Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

The Preservation Of the Scripture - Pastor W.F. Kumuyi - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Preservation Of the Scripture - Pastor W.F. Kumuyi (1377 Views)

Pastor W.f Kumuyi In Tivs Attire. / 2014 Prophecy By W.f. Kumuyi Of Deeper Life / Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Preservation Of the Scripture - Pastor W.F. Kumuyi by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:46pm On Sep 04, 2013
Re: The Preservation Of the Scripture - Pastor W.F. Kumuyi by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 04, 2013
Re: The Preservation Of the Scripture - Pastor W.F. Kumuyi by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:55pm On Sep 04, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph7sflTHH2s

THE PRESERVATION OF THE SCRIPTURE
Matthew 5:17,18

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one title shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled." What is referred to as "the law or the prophets" in verse 17 is called "the law" in verse 18. When "the law" is used in this way, it is referring to the entire Old Testament. Compare Matthew 23:23 with Proverbs 21:2,3; Hosea 6:6; 2 Chronicles 20:20; Isaiah 43:10-12; John 10:34,35 with Psalm 82:6; John 12:34 with Psalms 89:36; 110:4; John 15:25 with Psalm 35:19; 1 Corinthians 7:39 with Malachi 2:14-16; 1 Corinthians 14:21 with Isaiah 28:11,12. These passages of Scripture reveal that the entire Old Testament is referred to as "the law." Our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, said, "Think not that I am come to destroy the law" - the inspired Scripture, the Old Testament.

"The Scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat" (Matthew 23:2). They misinterpreted God’s Word and still projected themselves as the true teachers and interpreters of God’s Word. Our Lord opposed them and criticised their erroneous teaching. They then accused Him of coming to destroy the law - "the law and the prophets" because He would not support their false religious system. Jesus came to destroy all the false interpretations of the Old Testament but He did not come to destroy the Old Testament; He came to fulfill it.
Re: The Preservation Of the Scripture - Pastor W.F. Kumuyi by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:00pm On Sep 04, 2013
ifeness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86d5mOCBX9I

The scripture is a lie

For your information, another word for the Scripture is the Bible and the Bible is Blessed Information Bringing Life. Read it to be wise, believe it to be saved and practise it to be holy.
Re: The Preservation Of the Scripture - Pastor W.F. Kumuyi by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 04, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

For your information, another word for the Scripture is the Bible and the Bible is Blessed Information Bringing Life. Read it to be wise, believe it to be saved and practise it to be holy.

Bible was written for slaves. Believe it and your are a slave
Re: The Preservation Of the Scripture - Pastor W.F. Kumuyi by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:36pm On Sep 05, 2013
ifeness:

Bible was written for slaves. Believe it and your are a slave

And you think that you are free, no?

2 Likes

Re: The Preservation Of the Scripture - Pastor W.F. Kumuyi by PastorOluT(m): 7:02pm On Sep 05, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

And you think that you are free, no?
lol, love ur reply, wait to hear what he will say?
Re: The Preservation Of the Scripture - Pastor W.F. Kumuyi by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:45am On Sep 06, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

I wonder why he is hesitant to respond. undecided
Re: The Preservation Of the Scripture - Pastor W.F. Kumuyi by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:55am On Sep 06, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Matthew 5:17,18

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one title shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled." What is referred to as "the law or the prophets" in verse 17 is called "the law" in verse 18. When "the law" is used in this way, it is referring to the entire Old Testament. Compare Matthew 23:23 with Proverbs 21:2,3; Hosea 6:6; 2 Chronicles 20:20; Isaiah 43:10-12; John 10:34,35 with Psalm 82:6; John 12:34 with Psalms 89:36; 110:4; John 15:25 with Psalm 35:19; 1 Corinthians 7:39 with Malachi 2:14-16; 1 Corinthians 14:21 with Isaiah 28:11,12. These passages of Scripture reveal that the entire Old Testament is referred to as "the law." Our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, said, "Think not that I am come to destroy the law" - the inspired Scripture, the Old Testament.

"The Scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat" (Matthew 23:2). They misinterpreted God’s Word and still projected themselves as the true teachers and interpreters of God’s Word. Our Lord opposed them and criticised their erroneous teaching. They then accused Him of coming to destroy the law - "the law and the prophets" because He would not support their false religious system. Jesus came to destroy all the false interpretations of the Old Testament but He did not come to destroy the Old Testament; He came to fulfill it.

