Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,819 members, 7,802,620 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World (56550 Views)

10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. / Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe / The Top 10 Most Overrated“geniuses” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by canuck(m): 3:12pm On Sep 05, 2013
Ishilove:
My brother ehn, no be so. Na congenital liver problem o. The tin still dey pain me up till now sad

This is a picture of him a few weeks to his death. He was very sick here.

O my poor darling... cry sad

Eyaaaaah! Losing a beloved pet is a real loss. I feel you cry

Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by canuck(m): 3:14pm On Sep 05, 2013
ItsModella:
Basenjis don't bark, they yodel. If a dog barks, it isn't a basenji. It might be a half-breed but definitely not a pure basenji.

The ekukes I know bark.

GBAM! You don talk am finish!

Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by canuck(m): 3:16pm On Sep 05, 2013
J12: I had a german shepherd once. its a mans best friend truly and I almost wept when it died but then I remembered that we are in the END TIMES so I had to let it go.

I nor fit laff, abeg!!! cheesy

Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by canuck(m): 3:17pm On Sep 05, 2013
some-girl:

Dutch = Caucasian = "Ca......"

Thank you, some-girl. . .So true smiley

Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by canuck(m): 3:21pm On Sep 05, 2013
Weixzy: Pit bull , bull dog and bull terrier didn't make the list

The Bull Dog belongs in the lowest intelligence category - "Lowest Degree of Working/Obedience Intelligence" - And ranks #77 out of 79 breeds!!! Ouch!

The Bull Terrier, on the other hand, is in the following category:

Fair Working/Obedience Intelligence
• Understanding of New Commands: 40 to 80 repetitions.
• Obey First Command: 30% of the time or better

The Bull Terrier ranks #66
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by Damolux01(m): 3:36pm On Sep 05, 2013
Damolux01: Please, how much is a German Shepherd Dog(Alsatian Dog) in Nigeria? Thanks!
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by Ishilove: 3:39pm On Sep 05, 2013
canuck:

Eyaaaaah! Losing a beloved pet is a real loss. I feel you cry

'Beloved' is an understatement. He was a part and parcel of the family sad
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by 50calibre(m): 3:40pm On Sep 05, 2013
deesquare-diddy:

are u high on drugs?....does it look like your bingo?

But those two dogs are completely different, the first is a Rottweiler, obviously a pic off google images, the second is your basenji/mongrel (or whatever it's breed are called) aka ekuke aka local breed, the type that's skilled in the art of human faeces identification and consumption.
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by xynerise: 3:42pm On Sep 05, 2013
Ishilove:
'Beloved' is an understatement. He was a part and parcel of the family sad
Am telling u.

I still dey remember my dog wey purge before e die undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by arthgideon: 4:02pm On Sep 05, 2013
Whats the most dangerous or violent dogs
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 05, 2013
Ishilove:
Bingo is NOT Basenji. The Basenji, also known as the voiceless dog because they can't bark, is native to Southern Africa. Bingo isn't Mongrel either. Bingo is simply known as the Native West African dog because like canuck has mentioned, they are so mixed that their breed is not recognised internationally

Ok, but na who mix am...?
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by canuck(m): 4:27pm On Sep 05, 2013
arthgideon: Whats the most dangerous or violent dogs

Pit bulls are likely the most dangerous dogs and also the most controversial pets because of the high number of attacks.

Pit bulls will lock their jaw and not let go until their victim is dead. The huge amount of pressure into their jaw makes it impossible to pry it open.

They need to be properly trained and should never be provoked.

Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by canuck(m): 4:32pm On Sep 05, 2013
dapsondou:

Don't know about the bull mastiff but the great dane is a very silly dog

LWKMD! You mean Great Dane is a learner cheesy

Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by ndiyeauwa: 4:32pm On Sep 05, 2013
The Nigerian "Local dog" breed is NOT a Basenji. BUT, they are very closely related. Kinda like the similarity between the Shi tzu and the Lhasa Apso.

NB: I need a Cat in my life,,,seriously!!! Who can help a fellow NLander out??
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by canuck(m): 4:42pm On Sep 05, 2013
ndiyeauwa: The Nigerian "Local dog" breed is NOT a Basenji. BUT, they are very closely related. Kinda like the similarity between the Shi tzu and the Lhasa Apso.

NB: I need a Cat in my life,,,seriously!!! Who can help a fellow NLander out??

