Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

How Will The World End? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Will The World End? (4726 Views)

Would The World End This September ? / Why Should The World End? / Jehovahs Witnesses Predict World End At 2014? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Will The World End? by Mynd44: 4:06pm On Sep 04, 2013
It is somehow easy to predict how other objects(Planets, asteroids stars satellites) in the Multiverse (Okay I will use Universe cos it is more understandable) behaves by looking at other object that are similar right. That's one of the proofs that the earth is round and not flat cos the earth was compared with other planets which ae spherical.

Now if you study the stars, you will notice that all stars are basically the same and from the life of the stars that has been studied, it is obvious that no star will be insistence forever as at some point, they will lose the fuel they need for combustion and they will decompose.

A star has three stages: The early stage, youth and old. When it gets old, it burns out its fuel and becomes either of the three: A Dwarf, A supanova or a Black hole. Depending on the size of course. The smallest stars become become supanovas and then dwarfs and the huge ones, well they become the infamous blackholes.

Our sun is not large enough to become a blackhole thank God (whichever one you serve) but at some point in it's live, it will run out of fuel(don't wanna bore you with the details of that) and it will explode as a supanova before settling down to become a dwarf (might be white, red or whatever). The worrying part of this is that the exploding of the sun when it goes supanova is actually going to destroy the earth. If you study other stars of the same size as our star (the sun), you will see it there.

Now my question is that there is every evidence that the earth is going to be destroyed either an asteroid finally hits us (won't destroy it but oh well) or the sun grows old and "die" so that which gives us life here will still take it. How does this fit into the book of Revelations in the Bible? The Bible talks of a lot of things at end time and wars and natural disasters but how does the bible explain this cataclysmic event that is surely coming in the far away future?

1 Like

Re: How Will The World End? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:14pm On Sep 04, 2013
Can we have a break from 'end time' things?

2 Likes

Re: How Will The World End? by Mynd44: 4:16pm On Sep 04, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Can we have a break from 'end time' things?
What end time? I am taking about linking science to the Bible here. I don't care about end time, I have got my "end time" covered already. Now please some cray argument are about to start here. No joking around
Re: How Will The World End? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 04, 2013
the world is not ending. what we will have is an end of the ages. meaning end of mans rulership based on his own vain concocted doctrines laws statutes philosophies and commandments. however the earth remains forever . ecclesiastes 1 vs 4 One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.

1 Like

Re: How Will The World End? by 247notire(m): 4:23pm On Sep 04, 2013
Wel we cant rily knw.we can only watch and see.4 those who'll be alive then sha.and OP r u a physicist?
Re: How Will The World End? by Mynd44: 4:28pm On Sep 04, 2013
obadiah777: the world is not ending. what we will have is an end of the ages. meaning end of mans rulership based on his own vain concocted doctrines laws statutes philosophies and commandments. however the earth remains forever . ecclesiastes 1 vs 4 One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.
Oh.....

You seem to be missing the point here my honorable mod, the earth is going to be destroyed. We can deny it all we want but that's the truth.

It was/is not "created" to last forever

1 Like

Re: How Will The World End? by UjSizzle(f): 4:28pm On Sep 04, 2013
Fire and brimstone will rain down from heaven when Sozin's comet comes. It'll burn down everything; then God will breathe life again into the ashes, and just like the Phoenix those who walked in His light will rise again and live eternally grin
Re: How Will The World End? by Mynd44: 4:29pm On Sep 04, 2013
247notire: Wel we cant rily knw.we can only watch and see.4 those who'll be alive then sha.and OP r u a physicist?
Nice question. Lets leave that for another day. Help answer the question first grin
Re: How Will The World End? by Mynd44: 4:30pm On Sep 04, 2013
uj_sizzle: Fire and brimstone will rain down from heaven when Sozin's comet comes. It'll burn down everything; then God will breathe life again into the ashes, and just like the Phoenix those who walked in His light will rise again and live eternally grin
You might wanna drop some quotes there.

The Phoenix is a mythical bird. Lets stick to things that actually exist
Re: How Will The World End? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 04, 2013
End time is near
Re: How Will The World End? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 04, 2013
Mynd_44:
Oh.....

