Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

Johanesburg More Xenophobic Than Capetown. Travellers To Sa! - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Johanesburg More Xenophobic Than Capetown. Travellers To Sa! (5419 Views)

Photos: Travellers Stranded In Benin/Asaba Express Way Gridlock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Johanesburg More Xenophobic Than Capetown. Travellers To Sa! by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 14, 2014
morpheus24:

When has this ever stopped migrants from moving from one place to the other. for every law enacted, there is a loop hole.

Yeah, especially to people who would rather look for loopholes in other countries' laws than fix their country. And they say they are.had working when there's dirt every where in their doorsteps that no one cares to sweep.
Re: Johanesburg More Xenophobic Than Capetown. Travellers To Sa! by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 14, 2014
morpheus24:

Me complain, I actually welcome the beef. its good for competition.

Morpheus says .."you do not truly know someone until you fight them"

What is this thread here to serve? Argggggg! embarassed
Re: Johanesburg More Xenophobic Than Capetown. Travellers To Sa! by morpheus24: 3:55pm On Aug 14, 2014
BluIvy:
Yeah, especially to people who would rather look for loopholes in other countries' laws than fix their country. And they say they are.had working when there's dirt every where in their doorsteps that no one cares to sweep.

I can only speak for myself. I am in my country fixing it.

You must tell all those Saffer immigrants in Australia, New Zealand, UK, Canada to come back and fix their country too, especially those big booty Saffer nurses I see in the UK all the time.

THEY MUST GO BEK!

1 Like

Re: Johanesburg More Xenophobic Than Capetown. Travellers To Sa! by morpheus24: 3:56pm On Aug 14, 2014
BluIvy:
What's wrong with you lately? Are you on something? Your arguments are off base and incoherent lately. Aaaarg, even for you.

They are too fast for you to comprehend, which is why you have been deemed "slow"
Re: Johanesburg More Xenophobic Than Capetown. Travellers To Sa! by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 14, 2014
morpheus24:

I can only speak for myself. I am in my country fixing it.

You must tell all those Saffer immigrants in Australia, New Zealand, UK, Canada to come back and fix their country too, especially those big booty Saffer nurses I see in the UK all the time.

THEY MUST GO BEK!

Hahahaa!!! You are an emotional sissy. Why shout? cheesy cheesy cheesy wink

1 Like

Re: Johanesburg More Xenophobic Than Capetown. Travellers To Sa! by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 14, 2014
morpheus24:

They are too fast for you to comprehend, which is why you have been deemed "slow"

Your mama is slow. Read what you wrote there again and leave the emotions aside and see it makes anysense. Jou Morphy!
Re: Johanesburg More Xenophobic Than Capetown. Travellers To Sa! by morpheus24: 6:09pm On Aug 15, 2014
BluIvy:
Your mama is slow. Read what you wrote there again and leave the emotions aside and see it makes anysense. Jou Morphy!

Read, it . Nothing wrong with it. You must point to the inconsistencies if you need further clarification caused by your dyslexia.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Johanesburg More Xenophobic Than Capetown. Travellers To Sa! by TjoBATHONG(m): 1:49am On Feb 02, 2022
morpheus24:
I am a frequent traveler to both cities in south africa and continue to notice the overwhelming differences between the two popular cities in South Africa.

Anytime I am in capetown, I feel less afraid and hardly am noticed for being "different" aka "makwerekwere". When I mention I am nigerian and here on business, the people including the blacks, coloreds and whites don't usuallly give it a second thought.

When I am johanesburg, very different atmosphere, its like I am in automatic competition with the blacks there, like I stole something already. I really believe the ingnorance stems from most Black south africans not travelling extensive enough to really understand international cities and johanesburg is finding hard to come to grips with the reality of what the city is transforming into.

Your thoughts?

@bolded - and Cape blacks travel (if that's your argument)? undecided

Anyway, your answer lays in your last line: "getting to grips with what the city is transforming into". And it ain't good, in most people's opinion.

Joburg is overwhelmed by low skilled immigrants - that's not attractive anywhere in the world. Cape Town is the furthest city in SA from the rest of the continent and us therefore insulated from this sort of mass migration.

