Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,385 members, 7,808,364 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

Should Read: Davido Skelewu Has Caused A Lot Of Stampede/troubles On Youtube - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Should Read: Davido Skelewu Has Caused A Lot Of Stampede/troubles On Youtube (2737 Views)

Timaya & His Givenchy Shoe & Bag Caused A Stir At An Airport (photo) / Davido Skelewu Dance... (video) / Man Dances Unclad To Win Davido's Skelewu Competition! (UPDATED) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Read: Davido Skelewu Has Caused A Lot Of Stampede/troubles On Youtube by Codedrock(m): 11:30am On Sep 04, 2013
The ongoing industrial action bythe members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities may have given leverage to a dance competition put together by hip-hop music sensation, Davido. The popular singer had stated on his various social media platforms that he would be giving out a cash sum of $3, 000 (N486,000) to any of his fans or group who can beat his dance moves on his new single,Skelewu. He had uploadedon his YouTube channel an instructional three minutes, 33 seconds video of the single where he gave tips as to how tomake the moves before asking his fans to do same to win the cash award. But the dance competition is now trending on various social channels. A check on YouTube reveals that dozens of youths have shot and uploaded various versions of the video on the video-sharing website with creative and intriguing dance steps. Children were also not left out in the raceto win the cash prize as some parents filmed their children dancing to the music and uploaded the video on their YouTube channels. In one of thevideos, an adult male was heard on the background encouragingtwo little girls, who would be under the age of five, to dance ''well'' to the rhythm of the song. A cursory look at the YouTube videos shows that many participants in the competition simply turned the corner of their sitting rooms, access roads leadingto their streets, bathrooms, toilets, garages among others into dance halls. A particular video published on YouTube on August 21, by a groupknown as Laughoryarn is one of the most popular, as it has attracted over 56, 000 views. In the video, the members of the group danced in a restaurant, and in a public toilet. Moving it a notch higher, one of the members of the group also danced to the rhythm while controlling traffic at a T-junction in Lagos. One Onochie Ojekwe also uploaded his own version of the dance onYouTube showing him dancing in an office setting. According tohim, he decided to give the competition a try on August 19, on a Monday morning to ''cool off'' before the start of work. A male colleague of his who was heard speaking in the background filmed him. However, some of the participants of the competition took their creative ability to a weird level. For instance, one of them who was in company withfour of his friends went as far as dancing nude in a YouTube entry for the competition. An outrage trailed the young chap'sdecision to dance unclad as many saw it as a desperate and lazy attempt to cut corners and come out tops in the competition. SOURCE- http://www./should-read-davido-skelewu-has-caused-a.xhtml
Re: Should Read: Davido Skelewu Has Caused A Lot Of Stampede/troubles On Youtube by Codedrock(m): 11:41am On Sep 04, 2013
YOU GUYS THINK WAT??
Re: Should Read: Davido Skelewu Has Caused A Lot Of Stampede/troubles On Youtube by Naofficial: 11:56am On Sep 04, 2013
Guys gone crazy cos of 500k lol..
Re: Should Read: Davido Skelewu Has Caused A Lot Of Stampede/troubles On Youtube by buchito1(m): 1:23pm On Sep 04, 2013
I see notin dere sha..... Even tho I haven't heared or watched any skelewu, I jst tink davido nd d guyz on Youtube are jst tryna have fun!!!! Cause Y.O.L.O!!! Shot out to dos hustling for money... Dnt forget wen u die of high B.P, na ur in-laws go chop am! So NLS! Be wise!!!
Re: Should Read: Davido Skelewu Has Caused A Lot Of Stampede/troubles On Youtube by gluv01(f): 2:00pm On Sep 04, 2013
Kai! For 486k which is not even up to 500k that i pay for my rent per month? shocked
Wow! To the extent of dancing unclad? Now that's just lame and a lazy, crazy, dumb move to win the cash price. The craze for it is really serious and taking a toll on the youths especially. He should announce the winner from all the videos bikonu so that an old taxi man won't join in and break his bones coz i trust Naija.
Re: Should Read: Davido Skelewu Has Caused A Lot Of Stampede/troubles On Youtube by Tolexander: 2:02pm On Sep 04, 2013
ASUU!
Re: Should Read: Davido Skelewu Has Caused A Lot Of Stampede/troubles On Youtube by Codedrock(m): 2:57pm On Sep 04, 2013
Tolexander: ASUU!
i have been praying since.. People lyk you And the [END TIME TINS]people shouldnt enter this thread.
Re: Should Read: Davido Skelewu Has Caused A Lot Of Stampede/troubles On Youtube by Codedrock(m): 3:01pm On Sep 04, 2013
gluv01: Kai! For 486k which is not even up to 500k that i pay for my rent per month? shocked
Wow! To the extent of dancing unclad? Now that's just lame and a lazy, crazy, dumb move to win the cash price. The craze for it is really serious and taking a toll on the youths especially. He should announce the winner from all the videos bikonu so that an old taxi man won't join in and break his bones coz i trust Naija.
lol. This are the new set of people we have on nairaland the ghetto freaks pretending to be burtty.. MISS LIAR.. I am damn sure you are one of those girls that danced wit bumpshot to win the competition
Re: Should Read: Davido Skelewu Has Caused A Lot Of Stampede/troubles On Youtube by flolancracker: 3:19pm On Sep 04, 2013
Codedrock: lol. This are the new set of people we have on nairaland the ghetto freaks pretending to be burtty.. MISS LIAR.. I am damn sure you are one of those girls that danced wit bumpshot to win the competition
boy, not everyone on here is a kid u knw...
Re: Should Read: Davido Skelewu Has Caused A Lot Of Stampede/troubles On Youtube by Airforce1(m): 3:34pm On Sep 04, 2013
Skelewu ko, kangaroo ni sad

