Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Just 34 Lions Are Left In Nigeria As West African Lion Population Declines - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Just 34 Lions Are Left In Nigeria As West African Lion Population Declines (23902 Views)

The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) / Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} / Woman Kisses Two Lions In South Africa (VIDEO And Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just 34 Lions Are Left In Nigeria As West African Lion Population Declines by Badosqi(m): 2:35pm On Sep 23, 2013
Screwface: I hope they counted the ones in the University Of Ibadan zoo? I saw about 4-6 of them two weeks ago when I went sight-seeing, and oh boy, I almost wet my trousies with my urinecheesycheesy
Those faces are not just mean, they are MEANgrin
They are talking abt lions in d bush not caged lions

1 Like

Re: Just 34 Lions Are Left In Nigeria As West African Lion Population Declines by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 23, 2013
Vincent 4:

plus Akpos = 35 lions...hahahahahhaha
dude u quoted d whole article jus for a punny joke dat aint funny? Ur a nitwit

1 Like

Re: Just 34 Lions Are Left In Nigeria As West African Lion Population Declines by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 23, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1217080/woman-killed-lion-during-sex#14632207

Kill them all who cares. Humans are very bizarre. Just wondering if animals held talk about preserving the human race lol .....
Re: Just 34 Lions Are Left In Nigeria As West African Lion Population Declines by creativemusic: 2:37pm On Sep 23, 2013
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Just 34 Lions Are Left In Nigeria As West African Lion Population Declines by ceejayluv(m): 2:38pm On Sep 23, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: so we should put our life at risk because of some oyinbo tourists? Please I'm ready to give them the remaining one they should go with them and visit them over there nonsense. Why did they(onyibo) kill all the wolves? We want roads and infrastructures .Africa is not a zoo .where we are supposed to maintain the wildlife and slow down our development . Go check our Brazilian are cutting the Amazonian forest daily? Yet they will come and tell u that u shouldn't cut trees or u should preserve your forest.
Just keep quiet dude. Talking of dangerous animals, you should mention mosquitoes. tourism is a potentially viable sector. Not only for foreigners, but internal tourism as well.
Re: Just 34 Lions Are Left In Nigeria As West African Lion Population Declines by ceejayluv(m): 2:44pm On Sep 23, 2013
mayten30: and even if we have 600 lions in nigeria how will that have positive effect on the country?how will that make poverty,un-employment,and some others to become a thing of the past?need a reasonable answer please,because at the END some of you may not understand that at this TIME in this country the amount of lions we have is not what matters but the bad THINGS that is going on in the country
Ever heard of conservation and Eco-tourism? How bout provision of employment opportunities for our zoology graduates at least.
Re: Just 34 Lions Are Left In Nigeria As West African Lion Population Declines by achi4u(m): 2:44pm On Sep 23, 2013
hon.Tim:
Who cares whether or not lion exist? We have more pressing issues 2 think about in Nigeria. D existence of too much lions in 9ja only endangers d life of Nigerians
chai!
na go kill person for laff
Re: Just 34 Lions Are Left In Nigeria As West African Lion Population Declines by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 23, 2013
ceejayluv:
Just keep quiet dude. Talking of dangerous animals, you should mention mosquitoes. tourism is a potentially viable sector. Not only for foreigners, but internal tourism as well.
so 34 is not enough? Oya tell me how much u want o attract tourists? How many people go to Paris to see lions ? U can attract people with something else I repeat Africa is not a zoo and wildlife should stop being our concern we are too far behind to care about wild and dangerous animals like lions .as for mosquitoes aren't we killing them with no mercy with sprays etc?
To conclude how many Nigerians have ever been to a zoo? How many times do they go let's say every year? Do the average Nigerians even go to a zoo. In fact list me 5 zoos in Naija without looking . Drop that empty talk, lions are not what makes the tourism industry.
Re: Just 34 Lions Are Left In Nigeria As West African Lion Population Declines by Freiburger(m): 2:44pm On Sep 23, 2013
Microwaved it and try it
No matter what we'll survive it
What's hu? what's man? what's human?
Anything along the land we consuming
Eatin', deletin', ruin
Trying to get paper
Gotta have land, gotta have acres
So I can sit back like Jack Nicholson
Watch niggas play the game like the lakers...

