Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,617 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' (41684 Views)

Harvard University Bans Relationships Between Students And Professors / See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking / Madonna University Bans Camera Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by odocity: 5:13am On Sep 07, 2013
if young ladies dont use make up now when they are young is it when dey turn to grand mothers that they will start making up.pls leave them to do their thing.
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Kaymisola(f): 6:16am On Sep 07, 2013
It's not just make up and heels, see the other banned items here http://www.kemifilani.com/2013/09/covenant-university-bans-make-up-and.html
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by EmperorSpecie(m): 6:39am On Sep 07, 2013
kaorama: If the news is true, wonder why they will ban those things in their school and leave their church. Are they more passionate about descency in school than in church?

bros, u wnt mk tithe nd offering reduce?
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 07, 2013
Acidosis:

lol...

we nor fit fight jor...
hehehhehehe true cheesycheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Chinwem(f): 7:22am On Sep 07, 2013
So why do people still pay to go to that school??
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by luluosas(m): 7:39am On Sep 07, 2013
The name of the school better be change to Christian Covenant University, where pure Christian curriculum, ethics and courses will be taught. Why bring spirituality into the scheme of things in the school, where every basic course obtainable from government and non Christian established schools are taught? This is terrible.
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 07, 2013
jydogirl12:

I'm not dulling grin

I like your analysis.. that's the point, people will always break the rules , be hypocritical, condescending , and better liars in their homes anyways .. CU's goal is to Encourage a Decent face value, CU will not change anybody's attitude and imbibe Hometraining , they ain't y'all parents .. They want to reduce rubbish ( camels feet or wtf is it called drives me crazy on its own) on their campus that's all. Get it?
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Nobody: 7:44am On Sep 07, 2013
jydogirl12:

I'm not dulling grin

I like your analysis.. that's the point, people will always break the rules , be hypocritical, condescending , and better liars in their homes anyways .. CU's goal is to Encourage a Decent face value, CU will not change anybody's attitude and imbibe Hometraining , they ain't y'all parents .. They want to reduce rubbish ( camels feet or wtf is it called drives me crazy on its own) on their campus that's all. Get it?
ok so whats the point of forcing ladies to dress like s.u e.g no make up,heels etc and when they graduate,what they wear will make you wonder whether they even went to church at all.there is a 7th day adventist friend of mine who dressed like s.u while still in school.no earings,no make up etc.when she graduated,she pierced 5 ear holes.it doesnt make sense raising pretenders if you claim you are raising 'godly men and women' when they get out,they will burst loose.let them wear and do what their mates are doing and be tired so when they are out,nothing will be a big deal.ill give myself as an example.on many occassions i go out without make up not because i dont have eye shadow,lipsticks etc,i am just tired of it.i only wear make ups when i am going for functions.when i am at work,i just use eye pencil,thats all,wear clothes,a stud earing and leave.today i see 5o something year old women wearing contact lenses,eye lashes and wearing mini skirts.this is obviously because they did not have the opportunity to do that at the right age and thats why they are doing it at an old age.see michael jackson.fame took away his childhood and at his adult life,he started acting like a child and hanging out with kids. The other time covenant did convocation around may this year,i went and i saw a woman in her mid forties who came for her sons convocation in pop socks and mini skirt and fring wig, trying so hard to look 17.anyway my own kids will dress and look their age at their age so that they wont be bleaching their skin and wearing tatoos at their forties or fifties. the essence is that,dont take away the youth from youths because if they dont act it now at their age and over grow it or get tired,they will still do it at their later lives and will not regard anything the school stands for.meanwhile i wont be suprised if cossy orjiakwor had staunch deeper life,4 square,7th day or cac parents, who didnt give her the opportunity to do what her age do and learn from it,get wise and grow up,that she is behaving like a depraved teenager at an adult age

