Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,153 members, 7,780,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:47 AM

Jonathan Inaugurates First In-vitro Diagnostic Laboratory In West Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Inaugurates First In-vitro Diagnostic Laboratory In West Africa (7104 Views)

Patience Jonathan Inaugurates Skill Acquisition Centre In Abuja (photos) / Jonathan Inaugurates Kano Bridge, Names It After Late Emir / Patience Jonathan Inaugurates 'NNS Thunder' A War Ship On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Inaugurates First In-vitro Diagnostic Laboratory In West Africa by anonimi: 7:59am On Sep 06, 2013
AS part of efforts aimed at achieving the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) on health, which is largely dependent on a strengthened health system and ensure zero tolerance to the existence of substandard, fake or adulterated products in the country, President Goodluck Jonathan Thursday in Yaba, Lagos, inaugurated the first in-vitro diagnostics control laboratory in West Africa.

The Federal Government, through the Federal Ministry of Health (FMoH) via the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria (MLSCN), established the Public Health In-Vitro Diagnostic Control Laboratory.

Jonathan who was represented by the Minister of Health, Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu, said the feat which marks the beginning of a new era in the production, importation, storage and sale of diagnostic laboratory reagents and chemicals in Nigeria was necessitated by the general principle underlying the transformation agenda of the Federal Government.

Also, determined to stem the enormous capital flight due to increased medical tourism and avoidable stress experienced by Nigerians in that respect, Chukwu yesterday commissioned the Medical Art Centre (MART) Medicare World Class Maternity Suites and Genetics Diagnostic Centre at Maryland, Lagos.

Jonathan said: “The health laboratories which play a pivotal role in diagnosis and monitoring of diseases rely on the availability of the highest possible quality of personnel, equipment, reagents and chemicals to produce consistently reliable results for the correct diagnosis and proper monitoring of many disease conditions.

“For this, there cannot be anything other than zero tolerance to substandard practices or equipment or diagnostic reagents and chemicals. Doing otherwise would have a hugely negative impact on the health of our citizens. “I am happy to note therefore, that in establishing this laboratory, the MLSCN has substantially carried out my directives to all our standards and regulatory agencies when they met with me early in the life of this administration to give full effect to our declared zero tolerance to the existence of substandard, fake or adulterated products in the country, be they food, drugs, laboratory reagents and chemicals or even household consumer items.”

Mr. President said the facility would strengthen the regulatory function of the MLSCN with respect to the verification, validation, listing and registration of in-vitro laboratory diagnostics and attainment of its key performance indicators, which must necessarily be similar to those of other regulatory agencies in the country.

Chukwu said the inauguration of the MART Medicare Maternity Suites and Genetics Diagnostic Centre set up by the Joint Pioneer of Test Tube Baby in Nigeria and Adjunct Professor from the University of Illinois Chicago, United States, Prof. Oladapo Ashiru, epitomises the height of response to government’s clarion call for enhanced private sector participation in health care delivery in Nigeria enshrined in the transformation agenda.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/national-news/132030-jonathan-inaugurates-first-in-vitro-diagnostic-laboratory-in-west-africa

The president continues to march on reviving our rotten infrastructures and making policies for improved living standards for Nigerians all over the country through gigantic, big & small measures everyday.
Meanwhile those who believe they are born-to-rule continue formenting trouble through terrorists and political traitors in-house, trying to distract the president from the needed transformation of the decay he inherited just three years ago.

What kind of prayer can one say for such people who want to drag us back and hold us down as they have done for the almost four decades that they effectively had power at the centre

18 Likes

Re: Jonathan Inaugurates First In-vitro Diagnostic Laboratory In West Africa by rozayx5(m): 9:34am On Sep 06, 2013
Nice one, Fresh Air continues

wish we had more "clueless" past leaders, our Federal Highways and power situation would have improved over the years

by the way am i first tongue

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Inaugurates First In-vitro Diagnostic Laboratory In West Africa by fpeter(f): 9:34am On Sep 06, 2013
i see
Re: Jonathan Inaugurates First In-vitro Diagnostic Laboratory In West Africa by abatajjvii: 9:35am On Sep 06, 2013
undecided
shocked

undecided
cry
angry
Re: Jonathan Inaugurates First In-vitro Diagnostic Laboratory In West Africa by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 06, 2013
More fresh Air
Re: Jonathan Inaugurates First In-vitro Diagnostic Laboratory In West Africa by Harrisonn(m): 9:37am On Sep 06, 2013
SUPER STORY . grin grin

grin grin
Re: Jonathan Inaugurates First In-vitro Diagnostic Laboratory In West Africa by Lordave: 9:39am On Sep 06, 2013
Inauguration after inauguration!
Chei! Fresh Air na so you sweet reach?

