Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,489 members, 7,808,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

Asbestos, Your Health And The Law - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Asbestos, Your Health And The Law (775 Views)

Asbestos Related Diseases / Asbestos And Lung Cancer / What Are Asbestos Fibres: What Are Their Effects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Asbestos, Your Health And The Law by Achmet(m): 2:12pm On Sep 05, 2013
Article culled from[url] instabuild.
[/url]

Are you experiencing short breath, persistent cough and pain in the lower part of your chest?, then I have a sure bet on you. Mesothelioma, asbestosis or lung cancer is what you’re suffering from.

Asbestos; strong, affordable, resistance to heat, fire, chemical and electrical damages, is a naturally occuring mineral fibre. It is known for its’ insulation power. Therefore it gained so much ground among builders and manufacturers of the 20th century due to its attractive qualities. Its’ use continued up till the end of the last century when the government considered it a life threatening substance.

Contrary to public believe and what we used to know, Nigerite’s MD in an interview with the Nigerian Guardian Newspaper two years ago claimed they no longer use asbestos. He said they stopped its’ use since 2002 in compliance with the Federal Government and International Labour Organizations’ directive. Up till this moment, a lot of people still refer to their ceiling tiles as asbestos even when it doesn’t contain a bit of it. However, for buildings built before the year 2002, it’s safe to say they most definitely contain asbestos. We can then infer that almost everyone at one time or the other had been in contact with this silent killer. It is a silent killer because an asbestos-related illness may not appear for years.

When it finally does, the rightful thing to do is to file a law suit or personal injury claim against the manufacturer or your employer as the case may be, depending on how and where you got an exposure, prolonged enough to cause the injury. This personal injury claim helps to get a compensation for the victim. You need an Asbestos Attorney to file your claim. He uses precedence, medical diagnoses report and other investigations to help you win your claim. The statute of limitations for this claim is 3 years starting from the time of medical diagnose. Lastly, else you’re talking about the Canadian city “Asbestos, Quebec”, please stop refering to your ceilings tiles as asbestos.

“docendo discitur”: It is learned by teaching.
Re: Asbestos, Your Health And The Law by toolsguru: 5:17pm On May 15, 2019
Thanks for the short write-up about the Mesothelioma and I think, I need the most top 10 mesothelioma law firm in this year 2019. I have a colleague that is having some challenge on this issue.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Wat Can I Do To Make Me Fat? / The 7 Worst Health Habits Ever / Ebola Could Be Airborne ! ! ! Find Out How - Canadian Scientists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.