Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,986 members, 7,806,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference (3366 Views)

Religious Section - PAGAN / ATHEIST STRIKE 2013 / The Pagan Origin Of The Word "AMEN" / Roman Catholicism -- Christian or pagan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:15pm On Sep 04, 2013
The time has come to get the train moving. We need some serious action now.

Note: MODs please ensure that only Pagans/Atheists and sympathizers to our cause make comments on this thread. We do not want any form of derailment or mockery.

Nigeria is a Great Nation. The Gods Bless Nigeria.

However, this "Great Nation" of ours, is currently being led onto the wrong track.

We Pagans and Atheists are well aware of the fact that we are today minorities in this nation, which we once held major sway. We welcomed them with open arms, only to be deceived and tricked, bribed and betrayed, rap.ed and mutilated, branded as Satanists (A concept which we never knew) and discarded by the streets.

However All is NOT Lost.

If we are to win this war, we must stand United.

Our weapons "for now" is our free-thinking, knowledge and expertise. Our thirst for Justice and Our struggle to right the wrongs will be our driving force.

Now to unite us all, the focal point is that, We Are All Tribespeople. Our culture, our identities are at stake.
And everyday, we lose a part of ourselves.

The old keepers of knowledge in our villages are dying, Pagan shrines are being destroyed, Shariaá law is implemented in the North to stem the voices of reason of the Atheists.

the vile foreign bane of islam and christianity is destroying this common unifying factor of our two parties and we are both losing out as a result.

The loss of the Pagan man is the loss of the Atheist man, and the gain of the Pagan woman is the gain of the Atheist woman.

Atheists of Nairaland, you are well aware that today if we Pagans come into power, the atheists are guaranteed freedom of Speech and expression, and freedom of non-belief, aslong as you respect Culture and Identity.

We Pagans neither Proselytyze nor force our doctrines. Therefore Our Victory is Your Victory.

Right now the need of the hour is for us to unite and devise a steady plan to put our fruits into action, whether online, or offline.

Any Free-Born Tribesperson who wishes to join our movement of enlightenment, is freed to do so.

Our Nation and OUr Tribes are in danger today from foreign influences. This has been going on for quite a while now. It is time we get together our act and make use of our precious life to be useful. To prove to the Gods, that the Human Created was not a waste. The Human was not an evil poision.

Our common-front will be discussing issues such as Nigerias Development (moral and economical), Safeguard of our Forests and Wild Animals and rights, Safeguard of our Tribes and Cultures, Propagating our activities, Ground-work, Missionary Work, etc.)

So now, if you are with me, to begin with, let us take a Roll Call.

All you have to do is to state your tribe, belief/non-belief and place of Origin (can be either state, city, or tribal territory) and then say AYE!

[img]http://3.bp..com/-BoiSGBRjZas/UQiqFONYHRI/AAAAAAAAKfs/OgxPCrfR-CI/s320/FelaOnTour_2-c-BernardMatussiere.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:16pm On Sep 04, 2013
Let me start now. .

MAguzawa-Hausa , Pagan(Hausa-Boori-Maguzanci) Religion , Hausaland, AYE! cool

1 Like

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by tobechi20(m): 9:30pm On Sep 04, 2013
An attempt by pagan and atheist to team up against christian and muslims

reminds me of AC-CPC-ANPP MERGER AGAINST PDP

LETS SEE THE RESULT
Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:05am On Sep 05, 2013
Yoruba

Atheist.......and African spirituality

Oduduwa land

AYE

2 Likes

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by plaetton: 4:29am On Sep 05, 2013
tobechi20: An attempt by pagan and atheist to team up against christian and muslims

reminds me of AC-CPC-ANPP MERGER AGAINST PDP

LETS SEE THE RESULT

Actually, its not about teaming against, its about standing up to the toxic and all-pervasive cognitive desonance that is despoiling the African psyche.

3 Likes

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by plaetton: 4:29am On Sep 05, 2013
Sign me up quick quick.

2 Likes

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 05, 2013
Since when did pagan and atheist share the same idea.

Pagans believes in a diety(god), while atheist dont believe that a god exist. why d gang up

anyways kudos pagan9ja smiley
Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by UyiIredia(m): 9:22am On Sep 05, 2013
joel lala: Since when did pagan and atheist share the same idea.

