Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,708 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs (2569013 Views)

110, 181 Apply For 2000 Slots In Teaching Service - TESCOM / Vacancy For Those Interested In Teaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (1041) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jan 26, 2015
Golden dr, Odunharry, Captaindo, Prof. Gday, Evasthy, givemejoy, Manie, xtfield and others. Tell the erring student to squat for thirty mins minimum or frog jump but the former is very effective..... You will thank me later
VickyHills:
Good people, please, what other form(s) of punishment can a teacher employ asides cane(flogging)? My pupils are extremely stubborn and from a very rowdy environment. The greedy proprietor is a parents-ass-licker who can do anything the parents wants for his school. They've decided the teachers shouldn't punish their children, and he is ok with that. IMAGINE!
Pls, help prescribe varieties of punishment to be used on them for an effective class management.
Thanks.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 26, 2015
sinmilola check your mail.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 26, 2015
118 na im I stop.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by alakara(m): 4:30pm On Jan 26, 2015
VickyHills:
Good people, please, what other form(s) of punishment can a teacher employ asides cane(flogging)? My pupils are extremely stubborn and from a very rowdy environment. The greedy proprietor is a parents-ass-licker who can do anything the parents wants for his school. They've decided the teachers shouldn't punish their children, and he is ok with that. IMAGINE!
Pls, help prescribe varieties of punishment to be used on them for an effective class management.
Thanks.
You want punishment
Stood down
Let him write am sorry Uncle in a complete higher education notebook before he enters ur class.
Wash toilet
Kneel down outside the class so that every body will see him.
Ride okada
Etc

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 26, 2015
Ofumaria:
sinmilola check your mail.
Thanks I saw ur email and I hav replied
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 26, 2015
@givemejoy.
I have checked the school at 19-23 alfa aminu at pedro bussstop ..thanks a lot but they only hav space for chemistry..I would like vacancy for any of these ; french, geography, social studies, phe, even maths for jss classes n if there is any around bariga,gbagada, ikoyi, shomolu, n the environs cos I stay at bariga.. If there is also a boarding school located anywhere within lagos in need of hostel parent. I wouldn't mind dat cos I also hav experience in dat alongside yrs of teaching
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Evathyst(f): 7:16pm On Jan 26, 2015
chrisdenis01:

BE CREATIVE...... Delovelop an Incident form... Like Bullying form, Fighting, Insulting words etc develop a form where you capture the student details involved in any negative act.... Then, creat a light punishment Consequences... Like face the wall, deny student from playing football or any game(but allow he/she to watch only) etc... Please, TO all other Teacher's...Never YOU flog a child because of ANYTHING at all... Its totally a child abuse of the highest order which can affect the student whole life.... Don't even dare it.....it causes child depresion, fear, mental inactiveness,isolation etc.....finally, develope a slogan to control Indispline in school...... For example... NO FBI......... No Fighting, No Bullying, No Insultive words.. You can try it in your school... Let student be aware and always remind of it until they start saying to each other in school... It will help....
U'r joking ryt? U need to see the kinda students I'm teaching here. Students who go as far as using F words on their teachers. Try any 'No talking' sentence with them and they think u'r reciting a nursery rhyme.

As 4 me, I constantly warn them to avoid me if they wish to have a stress free term. U disturb my class, na specimen go be ur punishment. By the time u bring a frog, nobody will tell u to alwz super-glue ur lips in class. Make a noise, I'll make you form 3weeks notes in 3days after which I'll just mark and tear. As per doz who are exceptionally truant, I've got enough capital punishments for them. They wouldn't even survive it for 10mins without wailing like a bereaved.

All d above disciplinary methods, I learnt from Visiting Prof during our NYSC days at Govt Sec Sch, bakassi cross river state.

They know me nau, Mrs Thatcher. At the mention of my name, students shake like epileptic patients. Lol! wink

4 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by KBARBIE(f): 7:59pm On Jan 26, 2015
Ofumaria:
A reputable school in ipaja, lagos is recruiting qualified
and suitable candidates to fill
the following position:
Commercial teachers, science teachers, Art teachers and teachers for basic classes. Candidates must reside within or somewhere not far from the environ. Interested candidate should contact

Pls where in ipaja is the school located and name. I'm interested pls.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by alakara(m): 8:00pm On Jan 26, 2015
Evathyst:
U'r joking ryt? U need to see the kinda students I'm teaching here. Students who go as far as using F words on their teachers. Try any 'No talking' sentence with them and they think u'r reciting a nursery rhyme.

