Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,383 members, 7,781,089 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:42 AM

I Left Ilorin Via Train Around 7 Am And Got To Lagos This Morning Around 5am - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Left Ilorin Via Train Around 7 Am And Got To Lagos This Morning Around 5am (6930 Views)

Omojuwa Called Jonathan A Disaster, And Got This Reply / DSS Arrests Fuel Black Market Sellers In Lagos This Morning (photos) / Heavy Gunfight At Bajoga Town In Gombe Since 5am (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Left Ilorin Via Train Around 7 Am And Got To Lagos This Morning Around 5am by bilms(m): 5:18pm On Sep 04, 2013
A friend of mine (Tunde Salau) who also choose to experience the adventure of the railway after reading my experience last year just informed me that, omo i left ilorin via train around 7 am yesterday and got to lagos this morning around 5am. men, i nearly die inside the train.

1 Like

Re: I Left Ilorin Via Train Around 7 Am And Got To Lagos This Morning Around 5am by Incrizz(f): 5:37pm On Sep 04, 2013
I want to laugh but I'm not sure it's a joke. 7am to 5am? Isn't that too long? Does that mean Ilorin to lag by road might be many many days journey?
Re: I Left Ilorin Via Train Around 7 Am And Got To Lagos This Morning Around 5am by JohnFrankling(m): 5:40pm On Sep 04, 2013
Hahaha,

1 Like

Re: I Left Ilorin Via Train Around 7 Am And Got To Lagos This Morning Around 5am by Nobody: 5:49pm On Sep 04, 2013
bilms: A friend of mine (Tunde Salau) who also choose to experience the adventure of the railway after reading my experience last year just informed me that, omo i left ilorin via train around 7 am yesterday and got to lagos this morning around 5am. men, i nearly die inside the train.
Senseless post, full of contradictions.

Are you the one that travelled by train or your friend? Why did it take so long because that duration is abnormal? What happened on the way? It is also unusual for trains to take off by 7am.

6 Likes

Re: I Left Ilorin Via Train Around 7 Am And Got To Lagos This Morning Around 5am by yunglykmine(m): 6:00pm On Sep 04, 2013
Omo, na long journey oooo. grin
Re: I Left Ilorin Via Train Around 7 Am And Got To Lagos This Morning Around 5am by fatgirl: 6:00pm On Sep 04, 2013
lol

1 Like

Re: I Left Ilorin Via Train Around 7 Am And Got To Lagos This Morning Around 5am by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 04, 2013
No self respecting individual will use the present rail system in Nigeria for journey...
Re: I Left Ilorin Via Train Around 7 Am And Got To Lagos This Morning Around 5am by carzola(m): 6:05pm On Sep 04, 2013
What point are u making @op? And why are people posting on this senceless rediculus poo!
Re: I Left Ilorin Via Train Around 7 Am And Got To Lagos This Morning Around 5am by agbameta: 6:06pm On Sep 04, 2013
bilms: A friend of mine (Tunde Salau) who also choose to experience the adventure of the railway after reading my experience last year just informed me that, omo i left ilorin via train around 7 am yesterday and got to lagos this morning around 5am. men, i nearly die inside the train.

Why? Not enough fresh air on board..? grin
Re: I Left Ilorin Via Train Around 7 Am And Got To Lagos This Morning Around 5am by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 04, 2013
This report is not only misleading but frivolous,malicious and senseless.

2 Likes

Re: I Left Ilorin Via Train Around 7 Am And Got To Lagos This Morning Around 5am by naptu2: 6:13pm On Sep 04, 2013
Re: I Left Ilorin Via Train Around 7 Am And Got To Lagos This Morning Around 5am by Agbgift(f): 6:13pm On Sep 04, 2013
Dike Chimezie: This report is not only misleading but frivolous,malicious and senseless.

