Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? (22111 Views)

Sending Executable Files Through Gmail / Is Yahoo Mail Down? (Temporary Error 1) / Internet Explorer And Yahoo Mail: 'Error On Page' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Anuoluwap(m): 9:31pm On Sep 05, 2013
Talking of effectiveness, services offered, speed, flexibility, appearance, layout and other factors. No doubt, they are both good but which one do you prefer?

Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Kowoski(m): 1:29am On Sep 06, 2013
Well for me i would say Gmail[color=#006600][/color]

1 Like

Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by echibuzor: 2:36am On Sep 06, 2013
GMail all the way.. Yahoo is way too slow, upload na wahala, download sef na gengen, if you dont have fast broadband, your own don finish be dat.. Also I love the Compose Mail style that gmail employs, makes you feel like u are chatting, there was a day I was trying to send a document, I was so busy typing the accompanying message that I forgot to attach the file, but gmail told me to attach it because i had started the message with 'Please find attached'... About the Layout.. I dont care...

26 Likes

Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Anuoluwap(m): 2:40am On Sep 06, 2013
echibuzor: GMail all the way.. Yahoo is way too slow, upload na wahala, download sef na gengen, if you dont have fast broadband, your own don finish be dat.. Also I love the Compose Mail style that gmail employs, makes you feel like u are chatting, there was a day I was trying to send a document, I was so busy typing the accompanying message that I forgot to attach the file, but gmail told me to attach it because i had started the message with 'Please find attached'... About the Layout.. I dont care...
sometimes I find it difficult to add attachments using gmail

4 Likes

Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by echibuzor: 2:55am On Sep 06, 2013
Anuoluwap:
Its quite easy, infact now that you mentioned, that one more thing it has over yahoo, you can add as much as ten files (sum < 25mb) in one operation instead of the merry-go-round approach of Yahoo... infact if I had to choose another mail provider after gmail, it wont be yahoo..

1 Like

Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 06, 2013
Gmail is superb !!

Yahoowetin .....!!!

1 Like

Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Afam4eva(m): 5:36pm On Sep 06, 2013
GMAIL by far...these days i get shocked when people tell me that they still use Yahoo. How can you be plaiting kpatewo hairstyle when there's Brazillian weave grin

12 Likes

Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Afam4eva(m): 5:37pm On Sep 06, 2013
Anuoluwap:
I find it hard to believe because Gmail's attachment system is wayy better and swifter than that of Yahoo. I think what you intended to say is "I don't know how to attach files in Gmail".

7 Likes

Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 06, 2013
I use both, so I'll say yahoo (mainly because I've used it for yearrssss)

3 Likes

Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Anuoluwap(m): 9:14pm On Sep 06, 2013
Afam4eva:
I find it hard to believe because Gmail's attachment system is wayy better and swifter than that of Yahoo. I think what you intended to say is "I don't know how to attach files in Gmail".
lol. I know how
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Vires: 10:53pm On Sep 06, 2013
I have 2 android phones, the first one I bought almost 3 years ago, yet I have never used gmail for anything, aside from downloading applications for the phones

May be because I've had yahoo id for years

1 Like

Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by AbuMikey(m): 10:48am On Sep 07, 2013
I use both,prefer non over the other,but prefer them over [size=24pt]hotmail.[/size]
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by JMOI: 10:49am On Sep 07, 2013
Gmail of course

1 Like

Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Codedrock(m): 10:49am On Sep 07, 2013
Talking of services Yahoo is the best and talking of quality and popularity yahoo has it.. Talking Of Customization gmail is the best for mobile/pc.. But actually i kinda prefer gmail beta dan yahoo this days.. if you think wat i tink LIKE THIS.

1 Like

Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by israel007: 10:50am On Sep 07, 2013
GMail!

What's yahoo!

Yahoo is slow, takes forever to attach files. Gmail Opens on my mobile unlike yahoo that always directs me to desktop.

Gmail is so user-friendly

16 Likes

Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Afam4eva(m): 10:50am On Sep 07, 2013
I forgot to add that Gmail is more responsive.

2 Likes

Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 07, 2013
Gmail all the way... I abandoned yahoo long ago when I couldn't log in via mobile devices...

Yahoo is TTOOO bogus and they have lost their bearing in the social media.

This should be a lesson to other business owners... There is always a competition. Only those who offer effective services will survive...

Nairaland, beware!!!!!!

16 Likes

Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by jerryice(m): 10:51am On Sep 07, 2013
GMAIL OOOOooOOOOOOooOOooOoOo grin
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by cashkid18(m): 10:51am On Sep 07, 2013
wat of hotmail
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Bizibi(m): 10:51am On Sep 07, 2013
Gmail is way easier and less stressful to use so gmail is the best
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 07, 2013
Haba! Why even ask? GMAIL! all the way. Some site's actually don't allow registration from users with Yahoo mail undecided

Anything Yahoo(yahoo branded, not bought buy yahoo) is whack and a better one is out there.
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by BlessedFellow: 10:52am On Sep 07, 2013
When signing in, Yahoo loads faster than Gmail. When uploading documents, Gmail is faster than Yahoo.

I think Gmail is better than Yahoo!!!

1 Like

Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by zumarock8(m): 10:52am On Sep 07, 2013
gMAIL ALL the way.
if u chose yahoomail
then its sure END TIME things for u

mukina na one eye i dey take watch u from 3D

ANYBODY WERE PLAN TO BAN ME holly GHOST!!!!!![i][/i]

4 Likes

Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by MEILYN(m): 10:52am On Sep 07, 2013
i use both, Gmail is the best ever, very easy to navigate/use...although the web design is not fine like Yahoo.

FINANCIAL FREEDOM.
WOW, POVERTY IS A DISEASE, GET RID OF IT FAST.

https://www.nairaland.com/1425137/earn-50k-above-month-easily
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Afam4eva(m): 10:53am On Sep 07, 2013
2s£xy:
Gmail all the way... I abandoned yahoo long ago when I couldn't log in via mobile devices...

Yahoo is TTOOO bogus and they have lost their bearing in the social media.

This should be a lesson to other business owners... There is always a competition. Only those who offer effective services will survive...

Nairaland, beware!!!!!!
Simplicity is the key and that is what has won Gmail a lot of new users. The theatrics of Yahoo is woo much.

1 Like

Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 07, 2013
I use both but I've used yahoo way longer than gmail. I think gmail is better on mobile
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 07, 2013
Gmail by far!
Yahoo issues: Security, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM

6 Likes

Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by slap1(m): 10:56am On Sep 07, 2013
G-mail all day long!
Yahoo! is insulting. Imagine telling an adult like me that I don't know my username/password, something I used the previous day!

18 Likes

Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Davo93(m): 10:57am On Sep 07, 2013
I prefer GMAIL when am on mobile phone coz it is easier to access and fast but Yahoo Mail when on computer. But i find it difficult most times to attach on mobile GMAIL except i use the GMAIL app. Also, Yahoo Mail do need a lotta verification to access both on her mobile and desktop versions.

By the way, i know topics like this won't generate much traffic when it is not about Tonto Dikeh, My Oga @ the top or GEJ... SMH undecided
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Harbiurlah(f): 10:57am On Sep 07, 2013
I prefer Gmail to Yahoo mail.

1 Like

Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Orikinla(m): 10:58am On Sep 07, 2013
Both.
But Gmail is more secure.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Broadband Internet Services in Nigeria / See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade / What Laptop Type And Specs Would Be Suitable For This Purpose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.