Anyway, let me holla at my boys:

IronGalaxy, JaceBlaze, LesudAfricaine, TMKsouth, Morpheus101

2 Likes

Re: Johanesburg More Xenophobic Than Capetown. Travellers To Sa! by fergie001: 8:56am On Feb 02, 2022
@tmkSouth

Mandisa Maya is interviewing for CJ.....She just walked in/

cool
Re: Johanesburg More Xenophobic Than Capetown. Travellers To Sa! by JaceBlaze: 10:27am On Feb 02, 2022
TjoBATHONG:

Anyway, your answer lays in your last line: "getting to grips with what the city is transforming into". And it ain't good, in most people's opinion.

Joburg is overwhelmed by low skilled immigrants - that's not attractive anywhere in the world. Cape Town is the furthest city in SA from the rest of the continent and us therefore insulated from this sort of mass migration.

Wassup smiley

Morpheus24 wants to be a South African so bad but he doesn't even understand the dynamics.It sucks to be so obsessed with something and still be so ignorant about it.Does this guy even know that the level of racism in Cape Town is unsurpassable? What he's said about Johannesburg is untrue because despite the load of baggage (crime, poverty, infrastructural decay) immigrants have brought to the city,it still remains the most cosmopolitan city in the entire SA where you can click with any social group of your choosing.Can't say the same thing about CPT.

3 Likes

Re: Johanesburg More Xenophobic Than Capetown. Travellers To Sa! by IronGalaxy: 12:52pm On Feb 02, 2022
morpheus24:

Thats not true. There are plenty Nigerians in capetown as well. I don't elieve thats why its less xenophobic.

Might have something to do with less Zulu people there, don't you think?
Another South Africa thread, anothr Morpheaus rant...talk about being obsessed sha!

1 Like

Re: Johanesburg More Xenophobic Than Capetown. Travellers To Sa! by IronGalaxy: 12:53pm On Feb 02, 2022
TjoBATHONG:

Heita fede kanjani mfethu? smiley
Re: Johanesburg More Xenophobic Than Capetown. Travellers To Sa! by JaceBlaze: 1:49pm On Feb 02, 2022
Babakenny:
As far as am concerned, xenophobia is everywhere here. Just last week, my friend that stays in Sunnyside said they arrested almost 500 Nigerians just for nothing. The worst case scenario is that, xenophobia is worst in locations than townships or what we normally called surburbs.

What really amazes me among the black South Africans is that, the moment you speak English, they start looking at you as if you have committed an offence by speaking English. Locations in Barcelona, Etwatwa, Daveyton and the one called zenzele where I normally pass while going to work are very worst in being xenophobic.

The truth is, black South Africans are very insecure due to their large mass illiteracy. Majority are not educated and they depend largely on government grants. They're too lazy, wanting their government to provide everything for them. Imagine the free RDP houses that government builds for them in all the locations.

So coming here to work, is like taking the jobs from them, meanwhile, THEY DON'T HAVE QUALIFICATIONS FOR THOSE JOBS. So, who is to be blame for most South Africans youths not going to school? Its because they're too lazy to study, chasing after small small girls in a shebeen and smoking dagga in all the corners. They like standing on the roadside, wasting their future. They hate school. So when Nigerians comes here with all the degrees and ambitions, they become jealous and start being xenophobic against us. And unfortunately,Nigerians have got big black mambas under their trousers..lol, so their women loves us. I can't shout!!

South African blacks are 100years behind!!
They make life uneasy for foreigners. But Nigerians don't treat foreigners badly back home in Naija. We love foreigners back home in Nigeria. Naija till I die!!!

You sure you are educated? lipsrsealed

Never seen so much ignorance coming from a single comment.

3 Likes

Re: Johanesburg More Xenophobic Than Capetown. Travellers To Sa! by IronGalaxy: 1:54pm On Feb 02, 2022
Babakenny:
As far as am concerned, xenophobia is everywhere here. Just last week, my friend that stays in Sunnyside said they arrested almost 500 Nigerians just for nothing. The worst case scenario is that, xenophobia is worst in locations than townships or what we normally called surburbs.

What really amazes me among the black South Africans is that, the moment you speak English, they start looking at you as if you have committed an offence by speaking English. Locations in Barcelona, Etwatwa, Daveyton and the one called zenzele where I normally pass while going to work are very worst in being xenophobic.

[b]The truth is, black South Africans are very insecure due to their large mass illiteracy. [/b]Majority are not educated and they depend largely on government grants. They're too lazy, wanting their government to provide everything for them. Imagine the free RDP houses that government builds for them in all the locations.

