief and his band of G7 crooks should know that the red line is when and/or if they seek for power illegally. I don't like the GEJ-PDP led government for an obvious reasons but illegitimacy is never an option. As far as Jonathan is still a citizen of this country then, he alone reserves the right to contest in any election or otherwise; thus, trying to deny him the right to contest is akin to trying to mop the Pacific ocean. The G7 should understand that what they are asking for is similar to coup d'etat which can attract multiple life sentence.

#Rhino.5dm #PostingFromObudu #SweetVacation cool

5 Likes

Re: Atiku And His Gangs Are Fools For Saying GEJ Shouldn't Contest In 2015. by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 04, 2013
Dont mind d loosed fools.
Re: Atiku And His Gangs Are Fools For Saying GEJ Shouldn't Contest In 2015. by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 04, 2013
It is one thing to castigate the President for his tacit approval of anti-democratic forces that have been engendering much discord in recent months, but quite another to deny him his inalienable right to contest the 2015 elections.

I am @eGuerrilla and I completely endorse your message wink

1 Like

Re: Atiku And His Gangs Are Fools For Saying GEJ Shouldn't Contest In 2015. by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 04, 2013
You see something wrong in Jonathan being intimidated not to contest in 2015,but you see nothing wrong in your man Amaechi being intimidated by Jonathan and his wife not to contest in 2015?

smh for you!

7 Likes

Re: Atiku And His Gangs Are Fools For Saying GEJ Shouldn't Contest In 2015. by AkamuandStew: 12:21pm On Sep 04, 2013
I'm of the opinion that to an extent Atiku and His people are right to ask GEJ not to contest on PDP's platform.

This is purely a PDP affair. We weren't there when GEJ reached an agreement with his PDP brothers to go for just one term why should we be bothered when he is being called upon to honor his agreement?

Once more I say whatever the members of the killer-party decide to do with GEJ(wrt 2015 election) remains the business of those within the party.

We should separate PDP's internal arrangement from the inalienable right of GEJ to contest the 2015 election on any other platform aside that of PDP.

cool

2 Likes

Re: Atiku And His Gangs Are Fools For Saying GEJ Shouldn't Contest In 2015. by Gbawe2: 12:28pm On Sep 04, 2013
@OP.

You usually call it as you see it yet I think it is inappropriate and out of place for you and others to comment about the rights and wrong of how the PDP politicians handle their internal dispute to the extent you now proclaim right or wrong decisively. This is not open to the public court of arbitration and you should remember "all is fair in love and war" as GEJ has himself, on many occasions, demonstrated in his ruthless take-down of others that has been applauded vociferously by his fans here.

You and others forget that the Atiku factions is not telling GEJ what to do. GEJ and his mercenaries are the ones running around begging for "peace and unity" they did not think was needed when they were at their imperious, arrogant and dictatorial best.

The Atiku faction has merely given the conditions for "peace and unity". However such conditions rankle anyone, let no one forget that GEJ has the option of telling them to get lost.

If GEJ does not want to accept their condition, which their strength in number and assumed political sagacity/support base gives them the right to demand, then Mr.President should simply reject their conditions and prove to all of us he is also a sagacious politician who can make the PDP factions he has inherited a winning one.

We cannot dismiss the reality of how it is deliberate Machiavellian machinations of team GEJ, played out before our very eyes, that has brought this situation upon the PDP in the first place. My guy, see what is obvious and stay out of commenting on PDP intra Party 'mechanisms' for dealing with treachery and dictatorship that abets a situation where it is "one man standing" because abuse of office has dismissed all others.

Did you not see Oyinlola and others ruthlessly 'retrenched' after Alli carried the day as PDP BOT chairman? Did Anenih, after that 'retrenchment', not emerge PDP "consensus" BOT chairman at the second outing? What of the desperation to ensure Amaechi did not return as NGF chairman? The effort to impeach him? Patience strutting around insulting real politicians who cut their teeth in the 'arena'? Shall we inspect more desperate actions all designed to ensure GEJ was the last man standing? Had others not been mocked for "impotence" against "all-powerful" GEJ when the reality was that others were merely happy to watch GEJ expend energy secure in the knowledge he can never take over a Party (PDP) often described the "Northern Party" by astute analysts. I don't have a problem with people using legitimate veto/numerical/mobilisation powers to truncate the dictatorial and intolerant ambition of a leader that is unpopular and rejected by the majority at intra Party level.

6 Likes

Re: Atiku And His Gangs Are Fools For Saying GEJ Shouldn't Contest In 2015. by Gbawe2: 12:31pm On Sep 04, 2013
Akamu and Stew: I'm of the opinion that to an extent Atiku and His people are right to ask GEJ not to contest on PDP's platform.