Lyrics, nonsense

Beatz, so on point.
Re: Should Read: Davido Skelewu Has Caused A Lot Of Stampede/troubles On Youtube by Codedrock(m): 3:37pm On Sep 04, 2013
flolancracker: boy, not everyone on here is a kid u knw...
but wit the way she wrote up there.. I tink she is a kid. RICH PEOPLE DONT FLAUNT ONLINE.. & @you.. Why did you use the word BOY for me?
Re: Should Read: Davido Skelewu Has Caused A Lot Of Stampede/troubles On Youtube by flolancracker: 4:24pm On Sep 04, 2013
Codedrock: but wit the way she wrote up there.. I tink she is. RICH PEOPLE DONT FLAUNT ONLINE.. & @you.. Why did you use the word BOY for me?
yes you sound like a BOY.
Re: Should Read: Davido Skelewu Has Caused A Lot Of Stampede/troubles On Youtube by Codedrock(m): 4:39pm On Sep 04, 2013
Airforce1: Skelewu ko, kangaroo ni sad

Lyrics, nonsense

Beatz, so on point.
D LYRICS DEY MAKE SENSE.. No spoil am.. Na dance tinz.. The lyrics is romantic.
Re: Should Read: Davido Skelewu Has Caused A Lot Of Stampede/troubles On Youtube by Codedrock(m): 4:42pm On Sep 04, 2013
flolancracker: yes you sound like a BOY.
AND WOULD YOU TELL ME?? Wat make sound lyk a boy?? Freaky man..
Re: Should Read: Davido Skelewu Has Caused A Lot Of Stampede/troubles On Youtube by Tolexander: 4:59pm On Sep 04, 2013
Codedrock: i have been praying since.. People lyk you And the [END TIME TINS]people shouldnt enter this thread.
when there are many good things to pray for, so this is what your prayer has been centred on since.
Re: Should Read: Davido Skelewu Has Caused A Lot Of Stampede/troubles On Youtube by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 04, 2013
all na marketing strategy
Re: Should Read: Davido Skelewu Has Caused A Lot Of Stampede/troubles On Youtube by dridowu: 6:34pm On Sep 04, 2013
Who is skelewu ?
What is davido ?
Where is Youtube ?
Re: Should Read: Davido Skelewu Has Caused A Lot Of Stampede/troubles On Youtube by Codedrock(m): 8:33pm On Sep 04, 2013
dridowu: Who is skelewu ?
What is davido ?
Where is Youtube ?
i guess you have slept since 1950 just waking up now.. But i am wondering how you got to know nairaland.
Re: Should Read: Davido Skelewu Has Caused A Lot Of Stampede/troubles On Youtube by Codedrock(m): 8:34pm On Sep 04, 2013
Tolexander: when there are many good things to pray for, so this is what your prayer has been centred on since.
COS I AM BLESSED.. I can pray anything anytime.
Re: Should Read: Davido Skelewu Has Caused A Lot Of Stampede/troubles On Youtube by Tolexander: 8:39pm On Sep 04, 2013
Codedrock: COS I AM BLESSED.. I can pray anything anytime.
then pray for nairaland to be yours before tomorrow morning if you are blessed to pray anything anytime.
Re: Should Read: Davido Skelewu Has Caused A Lot Of Stampede/troubles On Youtube by gluv01(f): 9:13pm On Sep 04, 2013
Codedrock: lol. This are the new set of people we have on nairaland the ghetto freaks pretending to be burtty.. MISS LIAR.. I am damn sure you are one of those girls that danced wit bumpshot to win the competition

