Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,797 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? (13516 Views)

Please Help!who Do I Confess To,pastor Or My Wife? / What Can You Never Forgive Your Parent For? / Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by PosCaricature: 7:10pm On Sep 05, 2013
I can adhere to any advice given by either of my Parent or Pastor. Provided they are good/profitable advise.

1 Like

Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by slap1(m): 7:10pm On Sep 05, 2013
God gave me a discerning spirit. If I have to seek advice, I'd rather come to nairaland.
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Nancyij37(f): 7:11pm On Sep 05, 2013
I will tk my parents advice Dan a pastor,I knw why I said DAT because I av a reason
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Nikapetrelli(f): 7:14pm On Sep 05, 2013
Parents,i knew dem before d kind pastor,nd no offence,but most pastors their households r something
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Afam4eva(m): 7:14pm On Sep 05, 2013
I don't need the advise of any pastor. Everything i need spiritually is written in the bible.

1 Like

Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 05, 2013
Duh I listen to all buh take none
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 05, 2013
baby_123: Use your own head and do what makes sense to you when you have considered all the factors and advices. Even some parents manipulate their kids for their own benefit. And not the child's benefit. Pastor should only present the religious aspect, parents the cultural/ moral. You the final decision. God gave you a brain for a reason. cheers.
Best response.
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 05, 2013
I listen to only myself.

That is why I have a brain.
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Bizibi(m): 7:18pm On Sep 05, 2013
slap1: God gave me a discerning spirit. If I have to seek advice, I'd rather come to nairaland.
nairaland is a no go area fr advice kai,some advice can make one commit suicide

3 Likes

Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Gudintent: 7:20pm On Sep 05, 2013
Parents.
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Tushnigerian(f): 7:21pm On Sep 05, 2013
My parents! Pray to God! Follow na heart afterward!
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Ichie11(m): 7:23pm On Sep 05, 2013
Lekwa mu O! Na my parents naaa. Who be pastor self
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 05, 2013
none, my gurlfrnd's
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by yunisco: 7:27pm On Sep 05, 2013
Vladm: ......End time tinz....
Everything about u is end time, all d comment u hv being making since u started this forum is end time. I'm sure u are 1 of them. Be guided and make positive contributions.

1 Like

Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 05, 2013
berem: Indeed! Are you expecting God to talk to you directly? wa pe mbe!! grin

Do you have a bible? smiley
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by omartins(m): 7:28pm On Sep 05, 2013
My dear lovely parent, I can pick from general counsel or advice of pastor, but private consultation? My parent 1001times.
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by stagger: 7:29pm On Sep 05, 2013
Lakotai: In now a days Nigeria, people tend to listen to pastors, bishops, prophets than their parent...

Its becoming an issue worth discussing.

That is why I want to hear your own opinion,
Pastor or Parent, whose Advise do you prefer?

You are talking arrant nonsense. By the time a human being gets to the age of being able to listen to a pastor, is that person supposed to still be in his father's house? Isn't that person supposed to be an adult capable of thinking and making decisions?
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by MrAboki: 7:29pm On Sep 05, 2013
Taking a Pastors advice over your parents advice!!!! That's funny!!

I don't have a pastor for starters..
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by victorazy(m): 7:30pm On Sep 05, 2013
What parent? Am my living with my parents? My pastor's advise is the ultimate cuz he represent God. Many parents don't have fear of God.

1 Like

Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 05, 2013
smh @most comments..

Some of you can not take the advice of your pastor, yet you go to church to listen to him every sunday (atleast) to listen to the words he (or God) have for y'all...

The hypocrisy of mere mortal stinks! especially black men.

1 Like

Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Queeneth29(f): 7:32pm On Sep 05, 2013
really
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by anonimi: 7:33pm On Sep 05, 2013
I believe it is useful to consider the words of Jesus Christ, whom we are trying to emulate as CHRISTians, in responding to this thread:

9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:
11 But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free.
12 And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother;

13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

http://www.christnotes.org/bible.php?q=Mark+7%3A+9-13&ver=kjv

In short the pastors' equivalent (Pharisees & scribes) encouraged people to give them things that they could have given their parents. By so doing they were negating Moses' commandment.
They did other similar things.
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Okontami: 7:34pm On Sep 05, 2013
My parents. I dont respect any pastor but dont disrespect them either. They are human and are prone to mistakes too. I do what i wish. I even go against my parents sometimes. Really dont give a fu*ck about any body's advice if it does not make any sense to me. Am a grown man. I take my decisions.

1 Like

Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 05, 2013
life is 2 state in nija.
1. PH- per head.
2. OYO- on your own.
3. In omawumi voice " if u ask me; na who I go ask"

Seriously learning is always my hobby, I can submit n adhere 2 anyone's advice regardless of status n age. #team open minded#

D only advice I hate is dat arranging nija girl marriage talk frm most mumsy
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 05, 2013
victorazy: What parent? Am my living with my parents? My pastor's advise is the ultimate cuz he represent God. Many parents don't have fear of God.

Best response so far..

This is about following the pathway of God.

The poster shouldn't have compared 'Pastors' with 'Parents' especially when the issue isn't about GOD..
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by yinkard4me(m): 7:41pm On Sep 05, 2013
Hmmm! signs of end tym.... In our own time, we d children of israel always put MOSES BEFORE OUR PARENT... Wetin we nor go see for dis endtime
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by passionate88: 7:41pm On Sep 05, 2013
My mama
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Keffebabe(f): 7:42pm On Sep 05, 2013
My parent on top.
Some pastor are devil they will add more problem to peoples life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Nairalander Celebrates His Great Grandmother At 130 Years / What Should A Woman Do To A Drunk Husband? / PLEASE SAVE A LIFE.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.