So on point! smiley

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by dapsondou(m): 4:45pm On Sep 05, 2013
canuck:

LWKMD! You mean Great Dane is a learner cheesy

Its a big dog but dull..
If u get angry easily, don't keep a great dane as pet
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by canuck(m): 4:46pm On Sep 05, 2013
For those who asked about the intelligence ranking of the Basenji, the breed is ranked in the lowest intelligence category: "Lowest Degree of Working/Obedience Intelligence"

Basenji is ranked #78 out of 79 breeds! Serious Olodo dog. They are the second least trainable dog

There is only one dog less intelligent -> Afghan Hound smiley

Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by Ishilove: 5:54pm On Sep 05, 2013
xynerise:
Am telling u.

I still dey remember my dog wey purge before e die undecided
Awwww, eyah sad
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by ceejayluv(m): 6:03pm On Sep 05, 2013
ItsModella:
But Basenjis don't bark. The average ekuke/local dog can bark like a dog suffering from mental illness.
The Basenji produces an unusual
yodel -like sound commonly called a
"barroo", due to its unusually shaped
larynx. This trait also gives the
Basenji the nickname "Barkless Dog". (wikipedia)

Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by DrDre1(m): 6:06pm On Sep 05, 2013
canuck:

ROTFL @ bolded part! I know how you feel, Dr. Dre smiley

Thanks...the dog is truly man's best friend...better than some humans by miles wink
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by ceejayluv(m): 6:18pm On Sep 05, 2013
Ishilove:
Bingo is NOT Basenji. The Basenji, also known as the voiceless dog because they can't bark, is native to Southern Africa. Bingo isn't Mongrel either. Bingo is simply known as the Native West African dog because like canuck has mentioned, they are so mixed that their breed is not recognised internationally
Basenji originated from Congo, according to wikipedia. Though it's true majority of the bingo dogs are mongrels, but they basically descended from the basenji stock.
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by deesquarediddy(m): 7:27pm On Sep 05, 2013
Ishilove:
My brother ehn, no be so. Na congenital liver problem o. The tin still dey pain me up till now sad

This is a picture of him a few weeks to his death. He was very sick here.

O my poor darling... cry sad

and you're comparing my dog with this?.....lol i can't laugh.
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by deesquarediddy(m): 7:37pm On Sep 05, 2013
50calibre:

But those two dogs are completely different, the first is a Rottweiler, obviously a pic off google images, the second is your basenji/mongrel (or whatever it's breed are called) aka ekuke aka local breed, the type that's skilled in the art of human faeces identification and consumption.

You're saying this cos u let your dog loosed to fend for themselves. As for mine, where e won see the feces self?...has never stepped out of the compound on its own cos the gate is always locked except when its been taken for a walk.

meanwhile am only telling you how mixed the Nigerian breed are...like say u go like dog meat self....lol
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by Hero10001: 8:30pm On Sep 05, 2013
@OP,
I can't find these on the list;
Tireless Dalmatian from Croatia?
(it reminds me of the movie, The 101 Dalmatians)

Pug,

Manchester terrier,

American water spaniel,

Greater swiss mountain dog,

Beuceron,

Bulldog,

and the infamous Fulani-warrior that protects Naija livestocks from 'anything' harmful.?? !!
;-)
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by Ishilove: 8:37pm On Sep 05, 2013
deesquare-diddy:

and you're comparing my dog with this?.....lol i can't laugh.
Berra don't laugb, you nasty fellow. Don't you see I'm hurting?? angry
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by Hero10001: 8:58pm On Sep 05, 2013
iyenimofe:
Really Nice. But I'm stil wondering why its predominant in Nigeria.
chaii, see the good-bad question!?

Why Naija?
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by henry007(m): 10:21pm On Nov 19, 2013
The Real name for Bingo is actually "AFRICANIS"
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by YOLO1(m): 10:03pm On Apr 09, 2016
Please how much can I get a collie or GSD in Nigeria. Please what's the budget for there feeding monthly?
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by ultrazone(m): 2:34pm On Apr 20, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The African Continent Is Slowly Peeling Apart, A New Ocean Will Be Created / Massive Crocodile Ripped Off A Boy’s Head & Swallowed Him In Costa Rica / Hundreds Of 'Evil-Eyed' Fish 'Deadlier Than Cyanide' Found On Beach In Cape Town

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.