1. CHRIST’S AUTHORITY AND THE SCRIPTURES
Matthew 5:18; 7:28,29; Ephesians 1:20-22; Philippians 2:5-11; Acts 3:22,23; Deuteronomy 18:18,19; John 5:21-27; Romans 14:10-12; 2 Corinthians 5:10,11; 1 Peter 3:21,22.

Christ taught and preached with absolute and final authority. This authority had been conferred on Him by God, the Father. He taught with the authority of a Judge, with the authority of a King. As a "Teacher come from God" His authority is far above that of any teacher, prophet or apostle. Christ's authority far exceeds the authority of all the true prophets of God, past, present and future. He is God’s final voice (Hebrews 1:1-4). Christ is greater than (1) the angels-Hebrews 1:4; (2) Moses-Hebrews 3:3-6; (3) the temple and the priests-Matthew 12:5-8; (4) Solomon-Matthew 12:42; (5) Jonah-Luke 11:32; (6) John the Baptist-Luke 3:16; (7) Abraham and the prophets-John 8:53-56. His authority is greater than that of angels and all men that ever lived. Yet, in His authority, He confirmed the infallibility and permanence of the Scripture. He saw nothing to correct, change, modify or amend. "For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one title shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."

...To be continued.

2 Likes

Re: The Preservation Of the Scripture - Pastor W.F. Kumuyi by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:43pm On Sep 06, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

1. CHRIST’S AUTHORITY AND THE SCRIPTURES
Matthew 5:18; 7:28,29; Ephesians 1:20-22; Philippians 2:5-11; Acts 3:22,23; Deuteronomy 18:18,19; John 5:21-27; Romans 14:10-12; 2 Corinthians 5:10,11; 1 Peter 3:21,22.

Christ taught and preached with absolute and final authority. This authority had been conferred on Him by God, the Father. He taught with the authority of a Judge, with the authority of a King. As a "Teacher come from God" His authority is far above that of any teacher, prophet or apostle. Christ's authority far exceeds the authority of all the true prophets of God, past, present and future. He is God’s final voice (Hebrews 1:1-4). Christ is greater than (1) the angels-Hebrews 1:4; (2) Moses-Hebrews 3:3-6; (3) the temple and the priests-Matthew 12:5-8; (4) Solomon-Matthew 12:42; (5) Jonah-Luke 11:32; (6) John the Baptist-Luke 3:16; (7) Abraham and the prophets-John 8:53-56. His authority is greater than that of angels and all men that ever lived. Yet, in His authority, He confirmed the infallibility and permanence of the Scripture. He saw nothing to correct, change, modify or amend. "For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one title shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."

...To be continued.

2. CHRIST’S AFFIRMATION OF THE SCRIPTURES
Matthew 5:18; Luke 16:17; 21:33; John 10:34,35; Luke 18:31-34; 21:22; 10:25-28; 22:37; Matthew 4:1-11.

It is clear to every sincere reader of the gospels that Christ affirmed the Old Testament as inspired by God-infallible, incorruptible, indispensable, imperishable, instructive, irreproachable and irrevocable. To Christ and to all true believers in Christ, the Scripture is the Word of God (Luke 4:4; Mark 7:6-13; Romans 9:6; 1 Peter 1:23-25; Isaiah 40:8 ). There is no doubt that Jesus believed every jot and every tittle of the Word of God.

When Jesus said, "Verily I say unto you ..." He was impressing on His hearers the absolute trustworthiness of Scripture in every minute detail. In these two verses (Matthew 5:17,18) our Lord, Jesus Christ, affirms and confirms the Old Testament. He puts His seal of authority, His stamp of approval upon the whole of the Old Testament canon. Jesus believed it all, not only certain parts of it. He declared it as the Word of God having a unique authority which nothing else has ever possessed nor can ever possess. Those who think they believe in Christ and yet reject the Old Testament are deceived. If we truly believe in Christ as Saviour and Lord, we cannot pretend to be wiser than Him. We ought to have the same attitude as He had to the entire Word of God. (To be Continued...)
Re: The Preservation Of the Scripture - Pastor W.F. Kumuyi by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:01pm On Sep 07, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

2. CHRIST’S AFFIRMATION OF THE SCRIPTURES
Matthew 5:18; Luke 16:17; 21:33; John 10:34,35; Luke 18:31-34; 21:22; 10:25-28; 22:37; Matthew 4:1-11.

