Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' (41687 Views)

Harvard University Bans Relationships Between Students And Professors / See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking / Madonna University Bans Camera Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by PStacks(m): 7:15pm On Sep 06, 2013
Seriously I know a girl who has no confidence in herself whatsoever without her make-up. She's always hiding behind her make ups.

But this thread has tripped me so much I don't even know what to comment about convenant university..

A Religious Body affiliate that's strictly for Profit Maximization. Oh my god I can't laff cheesy grin

Kai, av never heard this kind of thing before,

If it were that it was a missionary school that being running sole on values and norms it would have been a different thing, but its an institution for the money and u want to tell me what not on my money! Gaskiya its not possible.

What! People above age 18, this are the kind of Human rights issues America needs to wade into, not Gay rights in Russia.

These whole thing just supports my theory about Religion.

All sort of motives are hidden behind religion.
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by pesty100(m): 7:16pm On Sep 06, 2013
To all those shouting they should port tio another school... Have you forgotten that it was because admission was hard to see that most of them decided to go to. Cu...... .
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 06, 2013
very soon they wil ask them to sew uniform and wear socks
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Tandem(m): 7:19pm On Sep 06, 2013
is the heels and make up seducing the anointed men there? if they want ladies to abide by the rule, monetize the penalty, no make up and heels for a month, 9k naira...... grin, u need not to say much again
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by badmeat(m): 7:23pm On Sep 06, 2013
Please it a secondary school or university?

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by deeptesting(m): 7:25pm On Sep 06, 2013
My problems with enacting laws is when the supposed aurhority fails to give me cogent reason(s) for enacting the law and its overwhelming benefit to those affected, it keeps in the dark and compliance becomes impossible....How is this law going to improve the academic performance of this children? Yes, it is an institution owned by followers of Christ but how does heels, makes-ups and brown shoes affect the conduct of Christians? Up until I have the facts on the benefit of the said law from the University authority, I will say it is nonsensical.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 06, 2013
Bossforeva: liberal foo.l
_

Mark this post and the date and the time: this is the time SimonAndal gave a fûçk about your miserable little life and quoted you. Tell your grandkids about this day.
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 06, 2013
if u don't like the school go to another school. There some Elite Universities/non Elite universities here in America that have similar strict Conduct. For example Liberty University in America u have to go to their church on Sunday and there is always a prayer at a particular time. True confession from someone to me. So it depend on you. undecided
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Kingjames(m): 7:29pm On Sep 06, 2013
Afam4eva:
I always blame students who know the law of the school but still go there and complain. But i think it's a different case when you're already in the school and they come up with these daft laws. Very soon they'll tell them to wear only dunlop slippers in the school premises.

Every organisation has the right to set their Red line.
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by unmask: 7:33pm On Sep 06, 2013
convenant makes me fear for what deeperlife's own should be like.....although in the case of deeperlife theirs wouldnt require modifying laws......anyways I think its a good development.....be natural.....the only thing left is to make sure their gals are virgins and remain that way till they graduate......

No virginity, no certificate

I think we can spread this.....lets start a story about covenant having no virgins....once d oga at the top hears it virginity will enter the dictatortution....sorry...meant constitution

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Ikengawo: 7:34pm On Sep 06, 2013
Omo d babes for Covenant don reveel dheir true face for this one, campus don scatter

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by tolurainbow(m): 7:35pm On Sep 06, 2013
Chai e done happen again na naw we go knw d most finest girl..and some girls can not be cute without make up....
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Elevation(m): 7:37pm On Sep 06, 2013
#80million:
Let me prepare a ROBUST REPLY!
really ur comment is now becoming dry i must say.
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by adconline(m): 7:39pm On Sep 06, 2013
Instead of producing top notch thinkers and innovators, they resort to producing religious zealots. No wonder they can NEVER compete against their counterparts globally.
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Noneroone(m): 7:39pm On Sep 06, 2013
Don't mind the high school, they have prepared the list of 1000 students to give first class. They are only making the public to feel as though the students worked for it by packaging the students.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Bright2(m): 7:41pm On Sep 06, 2013
As students you don't have to combine every thing,why don't you focus mainly on your studies? There's time for every thing !
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by davidque007(m): 7:41pm On Sep 06, 2013
Why are christian(questionable one's I believe) so quick to use abusive words at other christian, as if they know it better? I wonder. For all(including CU students) who are complaining, pls remember that its a CHRISTIAN university not a conventional school, also u can try going to an islamic university and talk about being an adult and human right et al, pls give us feed back once u graduate fron there. I agree with the laws at CU......selah
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Doyensky: 7:43pm On Sep 06, 2013
Lol. Its high tym we saw d faces behind d mask. So, so cald fine gurls go now look like... . Bf go talk say, blood of God! Amaka, is dis u??cheesy
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by ahonzi: 7:46pm On Sep 06, 2013
Afam4eva:
I always blame students who know the law of the school but still go there and complain. But i think it's a different case when you're already in the school and they come up with these daft laws. Very soon they'll tell them to wear only dunlop slippers in the school premises.