Pagans believes in a diety(god), while atheist dont believe that a god exist. why d gang up

They share a common threat (Islam and Christianity) and want to team up to defeat it.
Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by tobechi74: 10:10am On Sep 05, 2013
joel lala: Since when did pagan and atheist share the same idea.

the enemy of an enemy is a friend
Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 05, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

They share a common threat (Islam and Christianity) and want to team up to defeat it.

How Abi this one na APC and CPC merger against PDPcheesy

Christains, muslims and Pagans believes that a supreme God exist but atheist dont believe a Supreme being exist so i dont knw why the team up. BTW lets assume that the gang up actually lead to the defeat of religion, wont atheist and pagans be at their own throat by then, as dey have different mindset and beliefs

Pagan9ja abeg no vex o. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by tuagbo: 11:50am On Sep 05, 2013
"Pagan9ja" how you dey?I am 200% atheist but i am a HUGE admirer of yours.I love your authenticity,your sense of purpose,doggedness and belief in what you represent.Welldone.By the way,any fan of Abami Eda is a friend of mine.Take care.

2 Likes

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by tuagbo: 11:50am On Sep 05, 2013
""
Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:13pm On Sep 06, 2013
joel lala:

Christains, muslims and Pagans believes that a supreme God exist but atheist dont believe a Supreme being exist so i dont knw why the team up. BTW lets assume that the gang up actually lead to the defeat of religion, wont atheist and pagans be at their own throat by then, as dey have different mindset and beliefs

Let me explain.

You can't expect a murder victim to team up with murderers right? yes that is what its all about.

The gang up is not to defeat religion. It is to defeat these "bad new man-made religions".

No we won't be at each others throat since there won't be any reason. As Pagans are open-mind and non-prselytyzing. The most important factor is that as tribesmen, we believe in revenge and there is no reason for revenge here.
Another important factor is that Pagans do not have any books, especially books that state us to kill or convert or subdue non-believers.
The atheists will benifit from a Cultural Point of view.

Also do you know that the line between too Many Gods (Paganism) and 0 Gods (Atheism) is very shady and is subject to research?

Do you know that Advanced Pagan religions like Ancient Greek and Hinduism also had separate branches of Atheism?

1 Like

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:16pm On Sep 06, 2013
tuagbo: "Pagan9ja" how you dey?I am 200% atheist but i am a HUGE admirer of yours.I love your authenticity,your sense of purpose,doggedness and belief in what you represent.Welldone.By the way,any fan of Abami Eda is a friend of mine.Take care.

Thank You very much Sir. The Gods Bless.

who isnt? wink

1 Like

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 06, 2013
joel lala:

a pagan wont kill you or discriminate or demonize you for not believing his god. they don't follow a stupid book that asks them to do horrible things to people of different beliefs. if atheists/pagan alliance is what it takes to defeat the menace that islam and Christianity (especially islam) has brought to our society, then am 200% in

2 Likes

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by 419forlife: 3:06pm On Sep 06, 2013
joel lala:

[img]http://www.mommylicious.ca/sites/default/files/content/images/childish%20logo.jpg[/img]
Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 06, 2013
Nice one pagan......I owe you a drink

However, you are abami eda......many of the pagans in naija are illiterates. Many of the atheists in nigeria are intellectualsm

I will be your ally as you are sensible but it would be difficult to relate to illiterates

1 Like

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by Nobody: 3:34pm On Sep 06, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Christianity and islam are a foreigners traditional religion. For you to practise them means you have lost your identity and ofcourse,you feel inferior.

2 Likes

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by BedLam: 4:55pm On Sep 06, 2013
I'm signing up! But how come there is no blog or Facebook page for atheists or pagans in Nigeria?
Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 06, 2013
BedLam: I'm signing up! But how come there is no blog or Facebook page for atheists or pagans in Nigeria?

There are
Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by BedLam: 6:03pm On Sep 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

There are
link me, please.
Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 06, 2013
BedLam: link me, please.

https://www.nairaland.com/1274605/nigerian-humanist-seminar-past-sunday

The link to the humanist facebook page is at the bottom of the op
Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by RayMcBlue(m): 7:16pm On Sep 06, 2013
I'm an hardcore Atheist, which is why the prospect of teaming up with pagans seemed too much like a sell-out to me.

Believe it or not, pagans are theist, and are no different to Christians and Muslims. They discriminate just as much.

In a largely pagan community, if you are an atheist or Christian, you'd better steer clear, or they will use you for human sacrifice.

Pagans have nothing in common with atheist cuz most are bunch of ignorant illiterates, while atheism is the epitome of free thinking and advance knowledge.