GBAM!
Re: I Left Ilorin Via Train Around 7 Am And Got To Lagos This Morning Around 5am by kkkp: 6:19pm On Sep 04, 2013
Lmaoo

grin grin grin
Re: I Left Ilorin Via Train Around 7 Am And Got To Lagos This Morning Around 5am by dridowu: 6:25pm On Sep 04, 2013
22hrs journey , we will get there
Re: I Left Ilorin Via Train Around 7 Am And Got To Lagos This Morning Around 5am by Symphony007: 6:33pm On Sep 04, 2013
All nigerians should shut up and enjoy the fresh air...your government is building locomotives for you and you're not gratefull. I urge you to take the twice a week lagos to kano train, your kids will be adults before you reach your destination.
Re: I Left Ilorin Via Train Around 7 Am And Got To Lagos This Morning Around 5am by AkamuandStew: 6:35pm On Sep 04, 2013
@OP...

Why not give some details wrt what caused the delay?

Or is 22hrs the normal duration of the journey?

Insincere 9gerian is already foaming in the mouth we don't want him to have a convulsion....do we??

grin

1 Like

Re: I Left Ilorin Via Train Around 7 Am And Got To Lagos This Morning Around 5am by Confusionist(m): 6:37pm On Sep 04, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Senseless post, full of contradictions.

Are you the one that travelled by train or your friend? Why did it take so long because that duration is abnormal? What happened on the way? It is also unusual for trains to take off by 7am.
shut ur mouth because the duration is not abnormal!

From abeokuta, when my brother goes to ilorin, he usually goes by the 11:15am train and will get there by 9:45pm!

Form abeokuta to ibadan is 3 good hours when a car is less than 45munites!
So, what are u saying?

The only good thing being the low price which is N750 naira as against N2,500 for a car!

Now, why on earth will u imply the duration being abnormal?
Do u want to tell us that the locomotives that u and ur master, Jonathan spread on the rail are bullet trains or electric train that is capable of making the distance in less than 2hrs?

Wen u dogs and ur masters were celebrating the old re-painted trains, tell me u dnt knw wot u dropped on the rail lines!

U confused id!ot!!!

19 Likes

Re: I Left Ilorin Via Train Around 7 Am And Got To Lagos This Morning Around 5am by owobokiri(m): 6:39pm On Sep 04, 2013
hernia alert
Re: I Left Ilorin Via Train Around 7 Am And Got To Lagos This Morning Around 5am by bilms(m): 6:53pm On Sep 04, 2013
Don't tell me you forgot my article last year titled ''train ride on hell''..that was the account of my travel via the train last year. I spend 21hours on the train...From 11 am to 6am the next day.

This my friend also decided to take his own ride after reading many false news about the efficiency of the train and he got what he didn't bargained for.

Another hell of a train.

They moved 7.am and got to lagos by 5am the next monring.

That is 22hours.
Re: I Left Ilorin Via Train Around 7 Am And Got To Lagos This Morning Around 5am by bilms(m): 6:55pm On Sep 04, 2013
Re: I Left Ilorin Via Train Around 7 Am And Got To Lagos This Morning Around 5am by emiye(m): 7:37pm On Sep 04, 2013
I have said it before, those trains should be adapted for cargo transportation or animals.

It is wickedness to use those trains for human interstate travel.
Re: I Left Ilorin Via Train Around 7 Am And Got To Lagos This Morning Around 5am by FreeGlobe(f): 7:41pm On Sep 04, 2013
Lmao
Re: I Left Ilorin Via Train Around 7 Am And Got To Lagos This Morning Around 5am by awodman: 7:45pm On Sep 04, 2013
judging from the title of this your hogwash one was xpecting you whr the one that embarked on the journey only to read that your friend was the one...From that juncture any discerning observer will not take you serious...its very easy to sit behind your screen and concote any fiction and dump it on this forum...this same train journey you are trying so had to castigate is been patronized by individuals daily and they have not stopped coming..the same train ride in which Premium Times and other reputable media have blogged on and for a journey from Lagos-Kano didn't last up to what you are claiming for a far lesser KM...Finally its very unsual that a train will leave a station by 7am...

