Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs (2569183 Views)

110, 181 Apply For 2000 Slots In Teaching Service - TESCOM / Vacancy For Those Interested In Teaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (1041) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by PeyButtons(f): 6:58pm On Aug 03, 2015
Sunnypar:
Nlevel pm avicky for details on PDip.ed. it been a while. Peybuttons... How far na? Mrhighsea....welcome. Queenex......what's the way forward? Ennyluv6, do you still have the Ijebu garri.....babe you gallant o.
Yes dear..i've been very busy. Hope everything is fine.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 8:10pm On Aug 03, 2015
nitane25:
@upload111......u rili think I haven't bn doing that?cs I have oh........wat can u do if ure nt invited.......YET?! One kps trying....I already know dese tings.......jus hopn on God 4 dt "better" move
Oh okay! Dominus vobiscum!!
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by IDrock: 8:12pm On Aug 03, 2015
Job Title: EYFS/Lower Primary/Specialty Teacher and Administrator

Org Type: Mainstream

Phase: Multi-Phase

Funding Status: Independent

Requirements

We are seeking to recruit ambitious, dedicated, creative and experienced teachers in our School.

We may be able to offer the successful candidate some flexibility in the year group to be taught.

Specialty/Subject teachers (Music, ICT/Computing, French, Fine Art, Physical Education, Librarian) are also welcome to apply.

Age Range: 2 - 11 years

Qualification Required

BA Ed., B.Sc. Ed., BEd. in related field with at least a second class lower division.

Experience Required

Minimum of 3 years working experience in an international school in any two of the following curriculums (IPC/British Curriculum/Nigerian Curriculum).

Proficiency in ICT is compulsory.

Application Closing Date

7th August 2015.

Method of Application

Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's with at least 2 listed references to:
info@jacelglobalschools.com

Note: Those that meet the criteria will be contacted.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 8:15pm On Aug 03, 2015
STENON:
Hello, Goodmorning sir,

I'm Stella from Osun state, Please I wish to apply as a subject Teacher for Physics in your school, I'm a Fresh Graduate of Adeyemi Federal University of Education, Ondo. I studied Physics and Education {BSc(Ed)} and I finished with CGPA of 4.68 on a scale of 5.00,although my final year result is yet to be out, Please I dont have any Teaching Experience except the Teaching Practice I did in my 300 level and I had an "A" grade, I can only get letter of Introduction from my HOD who was also my Project Supervisor, stating the above status of mine.

Please by considering the above, Am I eligible to apply to your school?

Thanks.

Apply first n let them be d ones to turn your application down sayin ineligible to apply.. Don't limit urself or screen out urself before u even apply.. Take d bold leap first.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 8:18pm On Aug 03, 2015
felai:
I got my first ever regret message some days ago, actually it wasn't a message it was communicated to me verbally after a written test which I shouldn't have even failed on a very good day (*must have been a not too good day sha for me and the fact that that was my first ever JOB test*).
though am yet to do the compulsory NYSC but have been applying to schools and I got this positive response from a school to come for an interview, *still wondering what attracted them to my CV sha*, I guess God just favoured me (One of the Best Schools In Nigeria, L J). Travelled down to the place for the interview but it was quite unfortunate I didn't make it past the test stage.

Anyway, I know there better days ahead.
For you reading this, don't give up on your Dreams, you will see its reality ONE day.

And a big thanks to all the Ogas in this thread we appreciate your Priceless contributions.