So coming here to work, is like taking the jobs from them, meanwhile, THEY DON'T HAVE QUALIFICATIONS FOR THOSE JOBS. So, who is to be blame for most South Africans youths not going to school? Its because they're too lazy to study, chasing after small small girls in a shebeen and smoking dagga in all the corners. They like standing on the roadside, wasting their future. They hate school. So when Nigerians comes here with all the degrees and ambitions, they become jealous and start being xenophobic against us. And unfortunately,Nigerians have got big black mambas under their trousers..lol, so their women loves us. I can't shout!!

They make life uneasy for foreigners. But Nigerians don't treat foreigners badly back home in Naija. We love foreigners back home in Nigeria. Naija till I die!!!
Stop lying..

3 Likes

Re: Johanesburg More Xenophobic Than Capetown. Travellers To Sa! by JaceBlaze: 2:22pm On Feb 02, 2022
Babakenny:
And that's why majority of my friends here are white South African, very educated and exposed. In my work place, I don't mingle much with black southy, but the white guys are my close pals. So you see, some of us have strong ties here, like being married to a southy woman and having kids and houses here. So we can't just leave everything and go.

Fortunately, this country is very beautiful, if not for the xenophobic life and the high level of crimes everywhere. We live in fear of unknown. Nigeria is still the best country where you don't have to worry for the fear of unknown. I love my country Naija.

I have been to different countries of the world, USA,Canada, France, Australia,Germany, China, Isreal, UK, Argentina, Brazil, UAE and Senegal. All those countries cannot be compared to the hospitality a Nigerian man will show you in Naija.
I rest my case!!! O da bo!!!

It's not so much that you don't want to mingle with black South Africans,it was after you got rejected from black social circles that the only option you had was to suck up to the white "pals" lol.White South Africans are not more educated than black South Africans,ask your white "pals" why they always prefer being presented by black lawyers in the courts.Being married to a South African woman doesn't strengthen whatever ties you think you have with SA lol.

You fear the unknown yet you are still here? But Naija is safer than here? ...okay lol.

You have been to all these wonderful countries but at the end you could only end up stuck in a "xenophobic" one? shocked grin

Chai I smell bogus shit in here y'all.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Johanesburg More Xenophobic Than Capetown. Travellers To Sa! by JaceBlaze: 2:26pm On Feb 02, 2022

The irony of what you have said is "most of them are not educated". For your information only 2% of Nigeria in South Africa are educated and in the legal employment the rest are illiterates who are roaming around selling God knows what. I for one believe the word Xenophobia was popularized to put South Africans in check as they are trying too hard to be the most democratic and politically correct country because of particularly their former President Thabo Mbeki. When in reality that's impossible especially in Africa. Not even the first world countries are achieving close to that except Britain but see what is becoming of Britain? A mass!

To me as a Botswana citizen ffvckkk Xenophobia! You come into my country behave and follow the rules or fvvvkk off, our police would have not only just arrested that 500 but deported it too like last year. And your president would jump up and down and up giving up. You mention anything from Sunnyside, Hillbrow, Seaport, Point, etc? And fail to be honest of what the Nigeria's have turned those once high value suburbs into hell holes where drugs, prostution and scams are done. Until South Africa restores those areas to habitable suburbs that the were before Nigeria's took over their war against lawlessness is far from over. Steve Tshwete the late Minister of Police was on track before he died but hopefully their government will once again start the operation. Most Nigeria's living there are illegal immigraits.

Xenophobic or not South Africa has already lost their plight to uncouth immigrants. I think they are just awakening now, hopefully its not to late.

The truth is for some reason Southern African countries especially South Africa has attracted the worst of Nigeria's crop. Loud, chest beating, not law abiding and tend to insult and undermine their host which is something that even the South Western of Nigeria seem to be experiencing.

I pray South Africa gets this right as they are the leaders in our Southern African block so we need them to have balls of steel and curb this lunacy. Thank you!

Let the truth be known.I know they not trying to hear it tho.

1 Like

Re: Johanesburg More Xenophobic Than Capetown. Travellers To Sa! by IronGalaxy: 2:32pm On Feb 02, 2022

@@Bolder. Why do you people get so much bothered by the South African government taking care of its citizen whether by giving free houses or grants to its citizens? How is this your problem? Who pays the tax in that country not its citizens? And do you know how many taxes an average South African pays? From Income tax, Pay as you earn, Vat, Sin taxes, Fuel taxes, rates, levys etc? Why is it wrong then for the government to invest it back to its citizen, if not where would all the money not spend will end up? In the thieving politicians pockets and nothing to show for its citizens.