Sometimes I wonder why we talk like this. How many of the graduates we have today really made choices about schools they wanted to attend without influences from their parents or study courses there parents insisted they do? Pls cut these guys some slack. We all had notions of schools before we went in,but when it ain't the way they envisaged, what do you do? Even when they cry out who listens? I had a couple of friends from madonna university that said they told their parents some of the stuffs that the school authorities make them do, but they didn't believe them. So you see. I feel them abeg.
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 06, 2013
dey gona ban trouzers and long hair vewy soon...so get ready......cos na only palm and holly marry skirt una go soon de wear and lowcut hair...wuuuuhuuuuu....intresting......i laff in pidgin english....anyways....lemme go eat my indomie...brb....DARLINGS......
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Edipee(m): 7:48pm On Sep 06, 2013
If they think they can't do it without make-up and high heels, let them come to our Fed. UNI, may be they will be able to cope with ASUU AND FED GOVT LONG BREAK. You never knew the value of what you have untill you lost it.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 06, 2013
Nigerian educational system is becoming worse by the day.both the commercial universities a.ka.a private universities and government universities.government universities disaease is STRIKE.there is no year they dont strike,private university disease is ridiculous and unreasonable lwas that trample on your liberty.so you see.its between the devil and the deep blue sea.i will advise any one that wants to get a qualitative education to travel out of nigeria to get it.both federal,state and private university are fvked.if they are really serious about impacting lives educationally,they wont even care or have time to notice ladies on make up.there are some things that dont just make sense.the funny part of it is that with their hypocrisy,i heard that their lecturers wives sleep with other lecturers that is not their husband in their staff quarters.by the way if they now ban make ups,will the lecturers and university staffs be on make up.sebi mrs oyedepo herself wears eye shadow and on oyedepos daughter's wedding she was on make up and heels so whats up with all this irritating double standards :/
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 06, 2013
Smh 4 d management of ds glorified secondary schl'..
Go to deir churches n u'll c make-ups n high heels of life. Yet dey want to turn d schl to a 'deeper life camp ground'..
R dey interested in leading only d students to heaven?
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by adamse(f): 7:54pm On Sep 06, 2013
poppop: its a petty thing but then again its their school. You dont have to be there if you dont want to. There are more important things in life and after graduation, you have the rest of your life to makeup and wear whatever you like. Worse things are taking place in Nigeria, some students would love to be in school but ASUU has been on strike
r how many months now

exactly! worse things are happening in Naija..not wearing make up and heels won't kill you. *abegg u guys shld stop makin noise. when u get out of school wear the heels and make up to sleep in the night.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Afam4eva(m): 7:55pm On Sep 06, 2013
Kingjames:

Every organisation has the right to set their Red line.
The same way Jonathan removed fuel subsidy and people cried foul? An organization should consider their loyal clientelle before taking a decision.
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 06, 2013
Seriously who gives a fucck?
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by pesty100(m): 7:57pm On Sep 06, 2013
Afam4eva:
The same way Jonathan removed fuel subsidy and people cried foul? An organization should consider their loyal clientelle before taking a decision.
the parents are the clients here and I don't think they are complaining
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by hunter21(m): 7:57pm On Sep 06, 2013
They had better come over to brickcity.
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by mu2sa2: 8:00pm On Sep 06, 2013
They may soon ban garri and roasted peanuts on campus on the ground that Jesus never ate them. And some people will still support them!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Which Subject Do You Think Is Going On? (Hilarious Photo) / Top 10 Courses Most Nigerian Students Were Forced To Study / I Applied For MSc But Foreign Supervisor Said School Is Accepting Me For PhD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.