Oh please! By the way, I was a member of your freaking blog coz i thought I can get some genuine news, not the copy and paste stuff you do without giving credit to the original post or website. Ain't no gurl tryna get off some meager amount of money off a dude who needs it. Moma thought me better than show my butt in a bumshort on the internet. You really sound like a kid as florancracker observed coz the controversy the video caused and is still causing is much which made me type that up.
Re: Should Read: Davido Skelewu Has Caused A Lot Of Stampede/troubles On Youtube by Shekson(m): 9:48pm On Sep 04, 2013
As NLders wld say,,,,,,,,,,,,,END TYME T***
Re: Should Read: Davido Skelewu Has Caused A Lot Of Stampede/troubles On Youtube by ScarFaceTF(m): 11:07pm On Sep 04, 2013
End time tins ;DEnd time tins
Re: Should Read: Davido Skelewu Has Caused A Lot Of Stampede/troubles On Youtube by engroke(m): 11:49pm On Sep 04, 2013
i came, i saw, i throway face cos this is purely

END TIME TINZ
Re: Should Read: Davido Skelewu Has Caused A Lot Of Stampede/troubles On Youtube by engroke(m): 11:53pm On Sep 04, 2013
dridowu: Who is skelewu ?
What is davido ?
Where is Youtube ?
GEJ 2nd wife, he is a footballer just signed for eyinmba fc, a name of a street in. Maiduguri
Respectively
Re: Should Read: Davido Skelewu Has Caused A Lot Of Stampede/troubles On Youtube by Nobody: 11:59pm On Sep 04, 2013
Children were also not left out in the raceto win the cash prize as some parents filmed their children dancing to the music and uploaded the video on their YouTube channels. In one of thevideos, an adult male was heard on the background encouragingtwo little girls, who would be under the age of five, to dance ''well'' to the rhythm of the song. A cursory look at the YouTube videos shows that many participants in the competition simply turned the corner of their sitting rooms, access roads leadingto their streets, bathrooms, toilets, garages among others into dance halls. A particular video published on YouTube on August 21, by a groupknown as Laughoryarn is one of the most popular, as it has attracted over 56, 000 views. In the video, the members of the group danced in a restaurant, and in a public toilet. Moving it a notch higher, one of the members of the group also danced to the rhythm while controlling traffic at a T-junction in Lagos.... For instance, one of them who was in company withfour of his friends went as far as dancing Unclad in a YouTube entry for the competition. An outrage trailed the young chap'sdecision to dance unclad as many saw it as a desperate and lazy attempt to cut corners and come out tops in the competition

grin I have to see these vids.
Nigerians too like money. All this because of 3000dollars?
Re: Should Read: Davido Skelewu Has Caused A Lot Of Stampede/troubles On Youtube by Nobody: 12:55am On Sep 05, 2013
Codedrock:
The ongoing industrial action bythe members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities may have given leverage to a dance competition put together by hip-hop music sensation, Davido. The popular singer had stated on his various social media platforms that he would be giving out a cash sum of $3, 000 (N486,000) to any of his fans or group who can beat his dance moves on his new single,Skelewu. He had uploadedon his YouTube channel an instructional three minutes, 33 seconds video of the single where he gave tips as to how tomake the moves before asking his fans to do same to win the cash award. But the dance competition is now trending on various social channels. A check on YouTube reveals that dozens of youths have shot and uploaded various versions of the video on the video-sharing website with creative and intriguing dance steps. Children were also not left out in the raceto win the cash prize as some parents filmed their children dancing to the music and uploaded the video on their YouTube channels. In one of thevideos, an adult male was heard on the background encouragingtwo little girls, who would be under the age of five, to dance ''well'' to the rhythm of the song. A cursory look at the YouTube videos shows that many participants in the competition simply turned the corner of their sitting rooms, access roads leadingto their streets, bathrooms, toilets, garages among others into dance halls. A particular video published on YouTube on August 21, by a groupknown as Laughoryarn is one of the most popular, as it has attracted over 56, 000 views. In the video, the members of the group danced in a restaurant, and in a public toilet. Moving it a notch higher, one of the members of the group also danced to the rhythm while controlling traffic at a T-junction in Lagos. One Onochie Ojekwe also uploaded his own version of the dance onYouTube showing him dancing in an office setting. According tohim, he decided to give the competition a try on August 19, on a Monday morning to ''cool off'' before the start of work. A male colleague of his who was heard speaking in the background filmed him. However, some of the participants of the competition took their creative ability to a weird level. For instance, one of them who was in company withfour of his friends went as far as dancing Unclad in a YouTube entry for the competition. An outrage trailed the young chap'sdecision to dance unclad as many saw it as a desperate and lazy attempt to cut corners and come out tops in the competition. SOURCE- http://www./should-read-davido-skelewu-has-caused-a.xhtml

shocked shocked shocked shocked

Onochie mehn, crazy as usual grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Duncan Mighty Is First Nigerian Audio Engineer To Use The World's Best Mixer / Chidinma And IllBliss Visit BBC 1Xtra Studio(Photos) / How To Get A Flawless Even Coloured And Lightened Skin, Fast, Safe And Naturally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.