1 Like

Re: I Left Ilorin Via Train Around 7 Am And Got To Lagos This Morning Around 5am by alaoeri: 7:47pm On Sep 04, 2013
Fresh smell things lol.
Re: I Left Ilorin Via Train Around 7 Am And Got To Lagos This Morning Around 5am by baby124: 7:51pm On Sep 04, 2013
grin grin grin

Next time you will ride your bicycle.

1 Like

Re: I Left Ilorin Via Train Around 7 Am And Got To Lagos This Morning Around 5am by IGBOSON1: 7:55pm On Sep 04, 2013
Dike Chimezie: This report is not only misleading but frivolous,malicious and senseless.

^^^Didn't you get the memo!?....the gloves are well and truly off! It's all about 2015 tinzs. wink
Re: I Left Ilorin Via Train Around 7 Am And Got To Lagos This Morning Around 5am by emiye(m): 8:20pm On Sep 04, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1335980/premium-times-train-trip-kano

According to premium times reporter, he described his experience as hell .

…I have never been to hell but based on literatures, but if there is a train there, then that would be my coach. Folks using hand fans to blow themselves and their kids – furiously. Just two minutes there and I already started sweating. And then there was a shouting match between two women. At 2 a.m.? Chai!

grin grin grin

Oh. Did I add that I received another elbow? This time to my face and it sent my glasses flying to the floor. That was the last straw before I headed out again – to the bar.

I think there are barely clad kids watching and waving at the train. I can’t see clearly. My glasses are covered with dust.

If you’ve got a respiratory problem. AVOID Second Class. I repeat, if you’ve got a respiratory problem, avoid Second Class coaches. The screen of my Blackberry is so coated with dust I’ve had to continually wipe the screen to see what I’m typing.

1 Like

Re: I Left Ilorin Via Train Around 7 Am And Got To Lagos This Morning Around 5am by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 04, 2013
23 hours ..... oga ooo.wen nor be say nah china u deh go .
Re: I Left Ilorin Via Train Around 7 Am And Got To Lagos This Morning Around 5am by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 04, 2013
Fresh Air.....
Re: I Left Ilorin Via Train Around 7 Am And Got To Lagos This Morning Around 5am by OCTAVO: 9:00pm On Sep 04, 2013
Confusionist: shut ur mouth because the duration is not abnormal!

From abeokuta, when my brother goes to ilorin, he usually goes by the 11:15am train and will get there by 9:45pm!

Form abeokuta to ibadan is 3 good hours when a car is less than 45munites!
So, what are u saying?

The only good thing being the low price which is N750 naira as against N2,500 for a car!

Now, why on earth will u imply the duration being abnormal?
Do u want to tell us that the locomotives that u and ur master, Jonathan spread on the rail are bullet trains or electric train that is capable of making the distance in less than 2hrs?

Wen u dogs and ur masters were celebrating the old re-painted trains, tell me u dnt knw wot u dropped on the rail lines!

U confused id!ot!!!
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Left Ilorin Via Train Around 7 Am And Got To Lagos This Morning Around 5am by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 04, 2013
The thread on the approval rating of the president didn't make front page. I'm waiting for the moderators to move this baseless, senseless, watery and convulsion-induced thread to make front page.
Re: I Left Ilorin Via Train Around 7 Am And Got To Lagos This Morning Around 5am by baby124: 9:03pm On Sep 04, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The thread on the approval rating of the president didn't make front page. I'm waiting for the moderators to move this baseless, senseless, watery and convulsion-induced thread to make front page.

grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Women In Black Protest In Bori, Rivers State (Photos) / Gbajabiamila: Amendment Of CCB Act An Error, Will Not See The Light Of Day / Yahaya Bello Dissociates Himself From Posters Linking Him To APC Chairman Seat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.