Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer (20356 Views)

Nigeria’s Arinze Favoured As Pope Benedict XVI Resigns / Pope Benedict To Resign / Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by Ubenedictus(m): 6:00pm On Sep 04, 2013
A young American – who is now 19 and in his second year at university – claims he was cured of a chest tumour thanks to Ratzinger, who met the boy at an audience in Rome last year. Ratzinger listened to his story and placed his hand on the boy’s chest where the tumour was. Peter Srisch and his family appeared on Denver-based KUSA TV and confirmed their belief publicly.

Peter was 17 when doctors diagnosed him with a chest tumour after doing an X-Ray. "He had a chest x-ray and it revealed a softball sized tumour in his chest. It was determined that it was stage four non-Hodgkin's lymphoma," Laura Srsich, Peter's mother, said.

Peter was being treated at Colorado Children’s Hospital and while doctors tried to do what they could to help him fight the disease, he was also being looked after by the U.S. non-profit Make-a-Wish Foundation. The foundation works in about 50 countries across the world, offering assistance, including psychological support to children and young people with life-threatening medical conditions and granting each of them one wish. The Make-a-Wish Foundation was established in 1993 and has a strong presence in English-speaking countries but not only.

Laura Srsich said that when she spoke to Peter about it, the first wish that came to his mind was: 'I'd love to go meet the Pope in Rome.” His wish was relatively easy to grant and so a year ago, in May, Peter and his mother attended one of Benedict XVI’s General Audiences in St. peter’s Square. They met and spoke to him and the encounter had a powerful effect on Peter. "When I got up to actually talk to him I was struck by how human he was. It was a humbling experience for me to see how humble he was,” Peter said. The Pope listened to Peter talk about his trip and his illness. The boy then gave Ratzinger a lime green wristband with the words "Praying for Peter” printed on it. Ratzinger reciprocated by blessing him.

But according to Peter and his family this wasn’t just any blessing; or at least it was very effective. "Then he blessed me. He put his hand right on my chest where the tumour had been. He didn't know where the tumour was, but he put his hand right there," Peter explained.

A year has gone by and Peter has made a full recovery from cancer, he is in his second year at university and one day hopes to be ordained a priest. Benedict XVI’s resignation as Bishop of Rome and Pope only strengthened the impression Peter was left with after their meeting. In Peter’s eyes, Benedict’s gesture showed he put the Catholic Church above himself and his personal needs. A very humble gesture. “I'm going to remember him as one of the most humble people in the world, especially by this last act he is doing," Peter said.

A similar healing case was reported during John Paul II’s pontificate. An elderly Jewish American man was apparently cured of a brain tumour after attending a “private” morning mass with John Paul II and taking part in the Eucharist.
http://vaticaninsider.lastampa.it/en/world-news/detail/articolo/benedetto-xvi-benedict-xvi-benedicto-xvi-27560/

what do you think

22 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by italo: 7:03pm On Sep 04, 2013
I love and miss Benedict XVI. A very humble man indeed. He is a giant of the church who likes to pass unnoticed - avoiding the praise and limelight.

He was very instrumental in Vatican II Council. For many years he faithfully served at the right hand of John Paul II. Even then, he wanted a retirement but decided he could not abandon his then ailing and suffering superior.

Pope Francis is more radical but I have no doubt that the man Joseph Ratzinger - Benedict XVI is a saint to be.

4 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by Tolexander: 7:11pm On Sep 04, 2013
A young American – who is
now 19 and in his
second year at university –
claims he was cured
of a chest tumour thanks to
Ratzinger, who met
the boy at an audience in
Rome last year.
Benedict
xvi don turn German T.b Joshua.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by plaetton: 7:24pm On Sep 04, 2013
He he he .
Here we go again.

The trumpets of imminent pious fraud are sounding.
They have started flying the kite for the future sainthood of this pedophile protector, Ratzinger.

What about all those molested children that he failed to protect?.
What will they be cured of?

What a world we live in.
Jesus must be crying in his grave, sorry, I meant hid seat in heaven.

Religion is madness.

4 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by Omexonomy: 7:26pm On Sep 04, 2013
Tolexander: Benedict
xvi don turn German T.b Joshua.
i have personaly seen miracle in catholic church in ajegunle first hand

2 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by tobechi20(m): 7:39pm On Sep 04, 2013
Who says there is no miracle in catholic church?

2 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by Ubenedictus(m): 7:58pm On Sep 04, 2013
plaetton: He he he .
Here we go again.

The trumpets of imminent pious fraud are sounding.
They have started flying the kite for the future sainthood of this pedophile protector, Ratzinger.

What about all those molested children that he failed to protect?.
What will they be cured of?

What a world we live in.
Jesus must be crying in his grave, sorry, I meant hid seat in heaven.