And by the way, since you are 100 years current, educated, hardworking etc and as they say you cannot change someone else but yourself, why not pack your victimised or attacked self to the nicer people's countries and leave the xenophobes to themselves. If you are soo bothered by South African you could fill a page with insults and complaints, what are you doing there? Na by force, they make you stay there when your heavenly Naija is there?You expect them to change for you or rather you change your location? You are on a long thing. Let me tell you, though the SA government is gearing up to be very hard on its immigration policy and are putting billions to police and monitor for the next five years so you better do something and stop complaining about everyone and everything except some of you people who have created
the image you adorn. undecided
Amen

1 Like

Re: Johanesburg More Xenophobic Than Capetown. Travellers To Sa! by JaceBlaze: 2:44pm On Feb 02, 2022
Babakenny:

The truth is, black South Africans are very insecure due to their large mass illiteracy. Majority are not educated and they depend largely on government grants. They're too lazy, wanting their government to provide everything for them. Imagine the free RDP houses that government builds for them in all the locations.

There's too little number of innocent Nigerians in Sunnyside so I don't think it was for nothing, especially since that place turned into a drug haven after the arrival of your kinfolks.African Americans only speak English but they mingle so well with the locals, perhaps it's high time you checked your behaviour.

Probably because you were speaking English with that thick Nigerian accent,and it's a known fact that Nigerians aren't liked that much down here because of the crime they have brought here.

Nope, Nigerians are amongst the most uneducated people in Africa with illiteracy rate of over 60% so you're just blowing hot smoke with this one.Those government houses are afforded to the poor courtesy of hard-working South African tax money so I don't know why it bothers you so much.

Foreigners have had it worst in whatever caves they came from so how are we the ones making their lives unliveable? Aren't those the same people who ran away from their own dictators?

2 Likes

Re: Johanesburg More Xenophobic Than Capetown. Travellers To Sa! by IronGalaxy: 2:47pm On Feb 02, 2022
JaceBlaze:

It's not so much that you don't want to mingle with black South Africans,it was after you got rejected from black social circles that the only option you had was to suck up to the white "pals" lol.White South Africans are not more educated than black South Africans,ask your white "pals" why they always prefer being presented by black lawyers in the courts.Being married to a South African woman doesn't strengthen whatever ties you think you have with SA lol.

You fear the unknown yet you are still here? But Naija is safer than here? ...okay lol.

You have been to all these wonderful countries but at the end you could only end up stuck in a "xenophobic" one? shocked grin

He's lying

2 Likes

Re: Johanesburg More Xenophobic Than Capetown. Travellers To Sa! by YEBOmadiba: 3:16pm On Feb 02, 2022
fergie001:
@tmkSouth

Mandisa Maya is interviewing for CJ.....She just walked in/

cool

Fergielicious wink

Re: Johanesburg More Xenophobic Than Capetown. Travellers To Sa! by JaceBlaze: 3:19pm On Feb 02, 2022
IronGalaxy:
He's lying

They all do,including that phoney Morpheus character.

2 Likes

Re: Johanesburg More Xenophobic Than Capetown. Travellers To Sa! by fergie001: 3:19pm On Feb 02, 2022
YEBOmadiba:

Fergielicious wink
I am happy for her....
First woman to be elevated to the Supreme Court of Appeal bench!
First woman Judge to sit on the SCA bench when pregnant.

She has won my heart already/
Any of Maya or Madlanga then kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Johanesburg More Xenophobic Than Capetown. Travellers To Sa! by YEBOmadiba: 3:22pm On Feb 02, 2022
JaceBlaze:

You sure you are educated? lipsrsealed

Never seen so much ignorance coming from a single comment.

These ones are addicted to the words 'lazy' and 'illiterate'.

900 000 students each year - a 60th of the SA population - seeking funding to study in higher education cool

There's a great thirst for knowledge and career development in SA, and then second-hand street vendors are gonna call SA people illiterate, lazy and jealous. angry

1 Like

Re: Johanesburg More Xenophobic Than Capetown. Travellers To Sa! by IronGalaxy: 3:23pm On Feb 02, 2022
morpheus24:

By loud, do you mean assertive cause I know Nigerians are no push overs and did not come to SA to come and lick any Black saffers azz as they so wish.

