Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

Nigerians In Houston Pls Where Would You Consider A Safe And Best Area To Stay. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Houston Pls Where Would You Consider A Safe And Best Area To Stay. (5341 Views)

Nigerian Man Dies Aboard Plane That Landed In Houston. / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe / Fruits In Season & Area To Book Our Accommodation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians In Houston Pls Where Would You Consider A Safe And Best Area To Stay. by akaniman: 7:44am On Sep 05, 2013
I have a family of four and we are presently residing in elpaso,tx.We are planning to relocate to Houston on or b4 December.PLs we will appreciate ur sincere advice based on this factors:Safe and affoidable locations for a naija family,D likely cost for the 2 bedroom apartment.Thanks and God bless.
Re: Nigerians In Houston Pls Where Would You Consider A Safe And Best Area To Stay. by akaniman: 6:56pm On Sep 05, 2013
Pls I need ur response asap.
Re: Nigerians In Houston Pls Where Would You Consider A Safe And Best Area To Stay. by Yvete(f): 3:46am On Sep 06, 2013
Third world, Houston is a NO.
What's your budget? For starters, look up 2-bdr apartments/condos in SW Houston (off Bissonnett). Should cost like $700 and up. The reason I suggest Bissonnett is in case you don't have a car and maybe your wife needs to catch a bus, easy grocery shopping, school run or something. Its accessible. www.har.com ... Use these zip codes 77083, 77098, 77099, 77082...

If you love exclusivity, grin Welcome to Sugar land, Missouri City, Katy and the Woodlands. Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Houston Pls Where Would You Consider A Safe And Best Area To Stay. by akaniman: 4:50am On Sep 06, 2013
@dell net why all dis,if u do not have any gud contribution stay away pls.@yvete I really apprc8t ur gud and sincere advice,im coming with my car,so I can stay in any area provided d factors mentioned are consider.
Re: Nigerians In Houston Pls Where Would You Consider A Safe And Best Area To Stay. by akaniman: 5:09am On Sep 06, 2013
@yvete pls wat did u mean by exclusivity pls?im budgeting btwn 600 to 700 box 4 a two bedroom apartment, I do not mind those places u mentioned above if u advice to.Wat did u know about humble and spring too?a frnd takd about those places too?Tks
Re: Nigerians In Houston Pls Where Would You Consider A Safe And Best Area To Stay. by dellnet: 10:15am On Sep 06, 2013
Hey dude just joking with ya. Thought this would be something you would look up online easily. On a serious note SW Houston is a place to check but you should also consider north Houston places like greenspoint which is a bit quiet, cleaner and more calm than SW plus all the conveniences. Other places like sugar land etc are expensive and suitable if you are looking for a home there. But don't get me wrong houses are cheap in Third Ward.
Re: Nigerians In Houston Pls Where Would You Consider A Safe And Best Area To Stay. by akaniman: 3:27am On Sep 07, 2013
@dell net ur knw talking,gud contribution nw ur forgiven.Tks
Re: Nigerians In Houston Pls Where Would You Consider A Safe And Best Area To Stay. by akaniman: 4:13am On Sep 09, 2013
My broders and sisters im waiting for ur advice pls.
Re: Nigerians In Houston Pls Where Would You Consider A Safe And Best Area To Stay. by akaniman: 9:02pm On Sep 10, 2013
Plsssssssss I need ur contributions.
Re: Nigerians In Houston Pls Where Would You Consider A Safe And Best Area To Stay. by Joy2013: 11:54pm On Sep 10, 2013
There are many Nigerians in the SouthWest (SW) Area because rent is cheap and public transport system is available if you don't have a car. That's where many of the Nigeria/African grocery stores are. However, I'm not sure about how safe the area is judging from the crimes reported on the news. I am also not sure how good the school district is. If you decide on SW and you're not comfortable with the public schools, I know people who put their children in the Charter school. I think it's called SKIP or so. They have a higher standard.

Sugarland is a good area but rent will be higher than SW. Katy is also very good but rent may be slightly higher than SW. For a 2-bedroom in Katy, you have to go above $800 per month. You have to weigh the benefits against the costs of living inKaty. If you live in Katy, you are probably in one of the best school districts for your children and the area is very safe. It is in the suburb and that means you will most likely have to commute to the city (Houston) to work (so, think time on the road and cost of gas). Public transport is not available within Katy, except the Metro bus that takes commuting workers downtown. That means your family will need a car to get around for shopping and every other thing.

Go on har.com or Google apartment listings and you'll get an idea of the different areas - the cost to rent and even the safety ratings.

All the best.
Re: Nigerians In Houston Pls Where Would You Consider A Safe And Best Area To Stay. by akaniman: 6:21pm On Sep 11, 2013
@joy2013 I really appreciate ur sincere and detailed advice,God will cont to be with u and ur family.
Re: Nigerians In Houston Pls Where Would You Consider A Safe And Best Area To Stay. by StellaBella(f): 7:03pm On Sep 11, 2013
http://www.zillow.com

Search Apts. and homes for rent @ Greater Fondren Southwest Area.

Area is okay and within your budget.

Hopes this helps.

Good luck.
Re: Nigerians In Houston Pls Where Would You Consider A Safe And Best Area To Stay. by akaniman: 3:37am On Sep 12, 2013
@stella bella,i really apprc8t ur advice,is d area u mentioned safe in terms of security and environmental aspect?pls I need ur response.
Re: Nigerians In Houston Pls Where Would You Consider A Safe And Best Area To Stay. by StellaBella(f): 5:10am On Sep 12, 2013
akaniman: @stella bella,i really apprc8t ur advice,is d area u mentioned safe in terms of security and environmental aspect?pls I need ur response.
I just went through your posts.

you have moved from New Jersey to Dallas, Austin, El Paso and now Houston within a year?