Religion is madness.
if you ask me ratzinger did more to protect children than any other card during his time.
Your accusations are imaginary.

4 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by Tolexander: 8:05pm On Sep 04, 2013
Omexonomy: i have personaly seen miracle in catholic church in ajegunle first hand
i have habatically seen miracle in catholic church ni.

You suppose record am come show us for here as proof.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by plaetton: 8:13pm On Sep 04, 2013
Ubenedictus: if you ask me ratzinger did more to protect children than any other card during his time.
Your accusations are imaginary.

Imaginary, you say?
hhmmm

I am guessing that is what, or part of what eventually got him booted out.

Did you say he did more than any other card to protect children?
Hhhmm.
At least you do tacitly admit that children needed protection from holy pious men of god.

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by Ubenedictus(m): 8:28pm On Sep 04, 2013
plaetton:

Imaginary, you say?
hhmmm

I am guessing that is what, or part of what eventually got him booted out.

Did you say he did more than any other card to protect children?
Hhhmm.
At least you do tacitly admit that children needed protection from holy pious men of god.
it is imposible to boot out a pope, and yes i openly admit that the lives of so clerics have been scandalous to put it mildly. About your reference to 'holy pious men', i wish to say that the church isn't a den of saints, it is a hospital for sinners, it is a shameful thing when those who are suppose to be doctors have a stinking and contagious cancer. I didn't deny that some clerics were found wanting in their dealings. But your blame throwing parade is actually a witch hunt.

16 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by plaetton: 8:38pm On Sep 04, 2013
Ubenedictus: it is imposible to boot out a pope, and yes i openly admit that the lives of so clerics have been scandalous to put it mildly. About your reference to 'holy pious men', i wish to say that the church isn't a den of saints, it is a hospital for sinners, it is a shameful thing when those who are suppose to be doctors have a stinking and contagious cancer. I didn't deny that some clerics were found wanting in their dealings. But your blame throwing parade is actually a witch hunt.

I agree with you hundred percent. The tragedy of betrayed trust affects everyone and lingers for a long time.

So, you do understand why someone who does not subscribe to religious faith would sieze upon this millenia long system of high crimes against children to highlight my own beliefs that religion is not founded on the virtuous and high moral principles that it claims, but on the opposite, as clearly exposed by the ongoing scandals involving priests: the trusted custodians of religious morality.

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by Syncan(m): 9:08pm On Sep 04, 2013
I am happy for Peter on his health, he never went there expecting a cure,the Pope never promised any,God truly works in mysterious ways.

9 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by Ubenedictus(m): 9:26pm On Sep 04, 2013
plaetton:

I agree with you hundred percent. The tragedy of betrayed trust affects everyone and lingers for a long time.

So, you do understand why someone who does not subscribe to religious faith would sieze upon this millenia long system of high crimes against children to highlight my own beliefs that religion is not founded on the virtuous and high moral principles that it claims, but on the opposite, as clearly exposed by the ongoing scandals involving priests: the trusted custodians of religious morality.
is 'millenia' long not over streching it?
And lastly, though i don't support i almost understand the interest of atheist in using opportunities like these to bash religion. On another note i think it is a fallacious arguement to claim religion is wrong because humans fail to practice its principle. Claiming religion is wrong because many do not practice it well is really bad arguement.

3 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by magkhan(f): 9:53pm On Sep 04, 2013
Pope Benedict xvi did not cure the boys cancer...
Jesus Christ through the pope healed the boy...

13 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by Ubenedictus(m): 10:02pm On Sep 04, 2013
magkhan: Pope Benedict xvi did not cure the boys cancer...
Jesus Christ through the pope healed the boy...
yeah that is the exact way of saying it, i simply quoted what the boy said
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:49pm On Sep 04, 2013
rich boy can afford plane ticket to rome to see german babalawo. because jesus can't go to america so his miracles are reserved for the rich.

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by italo: 11:52pm On Sep 04, 2013
You wonder why the Atheist is having sleepless nights over what Benedict did or did not do.

An Atheist who claims to think that life is meaningless.

How can one do right or wrong in a meaningless world?

2 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by plaetton: 1:12am On Sep 05, 2013
italo: You wonder why the Atheist is having sleepless nights over what Benedict did or did not do.

An Atheist who claims to think that life is meaningless.

How can one do right or wrong in a meaningless world?

You don come now?
I have settled this topic with Ubenedictus, and I'm quite satisfied with his simple honesty on the issue.
I don't want to start again because of you.

For your correction, atheists believe that thinking humans create and give meaning to life.

On it's own and on the surface, life is chaotic, brutish, unpredictable and meaningless without a deliberate effort to channel it in one direction or another.