Thumbs up..keep trying u will get there
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by adetoks19(m): 8:27pm On Aug 03, 2015
[DaySpring Daycare Nursery And Primary School
Arowomole Road, Ogbomoso

Baptist Primary School
Origi Oko Street, ogbomoso

Comfort International School
Ayoka Road, ogbomoso

Praise Worth Nursery And Primary School
Off Lam Adesina Street, ogbomoso

An-Nur Acadeny
Beside Haramain Mosque

Olapeju Model School
Ibapon Road, ogbomoso

Hephzibah Model School
Omowunmi Area

Mother Comfort Alpha Schools
Oke Alapata Area
Tnks sir.bt any idea abt dere pay range
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 8:41pm On Aug 03, 2015
spicy244:

Well said dear.. Also facing some challenges too bout teaching. I read education but don't av passion for teaching. I had to accept my admission back then hoping I will change later... Just wished I had changed. I even picked a course I don't really have interest in cos my dad kinda discouraged me from the one I really have passion for. But I'm sure God will see me tru

Nigerians always lean towards religion n supernatural being when tins go awkward. My dear ur destiny is in ur own hands ,,u can re-write ur own story..throw away dat feeling of hopelessness. forget what parents made u do or not do..
There was a time I wanted to apply for a supervisor job somewhere n my own dad was like "did u study management?" U can't get a job there o.. I remember replying him saying "dis is naija, any graduate can work in any industry or field, depending ... Anyway to cut long story short ,I got the job .infact I was given two weeks training with pay n lunch..before I fully started.. Dat was yrs ago. now its a diff story tho. So don't give up dear.. Jus pull urself together n I am telling u with all conviction "U CAN RE-WRITE YOUR STORY".

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 8:57pm On Aug 03, 2015
artisticallyart:
Ofumaria:

My first interview was at Ogun, I goofed seriously. I did not divide the board into two, no date, no topic and to top it I was not talking to my students (interviewers). They told me they way I was teaching I could only teach University undergraduates.
After, the interview I was not selected as usual "we would get back to you" was the words the panel used.

Second interview, Kai! That when I knew unemployement is real and my 180k for a start disappeared. See crowd. Simple questions but the major thing they were looking at was those that could prepare lessons note which one of the invigilator told us............ I messed up. I no bother go back to the school, as I reach house na im I carry my mama lesson note begin dey study as if na final year exams I wan write.

Third interview, I knew I was going to kill them, I passed the test, lesson note but goofed again at micro teaching, why? I was not vast with the topic I selected (respiration) but this time I was confident, ruled the board, wrote the date and topic, but did not make the list.

Fourth interview, I prepared well, corrected all my mistakes. Interview started with waec past questions, I did not prepare for it at all, dem no call me- meaning I failed.

Note:I did not give up, I fell, I dusted myself up and tried again and in the process learnt and after each interview, I went back to look at my mistakes

Finally, I was coming from one of those frustrating interviews where they would drill you like say them wan pay you 1m, with two different panels. I just decided to log on to Nairaland and saw one advert and I applied by calling the number. I was asked to come to the school immediately. Right there and there I was given a micro teaching, na vexation I use finish the topic with confidence, this time mistakes made were corrected. The interviewer was shocked and was amazed that I did not teach while serving, how come I was able to perform exceptionally well? Says the interviewer, I answered, "I try to be the best in anything I want to do". He stared at me, looked at my resume and ask, if I can write a lesson plan, I replied, no sir. He fired another question in my discipline, I just laugh for my mind, the same question they asked in the just concluded waec examination, I aced it. As usual, the question applicants do not like came up.
Interviewer: How much do you intend to earn?
Me: sir, let me think. Am I working at present? No, do I need the job yes, why? I do not have any work experience and am tired of staying at home. All of these were questions running in my head. He told me, they were offering 30k........ I grabbed it with both hands.
After a year, I was at Ipaja with accomodation 50k. I got another offer at Owode!!!! I picked the former. Less I forget, lesson dey involve o, I take home say between 75-80, just 8.00pm-4.00pm with accommodation, no traffic, not like that my Banker friend that does 5.00am-10.00pm. There is money in teaching, especially if you know your onions well.

The above account was from Ofumaria.
Cc
Ravenackar
Avicky
Evathsty
Upload111
Oluemmakay
Toluls
Jrosy
Bettydee
Chukwuma101
We await your account.