I'm afraid this man (GEJ) might inaugurate a first world class project.
Re: Jonathan Inaugurates First In-vitro Diagnostic Laboratory In West Africa by momodub: 9:40am On Sep 06, 2013
shocked nice one presido
Re: Jonathan Inaugurates First In-vitro Diagnostic Laboratory In West Africa by dokunbam(m): 9:40am On Sep 06, 2013
politics of he highest order
Re: Jonathan Inaugurates First In-vitro Diagnostic Laboratory In West Africa by taharqa: 9:42am On Sep 06, 2013
GEJ continue to do the Good works...continue to Shame d Witchesses and Wizaardes. We dey your back..

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Inaugurates First In-vitro Diagnostic Laboratory In West Africa by taharqa: 9:43am On Sep 06, 2013
dokunbam: politics of he highest order
Yea, you are right. Politics...but I like this kind of Politics. Politics of Development..

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Inaugurates First In-vitro Diagnostic Laboratory In West Africa by kingofpool: 9:46am On Sep 06, 2013
Today is rili gonna be a gr8 day for me......i woked up dis mornin rememberin dat i did have a dream wia i made it to front page, not only dat but also 1st to comment.....God is gud,

Dedication.....
I dedicate dis my unceasin effort to be hia 2day nd to be 1st to comment to God who made it possible by givin me life,and to my pastor who told me 2day is gonna be a gr8 day 4 me, and to my family memberx 4 wakin me up early nd askd me any latex news 4rm nairaland,and to seun 4 his undiein dream to creat nairaland wich is a reality 2day, to de moderator who shall not ban me after dis, and to all nairaland memberx 4 readin it, and lastly to mtn whom dey stupid network did not mess up dis mornin...... tank u all

Outro:: topic... I can fresh air evry wia.....haterx keep hatin all of ya re hand breakerx nd bad belle kissin machinex

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Inaugurates First In-vitro Diagnostic Laboratory In West Africa by moodswing(m): 9:50am On Sep 06, 2013
God blessed us with a great president.

Thank you Jesus

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Inaugurates First In-vitro Diagnostic Laboratory In West Africa by chimchim1(m): 9:53am On Sep 06, 2013
Booked
Re: Jonathan Inaugurates First In-vitro Diagnostic Laboratory In West Africa by petrov10: 9:53am On Sep 06, 2013
Sweet ....Mr president ride on siire
Re: Jonathan Inaugurates First In-vitro Diagnostic Laboratory In West Africa by Harrisonn(m): 9:55am On Sep 06, 2013
king of pool: Today is rili gonna be a gr8 day for me......i woked up dis mornin rememberin dat i did have a dream wia i made it to front page, not only dat but also 1st to comment.....God is gud,

Dedication.....
I dedicate dis my unceasin effort to be hia 2day nd to be 1st to comment to God who made it possible by givin me life,and to my pastor who told me 2day is gonna be a gr8 day 4 me, and to my family memberx 4 wakin me up early nd askd me any latex news 4rm nairaland,and to seun 4 his undiein dream to creat nairaland wich is a reality 2day, to de moderator who shall not ban me after dis, and to all nairaland memberx 4 readin it, and lastly to mtn whom dey stupid network did not mess up dis mornin...... tank u all

Outro:: topic... I can fresh air evry wia.....haterx keep hatin all of ya re hand breakerx nd bad belle kissin machinex

What's this one saying?? first to comment ke?? Abe na C1 you dey used grin grin
Re: Jonathan Inaugurates First In-vitro Diagnostic Laboratory In West Africa by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 06, 2013
FRESH AIR 2015-2019
Re: Jonathan Inaugurates First In-vitro Diagnostic Laboratory In West Africa by dridowu: 10:06am On Sep 06, 2013
Inaugurate = Good
Maintanance = Bad
Re: Jonathan Inaugurates First In-vitro Diagnostic Laboratory In West Africa by theshadyexpress(m): 10:09am On Sep 06, 2013
Jonathan on point.....keep making life hard for the haterz and kill em off in 2015.
fresh air mode activated

