Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

Does Anyone Have A Picture Of Aso Villa Or Ever Seen It? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does Anyone Have A Picture Of Aso Villa Or Ever Seen It? (6653 Views)

I Sometimes Miss My Way In Aso Villa - President Buhari / Aso Villa Authorities Reject 253 DSS Officials / Patience Jonathan Commences Packing Out Of Aso Villa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Anyone Have A Picture Of Aso Villa Or Ever Seen It? by movieland7: 4:04pm On Sep 06, 2013
Isnt it wired how no one, aside those "in power" knows what Aso Rock looks like? at least we all know what The White House looks like,and even Buckingham palace. How come we have not even seen a picture of our very own Aso Rock? Wired. what are they Hiding?

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have A Picture Of Aso Villa Or Ever Seen It? by ChinoIsBack: 4:49pm On Sep 06, 2013
I have been to Aso Rock twice: One in 2009 and another in 2011. In all the occasions you are not allowed with camera nor will you be allowed to take snap shots whether with your phone or otherwise. It was even written at some corners of the Smartest African-City called Aso Rock, that for security reasons you are not allowed to take pictures nor video within or outside the confines of the Villa. Its such a serene and breathtaking place to behold.

In a nutshell, do not bother yourself with any such pictures of Aso Rock because you will never get it.
Re: Does Anyone Have A Picture Of Aso Villa Or Ever Seen It? by Youngzedd(m): 5:13pm On Sep 06, 2013
Why won't they hide it when there is a lot of skeleton on their cup board.

They are afraid of what Nigerians will say because 9jarians no send any witch.

We talk whatever that is on our mind.

Up 9JA.
Re: Does Anyone Have A Picture Of Aso Villa Or Ever Seen It? by movieland7: 5:50pm On Sep 06, 2013
But even at that, are you telling me that nobody has attempted to snap it from a distance with a powerful zoom lens camera. even not Oyibo then? at least from even top view. or will something happen to who so ever attempts it?
Re: Does Anyone Have A Picture Of Aso Villa Or Ever Seen It? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 06, 2013
Talk of d devil! Discussed this same topic with a lady today.
Re: Does Anyone Have A Picture Of Aso Villa Or Ever Seen It? by Wsdm: 9:10pm On Sep 06, 2013
Common, anybody can visit it at anytime provided you are cleared at the entrance. It is like an area with residential buildings ( private), ministries, Hotel( as in private). In fact if you have your money you can by houses there. But you know that area, you can't enter freely into someone's house without permissions or invitation, there is no free movement to where the president stays.
Re: Does Anyone Have A Picture Of Aso Villa Or Ever Seen It? by naptu2: 9:16pm On Sep 06, 2013
This must be the 7th or 8th thread I've seen with this same theme. Anyway I posted lots of pictures of The Aso rock Villa, State House Marina, Dodan Barracks and Lagos House Marina on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/951565/aso-rock-belongs-nigerians...in-democracy
Re: Does Anyone Have A Picture Of Aso Villa Or Ever Seen It? by albiol: 10:42pm On Sep 06, 2013
Ur title is somehow confusing are u talking about aso rock or aso villa. If its aso rock it can be seen from many parts of abuja and the villa now cos of the security threats nowadays ordinary person can't just walk in without being scrutinized. Have entered there on two occasions but not the main interior gan gan. As for pictures and videos I don't know about it.
Re: Does Anyone Have A Picture Of Aso Villa Or Ever Seen It? by mysticgal(f): 11:33pm On Sep 06, 2013
ve been there in 2010,was about taking pix and an army guy was like no pixundecided
Re: Does Anyone Have A Picture Of Aso Villa Or Ever Seen It? by delpee(f): 11:40pm On Sep 06, 2013
Watch NTA news. They usually show part of it.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have A Picture Of Aso Villa Or Ever Seen It? by Brimmie(m): 2:08am On Sep 07, 2013

Re: Does Anyone Have A Picture Of Aso Villa Or Ever Seen It? by naptu2: 4:04am On Sep 07, 2013
^^^^

That's Eagle Square, the National Assembly and Aso Rock. The Aso Rock Villa is not in that picture.
Re: Does Anyone Have A Picture Of Aso Villa Or Ever Seen It? by Symphony007: 6:35am On Sep 07, 2013
You're talking of pictures? Nigerians should be able to tour their president's home! School children should be able to go on excurtion to the people's house. The nigerian presidency still has the old military regime secretive ideology, that place is a fortress.