I hav been seeing you posting n reminding us to tell our story...ur own nko?? Anyway mine is loading... Wud "Upload" it soon *smiles*
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 9:19pm On Aug 03, 2015
lacum:

i hv submitted to schools around me. i also saw ur post but no school from imo or anambra is there. if u know of some good schoools with vacancy especially for an economics teacher pls let me know.
i also told wrote the names of some schools i submitted cv in my post b4 the one u quoted
Nice but also get a critic to look at ur cv for u..u gotta package ur cv well before u send or drop it in places
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by nazablossom(f): 9:23pm On Aug 03, 2015
Good evening
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by ancashy(f): 10:30pm On Aug 03, 2015
Please, any vacancy for Music teacher,especially practical learning of instruments, home tutor services too available.
Thanks
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by avicky(f): 10:40pm On Aug 03, 2015
Sunnypar:
what is this? Are Nigerian graduate not good enough? Smh.

I am currently working on my thesis and it's about the prejudice of Ghanaian English over Nigerian English.

So I will like to use your comment in my data. I need your permission.

In your opinion, do you think Ghanaians speak standard English better than Nigerians?

Cc artisticallyart
Upload111
Manie
Evathyst
Ravensckar
GoldenDr
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by queenex(f): 10:46pm On Aug 03, 2015
Sunnypar:
Nlevel pm avicky for details on PDip.ed. it been a while. Peybuttons... How far na? Mrhighsea....welcome. Queenex......what's the way forward? Ennyluv6, do you still have the Ijebu garri.....babe you gallant o.
@ sunnypar......making progress,skuls arent smiling ooo
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Larry37(m): 10:50pm On Aug 03, 2015
Sunnypar:

It is easy to criticize, appreciate school owners that provide educational services and employment opportunities despite harsh economic conditions, government taxes, debts from parents and not to mentioned irrecoverable debts, Maintenance e.t.c if you think it is easy ask Bettydee & tenerlyme and go open yours.
When an opinion is expunged it doesn't mean all of them are guilty just some greedy ones that intentionally do more harm than good and i know what i wrote earlier experience matters bro......go get one *winks*
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Larry37(m): 10:53pm On Aug 03, 2015
koweeducare:
Try this Replace the dot with . And paste on your browser www dot goo dot gl/forms/eTxhe9qF2g
Tanx man it worked i was the one that sent you a message on whatsapp earlier.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 2:26am On Aug 04, 2015
Yes, they do.
avicky:

I am currently working on my thesis and it's about the prejudice of Ghanaian English over Nigerian English.

In your opinion, do you think Ghanaians speak standard English better than Nigerians?

Cc artisticallyart
Upload111
Manie
Evathyst
Ravensckar
GoldenDr
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 3:36am On Aug 04, 2015
Permission granted. In fact through out my post nursery education, I was taught by Ghanians. Impeccable spoken and written English. They speak better English than Nigerians.
avicky:

Cc artisticallyart
Upload111
Manie
Evathyst
Ravensckar
GoldenDr
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 4:14am On Aug 04, 2015
It amazes me when most of "us" come out of to say you have tried and there is no response. In my days of job hunting, you have to be smart, sharp and be prepared.

Here are few things you need to work on;

Curriculum Vitae
Please check your cv properly, are there spellings mistakes, punctuation errors, not properly outlined cv, wrong use of words, fonts and colours.
Your CV is the first point of contact before meeting you and it says a lot about you.
It baffles me when you write on your cv that you pay attention to details yet there are spelling errors on the cv. I would not invite you.

Communication skills
Communication is passing across an ideas, opinion or information.
Some of us have very bad communication skills, when communicating with your peers/contemporaries or colleagues is a problem, how much more students/Pupils.

Teaching Methods
Someone has made mention it, as how he was able to bench a teacher in Dee Unique because of his teaching style.
There are teaching styles/methods, we have fond memories of teachers in our alma-matars, pick their style and modernise it.

Information Communication Technology
It is no longer news that ICT has come to stay in the education sector, very few schools use ICT methods of teaching but it is not an excuse for you not to operate a computer.
I was always the first to finish my exams questions and compute students results way back. With the aid of a computer, you are effective and efficient.