I strongly protest the credibility of this thread. Team up with who?

[size=16pt]No way![/size]

5 Likes

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by BedLam: 7:48pm On Sep 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

https://www.nairaland.com/1274605/nigerian-humanist-seminar-past-sunday

The link to the humanist facebook page is at the bottom of the op
gracias!
Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 06, 2013
9jadelta: a pagan wont kill you or discriminate or demonize you for not believing his god. they don't follow a stupid book that asks them to do horrible things to people of different beliefs. if atheists/pagan alliance is what it takes to defeat the menace that islam and Christianity (especially islam) has brought to our society, then am 200% in

Why do you guys always paint christainity or even islam to look as if they are the only ones that did horrible things in the past.

Pagans sacrificed several humans in aceint and present.

The Norse pagans sacrificed males every ninth year during the Yule sacrifices at the Temple at Uppsala.

Even the Aztecs reported that they sacrificed 80,400 prisoners over the course of four days. click: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aztec

Is this not the hieght of wickedness

Then you guys will come here and pretend as if you pagans are all saints and paint christains and muslims black.

All i see here is nothing more than pretence

1 Like

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 06, 2013
Ray McBlue: I'm an hardcore Atheist, which is why the prospect of teaming up with pagans seemed too much like a sell-out to me.

Believe it or not, pagans are theist, and are no different to Christians and Muslims. They discriminate just as much.

In a largely pagan community, if you are an atheist or Christian, you'd better steer clear, or they will use you for human sacrifice.

Pagans have nothing in common with atheist cuz most are bunch of ignorant illiterates, while atheism is the epitome of free thinking and advance knowledge.

I commend you, even though you are an athiest atleast the truth is in you..

All others here pretending that pagan and atheist can collaborate togather meanwhile even the pagans are worst than the christains or muslim with their human sacrifice obsession.

An athiest even survives and grow more in christain surroundings than in pagan communities and this is true.

1 Like

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by Nobody: 9:07pm On Sep 06, 2013
ifeness:

Christianity and islam are a foreigners traditional religion. For you to practise them means you have lost your identity and ofcourse,you feel inferior.

Ifeness if i recollect properly , you dont evven believe that a God exist..what you believe in are aliens from another planet. so who here has really lost an identity.
Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 06, 2013
Ray McBlue: I'm an hardcore Atheist, which is why the prospect of teaming up with pagans seemed too much like a sell-out to me.

shut up.............ooman in disguise

1 Like

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 06, 2013
joel lala:

I commend you, even though you are an athiest atleast the truth is in you..

All others here pretending that pagan and atheist can collaborate togather meanwhile even the pagans are worst than the christains or muslim with their human sacrifice obsession.

An athiest even survives and grow more in christain surroundings than in pagan communities and this is true.

When last did you see a human sacrifice in paganism?

3 Likes

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by TerryCarr(m): 9:55pm On Sep 06, 2013

Is There an Unspoken Pagan/Atheist Alliance?

Is it just me or have you noticed that Pagans and Atheists seem (for the most part) to get along and even agree with one another most of the time?

If you visit atheist or religious forums, the trend seems to be pretty clear. I don't think I've ever had an argument with a pagan or met one online or in person that I disliked. I really started thinking about it after reading a comment about how some Christians feel their religion is under attack. I started wondering - probably for the millionth time - whether that's true. I then realized that you rarely see atheists arguing with Pagans, Hindu's, Buddhists etc. You will frequently see them arguing with Muslims or Christians.

Why is that?

I decided to brainstorm reasons and this article is the result. Now keep in mind that I'm going to be talking in general terms for the purposes of this article. So if I say 'Pagans' or 'Atheists' or 'Christians', I'm not saying all Christians, Pagans or Atheists. I'm just talking in general terms.

Blessed be

Some Pagans will end their post with 'Blessed be'.

Love the saying. And it's much better than when a Christian says in a condescending manner, 'I'll pray for you'.

Ignorance of Pagan beliefs

Personally, I'm pretty ignorant of Pagan belief structures. I don't know a hell of a lot about them. In order to debate someone, you sort of need to have a grasp of the subject matter. When I run into a Pagan, I'm more filled with curiosity. I want to understand and know more about them. Maybe this works in their favor?

Numbers game

It might just come down to demographics. According to Wiki, neo-pagans make up only 0.02% of the world's population. Christians on the other hand make up a third of the population and many of them are concentrated in North America.