This is purely a PDP affair. We weren't there when GEJ reached an agreement with his PDP brothers to go for just one term why should we be bothered when he is being called upon to honor his agreement?

Once more I say whatever the members of the killer-party decide to do with GEJ(wrt 2015 election) remains the business of those within the party.

We should separate PDP's internal arrangement from the inalienable right of GEJ to contest the 2015 election on any other platform aside that of PDP.

cool

Thank you.
Re: Atiku And His Gangs Are Fools For Saying GEJ Shouldn't Contest In 2015. by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 04, 2013
@Berem,

You are referring to two distinct issues here.

In my opinion, while the G7 is right to insist on transparent primaries within the PDP, it must be understood that disbarring the President from contesting the 2015 elections goes against every democratic norm. Before I go on, let me make it clear that I care little for the so-called gentleman's agreement or any arguments in favour of zoning, here.

If you understand that the calculus of politics is rather complex and not always driven by universal logic, you will see that it is possible to condemn the tyranny of the minority in Rivers state while defending the inalienable rights afforded to the instigator of the same crisis, elsewhere. It is simply a case of taking the moral high ground madam. wink

1 Like

Re: Atiku And His Gangs Are Fools For Saying GEJ Shouldn't Contest In 2015. by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 04, 2013
@Gbawe, we are not in dispute about the amount of malfeasance which has characterised the President's dealings with his peers
up to this point.

But, as a democrat, what do you see as the bottom-line?
Re: Atiku And His Gangs Are Fools For Saying GEJ Shouldn't Contest In 2015. by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 04, 2013
eGuerrilla: @Berem,

You are referring to two distinct issues here.

In my opinion, while the G7 is right to insist on transparent primaries within the PDP, it must be understood that disbarring the President from contesting the 2015 elections goes against every democratic norm. Before I go on, let me make it clear that I care little for the so-called gentleman's agreement or any arguments in favour of zoning, here.

If you understand that the calculus of politics is rather complex and not always driven by universal logic, you will see that it is possible to condemn the tyranny of the minority in Rivers state while defending the inalienable rights afforded to the instigator of the same crisis, elsewhere. It is simply a case of taking the moral high ground madam. wink
Bros, there's nothing like 2 distinct issues here as long as it's within the killer party aka PDP.Both of them are contesting for the same position. Just as amaechi has the right to contest, Jonathan has the same right too! We should ask ourselves, what is Jonathan or Atiku afraid of? Is Jonathan afraid that Amaechi might be a stumbling block to his re election or is Atike afraid that Jonathan might rig his way into winning in the primaries?

1 Like

Re: Atiku And His Gangs Are Fools For Saying GEJ Shouldn't Contest In 2015. by Gbawe2: 12:55pm On Sep 04, 2013
eGuerrilla: @Gbawe, we are not in dispute about the amount of malfeasance which has characterised the President's dealings with his peers
up to this point.

But, as a democrat, what do you see as the bottom-line?

As a total democrat, I fully agree GEJ should be allowed to contest and stated this many times. I am however not Lamido, Aliyu, Atiku or anyone else who is facing the prospect of not even being allowed to test their popularity because of a power-drunk President cornering the machinery of power to bully everyone out of the way.

We cannot glibly discredit the legitimate fear of those who have never seen GEJ show a willingness to submit himself to a genuine test of popularity.

We all know GEJ, if contesting, will seek to undermine the process at every step of the way because he simply cannot win otherwise. You and I know Nigerian Presidents do not take too kindly to public humiliation which is the only the inevitable outcome of GEJ contesting the PDP primaries. GEJ and his crew are aware of this. Such is the extent to which they have 'lost' the support of even the moderates in the Party let alone the hardliners who openly shout that internal treachery must be punished. Once peace is brokered the machinations of team GEJ will begin again to overcome others. It will be non-stop as the only solution for a desperate camp that knows it is guaranteed to fail if a genuine test of popularity is the deciding factor.

Others may just be fed up of the man's nature. While I cannot overtly support what they are doing, I think it is a legitimate tool of self-preservation against a character who has shown, on many occasions, that he has no honour or steadfast and principled devotion to anything. Let GEJ stick his finger up at these conditions and prove he is no lazy and usurping opportunist. He should, like Tinubu developed the ACN after Atiku and others left, turn his inherited faction into a winning one with his own hard work and talent. There is a feel of inevitable karma to the all this.

5 Likes

Re: Atiku And His Gangs Are Fools For Saying GEJ Shouldn't Contest In 2015. by brixton: 1:22pm On Sep 04, 2013
berem: You see something wrong in Jonathan being intimidated not to contest in 2015,but you see nothing wrong in your man Amaechi being intimidated by Jonathan and his wife not to contest in 2015?

smh for you!