In the 70's when my dad lived in washington d.c and richard nixon was under heat for the watergate scandal, he and others could drive up penslyvannia avenue, stop by the oval office window, blast their horn and shout "resign dicky. You're a crook"

a pedestrain threw an egg at magaret thatcher while she was walking out of 10 downing street.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have A Picture Of Aso Villa Or Ever Seen It? by naptu2: 7:30am On Sep 07, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Have A Picture Of Aso Villa Or Ever Seen It? by Symphony007: 7:50am On Sep 07, 2013
naptu2: Here are a few pictures. You can see many more pictures and stories on this thread (got through all four pages) https://www.nairaland.com/951565/aso-rock-belongs-nigerians...in-democracy

Laura Bush and Olusegun Obasanjo in the sitting room.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/717048_Segun20and20Laura204020Aso20Rock_jpgb22deac23290f4e3508796e3a7748603

The Council Chamber
www.nairaland.com/attachments/717057_council20chambers202_jpgeceaae9197f5bd37fda73eff3df9854b

www.nairaland.com/attachments/717058_outside20council20chambers_jpg087f01308603ccd5469c7f7103e37b9f

www.nairaland.com/attachments/721645_Aso20Rock_jpgb0b630e8a9a121ac7158b03a78cb8576

www.nairaland.com/attachments/750403_51st20Nigerian20Independence20Day_jpgeb68c8945f4756dc3c20c4a24eb3ddb8

Inside the Council Chamber
www.nairaland.com/attachments/722384_Council20Chambers_jpg722e7e84b4bda1aa26cfb0e701f72691

The President's office
www.nairaland.com/attachments/717066_presidents20office_jpg7755dc21014ab0050cc2dadc7511967d

www.nairaland.com/attachments/828488_a20goodluck_jpge031f6d2d91f5873b39442b9dae4f432

The gate
www.nairaland.com/attachments/717082_Gate_jpg7448a699179f30b34a2f626c254d1e32
these are put togethers from articles and official releases from the presidency. It bothers me that i can't undertake a tour of my president's residence. I know more about the white house, downing street, elysee palace, union building, etc..than i know about my country's executive mansion. It's just wrong. I can google the floor plan of the most secured building in the world, white house. But pics of aso rock in seculation can be counted.

2 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Have A Picture Of Aso Villa Or Ever Seen It? by naptu2: 7:55am On Sep 07, 2013
Symphony007: these are put togethers from articles and official releases from the presidency. It bothers me that i can't undertake a tour of my president's residence. I know more about the white house, downing street, elysee palace, union building, etc..than i know about my country's executive mansion. It's just wrong. I can google the floor plan of the most secured building in the world, white house. But pics of aso rock in seculation can be counted.

The Aso Rock Villa is not a mansion, it's a complex.
Re: Does Anyone Have A Picture Of Aso Villa Or Ever Seen It? by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 07, 2013
movieland7: But even at that, are you telling me that nobody has attempted to snap it from a distance with a powerful zoom lens camera. even not Oyibo then? at least from even top view. or will something happen to who so ever attempts it?

Aso rock is a rock located close to the villa. The villa is a thick forest with electric fencing from the oustide. No camera, not even satellites can see through the thick foliage and vegetation...
Re: Does Anyone Have A Picture Of Aso Villa Or Ever Seen It? by naptu2: 8:07am On Sep 07, 2013
okpara ugo:

Aso rock is a rock located close to the villa. The villa is a thick forest with electric fencing from the oustide. No camera, not even satellites can see through the thick foliage and vegetation...

[img]http://www.nairaland.com/attachments/913146_Distances-in-Aso-Rock-Google-Maps-465x283_png709e60d24a85cf1309de9b3147ca3934[/img]
Re: Does Anyone Have A Picture Of Aso Villa Or Ever Seen It? by jhidey08(m): 8:13am On Sep 07, 2013
Symphony007: these are put togethers from articles and official releases from the presidency. It bothers me that i can't undertake a tour of my president's residence. I know more about the white house, downing street, elysee palace, union building, etc..than i know about my country's executive mansion. It's just wrong. I can google the floor plan of the most secured building in the world, white house. But pics of aso rock in seculation can be counted.
if u bcum Nigerian President 2morrow u won't allow jst anybody 2 enta and take pictures. Dis is due 2d attitude of Nigerians, don't think everybody has a plain mind lyk u o, we av diff evil plans if d opportunity cums. Diz pple knw d kinda pple dey're dealing with dat's y d security dere is tight. My dad and i tried 2 enta d around 2003 bt we were stopped when we got 2d 3rd gate, we later made it inside in 2009 when we visited d den special adviser 2d president on media and publicity. D place is jst too beautiful, tho we were far 4rm where d president stays himself bt d place is Magnificent. Naija go beta........ ONE DAY

2 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Have A Picture Of Aso Villa Or Ever Seen It? by jhidey08(m): 8:18am On Sep 07, 2013
okpara ugo:

d very first tym i went dere wit my dad, dat's d first tin he tld me.... ''if u're ready 2die, jst go close 2 d fence and u'll b electrocuted'' i can't 4get dat statement. Seeing d kinda security dere and d warnings dat no1 shld take pix is enough reason 2make u 4get ur camera/fone insyd ur pocket without attempting 2 take pictures.
Re: Does Anyone Have A Picture Of Aso Villa Or Ever Seen It? by naptu2: 8:21am On Sep 07, 2013
The security level changes depending on what's going on.