@Golden Dr., greetings, but spoon feeding would not help "them". Hunger wey get hope, will eat.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 4:29am On Aug 04, 2015
queenex:
@ sunnypar......making progress,skuls arent smiling ooo
grin
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 4:35am On Aug 04, 2015
ancashy:
Please, any vacancy for Music teacher,especially practical learning of instruments, home tutor services too available.
Thanks
please refer to previous posts.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 4:39am On Aug 04, 2015
Madam, have like say 100 copies of your CV and just distribute to that school close to the bus/stop, then another very close to the gas station and the one behind the tax office.
nazablossom:
good evening all. i have been following this thread for sometime now and i like how things are handled here. i just moved to a new area , obadore/ akesan in igando/ ikotun local government. i want to submit my cv to schools around that area , i dont know if there is anybody here that's familiar with that area that will help me out by suggesting schools i should visit.
i don't have much experience , i only taught during my service year at junior secondary. i am a graduate of business admin(HND). please help a sister out
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 4:40am On Aug 04, 2015
upload111:

I hav been seeing you posting n reminding us to tell our story...ur own nko?? Anyway mine is loading... Wud "Upload" it soon *smiles*
I have giving a detailed account of mine. Check page 76 or so.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 6:13am On Aug 04, 2015
Sunnypar:
what is this? Are Nigerian graduate not good enough? Smh.

My young cousin who graduated from University of Legon Ghana, said most of the textbooks they used were written by Nigerian authors and Professors.

3 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 6:16am On Aug 04, 2015
artisticallyart:
Permission granted. In fact through out my post nursery education, I was taught by Ghanians. Impeccable spoken and written English. They speak better English than Nigerians.

This is debatable, but I do not think they speak better English than us.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by queenex(f): 7:13am On Aug 04, 2015
manie:

This is debatable, but I do not think they speak better English than us.
yes it is debatable. I have stayed in ghana for 3yrs running a programme,my dear it is incomparable,Ghanaian english is better off dan ours

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by idgerrard(m): 7:15am On Aug 04, 2015
I am in dire need of teaching job in Abeokuta,ifo and sango area.I study Economics Education.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 04, 2015
idgerrard:
I am in dire need of teaching job in Abeokuta,ifo and sango area.I study Economics Education.
Check previous posts.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 04, 2015
Sherryshitt.....how are you doing?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 04, 2015
Sir, written and spoken English are two different thing.
manie:

My young cousin who graduated from University of Legon Ghana, said most of the textbooks they used were written by Nigerian authors and Professors.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 04, 2015
koweeducare:
PRIVATE HOME TUTOR

We are an Educational Services and Consultancy Organization www.keducare.com with value enriching services across the country. In view of openings for Private Tutors, we are therefore recruiting for competent and disciplined tutors that will meet our clients request.
Home Tutors can find part-time or full-time employment that allows you to achieve working with as many students as you can comfortably fit into, while earning the salary you desire and continuous flow of extra income.
If you have passion for teaching and competent in hot demand subjects and skills,

click www.keducare.com/application-form

to get connected
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 04, 2015
jekks:
As For those of you living within itire/ijesha axis interested in teaching I saw a vacancy of a school in need of physics and basic tech teacher address is 36 twins Street itire/ijesha surulere qualifications Bsc or B. Tech just wish to share since its the aim of the thread Good luck
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 04, 2015
Pinkielytee:
Job Vacancies exists for;

1. Teachers (with NCE or B.Ed qualification)
2. Paedatric Nurse
3. Security
4. Janitor/Cleaner
5. Admin Staff

We are a Daycare/Nursery School located in Port Harcourt City. We are looking for people who are naturally good with little kids of 6 months - 3 years. Experience in teaching in a daycare/nursery, working in children's department in a hospital/church etc will be an added advantage.
Please send your CVs to pinkielytee@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (1041) (Reply)

Updated-New Job Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.