As 4 me, I constantly warn them to avoid me if they wish to have a stress free term. U disturb my class, na specimen go be ur punishment. By the time u bring a frog, nobody will tell u to alwz super-glue ur lips in class. Make a noise, I'll make you form 3weeks notes in 3days after which I'll just mark and tear. As per doz who are exceptionally truant, I've got enough capital punishments for them. They wouldn't even survive it for 10mins without wailing like a bereaved.

All d above disciplinary methods, I learnt from Visiting Prof during our NYSC days at Govt Sec Sch, bakassi cross river state.

They know me nau, Mrs Thatcher. At the mention of my name, students shake like epileptic patients. Lol! wink
Pls,
Can you pls give me some of the capital punishment.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by ravensckar(m): 8:01pm On Jan 26, 2015
Evathyst:

Even when I follow in ghost mode, some posts are so alluring that they would bring u outta ghost mode. Lol!

Sister Bisola, it's a good thing u learnt one or two things from me during our NYSC days just as I did learn a lot from you too. Lest you forget, u didn't mention that my dreaded stretching the arm punishment.

But so far so good, that my 'bring a specimen' punishment has been working wonders as students tend to desist from disturbing my class because the fear of specimens is truly the beginning of wisdom. Also, for the Junior students whom I teach, I've taught them some codes which are used in calling noise makers to order. For example, whenever a student is disturbing my class, I'll just point at him or her like that Oga at the top advert, and the whole class will shout 'Behave!'.

Another method I use which has been working so far is trying to compare them with my other students. Like if I'm teaching a particular class(say basic 7 gold) and they are disturbing me. I'll tell them that's why the other class(Basic 7 diamond) is my favourite class cos they don't disturb. Before you know it, they will start begging me to make them my favourite class. Though this method seems childish, but trust me, it has been working wonders as students especially junior students strive to be loved more than their contemporaries.

In all, I think teachers should learn to be kind to students such that even if they step beyond their bounds, we should still treat them kindly. By so doing, they will see any punishment we mete out on them as a corrective measure. It doesn't mean one has to joke around always, but by being fatherly/motherly, our students will come to respect us. And as far as I know, respect is the greatest form of love.

So far so good, the students in my new school have been very co-operating. Maybe because of the fatherly way I've been handling them sha. Even the senior students whom many teachers complain of, they respect and co-operate with me a lot. Infact, teaching them has been an awesome experience as I see them as students who would make me proud just like my golden generation students of 2013. You know them na? Those whom I moulded into a robot of all-round achievement.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Evathyst(f): 8:06pm On Jan 26, 2015
alakara:

Pls,
Can you pls give me some of the capital punishment.
Punishments like lying down on the field when the sun is not up. Stretching the arms while kneeling down, picking a pin, Riding a bike, Frog jumping, crawling on their knees to a particular distance, should I go on? tongue

Lol!
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 9:23pm On Jan 26, 2015
Sinmilola:
@givemejoy.
I have checked the school at 19-23 alfa aminu at pedro bussstop ..thanks a lot but they only hav space for chemistry..I would like vacancy for any of these ; french, geography, social studies, phe, even maths for jss classes n if there is any around bariga,gbagada, ikoyi, shomolu, n the environs cos I stay at bariga.. If there is also a boarding school located anywhere within lagos in need of hostel parent. I wouldn't mind dat cos I also hav experience in dat alongside yrs of teaching

Are you a He or a She? I need a house mistress for a boarding school in Lagos.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Odunharry(m): 10:08pm On Jan 26, 2015
Viewing this topic: ProfGday(m), sammoe(m) and 1 guest(s)
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by ProfGday(m): 10:21pm On Jan 26, 2015
Ofumaria:
Golden dr, Odunharry, Captaindo, Prof. Gday, Evasthy, givemejoy, Manie, xtfield and others. Tell the erring student to squat for thirty mins minimum or frog jump but the former is very effective..... You will thank me later
I do talk to my students whenever they misbehaved.And believed me even the Principal do referred some of these sturborn students to my office bypassing the school counsellor in the process. Corporal punishment is my last resort( just to scare d devil out of their lives)

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by kendraloops(f): 10:53pm On Jan 26, 2015
KBARBIE:

Pls where in ipaja is the school located and name. I'm interested pls.