Nasir Jones
Re: Just 34 Lions Are Left In Nigeria As West African Lion Population Declines by jhames010(m): 2:51pm On Sep 23, 2013
And here I am planning to adopt o sad angry sadne.
Re: Just 34 Lions Are Left In Nigeria As West African Lion Population Declines by nerodenero: 2:54pm On Sep 23, 2013
Caracta:

Now, this is funny. Lmao...

@topic, the lions should be forced to mate so we can have more grin
grin grin grin
Re: Just 34 Lions Are Left In Nigeria As West African Lion Population Declines by 4reigningqueen: 2:56pm On Sep 23, 2013
They should release the remaining 34 and let them wander.They are probably not well taken of at the zoo.
Re: Just 34 Lions Are Left In Nigeria As West African Lion Population Declines by 3Dimension: 2:57pm On Sep 23, 2013
The lions will be conserved if they can be urinating fuel for the government.

Even human life is not valued not to talk of lion own

Btw if 34 lions attack some state? Oboi e...
Re: Just 34 Lions Are Left In Nigeria As West African Lion Population Declines by meccuno: 3:01pm On Sep 23, 2013
Afrobasic:

Sarcasm or retardation?
Both.... grin
Re: Just 34 Lions Are Left In Nigeria As West African Lion Population Declines by Freiburger(m): 3:03pm On Sep 23, 2013
jhames010: And here I am planning to adopt o sad angry sadne.
Hurry up. cheesy
Re: Just 34 Lions Are Left In Nigeria As West African Lion Population Declines by Rick9(m): 3:07pm On Sep 23, 2013
If only Snakes and Mosquitoes would go into Extinction
Re: Just 34 Lions Are Left In Nigeria As West African Lion Population Declines by ceejayluv(m): 3:13pm On Sep 23, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: so 34 is not enough? Oya tell me how much u want o attract tourists? How many people go to Paris to see lions ? U can attract people with something else I repeat Africa is not a zoo and wildlife should stop being our concern we are too far behind to care about wild and dangerous animals like lions .as for mosquitoes aren't we killing them with no mercy with sprays etc?
To conclude how many Nigerians have ever been to a zoo? How many times do they go let's say every year? Do the average Nigerians even go to a zoo. In fact list me 5 zoos in Naija without looking . Drop that empty talk, lions are not what makes the tourism industry.
Nigerians DO visit zoos. I was in the Ogba zoo in Benin few months ago. Although the zoo is sub-standard and there are only two lions there, you need to have seen the turnout of visitors that came to watch the lions being fed. now, imagine If it was a world class wildlife conservation. we've got the potential to make tourism a money-spinner and conservation of lions et al will significantly boost the wildlife Eco-tourism sector. Don't let your phobia for lions smother your judgement
Re: Just 34 Lions Are Left In Nigeria As West African Lion Population Declines by meccuno: 3:17pm On Sep 23, 2013
Nigeria has never been a serious country. why would the take a thing like the declining number of lions seriously.....we don't value what we have......
Re: Just 34 Lions Are Left In Nigeria As West African Lion Population Declines by Nobody: 3:23pm On Sep 23, 2013
ceejayluv:
Ever heard of conservation and Eco-tourism? How bout provision of employment opportunities for our zoology graduates at least.
how many zoo do we have?let them start with the foundation first,we have only very little zoo and u are talking about getting thousands of zoology graduate to get employed
Re: Just 34 Lions Are Left In Nigeria As West African Lion Population Declines by majekobaje1: 3:23pm On Sep 23, 2013
Hope those lion will fight 4 us durin de war abi ? Human life dey strugle 2 survif u dey talk of animal
Re: Just 34 Lions Are Left In Nigeria As West African Lion Population Declines by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:23pm On Sep 23, 2013
Where can I buy lion meat? I need to taste that wild beast
Re: Just 34 Lions Are Left In Nigeria As West African Lion Population Declines by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 23, 2013
Abeg make them release those 34 lions make dem go eat all our bad leaders up jare...no wonder if u go some zoo say u wan see lion na that time dem go tell you say dem dey give them injection.lmao
Re: Just 34 Lions Are Left In Nigeria As West African Lion Population Declines by ceejayluv(m): 3:36pm On Sep 23, 2013
mayten30: how many zoo do we have?let them start with the foundation first,we have only very little zoo and u are talking about getting thousands of zoology graduate to get employed
Well, you asked a circumstantial question and I gave you an answer. But you agreed there's a potential for job creation and revenue in the wildlife /Eco-tourism sector.
Re: Just 34 Lions Are Left In Nigeria As West African Lion Population Declines by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 23, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: so 34 is not enough? Oya tell me how much u want o attract tourists? How many people go to Paris to see lions ? U can attract people with something else I repeat Africa is not a zoo and wildlife should stop being our concern we are too far behind to care about wild and dangerous animals like lions .as for mosquitoes aren't we killing them with no mercy with sprays etc?
jus listen to urself, arent u disappointed in how mono-pensant u are? You make reference to Paris, my guy dats y u are 4ever a slave to d whites & their brilliance. They developed d little they had and turned it to a tourist attraction, y dnt we do same for ours. By d way do u knw how many whites visit Zanzibar, Victoria falls, Nile resort, Amazon forests, Masai marai parks, Madagascar wilds (to mention a few) each year, bringing foreign direct investments (FDI) into those countries? Thats if u even knw where these wild life resorts are located