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by skijo4life(m): 7:51am On Sep 07, 2013
That school sha..always bursting my head..tank God me don finish I just dey pity people for 100 LVL,because by d time dem reach 5H lvl na school uniform tins o
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Kelechi2020(m): 8:00am On Sep 07, 2013
life_style: why complaining ? what do you expect from a christian university ? if you are not cool with their rules then don't apply! its simple. angry

chikena,final.u said it all.
Those that want freedom should go to publib universities.
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by emmaelectelect(m): 8:16am On Sep 07, 2013
kaorama: If the news is true, wonder why they will ban those things in their school and leave their church. Are they more passionate about descency in school than in church?
Christ Jesus Came for the unrighteous so the reason the church leaves u to your conviction!!!
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by luluosas(m): 8:18am On Sep 07, 2013
Edipee: If they think they can't do it without make-up and high heels, let them come to our Fed. UNI, may be they will be able to cope with ASUU AND FED GOVT LONG BREAK. You never knew the value of what you have untill you lost it.
Friend, you are mixing things up here. Oyedepo and the CU authority are bringing spiritual matters into academic matters. This does not make any moral sense and it's unjustifiable under whatever circumstances.
Now, if they (CU authorities) are mindful of the spiritual well being of the CU students, will this obnoxious law they are forcing into them will in anyway become a part of the students in their lifetime? How about the time of holidays and after graduation?
You see, the best place to instil spiritual awareness and standards in an individual is the church. If this should be the case, what can we say of the general dressing rule in Living Faith church? Are their men still using brown shoes and their women still using makeup and wearing high heels shoes?
Therefore, don't hide under the canopy that, CU is owned by a Christian organisation and that everybody must do as they want, even when the people enacting the laws do even worse than the students. God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by emmaelectelect(m): 8:22am On Sep 07, 2013
Bantino: This is what happens in a glorified secondary school
I strongly disagree. rules are necessary tools for modeling

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by samhapy(m): 8:29am On Sep 07, 2013
[quote author=Nuzo']Best news to come out of Black Africa in years!

This will reduce the number of mmasqurades in the street.

At least one gets to know what his partner really looks like before asking her out. shocked[/quote

Na tru talk u talk myu broda.
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by luluosas(m): 8:31am On Sep 07, 2013
Edipee: If they think they can't do it without make-up and high heels, let them come to our Fed. UNI, may be they will be able to cope with ASUU AND FED GOVT LONG BREAK. You never knew the value of what you have untill you lost it.
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Nuzo1(m): 8:47am On Sep 07, 2013
chucky234: So you intend going to CU to propose to a woman,because am sure they will surely return to their masqurade with make make up once they step out of CU gate.
You are on a long thing jare.

Yes sir! I intend going to CU to look out for a real wife anytime I'm chanced. Hopefully, that their big gate will be wide open for real men like me. cheesy

And NO, most of them will not go back to being masqurades in the street cos they would have realized they look the pretiest when they are natural...maybe with very light make-up. undecided

Where is Yuzedo? Otta here we come!

CU babes ROCK!!! kiss
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by cdamsel(f): 8:49am On Sep 07, 2013
I don't think anybody in covenant actually wanted 2 go there.

Those kids get shipped off,since pops/mom pays d bill,dey ve no say in d mata cry

Btw,y stop sometin in d sch wen its allowed in their church?doesnt make much sense 2 me.wondering wat dey re hoping 2 achieve wit dis undecided
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by emorse(m): 9:03am On Sep 07, 2013
I thought universities were supposed to turn children into mature adults and prepare them for the challenges of the real world. Of what use is it when you are trained in a place with totally different rules from those where ur being trained for? I'm not surprised though. This is Nigeria. We "spiritualise" everything.
As for those of you who say people who don't like it should stay away, no be naija una dey? Una get choose?
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 07, 2013
I hope the ban includes 'brazilian' and all fake hair types. Now that will be a ban that is worthwile I sick of those hedeous monsters.
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by emorse(m): 9:08am On Sep 07, 2013
emmaelectelect:
I agree with you but there should be rationale behind every rule. I don't see the rationale behind this one.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 07, 2013
emmaelectelect:
Christ Jesus Came for the unrighteous so the reason the church leaves u to your conviction!!!
hehehehehe but the students are righteous and holy saints abi.the thing about the hypocrisy of religion is that they are always double standards and contradict themselves.you said christ came for the unrighteous,meaning the winners members are unrighteous but the winners students are righteous.smh.see confusion and contradictions grin smh.orisirisi
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 07, 2013
emorse: I thought universities were supposed to turn children into mature adults and prepare them for the challenges of the real world. Of what use is it when you are trained in a place with totally different from those where ur being trained for? I'm not surprised though. This is Nigeria. We "spiritualise" everything.
As for those of you who say people who don't like it should stay away, no be naija una dey? Una get choose?
abi o.i wonder.anyway if they bastardize government universities through corruption and turn adults into babies in private universities,my kids will have to study abroad.i dont want hypocritical fanatics or morally depraved kids.i want well balanced children
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by bebechuks: 9:16am On Sep 07, 2013
Secondary schools things!
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Shwarz: 9:16am On Sep 07, 2013
Hahahahahaha...i thought the students are always so proud and boastful about the school...abeg they should not complain, dem no put gun for your head say make u come buy form na so shattap...covenant ko oracle ni... mtcheeew abeg make i go read better news...
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 07, 2013
cdamsel: I don't think anybody in covenant actually wanted 2 go there.