Religion, which you happily subscribe to, is just one of those, and perhaps the pre-eminent social engineering tool that are supposed to give meaning and direction to life.

Of course, religion has its reign over many millenia, and has failed woefully in that quest. It is fast fading away and giving way to ideas and new tools for social engineering.

3 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by italo: 2:16am On Sep 05, 2013
I have heard you, satan...but I dont accept.

Now permit me to go back to the topic of the thread.

Miracles happen minute in the Catholic Church. It's just that we dont use them as a marketing tool.

6 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by plaetton: 4:14am On Sep 05, 2013
italo: I have heard you, satan...but I dont accept.

Miracles happen minute in the Catholic Church. It's just that we dont use them as a marketing tool.

Me satan? shocked
My feelings are ambivalent towards that remark.
In one hand, I resent that derogatory remark. undecided
On the other hand, I hold it as a badge of honor, coming from an apostle of a discrepit institution of fraud and exploitation.

What is a miracle, and of what use is it if it only happens in the catholic church?.

In the real world, miracles happen everyday.
I have read of surgeries done on developing foetuses to correct potential birth defects.
Have you heard of the new 3D-printing technology and the use of that technology to synthesize body organs?
That is the type of miracle that the entire humanity can see, feel be effected by.
Not childish nonsense that emanate from church pulpits, that only serve to checkmake the latent doubts about religious faith.

7 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by italo: 5:58am On Sep 05, 2013
@ satan, I know that you know that God works countless miracles every second.

I know that you know about the incorruptibles, the miracles of Lourdes, the shroud of Turin, the liquefying blood of St. Gennaro, Our Lady of Guadalupe, Fatima and other apparitions. I know that you know of these and many more miracles that scientists have declared as clearly beyond nature. I know that you are just working hard to deceive men into your den by disbelieving God. You so desperately want them to fall into your miserable fate. You want partners to share you hate-filled and bitter eternity. But it has no effect on us Children of God.

11 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by Nobody: 6:07am On Sep 05, 2013
italo: @ satan, I know that you know that God works countless miracles every second.

I know that you know about the incorruptibles, the miracles of Lourdes, the shroud of Turin, the liquefying blood of St. Gennaro, Our Lady of Guadalupe, Fatima and other apparitions. I know that you know of these and many more miracles that scientists have declared as clearly beyond nature. I know that you are just working hard to deceive men into your den by disbelieving God. You so desperately want them to fall into your miserable fate. You want partners to share you hate-filled and bitter eternity. But it has no effect on us Children of God.

At the end of the day, claiming all those miracles put you on the same low branch as TB Joshua.

What of the poor guy in Taraba state that has cancer but no money to treat it? Catholic miracles are for the rich or westerners abi?

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by Ubenedictus(m): 10:03am On Sep 05, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: rich boy can afford plane ticket to rome to see german babalawo. because jesus can't go to america so his miracles are reserved for the rich.
i don't know if you are talking about this thread or about another thread with babalawo. If it is this thread you are talking about then read the article again someone sponsored the guys trip.

This is a challenge to you, apart from sitting on your comfy chair and give weird criticism on nairaland, what have you done to help those suffering around you?

3 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by Ubenedictus(m): 10:34am On Sep 05, 2013
plaetton:

Of course, religion has its reign over many millenia, and has failed woefully in that quest. It is fast fading away and giving way to ideas and new tools for social engineering.
how true is the above Really my dear, i really wonder what religion means to you, do you think it is some behavioural modification program that totally robs man of his ability to choose?? Atheism wasn't yet a world opinion when the crimes of atheist started to fill the news, that should tell you something. Each man choses his own path while the belive in God may serve as a caution, man still chooses his own path.

You are still on a witch hunt.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by Ubenedictus(m): 10:37am On Sep 05, 2013
italo: I have heard you, satan...but I dont accept.

it will be more polite if you edit out the word satan and put in adversery.
People may disagree without been disagreable.

3 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 05, 2013
Ubenedictus: it will be more polite if you edit out the word satan and put in adversery.
People may disagree without been disagreable.

Good.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by 80million1: 6:14pm On Sep 05, 2013
Pls lemme prepare a ROBUST REPLY!
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by omobarBlog(m): 6:18pm On Sep 05, 2013
watch original video of "i will bless the lord" by tyre tribet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsWjFauTZk4
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by Nikapetrelli(f): 6:18pm On Sep 05, 2013
Tnk God for dat,least d Boy will worry less,A grt miracle
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 05, 2013
Amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Stephanie Otobo's Apology To Apostle Suleman By Deji Yesufu / Some Of Us Born To Give More Love Than We Get – Pastor Fatoyinbo / List Of Names Of God In Igbo And Hausa Languages.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.