There was a time when you couldn't drive past the driveway into State House Ribadu Road (Dodan Barracks), yet, about a decade later, I saw little kids playing football on that same driveway (even though it was still in use). There was a time when you could easily walk into State House Marina (and even take pictures). You can't try that now (they've even destroyed the aesthetics of the beautiful building with barbed wire). There was a time when State House The Aso Rock Villa was surrounded by artillery guns and tanks, but that's not the case now.

Remember boko haram.

There was a time when you could walk down Downing Street, but gates were erected at both ends of the street after the mortar attack in 1991.

Can you drive past the White House today?
Re: Does Anyone Have A Picture Of Aso Villa Or Ever Seen It? by Symphony007: 12:04pm On Sep 07, 2013
naptu2: The security level changes depending on what's going on.

There was a time when you couldn't drive past the driveway into State House Ribadu Road (Dodan Barracks), yet, about a decade later, I saw little kids playing football on that same driveway (even though it was still in use). There was a time when you could easily walk into State House Marina (and even take pictures). You can't try that now (they've even destroyed the aesthetics of the beautiful building with barbed wire). There was a time when State House The Aso Rock Villa was surrounded by artillery guns and tanks, but that's not the case now.

Remember boko haram.

There was a time when you could walk down Downing Street, but gates were erected at both ends of the street after the mortar attack in 1991.

Can you drive past the White House today?
the gates at downing street does'nt prevent tourist or brits to walk up to the famous number 10 black door to take pics.

Cars no longer pass in front of the white house but the space is open to protestors and the general public. People brandish posters and anti war banners on the white house fence futhermore, i can still tour the white house and sometimes lucky enough see the president or a member of the first farmily in the hallways. Can any of these be done in aso rock?
Re: Does Anyone Have A Picture Of Aso Villa Or Ever Seen It? by naptu2: 12:42pm On Sep 07, 2013
Symphony007: the gates at downing street does'nt prevent tourist or brits to walk up to the famous number 10 black door to take pics.

Cars no longer pass in front of the white house but the space is open to protestors and the general public. People brandish posters and anti war banners on the white house fence futhermore, i can still tour the white house and sometimes lucky enough see the president or a member of the first farmily in the hallways. Can any of these be done in aso rock?

Did I at any point say that tourists could walk up to any of the state houses (apart from State House Marina)?

I was referring to the fact that access to and security around these areas change depending on what's going on. There was a time when members of the public could easily walk up to State House Marina and take pictures there, walk into the gardens, etc. They cannot do that now. There was a time when people would not even dare go near the driveway of State House Ribadu Road, but later the driveway and area around the gate was being used by the public as a car park and kids could play football there. They cannot do that now (because of boko haram/terrorism). There was a time when State House The Aso Rock Villa was surrounded artillery pieces and tanks, but that's not the case at the moment.

Similarly, there was a time when cars could drive down Pennsylvania Avenue and Downing Street unrestricted, but that's not the case now.

This flimsy position (which was undoubtedly legally misconceived and unsustainable as a blanket position) was then formalised in 2008.

According to attachments to this obscure web page of Westminster City Council, an Order was made to:
(a) prohibit vehicles and pedestrians from entering or proceeding in Downing Street at all times, except those authorised by the police;
(b) prohibit pedestrians from entering or proceeding in that area of the footway forming the boundary between Downing Street and Whitehall, except those authorised by the police; and
(c) allow the police, at their discretion, to prohibit pedestrians from entering or proceeding in
certain parts of Whitehall adjacent to the Cabinet Office, the boundary with Downing Street and the Foreign & Commonwealth Office.

www.newstatesman.com/david-allen-green/2012/12/what-powers-do-downing-street-police-actually-have

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9764186/Plebgate-Andrew-Mitchell-gives-own-account-of-Downing-Street-exchange.html
Re: Does Anyone Have A Picture Of Aso Villa Or Ever Seen It? by Symphony007: 2:22pm On Sep 07, 2013
naptu2:

Did I at any point say that tourists could walk up to any of the state houses (apart from State House Marina)?

I was referring to the fact that access to and security around these areas change depending on what's going on. There was a time when members of the public could easily walk up to State House Marina and take pictures there, walk into the gardens, etc. They cannot do that now. There was a time when people would not even dare go near the driveway of State House Ribadu Road, but later the driveway and area around the gate was being used by the public as a car park and kids could play football there. They cannot do that now (because of boko haram/terrorism). There was a time when State House The Aso Rock Villa was surrounded artillery pieces and tanks, but that's not the case at the moment.