No, no, no...by "loud" she meant "loud" ..don't try to spin this Phony Morphy grin

1 Like

Re: Johanesburg More Xenophobic Than Capetown. Travellers To Sa! by YEBOmadiba: 3:24pm On Feb 02, 2022
fergie001:

I am happy for her....
First woman to be elevated to the Supreme Court of Appeal bench!
First woman Judge to sit on the SCA bench when pregnant.

She has won my heart already/

I'm not following Live but don't you think Zondo 'The Voice's has an advantage over everyone else cheesy? Among the public opinion coz he's the most famous and he sent Zuma to jail cool

Re: Johanesburg More Xenophobic Than Capetown. Travellers To Sa! by fergie001: 3:28pm On Feb 02, 2022
YEBOmadiba:
I'm not following Live but don't you think Zondo 'The Voice's has an advantage over everyone else cheesy? Among the public opinion coz he's the most famous and he sent Zuma to jail cool
My bias ...I just prefer Madlanga.

Are Judges suppose to be popular? grin
They are not politicians grin
Re: Johanesburg More Xenophobic Than Capetown. Travellers To Sa! by YEBOmadiba: 3:30pm On Feb 02, 2022
JaceBlaze:

He wrote that in 2014, but spoke too soon coz check the levels of insecurity Nigeria has experienced since - it's off the charts.

I don't know where they get this concept that every white person and their cat are smarter than black South Africans - whites only get jobs coz they help each other out (it's been like that since they arrived in SA in 1652 - they intentionally overlook people of other races). It's a global issue, but then again Nigerians and white butt licking are like 5&6.

1 Like

Re: Johanesburg More Xenophobic Than Capetown. Travellers To Sa! by morpheus101: 3:32pm On Feb 02, 2022
TjoBATHONG:

Look at you responding to a post that is very old(2013) in 2022, when we know that situations have continually changed in terms of the dynamics of both cities.

Please stop fishing out old posts when it is obvious they were done when you just finished standard 12
Re: Johanesburg More Xenophobic Than Capetown. Travellers To Sa! by YEBOmadiba: 3:35pm On Feb 02, 2022
fergie001:

My bias ...I just prefer Madlanga.

Are Judges suppose to be popular? grin
They are not politicians grin

It's RamaP's decision to make but of course he'll have one eye on the public mood.

This public interviewing spectacle is not foolproof though - check how we're now stuck with an incompetent and politically compromised Public Protector - Busisiwe Mkhwebane. The public and EFF were like "let's give a black child a leg up" - she's now showing us flames grin
Re: Johanesburg More Xenophobic Than Capetown. Travellers To Sa! by morpheus101: 3:35pm On Feb 02, 2022
JaceBlaze:

Wassup smiley

Morpheus24 wants to be a South African so bad but he doesn't even understand the dynamics. It sucks to be so obsessed with something and still be so ignorant about it.Does this guy even know that the level of racism in Cape Town is unsurpassable? What he's said about Johannesburg is untrue because despite the load of baggage (crime, poverty, infrastructural decay) immigrants have brought to the city,it still remains the most cosmopolitan city in the entire SA where you can click with any social group of your choosing.Can't say the same thing about CPT.

yes and you are responding to a post that is about 10 years old which if we subtract the time from your present age would put you in your teens.

How pathetic are you guys to pull info from 2014 trying to find info on me so you can find something relevant to talk about.

Really sad no. it does however expose how terrified you are of me.
Re: Johanesburg More Xenophobic Than Capetown. Travellers To Sa! by YEBOmadiba: 3:42pm On Feb 02, 2022
morpheus101:

Look at you responding to a post that is very old(2013) in 2022, when we know that situations have continually changed in terms of the dinamics of both cities.

Please stop fishing out old posts when it is obvious they were done when you just finished standard 12

What change does it make that it's a thread from 2014 - xenophobic attacks were happening as early as 2008 in Johannesburg, and Hillbrow was hijacked by Nigerians as early as the 1990s. That's why you felt xenophobia then but your diagnosis was totally wrong, but if we told u so back then you would have put up a fight just as u do daily here with current issues like Mashaba.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UCC Offers Nigerians Qatar Work Visa For Free. / Unilag Guest House Rooms Rates,pls Help / Experience Of An Icelander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.