It is clear to every sincere reader of the gospels that Christ affirmed the Old Testament as inspired by God-infallible, incorruptible, indispensable, imperishable, instructive, irreproachable and irrevocable. To Christ and to all true believers in Christ, the Scripture is the Word of God (Luke 4:4; Mark 7:6-13; Romans 9:6; 1 Peter 1:23-25; Isaiah 40:8 ). There is no doubt that Jesus believed every jot and every tittle of the Word of God.

When Jesus said, "Verily I say unto you ..." He was impressing on His hearers the absolute trustworthiness of Scripture in every minute detail. In these two verses (Matthew 5:17,18) our Lord, Jesus Christ, affirms and confirms the Old Testament. He puts His seal of authority, His stamp of approval upon the whole of the Old Testament canon. Jesus believed it all, not only certain parts of it. He declared it as the Word of God having a unique authority which nothing else has ever possessed nor can ever possess. Those who think they believe in Christ and yet reject the Old Testament are deceived. If we truly believe in Christ as Saviour and Lord, we cannot pretend to be wiser than Him. We ought to have the same attitude as He had to the entire Word of God. (To be Continued...)

3. CHRIST’S AUTHENTICATION OF THE SCRIPTURES
Matthew 5:18; Psalm 119:89,152,160; Isaiah 40:8; 1 Peter 1:24,25; Psalm 102:25-27; Isaiah 34:16; Daniel 10:21; Romans 15:4; Acts 17:11,12.

According to Christ, everything in the Old Testament is the Word of God. Not only that, it is all going to stand until it has all been fulfilled. Every jot and every title, everything has meaning. And the Lord gave the same authority to the New Testament.

"Heaven and earth shall pass away: but My words shall not pass away" (Luke 21:33).

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in My name, He shall TEACH YOU ALL THINGS and BRING ALL THINGS to your remembrance, WHATSOEVER I HAVE SAID UNTO YOU" (John 14:26).

"Howbeit when He, the SPIRIT OF TRUTH, is come, He will GUIDE YOU INTO ALL TRUTH ... and He will SHEW YOU THINGS TO COME" (John 16:13).

The Old Testament and the New Testament, the entire Word of God has final authority. The moment you begin to question the authority of the Old Testament or the New Testament, you are of necessity questioning the authority of Christ, our Saviour and Lord. To Him "the Scripture cannot be broken." It is God’s own Word that is going to be fulfilled to the minutest detail and which will last while heaven and earth are in existence.

1 Like

Re: The Preservation Of the Scripture - Pastor W.F. Kumuyi by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 07, 2013
Perfect.This is what so many fail to see,that Christ is the perfect law of liberty.If i read the OT I see the revelation of Christ likewise the NT.
Re: The Preservation Of the Scripture - Pastor W.F. Kumuyi by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:58pm On Sep 07, 2013
Bidam:

Perfect.This is what so many fail to see,that Christ is the perfect law of liberty.If i read the OT I see the revelation of Christ likewise the NT.

That is correct. As they rightly say: "Jesus is in the Old Testament concealed, and the New Testament revealed" but if we really study the OT we will see our Lord Jesus Christ revealed plainly.

1 Like

Re: The Preservation Of the Scripture - Pastor W.F. Kumuyi by Emusan(m): 9:05pm On Sep 07, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

That is correct. As they rightly say: "Jesus is in the Old Testament concealed, and the New Testament revealed" but if we really study the OT we will see our Lord Jesus Christ revealed plainly.

You're absolutely right infact I use to run away from reading "Song of Solomon" but by the time it was revealed to me the love of Christ inside it, I love reading it now. Jesus was truely concealed in the OT.

Shalom!
Re: The Preservation Of the Scripture - Pastor W.F. Kumuyi by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:14pm On Sep 07, 2013
Emusan:

You're absolutely right infact I use to run away from reading "Song of Solomon" but by the time it was revealed to me the love of Christ inside it, I love reading it now. Jesus was truely concealed in the OT.

Shalom!

