Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,008 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? (11094 Views)

"The Owl Who Was God" / Strange Owl Appears In Delta State Govt. House – SEE What Happened Next / Owl Survives Head-on Collision With Pickup Truck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by Babe2sure(f): 5:28am On Sep 05, 2013
It is called our chronotype ~ It determines our sleep/Alert pattern.There are 3 types:

THE LARK: They are also called(Morning people,Early bird or 'A' people)they sleep early at night at most 1Op.m and wake early in the morning say 6a.m.They are very alert and function better in the morning.They are not at their best in late afternoon or evening simply because they are Lark!!!

THE NIGHT OWL: They are (evening people or 'B' people)they go to bed late(past midnight),feel more energetic before they sleep at night,then wake up late in the morning.They are not at their best in the morning,but they are alert and function better in the evening.Since most companies in Nigeria work time is 8~6p.m,they got no choice but to resume at 8a.m,thus inadequate sleep result and when they do this for several month,they will break down simply because they are Owl!!!They tend to catch up on the lost sleep time at the weekend.Work schedule in Nigeriafavour the larks mostly.

THE HUMMINGBIRD: They have a more flexible sleeping pattern and they are a combination of the above.

I am an extreme lark.I sleep early. No matter how much I try to stay awake(the only exception is if I had slept very well in the evening time,then I could sleep late) and wake up by 5a.m without alarm,(even if I don't have anywhere to go,I must wake at that time)then I would want to do whatever household chores I have pending(because I am most energetic at that time),I hate evening work.

Pals,which sleeping pattern do you fall to?

5 Likes

Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by colossus2: 6:32am On Sep 05, 2013
HUMMINGBIRD
I sleep before 10pm most times and wake up before 5am. Sometimes I stay awake beyond 12am but wake up before 7am.
For the times I wake up at 3am, I sleep back at 6am and wake up at 8am.
ALWAYS ENERGETIC anyday anytime.

3 Likes

Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by UjSizzle(f): 12:11pm On Sep 05, 2013
Mynd is a NIGH TOWL tongue
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by Mynd44: 8:20pm On Sep 05, 2013
uj_sizzle: Mynd is a NIGH TOWL tongue
Huh? I am a hummingbird jorhgrin
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by MrAboki: 8:41am On Sep 06, 2013
I am an Ikwi-kwi.. grin

23 Likes

Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 06, 2013
Though am El Guapo, i'd just have to admit that am a humming bird...

And how awkward it feels to ride on that logic cheesy
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by BlackPeni5: 8:43am On Sep 06, 2013
I think I'm a Vulture...I don't know when to sleep

12 Likes

Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by sulaimon99(m): 8:45am On Sep 06, 2013
to be sincere ,i dont know what i am ...i sleep anytime and wake up anytime ...thats all

3 Likes

Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by resdan(m): 8:45am On Sep 06, 2013
All i knw is £nd time tinx

3 Likes

Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by VirginFinder: 8:45am On Sep 06, 2013
Excuse me
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by CODEEATER(m): 8:46am On Sep 06, 2013
Am a night owl 4 sure...m turbo charged at night hours..

Eat at night
Read at night
Code at night
Chat at night
More creative at night (weird one)

Etc

5 Likes

Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by lymelyte(m): 8:46am On Sep 06, 2013
HUMMINGBIRD
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 06, 2013
I'm a night owL!_
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by toyeoye(m): 8:47am On Sep 06, 2013
@op im a ferrari ur tata
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by resdan(m): 8:48am On Sep 06, 2013
What position am i?.......end time tinx+am a humming bird
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 06, 2013
I m none of the above! I neither sleep nor slumber! If don‘t believe; Na u sabi! I m a god.
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 06, 2013
uj_sizzle: Mynd is a NIGH TOWL tongue

Talk of NL peers who're in that category - I know of a certain Br3nd4, Xynerise, Oahray, Efemena and Nitlad cheesy
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 06, 2013
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by Homguy(m): 8:49am On Sep 06, 2013
Am one ''Owl" person
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by Asabaman(m): 8:50am On Sep 06, 2013
Mr Aboki: I am an Ikwi-kwi.. grin
grin
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by xynerise: 8:51am On Sep 06, 2013
Owl is already a night bird so why the tautology? grin

Night owl cool

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by Kaxmytex(m): 8:53am On Sep 06, 2013
My cartegory no even dey dere.....
I fit use 22hrs slip 4 a day nd sumtymz,i fit open mah eyez 4 24hrs without dozing,....

Which cartegory i kum belong nw,i guess say na humminglarkowl

4 Likes

Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by Lordave: 8:53am On Sep 06, 2013
I'm an Owl on Sundays
A Lark on Monday
An Owl on Tuesday
A Lark on Wednesday
An Owl on Thursday
A Lark on Friday
An Owl on Saturday

You can call me whatever you like, but I'm not a humming bird. grin

1 Like

Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by xynerise: 8:53am On Sep 06, 2013
El Guapo:

Talk of NL peers who're in that category - I know of a certain Br3nd4, Xynerise, Oahray, Efemena and Nitlad cheesy
For you to observe that means you are one of us tongue
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by greedie1(f): 8:53am On Sep 06, 2013
hummingbird i think... definitely not lark
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by Thebrightest(m): 8:53am On Sep 06, 2013
[size=20pt]Just passing by...[/size]
[size=60pt]__/""""|""""\_____
|__/@\____/@\___|%[/size]
[size=20pt]Hmmm. I dont think i am any of those birds except maybe eagle[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by mauricerex: 8:54am On Sep 06, 2013
Am nt any of those bird listed am just LABALABA
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by Thebrightest(m): 8:55am On Sep 06, 2013
I am Bright and not a bird smiley
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by UjSizzle(f): 8:55am On Sep 06, 2013
Imma HUMMINGBIRD cool
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by agrovick(m): 8:55am On Sep 06, 2013
Coming back with my comment
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 06, 2013
Gwa Gwa Gwa,gwam ihem bu.iam a hummingbird in the guise of an owl but i may be a lark.who am i?

lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Explain Your Year 2023 In One Word! / How Did You Get Your Nickname??? / How Real Is This Interview Invitation Please.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.