Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,169 members, 7,780,195 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:41 AM

130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK (16886 Views)

Osama Bin Laden's Family Members Die In Plane Crash / Egyptian Protesters Push An Armoured Police Van Off A Bridge, / Couple Jump-Off Bridge In China In Suicide Pact (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by Zonacom(m): 3:02pm On Sep 05, 2013
When i saw the headline, i thought many people died considering that 130 cars crashed.
A miracle hapened i must say
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 05, 2013
goldfish80:
I don't really blame the weather conditions exclusively for this mess. British motorists are the worst in the world, arrogant, rude and technically inept! You could see they were driving fast and too close,its a miracle no one died.

100% wrong

1 Like

Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by AbuMikey(m): 3:02pm On Sep 05, 2013
BOOOOooM
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by mickyarams: 3:03pm On Sep 05, 2013
I wonder how many of them will sue for whiplash.

1 Like

Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by coogar: 3:05pm On Sep 05, 2013
insurance companies must be crying.....this is a bad year for those parasites.

3 Likes

Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by bjdon: 3:07pm On Sep 05, 2013
In the UK people are too stressed with the high cost of life. This is can be seen in the aggresion they show on the road and in train stations. In fog when the visibility is poor you are supposed to drive really slow, but I bet you they were driving too fast. Shame, hope the injured recover quickly
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by DisGuy: 3:07pm On Sep 05, 2013
coogar: insurance companies must be crying.....this is a bad year for those parasites.

and a bad year for motorist, cos they will be transfering that cost!!!
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 05, 2013
murimoney: falls 4rm okada grin

Applies bandage to his coconut head...
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 05, 2013
yinkard4me: booking space for a bad news like dis? Hhmmm! End tym has come

undecided

1 Like

Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 05, 2013
Fog in early September?? One of the reason why I don't like Europe.... Hello America? It's still summer time until mid September.
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 05, 2013
Wow...at first I thought it was another classic Hollywood movie...This is serious.
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 05, 2013
2ndChance: All these oyibos sef. If the drivers had poor visibility, were they deaf as well? At least, they could have heard other cars crashing ahead of them na and know how to apply brakes. 1,2,3,4, ......130. Haba, I was told oyibos were smarter than this.

Have you ever driven in thick fog? You only need to have your windows wound up, and your radio on at moderate volume, and trust me, you won't hear a thing, till it's too late. Sometimes you could stop, only to be shunted into stationary cars by others coming behid you.
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by abrakhigbe: 3:17pm On Sep 05, 2013
Stop spreading lies, British motorists are among the best in the world, one off event cannot make you to come to such conclusion.Do you want to compare them with your Oshodi oke drivers?
goldfish80:
I don't really blame the weather conditions exclusively for this mess. British motorists are the worst in the world, arrogant, rude and technically inept! You could see they were driving fast and too close,its a miracle no one died.

2 Likes

Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 05, 2013
Kx: No matter d weather condition, things like dis don't happen in naija.
100 @once, what was on dia mind?

True. Nigerian drivers simply crash, with no bad weather to blame.

4 Likes

Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by DisGuy: 3:21pm On Sep 05, 2013
adeaugustus: Fog in early September?? One of the reason why I don't like Europe.... Hello America? It's still summer time until mid September.

Funny enough it's also one of the hottest days today 28C

freaky weather

1 Like

Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by Nobody: 3:23pm On Sep 05, 2013
goldfish80:

Substitute "British" for "Nigerian", and you'll be closer to being correct.

1 Like

Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by SilentCrescendo: 3:33pm On Sep 05, 2013
Some people and their comments sef..... Accidents happen everywhere all the time with or without the weather conditions. Buh trust, the fog was so hick early this morning you could hardly see... And FYI, fogs happen everywhere undecided
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by kadman(m): 3:37pm On Sep 05, 2013
goldfish80:

You better be kidding me with that statement. Thankfully lots of people on this thread live in UK and can argue that point. Unless as someone said you're trying to bash the country.
There is no other country in the world where it's as hard to obtain a driver's licence like UK. Just the rigorous process alone would instill dicpline into you.

And arrogance? You wanna compare a run of the mill unlawful Lagos motorist or your typical brash road-raged American on the highway to UK motorists? Mate !

1 Like

Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by kadman(m): 3:38pm On Sep 05, 2013
Siena:

Substitute "British" for "Nigerian", and you'll be closer to being correct.

THIS !!!
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by piagetskinner(m): 3:49pm On Sep 05, 2013
Yea! More of thos salvaged vehicles coming to Nigeria#toks
4 the buyer mind, him don buy correct ride
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by gidjah(m): 3:49pm On Sep 05, 2013
goldfish80:
very tru dr, those motorists cn be very rude, arrogant n too much in hurry just like our co nigerians, tot our lagos n fct drivers drive too fast until I came across d s/ africans& europeans too..once an accident occures be rest assured lots of cars will get involved ,coz they are always on one another back( bumper to bumper) .tnk God no deaths
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by coogar: 4:02pm On Sep 05, 2013
i am sure the trucks carrying cars and the mist made this looked worse than it should be. i hope those cars on the truck didn't drop on the passenger cars on the road....

Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by Pergrace: 4:07pm On Sep 05, 2013
I pity the Insurance companies... wink
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by goldfish80(m): 4:40pm On Sep 05, 2013
Dis Guy:

and statistics says....you're wrong...except this ofcourse is a bash the brits thread

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate

http://jalopnik.com/5926297/the-ten-countries-with-the-worst-drivers/
Don't let those stats fool you matey,UK drivers are horrible especially in Kent. Some years back,06 or 07, I can remember seeing a lady polishing her nails in traffic while driving at 50km/p.it was an absolute shocker to me. To top it all, Kent police have a reptuation in the UK of being bone idle and lazy!
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by UjSizzle(f): 4:42pm On Sep 05, 2013
shocked shocked Wow! Shey Magneto dey there ni
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 05, 2013
uj_sizzle: shocked shocked Wow! Shey Magneto dey there ni

Na Jazz jare... I saw it on TV and was surprised... na Jazz
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by goldfish80(m): 4:47pm On Sep 05, 2013
kadman:

You better be kidding me with that statement. Thankfully lots of people on this thread live in UK and can argue that point. Unless as someone said you're trying to bash the country.
There is no other country in the world where it's as hard to obtain a driver's licence like UK. Just the rigorous process alone would instill dicpline into you.

And arrogance? You wanna compare a run of the mill unlawful Lagos motorist or your typical brash road-raged American on the highway to UK motorists? Mate !
According to eye witness accounts,the accident occurred in thick fog with some witnesses saying that visibility was down to 20 yards in places and that motorists were 'driving like 1diots' prior to the crash. Infact,don't bet against it that some folks were putting on makeup,shaving,eating,texting,tailgating the fog lights of the car in front at speed.Trust me,UK drivers are sh1t.
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by goldfish80(m): 4:49pm On Sep 05, 2013
kadman:

According to eye witness accounts,the accident occurred in thick fog with some witnesses saying that visibility was down to 20 yards in places and that motorists were 'driving like 1diots' prior to the crash. Infact,don't bet against it that some folks were putting on makeup,shaving,eating,texting,tailgating the fog lights of the car in front at speed.Trust me,Uk drivers are sh1t.
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 05, 2013

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ghana To Deport Illegal Immigrants / West African Countries Shower President Ramaphosa With Honours & Titles On Tour / UK And Germany Won’t Send Tanks To Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.