2 Likes

Re: Just 34 Lions Are Left In Nigeria As West African Lion Population Declines by jhames010(m): 4:10pm On Sep 23, 2013
Freiburger:
Hurry up. cheesy

How much does a big one cost cool
Freiburger:
Hurry up. cheesy

How much does a big one cost
Re: Just 34 Lions Are Left In Nigeria As West African Lion Population Declines by oyin01(m): 4:37pm On Sep 23, 2013
End time
Re: Just 34 Lions Are Left In Nigeria As West African Lion Population Declines by olanrewajumi(m): 4:39pm On Sep 23, 2013
how can there be only 34 lions in Nigeria..d number of lions in Nairaland self plenty pass 50,000..
Re: Just 34 Lions Are Left In Nigeria As West African Lion Population Declines by olanrewajumi(m): 4:39pm On Sep 23, 2013
how can there be only 34 lions in Nigeria..d number of lions in Nairaland self plenty pass 50,000..
Re: Just 34 Lions Are Left In Nigeria As West African Lion Population Declines by Freiburger(m): 4:49pm On Sep 23, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: so 34 is not enough? Oya tell me how much u want o attract tourists? How many people go to Paris to see lions ? U can attract people with something else I repeat Africa is not a zoo and wildlife should stop being our concern we are too far behind to care about wild and dangerous animals like lions

shocked shocked shocked Its time we start verifying the ages members before registration. Enough is enough.

1 Like

Re: Just 34 Lions Are Left In Nigeria As West African Lion Population Declines by eaglechild: 5:23pm On Sep 23, 2013
I believed they are referring to lions in the wild not in captivity.
Does Yankari game reserve still exist?

2 Likes

Re: Just 34 Lions Are Left In Nigeria As West African Lion Population Declines by aniyphil: 5:24pm On Sep 23, 2013
Pastor Kun: Our govt really needs to do something about conserving our wild life.

Our govt can't even guaranty human life ...let alone wildlife. See wetin happen for Abuja the other day . . .make we dey pray make humans no go extinct for Naija! angry
Re: Just 34 Lions Are Left In Nigeria As West African Lion Population Declines by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 23, 2013
olrotimi: jus listen to urself, arent u disappointed in how mono-pensant u are? You make reference to Paris, my guy dats y u are 4ever a slave to d whites & their brilliance. They developed d little they had and turned it to a tourist attraction, y dnt we do same for ours. By d way do u knw how many whites visit Zanzibar, Victoria falls, Nile resort, Amazon n forests, Masai marai parks, Madagascar wilds (to mention a few) each year, bringing foreign direct investments (FDI) into those countries? Thats if u even knw where these wild life resorts are located
don't quote me dumb azz , why do u feel insecure. Okay Senegal receives more tourists than the whole Naija and they have no lions not even one. So stfu .and stop feeling insecure anytime someone says something about white . Ewu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Scientists Discover New Frog Species That Coughs And Groans (pic) / Homebuilt Radio Control Airplane / Bitcoiner Implants Lightning Chip To Make BTC Payments By Hand (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.