This means that Christian beliefs are going to impact society far more than pagan beliefs.

Satan and shared history

I've never had a pagan tell me that I'm going to be tortured for eternity for not believing in their deity(s). This generally leads to a more pleasant conversation.

I would assume that many pagans have read up on the history of their faith and realize that faiths like Christianity used to burn them at the stake, torture and rape them. Atheists also had to be careful in the past about sharing their disbelief. In fact, pagans and atheists still have to be careful. They might not get burned at the stake any more, but they can face being ostracized from the community.

I also think that some Christians think that atheists and pagans are tools of Satan. This might be another reason why pagans and atheists seem to have an unspoken alliance.

In a recent news article that highlighted the distrust and animosity some people have towards atheists it said:

"While atheists may see their disbelief as a private matter on a metaphysical issue, believers may consider atheists' absence of belief as a public threat to cooperation and honesty." In a 2003 study [PDF], 48 percent (the highest of disapproval rating of any group) of Americans said that they would disapprove of their children marrying an atheist.

This distrust prompts one to wonder if believers really do worry that people would engage in rampant murder and mayhem if they thought that there was no vengeful deity monitoring their behavior at all times. In fact, psychological research does confirm that a lot of religious believers do tend to think this way. In light of those fears, one prominent slogan featured on placards at the Rally for Reason, “Be Good for Goodness’ Sake” must appear nonsensical to believers.

I wonder if the numbers would be similar when it comes to pagan beliefs and atheism.

Laws

Christianity has a big influence on our laws. Paganism not so much and I've never met a pagan that believed their faith should be legislated into law. You never hear a pagan saying we're a Pagan Nation or any other such nonsense.

For example, you can easily find news stories like this one:

Newt Gingrich likes to harp on the subject of “religious freedom” as much as the next Republican. Of course, as we have shown here repeatedly, the phrase “religious freedom” is a stand-in for something else: the privileging of Christian belief over all other forms of belief – or disbelief. Religious freedom should mean equal freedoms for all with regards to belief and that is what the First Amendment establishes by prohibiting government establishment of religion, originally applied to the federal government in the First Amendment and later applied to the states via the Fourteenth Amendment in the wake of the Civil War.

And when the separation of church and state is threatened, it would make sense that it threatens the pagan religion as well as atheists.

Perhaps it just boils down to common goals and vision for the future where no religion is given privilege over another and all are free to believe or disbelieve?

Conversion

Islam and Christianity are built on converting people to their religion. Pagans (from what I understand) can literally have thousands of deities and they don't believe their way is the only way. Pagans don't attempt to convert people because they think they're saving a soul from damnation. They may share their ideas and ideals, but rarely (never that I've seen) try to force their beliefs on other people by using scare tactics.

These are just some of my thoughts. I don't know whether any of them are correct or if there really is an unspoken alliance between pagans and atheists or not or if it just seems that way sometimes.

What do you think?

http://canadian-atheist..com/2012/03/is-there-unspoken-paganatheist-alliance.html

here is a pic i fond on the blog

[img]http://3.bp..com/-PCxXLUNQ1bs/T3Q-Y3g5_gI/AAAAAAAAAC0/N_-US7Lle7c/s1600/pagan-satan.jpg[/img]

3 Likes

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by Nobody: 9:59pm On Sep 06, 2013
terrycar,

nice post

1 Like

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by Nobody: 10:07pm On Sep 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

When last did you see a human sacrifice in paganism?

Common logicboy, lets stop beating about the bush. You know the truth.

In India the police in Khurja reported "dozens of sacrifices" in the period of half a year in 2006. Human sacrifices are occasionally carried out by extreme followers of Kali, the goddess of power.

In January, 2008, Milton Blahyi of Liberia confessed being part of human sacrifices which "included the killing of an innocent child and plucking out the heart, which was divided into pieces for us to eat." He fought against Charles Taylor's militia.

In August 2004, a muti killing took place in Ireland; the headless corpse of a Malawi woman was found near Piltown, County Kilkenny.

In Nigeria alone, the high rate of human sacrifice aka rituals is solely caused by pagans in disguise of being a traditionalist or babalawo as they call them in yoruba land. Other areas in Nigeria practise rituals which is directly related to paganism.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's With Nigerian Churches And Hilarious Revival Themes? / Drinking Alcohol Is A Sin. / Preparing For Rapture, Part 10, Holiness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.