Ameachi is not constitutional eligible to seek gov election fro 2015
Re: Atiku And His Gangs Are Fools For Saying GEJ Shouldn't Contest In 2015. by Gbawe2: 1:32pm On Sep 04, 2013
brixton:

She is talking about Amaechi running as the VP candidate to Lamido. I.e the popular duo believed to be endorsed by many PDP 'fathers' to include OBJ, Ali et al.

1 Like

Re: Atiku And His Gangs Are Fools For Saying GEJ Shouldn't Contest In 2015. by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 04, 2013
brixton:

Do you still reside on planet earth or you just enter naija? Who told you he's contesting for governorship election after 2 terms? Na wa to you o! angry

1 Like

Re: Atiku And His Gangs Are Fools For Saying GEJ Shouldn't Contest In 2015. by brixton: 1:47pm On Sep 04, 2013
berem: Do you still reside on planet earth or you just enter naija? Who told you he's contesting for governorship election after 2 terms? Na wa to you o! angry

do you have to resort to abuses? Whats wrong with you? I only pointed out what i thought you meant
Re: Atiku And His Gangs Are Fools For Saying GEJ Shouldn't Contest In 2015. by eagleeye2: 1:52pm On Sep 04, 2013
berem: You see something wrong in Jonathan being intimidated not to contest in 2015,but you see nothing wrong in your man Amaechi being intimidated by Jonathan and his wife not to contest in 2015?

smh for you!
Fair is Foul; Foul is Fair.......all na politics. Don't lose sleep over this unless you are gaining in some ways......

1 Like

Re: Atiku And His Gangs Are Fools For Saying GEJ Shouldn't Contest In 2015. by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 04, 2013
brixton:

do you have to resort to abuses? Whats wrong with you? I only pointed out what i thought you meant
oya, sorry no vex! wink
Re: Atiku And His Gangs Are Fools For Saying GEJ Shouldn't Contest In 2015. by ckkris: 3:18pm On Sep 04, 2013
Gbawe.:

She is talking about Amaechi running as the VP candidate to Lamido. I.e the popular duo believed to be endorsed by many PDP 'fathers' to include OBJ, Ali et al.
'fathers' of yore CAN'T DICTATE what you do today. That walkout has failed, and they're stranded. President Jonathan is THE FATHER OF PDP today.
Re: Atiku And His Gangs Are Fools For Saying GEJ Shouldn't Contest In 2015. by Beaf1: 4:04pm On Sep 04, 2013
^
Yeah, we all can see that.
Why is he $hitting in his pants after the mini-convention drama? cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Atiku And His Gangs Are Fools For Saying GEJ Shouldn't Contest In 2015. by fagbalex(m): 4:31pm On Sep 04, 2013
Akamu and Stew: I'm of the opinion that to an extent Atiku and His people are right to ask GEJ not to contest on PDP's platform.

cool

it will forever better for you for this comment. 1 million thump up for you man.

1 Like

Re: Atiku And His Gangs Are Fools For Saying GEJ Shouldn't Contest In 2015. by dridowu: 7:01pm On Sep 04, 2013
Honestly speaking i love ds feedeefee crisis, ds should continue @least till after 2015, so nothing concern whether gej contest or not
Re: Atiku And His Gangs Are Fools For Saying GEJ Shouldn't Contest In 2015. by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 04, 2013
the President must contest the election and let those who dont want him vote him out.

If asked to vote today, I will not vote Jonathan if there is a credible alternative

But it is Jonathan's right to contest the election and he should. Nobody has any right to exclude the President from the electoral process
Re: Atiku And His Gangs Are Fools For Saying GEJ Shouldn't Contest In 2015. by owobokiri(m): 7:59pm On Sep 04, 2013
To think that some Nigerians in their utter desperation for power will see in a sheepish looking Atiku, a certified croook.., as some kind of symbol of political redemption is simply nonplussing!
Re: Atiku And His Gangs Are Fools For Saying GEJ Shouldn't Contest In 2015. by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 04, 2013
owobokiri: To think that some Nigerians in their utter desperation for power will see in a sheepish looking Atiku, a certified croook.., as some kind of symbol of political redemption is simply nonplussing!

Atiku is not anymore of a crook than Jonathan

(1) (Reply)

PRESS RELEASE: MEND Exposes National Dialogue Committee Member, Tony Uranta / Blackrevolution: The Yorubas, Efiks As The Real Canaanite, Hebrew-israelites!!! / Gowon, Danjuma, Berate Obasanjo Over Letter To Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.