Call the number there to find out. Time waits for no (wo)man. Goodluck.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by seedbaba(m): 11:17pm On Jan 26, 2015
I am a teacher here in abuja .. Pls if anybody is in need of a personal tutor pls u can contact me on 08066969652. Thanks
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by mokset123: 6:10am On Jan 27, 2015
mizshawny:

because I've received invites from them before. I actually went there the first time and at the end of their fake interview, we were asked to pay some 8000 for one stupid license from WHO. and they were aggressive about it
thanks
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 7:13am On Jan 27, 2015
Pls does anyone kno anything abt rose valley secondary schl OKO Oba. They called me for an interview. I hope someone can intimate me abt them...m
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by lurex2rhyme(m): 7:38am On Jan 27, 2015
am interested oo. wat is d location of d job ie wic state?. subject willing 2 teach physics
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by PeyButtons(f): 9:31am On Jan 27, 2015
LaurelP:

Go to Divine Florence Schools @ college Rd b4 Haruna junction

I went there but only to find out that the vacancy has been occupied. Thanks anyway.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by LaurelP(m): 9:39am On Jan 27, 2015
PeyButtons:

I went there but only to find out that the vacancy has been occupied. Thanks anyway.

Sorry
Seems u didn't go immediately I told u to
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by PeyButtons(f): 10:29am On Jan 27, 2015
LaurelP:

Sorry

I went there on fiday!
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by PeyButtons(f): 10:30am On Jan 27, 2015
LaurelP:

Sorry

I went there on friday!
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 27, 2015
I want to say am proud of this thread,am proud that we have unconpromising individuals and proposing an end of the year get together. What do you think?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 27, 2015
Our client; a Private Primary school in
Mende Maryland needs the services of a
teacher for urgent employment.send your
CVs to solutionplatform1@gmail.com
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 27, 2015
This is the job going on for two weeks, it's called "canvassing" more or less like going to people and knowing the mind of citizens about APC and all, it's 1,500 daily for 2wks to the election, training is already going on today, if you are interested ages 18-28. No qualifications

Not a scam, you aren't not paying a dime, a friend got this job and decided to post it here for does looking for a job call my number 09051339725.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 27, 2015
She forgot that we have guests that view. Please, whenever there is a job ad apply immediately.
LaurelP:

Sorry

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 27, 2015
School Teachers needed as home teachers for LEARNING to LEAD EDUCATION to provide instructinal support to students.

Applicants from Yaba, Lagos are
encouraged to apply as they are urgently needed for immediate employment.

Forward resume to ltltuitions@gmail.com or
call 07038410502
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 11:18am On Jan 27, 2015
Remade High School, Egan, Igando
requires the services of a Chemistry
Teacher for immediate employment
Qualification:
Bed, BSc or HND in Chemistry or other
related Chemical sciences.
Salary: Negotiable
Benefits:
-extra pay for school tutorials.
-school can provide accommodation (if
needed) at the School's Lodge.
How to apply:
From Igando bus stop, take a bike to
Remade Secondary School, Isuti Road.
Come with your CV and supporting
documents.
Please note that you may be required to
do a 5 mins microteaching.
Best Regards,
RHS management.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 27, 2015
Go and find out what they have to offer. Meanwhile, prepare for lesson note, micro teaching and current offer
Tpappie:
Pls does anyone kno anything abt rose valley secondary schl OKO Oba. They called me for an interview. I hope someone can intimate me abt them...m
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 27, 2015
Easier said. Will have to come from afar. Outside Lagos. Financial constraint and some other factors. You kno what I mean?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Omoocash(m): 1:56pm On Jan 27, 2015
vacancies exist in a reputable secondary school in Oregun, Ikeja for the following teaching vacancies:
1. Accounts Teacher
2. Food & Nutrition Teacher

All applicants must have the prerequisite qualifications and experience.
Applicants must be residing within the following axis : Oregun, Ogba, Ikeja, Opebi , Ojota , Ojodu , Berger , Aguda and its environs
Send your CV to hratepv@gmail.com, fatoki05@yahoo.com for more details, kindly call 08058462135.
Successful Applicants to resume work immediately.
Deadline for Application is 3oth January 2015

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (1041) (Reply)

Updated-New Job Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.