Hi Emusan, Our Lord Jesus Christ who was in the OT concealed has now come out plainly to tell us how the Scripture is preserved by giving its proper interpretation. Only if our brethren who erroneously believe that the OT laws have been broken or no longer relevant, know this fact will they be free indeed.
Re: The Preservation Of the Scripture - Pastor W.F. Kumuyi by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 07, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Yes o. i read psalm and Isaiah and i was amazed to see the prophecy revealed in the NT.
Re: The Preservation Of the Scripture - Pastor W.F. Kumuyi by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:44pm On Sep 07, 2013
Bidam:

Yes o. i read psalm and Isaiah and i was amazed to see the prophecy revealed in the NT.

I was even flabbergasted when it dawned on me how our Lord Jesus Christ was precisely described in the Isaiah 53 and how this was fulfilled in the NT. The Scriptures indeed cannot be broken.
Re: The Preservation Of the Scripture - Pastor W.F. Kumuyi by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:30pm On Sep 08, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

3. CHRIST’S AUTHENTICATION OF THE SCRIPTURES
Matthew 5:18; Psalm 119:89,152,160; Isaiah 40:8; 1 Peter 1:24,25; Psalm 102:25-27; Isaiah 34:16; Daniel 10:21; Romans 15:4; Acts 17:11,12.

According to Christ, everything in the Old Testament is the Word of God. Not only that, it is all going to stand until it has all been fulfilled. Every jot and every title, everything has meaning. And the Lord gave the same authority to the New Testament.

"Heaven and earth shall pass away: but My words shall not pass away" (Luke 21:33).

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in My name, He shall TEACH YOU ALL THINGS and BRING ALL THINGS to your remembrance, WHATSOEVER I HAVE SAID UNTO YOU" (John 14:26).

"Howbeit when He, the SPIRIT OF TRUTH, is come, He will GUIDE YOU INTO ALL TRUTH ... and He will SHEW YOU THINGS TO COME" (John 16:13).

The Old Testament and the New Testament, the entire Word of God has final authority. The moment you begin to question the authority of the Old Testament or the New Testament, you are of necessity questioning the authority of Christ, our Saviour and Lord. To Him "the Scripture cannot be broken." It is God’s own Word that is going to be fulfilled to the minutest detail and which will last while heaven and earth are in existence.

Congregational Songs:

OPEN MY EYES, THAT I MAY SEE

1. Open my eyes, that I may see
Glimpses of truth Thou hast for me;
Place in my hands the wonderful key
That shall unclasp and set me free.
Silently now I wait for Thee,
Ready, my God, Thy will to see;
Open my eyes, illumine me,
Spirit Divine!

2. Open my ears, that I may hear
Voices of truth Thou sendest clear;
And while the wave-notes fall on my ear,
Ev’rything false will disappear.
Open my ears, illumine me,
Spirit Divine!

3. Open my mouth, and let me bear
Gladly the warm truth ev’rywhere;
Open my heart and let me prepare,
Love with Thy children thus to share.
Open my heart, illumine me,
Spirit Divine!

4. Open my mind, that I may read
More of Thy love in word and deed;
What shall I fear while yet Thou dost lead?
Only for light from Thee I plead.
Open my mind, illumine me,
Spirit Divine!

5. Open my way, that I may bring
Trophies of grace to Thee, my King;
Echoed in love Thy word shall out-ring,
Sweet as the note that angels sing.
Open my way, illumine me,
Spirit Divine!
Re: The Preservation Of the Scripture - Pastor W.F. Kumuyi by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:08am On Sep 13, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Congregational Songs:

OPEN MY EYES, THAT I MAY SEE

1. Open my eyes, that I may see
Glimpses of truth Thou hast for me;
Place in my hands the wonderful key
That shall unclasp and set me free.
Open my eyes, illumine me,
Spirit Divine!

2. Open my ears, that I may hear
Voices of truth Thou sendest clear;
And while the wave-notes fall on my ear,
Ev’rything false will disappear.
Open my ears, illumine me,
Spirit Divine!

3. Open my mouth, and let me bear
Gladly the warm truth ev’rywhere;
Open my heart and let me prepare,
Love with Thy children thus to share.
Open my heart, illumine me,
Spirit Divine!

4. Open my mind, that I may read
More of Thy love in word and deed;
What shall I fear while yet Thou dost lead?
Only for light from Thee I plead.
Open my mind, illumine me,
Spirit Divine!

