Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Tyler Perry Lays Hands On Bishop T.D. Jakes, Donates $1 Million To Youth Center - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tyler Perry Lays Hands On Bishop T.D. Jakes, Donates $1 Million To Youth Center (3345 Views)

Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo / Download & Listen to Inspirational Sermons By Bishop T D Jakes!!!! mp3 format / Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tyler Perry Lays Hands On Bishop T.D. Jakes, Donates $1 Million To Youth Center by infonubia(m): 4:45pm On Sep 04, 2013
This past weekend, Bishop T.D. Jakes hosted the MegaFest inspirational event in Dallas, Texas and stars like Oprah Winfrey, Steve Harvey, and Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds were in attendance.

One of the highlights of the events was Tyler Perry, who attended Sunday morning service at the Potter's House church. During the service Perry was given the mic to announce a $1 million donation towards developing the church's youth center. Towards the end of a rousing speech, Tyler Perry placed his hands on the Bishop's head and blessed him.

“I love to give,” he said to those in attendance. “I've been a giver all my life. And when people have given to you, and sewn into you. And God has touched them and given you favor… See, they don’t understand it where I come from. They don’t understand it in Hollywood, but I’m going to tell you something about the blood of Jesus.”

Watch Tyler Perry's inspirational message below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvWhw7hEdX8

Some people think it was inappropriate for Tyler Perry to have laid hands on the Bishop. From his reaction, I don't think Bishop Jakes was offended.

What do you think? Generally speaking, is it okay for a younger minister to lay hands on a "Senior" minister? Leave your comments below

http://www.infonubia.com/2013/09/tyler-perry-lays-hands-on-bishop-td.html

1 Like

Re: Tyler Perry Lays Hands On Bishop T.D. Jakes, Donates $1 Million To Youth Center by Enoquin(f): 4:58pm On Sep 04, 2013
shocked Is that truly the Bishop cause I cannot see it properly through my phone?
Let me understand this properly by using an example...so for instance after donating a 160million naira, sammie okposo can lay hands on Chris Oyakhilome or Bishop David Oyedepo?
Strange things and strange times indeed...perhaps there is an explanation but I cannot account for the chill I got when I saw that picture.
God help his flock.

2 Likes

Re: Tyler Perry Lays Hands On Bishop T.D. Jakes, Donates $1 Million To Youth Center by infonubia(m): 5:07pm On Sep 04, 2013
Enoquin: shocked Is that truly the Bishop cause I cannot see it properly through my phone?
Let me understand this properly by using an example...so for instance after donating a 160million naira, sammie okposo can lay hands on Chris Oyakhilome or Bishop David Oyedepo?
Strange things and strange times indeed...perhaps there is an explanation but I cannot account for the chill I got when I saw that picture.
God help his flock.
Yes it's Bishop but I don't think the donation has anything to do with the laying of hands. Well, some could argue that Tyler might not be given the mic if he wasn't donating.
Re: Tyler Perry Lays Hands On Bishop T.D. Jakes, Donates $1 Million To Youth Center by HumbledbYGrace(f): 5:13pm On Sep 04, 2013
So what happen to us who cannot watch the video? The photo is confusing
Re: Tyler Perry Lays Hands On Bishop T.D. Jakes, Donates $1 Million To Youth Center by nora544: 5:20pm On Sep 04, 2013
When you earn 130 Million USD than it is very easy to give 1 Million USd out, he earns this 130 Million USD in two years because this rich people in america didnot pay much tax, they pay less tax than people in the middle class.