Similarly, there was a time when cars could drive down Pennsylvania Avenue and Downing Street unrestricted, but that's not the case now.

www.newstatesman.com/david-allen-green/2012/12/what-powers-do-downing-street-police-actually-have

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9764186/Plebgate-Andrew-Mitchell-gives-own-account-of-Downing-Street-exchange.html
all this exchange boils down to the fact that the official residences of the nigerian presidency has never been open to the public. Maybe during the parliamentry days of tafawa balewa and azikiwe. But since then the institutions has been scrouded in secrecy. No matter how times change abroad, there is still provision for the people to be in touch with their government, unlike nigeria.
Re: Does Anyone Have A Picture Of Aso Villa Or Ever Seen It? by naptu2: 2:35pm On Sep 07, 2013
Symphony007: all this exchange boils down to the fact that the official residences of the nigerian presidency has never been open to the public. Maybe during the parliamentry days of tafawa balewa and azikiwe. But since then the institutions has been scrouded in secrecy. No matter how times change abroad, there is still provision for the people to be in touch with their government, unlike nigeria.

Hm! It could be that you are arguing with someone else, because I never said that the State Houses (apart from Marina) were open to tourists.
Re: Does Anyone Have A Picture Of Aso Villa Or Ever Seen It? by movieland7: 2:54pm On Sep 09, 2013
albiol: Ur title is somehow confusing are u talking about aso rock or aso villa. If its aso rock it can be seen from many parts of abuja and the villa.

i meant the villa.
Re: Does Anyone Have A Picture Of Aso Villa Or Ever Seen It? by gerald09(m): 4:22pm On Sep 09, 2013
People people Aso Rock is not where tha president live is Aso Villa. Aso Rock is a Rock opposite Aso Villa along Kubwa express dat area is called Aso Drive.
Re: Does Anyone Have A Picture Of Aso Villa Or Ever Seen It? by naptu2: 5:05pm On Sep 09, 2013
State House Ribadu Road was the residence of the Minister of Defence (Mallam Ribadu). The Presidency was moved from State House Marina to State House Ribadu Road at the beginning of the Civil War (because it was felt that State House Marina, which was right beside the road and easily accessible to the public, was not safe enough for the Supreme Commander). State House Ribadu Road was subsequently unofficially called State House Dodan Barracks, even though it is not in Dodan Barracks. The name was later officially changed to Dodan Barracks.

Akinola Aguda House was previously the Abuja residence of the President. The Presidential Complex Abuja was built in the early 1990s to serve as the new residence of the President. President Babangida was impressed when he saw the Council Chambers and named it Aso Chambers (after the Aso Rock monolith). The name was subsequently unofficially applied to the entire complex which was subsequently nicknamed the Aso Villa (and sometimes, The Aso Rock Villa).

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have A Picture Of Aso Villa Or Ever Seen It? by Merkki(f): 6:01pm On Sep 09, 2013
What do you expect? Nigeians are security conscious because they do not trust the security operatives. The Aso Villa should be a no-go area...until we can begin to trust our security operatives. I don't want GEJ to be tormented by witches.
Re: Does Anyone Have A Picture Of Aso Villa Or Ever Seen It? by movieland7: 8:27pm On Sep 09, 2013
Merkki: What do you expect? Nigeians are security conscious because they do not trust the security operatives. The Aso Villa should be a no-go area...until we can begin to trust our security operatives. I don't want GEJ to be tormented by witches.

Lol. if the people their hands are clean, then they should fear nothing.
Re: Does Anyone Have A Picture Of Aso Villa Or Ever Seen It? by enigmang: 10:37pm On Sep 09, 2013
movieland7:

Lol. if the people their hands are clean, then they should fear nothing.

murutala Mohamed 'feared nothing' and didn't live to tell the story
Re: Does Anyone Have A Picture Of Aso Villa Or Ever Seen It? by naptu2: 7:59am On Sep 10, 2013
enigmang:

murutala Mohamed 'feared nothing' and didn't live to tell the story

Murtala refused to move into State House Dodan Barracks. He didn't have a generator in his house. It took Obasanjo and Danjuma many weeks to convince him to install one. He forbade the First Lady and other government officials from using long wheelbase limousines and escorts. He didn't have any escorts or long motorcades. He rode to work at Dodan Barracks in a thin skinned Mercedes Benz limousine (with only his driver, ADC and orderly. No other cars and no gun wielding escorts).

He was assassinated on his way to work when soldiers (including William Seri) sub-machine gunned his car as it slowed down at the junction of Bank Road and Ikoyi Road.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dangote To Build 1,000-bed Hospital In Kano / Israel Bans Chrismas Celebration / Tell Us About Your Nigerian Role Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.