Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,376 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

PDP Candidate Rejects Offa Rerun Victory Against Kwasiec's Announcement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Candidate Rejects Offa Rerun Victory Against Kwasiec's Announcement (14122 Views)

Crowd Welcome The Army & CJTF After Victory Against Boko Haram [Photos] / Billboard War In Lagos As PDP Candidate Clips Campaign Advert With APC- Pictured / Campaign Office Of PDP Candidate Set Ablaze In Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Candidate Rejects Offa Rerun Victory Against Kwasiec's Announcement by solapex: 2:28pm On Sep 04, 2013
PDP candidate rejects Offa rerun victory against KWASIEC's announcement
2013-09-04 12:57:41
A councilorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in Shawo South West ward in Offa Local Government of Kwara State, Mr. Afolabi Olawole has rejected victory at the election. He was declared winner of the ward election by the Kwara State Independent Electoral Commission(KWASIEC) in  Saturday’s rerun election. He stated that he did not win in the election. According to him, the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Mr. Adefioye Kayode won the election.

He spoke during APC’s media briefing in Offa on Wednesday. He stated that he rejected his announced victory based on his religious belief of not cheating. He added that his stand was also to ensure that his community did not witness violence and retrogression. He stated that he was not influenced by anybody. Also one of the presiding officers, Oyetunji Akin  said the APC won in  the councillorship and chairmanship elections in Shaw Central ward where he presided.

KWASIEC had announced that PDP won the ward. According to him, APC polled 1,213 to defeat PDP he said had 568.

http://mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/news/pdp-candidate-rejects-offa-rerun-victory-against-kwasiecs-announcement/

10 Likes

Re: PDP Candidate Rejects Offa Rerun Victory Against Kwasiec's Announcement by Abagworo(m): 2:37pm On Sep 04, 2013
Unbelievable!

6 Likes

Re: PDP Candidate Rejects Offa Rerun Victory Against Kwasiec's Announcement by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 04, 2013
Holy Mary wife of Joseph the Carpenter!! shocked

6 Likes

Re: PDP Candidate Rejects Offa Rerun Victory Against Kwasiec's Announcement by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 04, 2013
I dey laugh oo
Re: PDP Candidate Rejects Offa Rerun Victory Against Kwasiec's Announcement by Evyuc(m): 2:45pm On Sep 04, 2013
For the first time in nigeria history. Somebody will reject a political power dat some in sickbed don't want it to get loose of them.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Candidate Rejects Offa Rerun Victory Against Kwasiec's Announcement by desgiezd(m): 2:46pm On Sep 04, 2013
Are there still people with conscience in PDP?

1 Like

Re: PDP Candidate Rejects Offa Rerun Victory Against Kwasiec's Announcement by janvier27(m): 2:49pm On Sep 04, 2013
There is still hope for this country. Shame on all the other recipients of stolen goods.

5 Likes

Re: PDP Candidate Rejects Offa Rerun Victory Against Kwasiec's Announcement by yfo: 2:55pm On Sep 04, 2013
I don't mean to shoot down the importance of what this guy has done but does anyone feel that APC has something to the with the PDP members rebelling (opposition having private talks *cough*)
I hope more officers are as upright as this guy but the timing of this the new found saint-hood sweeping across PDP seems a bit off.....just my opinion though.

5 Likes

Re: PDP Candidate Rejects Offa Rerun Victory Against Kwasiec's Announcement by Realdeals(m): 3:03pm On Sep 04, 2013
Are you sure?
Re: PDP Candidate Rejects Offa Rerun Victory Against Kwasiec's Announcement by egift(m): 3:12pm On Sep 04, 2013
Up APC!!! - to God be the glory.

NEXT...

Anambra. Dr. Chris Ngige, God is full control.

8 Likes

Re: PDP Candidate Rejects Offa Rerun Victory Against Kwasiec's Announcement by alaoeri: 3:22pm On Sep 04, 2013
Never know ppl with conscience are still in Nigerian politics.

1 Like

Re: PDP Candidate Rejects Offa Rerun Victory Against Kwasiec's Announcement by yunglykmine(m): 3:29pm On Sep 04, 2013
Is Offa Local Government in Nigeria?
Because I can't believe what I just read.. Hehe!! There must be something fishy or Maybe there is something wrong with that guy.
A Nigerian politician rejecting Victory? Strange, I must say.
Will PDP ever recover frm all this.
Re: PDP Candidate Rejects Offa Rerun Victory Against Kwasiec's Announcement by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 04, 2013
Good to know that we have Sincere 9gerians in PDP. If only we had one in ACN in 2011 when Tinubu and Fashola shamelessly rigged the Lagos local council poll, he or she would have rejected the result too

14 Likes

Re: PDP Candidate Rejects Offa Rerun Victory Against Kwasiec's Announcement by mekaboy(m): 4:01pm On Sep 04, 2013
An APC member contesting under PDP, Rigged the election, won and rejected the result to disgrace PDP and win cheap political points for his main party APC.

All this things going on jst to ensure that power returns to the north in 2015. At the end of the day, the north might end up having 2 presidential candidates, Atiku and whoever APC chooses, but I see a lot of plans backfire before 2015.

7 Likes

Re: PDP Candidate Rejects Offa Rerun Victory Against Kwasiec's Announcement by egift(m): 4:20pm On Sep 04, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Good to know that we have Sincere 9gerians in PDP. If only we had one in ACN in 2011 when Tinubu and Fashola shamelessly rigged the Lagos local council poll, he or she would have rejected the result too

Where you not the same person claiming APC were making noise online while PDP was winning.

After supporting rigging, forgery and stealing of the peoples mandate - you shamelessly come here to claim he is your name-sake.

Nnaaa you be snake?