He cannot take this big money into his grave so no big deal
Re: Tyler Perry Lays Hands On Bishop T.D. Jakes, Donates $1 Million To Youth Center by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 04, 2013
I don't understand anything oo is tyla perry a pastor?? since when?
Re: Tyler Perry Lays Hands On Bishop T.D. Jakes, Donates $1 Million To Youth Center by infonubia(m): 5:27pm On Sep 04, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: So what happen to us who cannot watch the video? The photo is confusing
I included the photo so folks who can't watch the video could at least see the picture. Do you suggest I remove it?
Re: Tyler Perry Lays Hands On Bishop T.D. Jakes, Donates $1 Million To Youth Center by tempex88(m): 5:27pm On Sep 04, 2013
Oprah has her religion where she is the god that is worshipped 'O' religion. correct me if am wrong. what is she doing with this men?
Re: Tyler Perry Lays Hands On Bishop T.D. Jakes, Donates $1 Million To Youth Center by tobechi20(m): 5:42pm On Sep 04, 2013
A proffessor can learn from a student. No one knows it all

a bishop can tap annoitin from a small boy

no one has all the annoiting
Re: Tyler Perry Lays Hands On Bishop T.D. Jakes, Donates $1 Million To Youth Center by infonubia(m): 6:18pm On Sep 04, 2013
tempex88: Oprah has her religion where she is the god that is worshipped 'O' religion. correct me if am wrong. what is she doing with this men?
I don't know how true that is.
Re: Tyler Perry Lays Hands On Bishop T.D. Jakes, Donates $1 Million To Youth Center by magkhan(f): 9:34pm On Sep 04, 2013
Never knew Tyler Perry is a pastor...
he uses God to make viewers laugh their heads off in his madea series....e.g oh god of shederach meshak and Billygoat
@topic...i guess humility should be our watch word...
Jesus demonstrated that by going to John the Baptist for baptism although John acknowledged that he wasn't worthy but did it anyway
Re: Tyler Perry Lays Hands On Bishop T.D. Jakes, Donates $1 Million To Youth Center by Enoquin(f): 12:59pm On Sep 05, 2013
infonubia:
Yes it's Bishop but I don't think the donation has anything to do with the laying of hands. Well, some could argue that Tyler might not be given the mic if he wasn't donating.

I admire Tyler Perry but his works don't exude christian values...that's why I got confused with the hand laying. Those arguing the latter might be correct though; t's all good though...
Re: Tyler Perry Lays Hands On Bishop T.D. Jakes, Donates $1 Million To Youth Center by CarCam: 4:37pm On Sep 05, 2013
Enoquin:

shocked Is that truly the Bishop cause I cannot see it properly through my phone?

Let me understand this properly by using an example...

so for instance after donating a 160million naira, sammie okposo can lay hands on Chris Oyakhilome or Bishop David Oyedepo?

Strange things and strange times indeed ... perhaps there is an explanation but I cannot account for the chill I got when I watched the video saw that picture.

God help his flock

@Enoquin

The smell of money can befuddle

A man called up a bible believing church and the church secretary answered the call.
The man on the other end of the line said, "I’d like to speak to the head hog."
The secretary replied, "That wasn’t a very nice thing to say about our beloved minister, Rev. Jones."
Again the man replied, "I’d like to speak to the head hog, because I’m going to donate £75,000.00 to the church.
She replied, "Hold on a moment, I think the big fat pig just walked in."

Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts

But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents

Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, "Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others.

They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything--all she had to live on."
- Mark 12:41-44

2 Likes

Re: Tyler Perry Lays Hands On Bishop T.D. Jakes, Donates $1 Million To Youth Center by nora544: 4:46pm On Sep 05, 2013
CarCam:

@Enoquin

A man called up a bible believing church and the church secretary answered the call.
The secretary replied, "That wasn’t a very nice thing to say about our beloved minister, Rev. Jones."
Again the man replied, "I’d like to speak to the head hog, because I’m going to donate £75,000.00 to the church.

Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts

But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents

Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, "Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others.
- Mark 12:4143

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tyler Perry Lays Hands On Bishop T.D. Jakes, Donates $1 Million To Youth Center by lollarj(f): 4:46pm On Sep 05, 2013
Enoquin:

I admire Tyler Perry but his works don't exude christian values...that's why I got confused with the hand laying. Those arguing the latter might be correct though; t's all good though...