You seem to be missing the point here my honorable mod, the earth is going to be destroyed. We can deny it all we want but that's the truth.

It was/is not "created" to last forever
well you hold on to that belief that the earth would be destroyed. if you are going by the bibles 'earth would be destroyed', i need to tell you the word 'earth' is a dichotomy. it has 2 meanings
Re: How Will The World End? by Mynd44: 4:47pm On Sep 04, 2013
obadiah777: well you hold on to that belief that the earth would be destroyed. if you are going by the bibles 'earth would be destroyed', i need to tell you the word 'earth' is a dichotomy. it has 2 meanings
They include..........
Re: How Will The World End? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 04, 2013
Mynd_44:
They include..........
this is biblical description and definition of heaven and earth. there are rulers and there are the ruled. the rulers are heaven and the ruled is earth. now when the seventh trumpet sounds ? there would be a seperation of people into those who made it into the kingdom of heaven and those who didnt. those who made it would be heaven while those who didnt make it will be the earth. the earth, those who didnt make it, will be destroyed in the lake of fire ( nukes )

1 Like

Re: How Will The World End? by tobechi20(m): 5:01pm On Sep 04, 2013
Signs of end time

plz dont ban me ooo .my post is related to the question.. All na end
Re: How Will The World End? by Mynd44: 5:09pm On Sep 04, 2013
We will discuss your theory on nuclear holocaust later (what a thread that would begrin) but based on the lifespan of the sun, we can put a cap on how long the earth will be in existence.

My question is this: is there any reference to the earth exploding(or being destroyed) in the Bible?
Re: How Will The World End? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 04, 2013
Mynd_44: We will discuss your theory on nuclear holocaust later (what a thread that would begrin) but based on the lifespan of the sun, we can put a cap on how long the earth will be in existence.

My question is this: is there any reference to the earth exploding(or being destroyed) in the Bible?
isaiah 24 vs 20 The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.

1 Like

Re: How Will The World End? by princesa(f): 5:14pm On Sep 04, 2013
you guyz are scaring me up already embarassed

End time thingssad
Re: How Will The World End? by Mynd44: 5:16pm On Sep 04, 2013
obadiah777: isaiah 24 vs 20 The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.
Is it logical to say that "Earth" in this passage refers to the "wicked" world which will be swept off? You seem to think it is the earth as a planet but you forget that the idea of planets was not in existence then.
Re: How Will The World End? by Mynd44: 5:17pm On Sep 04, 2013
princesa: you guyz are scaring me up already embarassed

End time thingssad
The end time this thread refers to is millions of years away. Don't worry, you will be dead and gone before the sun explodes
Re: How Will The World End? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 04, 2013
Mynd_44:
Is it logical to say that "Earth" in this passage refers to the "wicked" world which will be swept off? You seem to think it is the earth as a planet but you forget that the idea of planets was not in existence then.

i already told you what earth is chief. when that prophesy in that verse kicks in, 'earth' would be those who did not make it to the kingdom of heaven. earth is people not structures

1 Like

Re: How Will The World End? by homesteady(m): 5:21pm On Sep 04, 2013
There are many ways the world will end - you can believe anyone listed below
1)Aliens will come and eat us
2)The sun will swallow the earth
3)Gravitational force will disappear, so all of us will start flying! Then we'll fly to Mars where we'll melt and die!
4)Stars will be falling on earth like bomb!
5)Saturn will come near earth! Then we'll freeze to death
6)All the rivers will just break their banks and drown everybody! This time around, there is no Noah!
And many other ways! cool
Re: How Will The World End? by Mynd44: 5:22pm On Sep 04, 2013
obadiah777: i already told you what earth is chief. when that prophesy in that verse kicks in, 'earth' would be those who did not make it to the kingdom of heaven. earth is people not structures
So in other words, the Bible is silent on the impending destruction of the earth (structure) so if armmagedon does not come before the sun explodes, there will be no armmagedon.
Re: How Will The World End? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 04, 2013
Mynd_44:
So in other words, the Bible is silent on the impending destruction of the earth (structure) so if armmagedon does not come before the sun explodes, there will be no armmagedon.
the sun exploding ? where did you get that from ? lol

1 Like

Re: How Will The World End? by Mynd44: 5:33pm On Sep 04, 2013
homesteady: There are many ways the world will end - you can believe anyone listed below
1)Aliens will come and eat us
Stop watching Stephen Spilberg's moviesgringrin

2)The sun will swallow the earth
This thread is about that already

3)Gravitational force will disappear, so all of us will start flying! Then we'll fly to Mars where we'll melt and die!