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Inaugurates First In-vitro Diagnostic Laboratory In West Africa by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 06, 2013
Long overdue.. wonder why y'all are celebrating it undecided

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Inaugurates First In-vitro Diagnostic Laboratory In West Africa by Chibuike347: 10:19am On Sep 06, 2013
Nigerians are getting wiser everyday so Gej u got our support dnt mind d apc nd factions.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Inaugurates First In-vitro Diagnostic Laboratory In West Africa by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 06, 2013
The job listed by Mr Minister is the sole responsibility of NAFDAC and SON.

However, a standard laboratory for the institute is not a bad idea..
Re: Jonathan Inaugurates First In-vitro Diagnostic Laboratory In West Africa by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 06, 2013
btw, do people really understand the scientific term - "invitro" ?

I doubt...
Re: Jonathan Inaugurates First In-vitro Diagnostic Laboratory In West Africa by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 06, 2013
king of pool: Today is rili gonna be a gr8 day for me......i woked up dis mornin rememberin dat i did have a dream wia i made it to front page, not only dat but also 1st to comment.....God is gud,

Dedication.....

Singing: 'since i was born, and now that i am growing old, i have never seen this kind of mumu'
Re: Jonathan Inaugurates First In-vitro Diagnostic Laboratory In West Africa by tomakint: 10:25am On Sep 06, 2013
Another FIRST from the staple of the man of the moment, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Inaugurates First In-vitro Diagnostic Laboratory In West Africa by israel007: 10:30am On Sep 06, 2013
And yet you tell me this guy isn't working?

GEJ you have my undying admiration

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Inaugurates First In-vitro Diagnostic Laboratory In West Africa by tomakint: 10:30am On Sep 06, 2013
9ja_Hottest_Gay:
Singing: 'since i was born, and now that i am growing old, i have never seen this kind of mumu'
cheesy cheesy You are the real choirmaster, another one is a counterfeit! grin grin
Re: Jonathan Inaugurates First In-vitro Diagnostic Laboratory In West Africa by chimchim1(m): 10:38am On Sep 06, 2013
The question is "what is this in vitro diagnostic lab going to offer? I am a clinical embryologist and dtz why I want to know what makes it 1st of its kind?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Inaugurates First In-vitro Diagnostic Laboratory In West Africa by GenWOJUOLA(m): 10:40am On Sep 06, 2013
dridowu: Inaugurate = Good
Maintanance = Bad
dats d bad thing about naija...
But nice one there GEJ... Keep up d good works and forget abt d r7...

#FreshAir

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Inaugurates First In-vitro Diagnostic Laboratory In West Africa by pststeve: 10:45am On Sep 06, 2013
the president is a blessin 2 naija. keep doing it nd the people will do it in 2015.
Re: Jonathan Inaugurates First In-vitro Diagnostic Laboratory In West Africa by nijanigga: 10:56am On Sep 06, 2013
pst steve :
the president is a blessin 2 naija. keep doing it nd the people will do it in 2015.
With poverty flying every where? the crumbs you picked under his table will soon finish.
Re: Jonathan Inaugurates First In-vitro Diagnostic Laboratory In West Africa by texazzpete(m): 12:08pm On Sep 06, 2013
anonimi:

The president continues to march on reviving our rotten infrastructures and making policies for improved living standards for Nigerians all over the country through gigantic, big & small measures everyday.
Meanwhile those who believe they are born-to-rule continue formenting trouble through terrorists and political traitors in-house, trying to distract the president from the needed transformation of the decay he inherited just three years ago.

What kind of prayer can one say for such people who want to drag us back and hold us down as they have done for the almost four decades that they effectively had power at the centre

Interesting.
From railing against hooligans in power to being an official mouthpiece of the presidency....

The power of brown envelopes!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Town In Kano State Founded By An Igbo Man / Osinbajo Lauds Ugwuanyi On Entrepreneurship Programmes / Terrorists Seen Heading To Abuja From Kogi State (Video, Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.