Your family was three now you said four?

Is this a new kind of fraud or you just like moving?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Houston Pls Where Would You Consider A Safe And Best Area To Stay. by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 12, 2013
Stella_Bella:
I just went through your posts.

you have moved from New Jersey to Dallas, Austin, El Paso and now Houston within a year?

Your family was three now you said four?

Is this a new kind of fraud or you just like moving?

I don't think he lived in those places. He was making enquiries about them as he was about to move to the USA from Nigeria. I think he later settled for Elpaso but is now looking at moving to Houston.

Op, am I correct?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Houston Pls Where Would You Consider A Safe And Best Area To Stay. by akaniman: 11:04pm On Sep 12, 2013
@phema tks, God bless u.I was in Nigeria when i was asking about dallas,austin and newjersey, because I have frnds that lives there,but later changed my mind to stay with my cousin whos husband is in army in el paso,pending d time I will choose where I will go.Before we moved to d state my family was 3 and my wife was heavily pregnant then,which she delivered after sum months here.@stella bella what caused all this accusation,is it fraudulent in seeking for peoples opinion and advices as a family member of this great forum.Again did I ask anybody to bring money or offer any services,pls @stella bella if u don't have anything good to contribute to this post again, just delete your self from this post please.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Houston Pls Where Would You Consider A Safe And Best Area To Stay. by StellaBella(f): 4:46am On Sep 13, 2013
akaniman: @phema tks, God bless u.I was in Nigeria when i was asking about dallas,austin and newjersey, because I have frnds that lives there,but later changed my mind to stay with my cousin whos husband is in army in el paso,pending d time I will choose where I will go.Before we moved to d state my family was 3 and my wife was heavily pregnant then,which she delivered after sum months here.@stella bella what caused all this accusation,is it fraudulent in seeking for peoples opinion and advices as a family member of this great forum.Again did I ask anybody to bring money or offer any services,pls @stella bella if u don't have anything good to contribute to this post again, just delete your self from this post please.
I COME IN PEACE!
Do not get all aggressive with me.
Don't you know that Identity Theft is also fraud?

I was just inquisitive why you kept asking for Nigerians in every city.

Well since you have un web all your cobwebs
Good luck to you and family.
Re: Nigerians In Houston Pls Where Would You Consider A Safe And Best Area To Stay. by Yvete(f): 4:42pm On Sep 14, 2013
Lolz ... seems like this thread went south and back! cheesy

@Akaniman: The decision is yours! DellNET is right too and I think Greenspoint is okay. Nigerians live in every part of Houston, even in the WoodLands. In the end, take time off, drive to Houston, do a tour before signing any lease (6 months contract preferable). If you like it, upgrade to 12 months or move out without messing up your rental history. Its cheaper to own a home over here than renting apartments /Condos anyways.
Re: Nigerians In Houston Pls Where Would You Consider A Safe And Best Area To Stay. by akaniman: 2:02am On Sep 16, 2013
@yvete, I really apprc8td ur excellent contribution,God will cont to be with u and ur family.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Houston Pls Where Would You Consider A Safe And Best Area To Stay. by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 26, 2013
Yvete: Third world, Houston is a NO.
What's your budget? For starters, look up 2-bdr apartments/condos in SW Houston (off Bissonnett). Should cost like $700 and up. The reason I suggest Bissonnett is in case you don't have a car and maybe your wife needs to catch a bus, easy grocery shopping, school run or something. Its accessible. www.har.com ... Use these zip codes 77083, 77098, 77099, 77082...

If you love exclusivity, grin Welcome to Sugar land, Missouri City, Katy and the Woodlands. Hope this helps.
Very helpful, thanks.
Re: Nigerians In Houston Pls Where Would You Consider A Safe And Best Area To Stay. by brixton: 11:56am On Jul 19, 2014
Ok
Re: Nigerians In Houston Pls Where Would You Consider A Safe And Best Area To Stay. by opportunities: 11:24am On Mar 31, 2017
please house, I will be heading to UT Austin, and need a room in any nearby cities. Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Houston Pls Where Would You Consider A Safe And Best Area To Stay. by Ndipe(m): 5:37am On Jan 18, 2020
Houston is nice.
Re: Nigerians In Houston Pls Where Would You Consider A Safe And Best Area To Stay. by AfonjaBoston: 6:09am On Jan 18, 2020
StellaBella:

I COME IN PEACE!
Do not get all aggressive with me.
Don't you know that Identity Theft is also fraud?

I was just inquisitive why you kept asking for Nigerians in every city.

Well since you have un web all your cobwebs
Good luck to you and family.

Yeye girl. See as you disgrace yourself and n.a. person go marry you put for house
Re: Nigerians In Houston Pls Where Would You Consider A Safe And Best Area To Stay. by StellaBella(f): 9:36am On Mar 09, 2020
ewure
AfonjaBoston:

Yeye girl. See as you disgrace yourself and n.a. person go marry you put for house
Re: Nigerians In Houston Pls Where Would You Consider A Safe And Best Area To Stay. by AfonjaBoston: 9:48am On Mar 09, 2020
StellaBella:
ewure

Na Bleep them go Bleep you throwaway
Re: Nigerians In Houston Pls Where Would You Consider A Safe And Best Area To Stay. by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 10:47am On Mar 09, 2020
grin grin grin

AfonjaBoston:

Re: Nigerians In Houston Pls Where Would You Consider A Safe And Best Area To Stay. by Paccus: 6:21pm On Mar 09, 2020
AfonjaBoston:

shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Rwanda Visa Application Process / It Easy To Travel With Benin Internation Passport And Go To Almost 60 Country! / Getting To Kwara From Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.