Highly improbable. Every large mass in the universe has gravity so earth losing it's gravity is not likely to happen and even if earth loses its gravity, the ozone layer will disappear and we will all burn to death from the sun's heat. Not going into space bro

4)Stars will be falling on earth like bomb!
Stars cannot fall on the earth. It is impossible since stars are actually thousands of times larger than the earth
5)Saturn will come near earth! Then we'll freeze to death
For Saturn to come near the earth, it will have to break its own orbit which it is held in by the sun. Such thing can only occur if a large object knocks it out (newton's first law) and even if that happens we won't freeze, just a collision and the chances of that happens is just unquantifiable

6)All the rivers will just break their banks and drown everybody! This time around, there is no Noah!

Actually this is possible. They is a theory for it, I think crust displacement theory or something where the orbit of the earth suddenly changes and the continents moves which will place the polar caps near where the equator is right now.

Actually if you break off about half of the ice drifting in Antarctica from the main shelf, it is happen but it is too abstract. Even nukes can't do that
Re: How Will The World End? by Mynd44: 5:35pm On Sep 04, 2013
obadiah777: the sun exploding ? where did you get that from ? lol
The sun is a star bro. All stars run out of fuel eventually and something happens to them. They wither decompose into blackholes or they go supanova(explode). Our star(the sun) is typical of the type of star that explodes.

Read my initial post again.

1 Like

Re: How Will The World End? by MostHigh: 6:00pm On Sep 04, 2013
obadiah777: the sun exploding ? where did you get that from ? lol

From lord nibiru Sire cheesy

Through him prophets in Hollywood

Folly, Anunaki and tins that is smiley

1 Like

Re: How Will The World End? by Mynd44: 6:04pm On Sep 04, 2013
MostHigh:

From lord nibiru Sire cheesy

Through him prophets in Hollywood

Folly, Anunaki and tins that is smiley
Nibiru is a creation of a novelist not Hollywood,

the sun's explosion is relative to other stars in the universe. Even the ones in our galax(milky way)
Re: How Will The World End? by princesa(f): 6:31pm On Sep 04, 2013
Science and scientist just compound things with their theories, predictions and whatsnot...sad

Am just a poor nigerian blonde, so amma just stick to romance, poems, flowers and chocolate cakes grin

#exits thread#

and have fun guyswink

1 Like

Re: How Will The World End? by UjSizzle(f): 6:37pm On Sep 04, 2013
Mynd_44:
You might wanna drop some quotes there.

The Phoenix is a mythical bird. Lets stick to things that actually exist
Some think God is a myth....
Re: How Will The World End? by Mynd44: 6:40pm On Sep 04, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Some think God is a myth....
Do you? You say God is not a myth cos deep down somewhere, you can prove it.

Can you prove the existence of a phoenix?
Re: How Will The World End? by stevecantrell: 8:32pm On Sep 04, 2013
It will end with the 'peacemakers'...

Shimon Perez - Nobel peace prize 1994

Barrack Obama - 2009

European Union (NATO) - 2012

Re: How Will The World End? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 04, 2013
religions will end the world with nuclear bombs and horrible chemical weapons. earth has been in existence for over 14 billion years and I don't see it exploding or gets swallowed by the sun in another billion year. what we have are just predictions by scientists.
only humans can end the world. my 50kobo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sabbath Holy-day. A day of selfless services & doing what pleases GOD / Top Ten Deadliest Cults / HERMAPHRODITES: The Creator's Imperfection???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.