I hate 2 say it but
END TIME TINZ

1 Like

Re: Tyler Perry Lays Hands On Bishop T.D. Jakes, Donates $1 Million To Youth Center by infonubia(m): 4:48pm On Sep 05, 2013
CarCam:

@Enoquin

wow...that's hilarious grin grin grin grin
Re: Tyler Perry Lays Hands On Bishop T.D. Jakes, Donates $1 Million To Youth Center by nora544: 4:51pm On Sep 05, 2013
CarCam:

@Enoquin

- Mark 12:4143

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tyler Perry Lays Hands On Bishop T.D. Jakes, Donates $1 Million To Youth Center by tpia5: 4:52pm On Sep 05, 2013
clearly a movie scene?

besides, that might be a look alike, anyway, its not my business sha, e nor concern me.
Re: Tyler Perry Lays Hands On Bishop T.D. Jakes, Donates $1 Million To Youth Center by tpia5: 4:54pm On Sep 05, 2013
tobechi20: A proffessor can learn from a student. No one knows it all

a bishop can tap annoitin from a small boy

no one has all the annoiting

what are you saying?
Re: Tyler Perry Lays Hands On Bishop T.D. Jakes, Donates $1 Million To Youth Center by infonubia(m): 5:52pm On Sep 05, 2013
tpia@:
clearly a movie scene?

besides, that might be a look alike, anyway, its not my business sha, e nor concern me.
It's not a movie. See Bishop Jake's tweet below:

Re: Tyler Perry Lays Hands On Bishop T.D. Jakes, Donates $1 Million To Youth Center by CarCam: 6:33pm On Sep 05, 2013
infonubia:

@infonubia

Reeks of charade . . .

Maybe, better, will be, explaining why those donating widows' mite don't get similar privileges or the same platform

# End times things wink grin
Re: Tyler Perry Lays Hands On Bishop T.D. Jakes, Donates $1 Million To Youth Center by tpia5: 9:35pm On Sep 05, 2013
infonubia:

I think its a movie.

There's a show called preachers of LA which is currently airing, this might be one of the scenes.

$ 1 million is not that big a deal to someone like Bishop Jakes- check that church very well, $1 million is chicken change in a place like that.
Re: Tyler Perry Lays Hands On Bishop T.D. Jakes, Donates $1 Million To Youth Center by infonubia(m): 9:41pm On Sep 05, 2013
tpia@:

I think its a movie.

There's a show called preachers of LA which is currently airing, this might be one of the scenes.

$ 1 million is not that big a deal to someone like Bishop Jakes- check that church very well, $1 million is chicken change in a place like that.
I guess we'd have wait and see if a movie with this scene is released.
Re: Tyler Perry Lays Hands On Bishop T.D. Jakes, Donates $1 Million To Youth Center by Enoquin(f): 9:23am On Sep 08, 2013
CarCam:

@Enoquin

They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything--all she had to live on."
- Mark 12:41-44

cheesy Now, this is very funny
Re: Tyler Perry Lays Hands On Bishop T.D. Jakes, Donates $1 Million To Youth Center by mollie12: 8:59pm On Sep 08, 2013
The definition of confusion.

Tyler Perry makes films in which prayer and God are made a mockery of, films in which people resolve their issues by drama and not prayer or similarly godly means, and scenes are too sexy to have a regular G rating.

And then he's laying hands (dunno if you guys understand how serious this is: the Apostle Paul warns Timothy to not rush into laying hands on people - and I'm sure the warning also goes the other way because of the reason the Apostle gave) on a ... for want of better word, a preacher?

Guys, u know that's like D'banj going to lay hands on Pastor Adeboye.

This is just the height of confusion.
Re: Tyler Perry Lays Hands On Bishop T.D. Jakes, Donates $1 Million To Youth Center by infonubia(m): 11:51pm On Sep 08, 2013
^^^^

Your analogy.....
Re: Tyler Perry Lays Hands On Bishop T.D. Jakes, Donates $1 Million To Youth Center by okpurukata(f): 7:09pm On Sep 09, 2013
What money can do. Na waoooo. So even Jakes can fall under the anointing of Dollars too. Tyler whose films are sexy and has no godly bearing. Am dumb founded

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Born Again Christian Don't Wear Trouser / Bishop Wale Oke: So Far So Thankful / A Reasonable Quote Atheist Should Think About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.