5. Open my way, that I may bring
Trophies of grace to Thee, my King;
Echoed in love Thy word shall out-ring,
Sweet as the note that angels sing.
Open my way, illumine me,
Spirit Divine!

ONCE I THOUGHT I WALKED WITH JESUS

1. Once I thought I walked with Jesus,
Yet such changeful feelings had,
Sometimes trusting, sometimes doubting,
Sometimes joyful, sometimes sad.

O the peace my Saviour gives,
Peace I never knew before!
And my way has brighter grown
Since I learned to trust Him more.

2. But He called me closer to Him,
Bade my doubts and fears all cease,
And, when I had fully yeilded,
Filled my soul with perfect peace.

3. Now I’m trusting ev’ry moment,
Nothing less can be enough;
And my Saviour bears me gently
O’er the places once so rough.
Re: The Preservation Of the Scripture - Pastor W.F. Kumuyi by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:34am On Dec 24, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

ONCE I THOUGHT I WALKED WITH JESUS

1. Once I thought I walked with Jesus,
Yet such changeful feelings had,
Sometimes trusting, sometimes doubting,
Sometimes joyful, sometimes sad.

O the peace my Saviour gives,
Peace I never knew before!
And my way has brighter grown
Since I learned to trust Him more.

2. But He called me closer to Him,
Bade my doubts and fears all cease,
And, when I had fully yeilded,
Filled my soul with perfect peace.

3. Now I’m trusting ev’ry moment,
Nothing less can be enough;
And my Saviour bears me gently
O’er the places once so rough.

smiley
Re: The Preservation Of the Scripture - Pastor W.F. Kumuyi by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:46pm On Dec 28, 2016
PastorOluT:

Ifeness is yet to respond. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Preservation Of the Scripture - Pastor W.F. Kumuyi by akintom(m): 9:34pm On Dec 28, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

[b]"The Scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat"
(Matthew 23:2). They misinterpreted God’s Word and still projected themselves as the true teachers and interpreters of God’s Word. Our Lord opposed them and criticised their erroneous teaching. They then accused Him of coming to destroy the law - "the law and the prophets" because He would not support their false religious system. Jesus came to destroy all the false interpretations of the Old Testament but He did not come to destroy the Old Testament; He came to fulfill it.

How come you guys don't get this, that religious beliefs thrives on doctrinal circle (all movement, but no progress in the direction of the good of humanity).

Jesus developed a doctrinal philosophy that confronted the established and dominant doctrine of Judaism (a type of factional group).

Now, religious folks have continued to fractionalize the religious beliefs, along different mushrooming worship centers springing up everywhere.

Each new faction, claims new revelation (a synonym for doctrine).
Re: The Preservation Of the Scripture - Pastor W.F. Kumuyi by Sinkills: 9:35pm On Dec 28, 2016
"Forever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven!" - Psalms 119:89.
Re: The Preservation Of the Scripture - Pastor W.F. Kumuyi by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:47pm On Dec 29, 2016
akintom:

How come you guys don't get this, that religious beliefs thrives on doctrinal circle (all movement, but no progress in the direction of the good of humanity).

Jesus developed a doctrinal philosophy that confronted the established and dominant doctrine of Judaism (a type of factional group).

Now, religious folks have continued to fractionalize the religious beliefs, along different mushrooming worship centers springing up everywhere.

Each new faction, claims new revelation (a synonym for doctrine).

How does this relate with the OP? undecided
Re: The Preservation Of the Scripture - Pastor W.F. Kumuyi by akintom(m): 11:06pm On Dec 29, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

How does this relate with the OP? undecided

Just the doctrinal way pastor kumuyi has preserved the scripture, and you find it appealing.
Re: The Preservation Of the Scripture - Pastor W.F. Kumuyi by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:31pm On Dec 29, 2016
akintom:

Just the doctrinal way pastor kumuyi has preserved the scripture, and you find it appealing.

Your so called 'religious beliefs' has no bearing with the Preservation of Scripture. cool

(1) (Reply)

5 Ways Prosperity Gospel Is Killing Nigeria (africa) Do you agree? / My Church Members Want To Murder Me- Assemblies Of God Senior Pastor / Interview With Prof Paul Emeka On The Crisis In Ag-nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.