39 Likes

Re: PDP Candidate Rejects Offa Rerun Victory Against Kwasiec's Announcement by shaqhead: 4:36pm On Sep 04, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Good to know that we have Sincere 9gerians in PDP. If only we had one in ACN in 2011 when Tinubu and Fashola shamelessly rigged the Lagos local council poll, he or she would have rejected the result too
Hmmm...(In)SINcere nijerian...y ds obsession wt Fash and Tinubu wt olmost ol of ur posts?...#jst askin# Isnt it enof dt somone among ur fold has som conscience left and is comin clean 4 wat ur party rily is? A fraud!!

9 Likes

Re: PDP Candidate Rejects Offa Rerun Victory Against Kwasiec's Announcement by sunkoye: 4:58pm On Sep 04, 2013
Shame on Kwara State Independent Electoral Commission(KWASIEC) angry

1 Like

Re: PDP Candidate Rejects Offa Rerun Victory Against Kwasiec's Announcement by muskaila114um(m): 5:19pm On Sep 04, 2013
the story is true, am in offa right now. He made the statement at ARAB SUIT HOTEL where the APC are having there media briefing to the people. Offa is known for equity and justice whice the guy as just demostrated to the whole world not minding the political gain and d danger it impose on him

5 Likes

Re: PDP Candidate Rejects Offa Rerun Victory Against Kwasiec's Announcement by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 04, 2013
If i call you a hypocrite, you'll tell me i don't know the meaning of being a hypocrite, but you just displayed it right now! See your life? cry

11 Likes

Re: PDP Candidate Rejects Offa Rerun Victory Against Kwasiec's Announcement by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 04, 2013
muskaila114um: the story is true, am in offa right now. He made the statement at ARAB SUIT HOTEL where the APC are having there media briefing to the people. Offa is known for equity and justice whice the guy as just demostrated to the whole world not minding the political gain and d danger it impose on him
This has shown that those who rig their way into victory will be brought to shame! Shame to PDP!!!

1 Like

Re: PDP Candidate Rejects Offa Rerun Victory Against Kwasiec's Announcement by makizee(m): 5:46pm On Sep 04, 2013
This is serious...well, we heard from sources on the ground during the elections proper that APC was sweeping at the pools only for the Final result to return PDP as winners...i think this guys should be pushed to National Consciousness. There is still HOPE for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: PDP Candidate Rejects Offa Rerun Victory Against Kwasiec's Announcement by yomexp(m): 5:53pm On Sep 04, 2013

it's like you have been preprogrammed to always mention fashola and tinubu in all your post. guy you are too dull

5 Likes

Re: PDP Candidate Rejects Offa Rerun Victory Against Kwasiec's Announcement by mrking3(m): 5:54pm On Sep 04, 2013
I'm astounded!!!
Re: PDP Candidate Rejects Offa Rerun Victory Against Kwasiec's Announcement by ALTRUTH(m): 6:01pm On Sep 04, 2013
It's all a charade, d guy was bought over by d desprate APC to dent PDP's image.

1 Like

Re: PDP Candidate Rejects Offa Rerun Victory Against Kwasiec's Announcement by wellmax(m): 6:02pm On Sep 04, 2013
Please which country is that, because I'm sure this won't happen in Nigeria.
Re: PDP Candidate Rejects Offa Rerun Victory Against Kwasiec's Announcement by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 04, 2013
This guy just confirmed what all of us know >> APC won.

Happy to discover some of Nigeria's few honest men are in politics.
Re: PDP Candidate Rejects Offa Rerun Victory Against Kwasiec's Announcement by ichidodo: 6:08pm On Sep 04, 2013
Suffice to say he now has a bargaining chip.
Re: PDP Candidate Rejects Offa Rerun Victory Against Kwasiec's Announcement by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 04, 2013
solapex: PDP candidate rejects Offa rerun victory against KWASIEC's announcement
2013-09-04 12:57:41
A councilorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in Shawo South West ward in Offa Local Government of Kwara State, Mr. Afolabi Olawole has rejected victory at the election. He was declared winner of the ward election by the Kwara State Independent Electoral Commission(KWASIEC) in  Saturday’s rerun election. He stated that he did not win in the election. According to him, the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Mr. Adefioye Kayode won the election.

He spoke during APC’s media briefing in Offa on Wednesday. He stated that he rejected his announced victory based on his religious belief of not cheating. He added that his stand was also to ensure that his community did not witness violence and retrogression. He stated that he was not influenced by anybody. Also one of the presiding officers, Oyetunji Akin  said the APC won in  the councillorship and chairmanship elections in Shaw Central ward where he presided.

KWASIEC had announced that PDP won the ward. According to him, APC polled 1,213 to defeat PDP he said had 568.

http://mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/news/pdp-candidate-rejects-offa-rerun-victory-against-kwasiecs-announcement/

Kayode was my mate in secondary school. shocked

I knew PDP can never win Offa.

1 Like

Re: PDP Candidate Rejects Offa Rerun Victory Against Kwasiec's Announcement by baslone: 6:09pm On Sep 04, 2013
mekaboy: An APC member contesting under PDP, Rigged the election, won and rejected the result to disgrace PDP and win cheap political points for his main party APC.

All this things going on jst to ensure that power returns to the north in 2015. At the end of the day, the north might end up having 2 presidential candidates, Atiku and whoever APC chooses, but I see a lot of plans backfire before 2015.

This is dumbest stuff I have heard in 3weeks!

28 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Obiano, Catholic Church Want To Take Our Land - Anglicans / 2019 Elections: Meet Ahmed Buhari,the SNP Presidential Candidate! / 2023: Don’t Allow Atiku Waste Your Ticket, Group Cautions PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.