Those kids get shipped off,since pops/mom pays d bill,dey ve no say in d mata cry

Btw,y stop sometin in d sch wen its allowed in their church?doesnt make much sense 2 me.wondering wat dey re hoping 2 achieve wit dis undecided
thats the hypocrisy of religion and nigerians :/ even many of the church members cant afford to send their kids there.i can see how they are modelling jesus came for the poor and unrighteous
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by emorse(m): 9:27am On Sep 07, 2013
kulyie: thats the hypocrisy of religion and nigerians :/ even many of the church members cant afford to send their kids there.i can see how they are modelling jesus came for the poor and unrighteous
The funny thing is they have kept so much fear in the hearts of the people. You dare not think with your God-given brain. Think and stand the risk of roasting in hell. Really sad.
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 07, 2013
Nuzo':

Yes sir! I intend going to CU to look out for a real wife anytime I'm chanced. Hopefully, that their big gate will be wide open for real men like me. cheesy

And NO, most of them will not go back to being masqurades in the street cos they would have realized they look the pretiest when they are natural...maybe with very light make-up. undecided

Where is Yuzedo? Otta here we come!

CU babes ROCK!!! kiss
roftl so forcing someone to look natural means they will remain like that after their 4 years in school.the last time i checked,people just pretend to be anything just to get what they want and the moment they get what they want,they go back to their real selves,which includes fronting good girl when they are not to get their certificates.this makes me remember when girls used to pretend to be ' village good girls so that bobo america will come and propose to them and ship them to america.let them get the ring and the papers,they will go back to their REAL SELVES and burst loose or go hay wire as the case may be.by then it will be too late just discovering that they have been packaging for you all along grin little do guys know that the more cunny they get,the more ladies restrategize their 'goods or package' to get what they want.orisirisi.so if i need 1 million to solve my problems and they tell me not to wear earings,make up and brazilliann hair.i will not comply to get what i want grin some people dont even know anything
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 07, 2013
emorse:
The funny thing is they have kept so much fear in the hearts of the people. You dare not think with your God-given brain. Think and stand the risk of roasting in hell. Really sad.
lol.fear and threats of whatever is a very good tool to keep illiterates and fanatics under control so that they can keep capitalizing on their ignorance grin when karl marx said religion is the opium of the masses.he wasnt wrong afterall
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 07, 2013
emmaelectelect:
modelling pretenders,hypocrites,zealots,bimbos,babies in male bodies i suppose
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 07, 2013
Kaymisola: It's not just make up and heels, see the other banned items here http://www.kemifilani.com/2013/09/covenant-university-bans-make-up-and.html
roftl @ cutting of wordly hair by male students.please which one is unwordly or spiritual hair cut.jeans and necklaces are not allowed by both genders,double earings are not allowed. bla bla bla.smh.the ridiculous part of it is that lecturers and staffs can wear make up and heels.please if this is not double standards,what else is it called.anyway,i dont pity students that see this kinds of useless and obnoxious rules and still enter there because of desperation to be an undergraduate student or an escape route to leave mummy and daddy
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 07, 2013
I wont be suprised if muslims establish their own universities, make their laws and make it mandatory that every female must wear hijab regardless of their religion.anyone who is not happy with it can go to christian universities or public universities.no make up,no trousers or high heels.i sense that comming sooner or later
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Orikinla(m): 10:04am On Sep 07, 2013
The hood does not make the monk.

[size=18pt]Jesus Christ said, by their works you shall know them and not by their looks or by their books.[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Which Subject Do You Think Is Going On? (Hilarious Photo) / I Applied For MSc But Foreign Supervisor Said School Is Accepting Me For PhD / Top 10 Courses Most Nigerian Students Were Forced To Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.