Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,383 members, 7,781,089 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:42 AM

Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs (2553684 Views)

110, 181 Apply For 2000 Slots In Teaching Service - TESCOM / Vacancy For Those Interested In Teaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (1041) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 23, 2014
Caring Heart Initiative (CHI) is recruiting to fill
the vacant position of:
Job Title: Summer Teacher (Commercial)
Duties
To teach Kids Club members commercial
subjects during this summer holiday.
To prepare kids for next session resumption
To give quality teaching to Kids and assess
their performance during the period
Qualification:
NCE/B/Ed in related discipline
At least 2 years working experience in related
work environment
Excellent communication skill
Applicants must reside in Lagos
Application Closing Date
27th August, 20114
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send
CV to: career.caringheart@yahoo.com using
subject as the subject of the mail.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 23, 2014
The American University of
Nigeria (AUN) - Established in 2003 by Nigeria's former Vice President His Excellency,
Atiku Abubakar along with other local and international statesmen and academic leaders.
The institution was conceived as Africa's first Development University. Its mission is to
pioneer service learning and build leaders who will be prepared to tackle societal concerns.
Located in Yola, Adamawa State, the University is a world-class career-oriented institution
missioned to be an agent of change in the development of the region. AUN has a strong
commitment to providing the skills and the leadership essential to solving the continent's
critical social and economic problems. The university offers an American-style education
modelled after the curriculum of American universities with corresponding approaches to
teaching and students assessment. The first entering class of 124 students and 20
professors was enrolled in September 2005. The University started on temporary buildings
at the AUN Academy located directly opposite the AUN campus. In seven years, AUN is fast
becoming a model for other universities in Nigeria and West Africa.
American University of Nigerian is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Manager
Job Descriptions
The Senior IT Engineer assists students, faculty and staff to maintain, repair and
configure laptops and desktops.
IT Engineer is responsible for general maintenance of University's desktops and laptops.
S(he) is responsible for supporting and maintaining the university's Computers and
peripherals, and for providing efficient desktop support for members of the university
community.
The IT engineer is also responsible for resolving any IT-related faults quickly and
efficiently, including a broad range of queries from how to set up an email account to
system diagnostics, plus enhancing and developing the IT provision extended within the
university.
Job Requirements
A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from a recognized tertiary institution in a
relevant field, with 1 (one) year of experience.
Advanced knowledge of university supported applications.
Ability to learn and support new technologies.
Possess high level interpersonal communication skills.
Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if
appropriate).
Other Requirements
Adequate knowledge of AUN Policies and Procedures and the university IT Policy.
Possess high level interpersonal communication skills.
Application Closing Date
22nd September, 2014
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and
references to recruitment@aun.edu.ng
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 23, 2014
Nigeria (AUN) - Established in 2003 by Nigeria's former Vice President His Excellency,
Atiku Abubakar along with other local and international statesmen and academic leaders.
The institution was conceived as Africa's first Development University. Its mission is to
pioneer service learning and build leaders who will be prepared to tackle societal concerns.
Located in Yola, Adamawa State, the University is a world-class career-oriented institution
missioned to be an agent of change in the development of the region. AUN has a strong
commitment to providing the skills and the leadership essential to solving the continent's
critical social and economic problems. The university offers an American-style education
modelled after the curriculum of American universities with corresponding approaches to
teaching and students assessment. The first entering class of 124 students and 20
professors was enrolled in September 2005. The University started on temporary buildings
at the AUN Academy located directly opposite the AUN campus. In seven years, AUN is fast
Job Title: Tennis and Badminton Coach
Job Responsibilities
Coach is the person responsible for all aspects of leading the AUN Tennis & Badminton
teams.This includes, but is not limited to, recruitment of prospective student-athletes,
student-athlete development, game preparation and strategy, supervision of assistant
coaches, scheduling, alumni and public relations, fundraising, adherence to rules and
regulations guiding professional tennis/badmiton in the university level, and general
administrative duties.
The Coach will also be responsible for supporting the philosophy, goals and Mission of
the university and its Athletic program as well as adherence departmental, university,
and national policies and procedures guiding the games.
Position Requirements
A Bachelor's degree from a recognized tertiary institution and appropriate athletic
training.
Two (2) years successful coaching experience.
Experience to carry out the responsibilities, including knowledge of exercise and weight
training, sports activities, and physical conditioning.
Other Requirements
Knowledge of overall operations of an athletic program.
Proven knowledge AUN's Policies governing athletics and recreation.
Ability to interpret AUN's Policies and Procedures.
Ability to manage budget and personnel, and coordinate athletics activities.
Strong communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills.
Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible, and serve as a role
model for all university staff and students.
Remuneration
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved
by the University.
Application Closing Date
26th August, 2014
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 23, 2014
Job Title: Executive Administrative Assistant
Job Responsibilities
The incumbent candidate is charge with the responsibility of providing high-level
administrative support for the Dean in accordance with AUN Policies and Procedures,
preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical
functions which include but are not limited to preparing correspondence, travels,
receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings.
The Executive Assistant shall also relieve the Dean of administrative detail by
coordinating work flow within the department, setting up "tickler" system and setting up
an "exception reporting" system to handle routine tasks without supervision. Also, the
Executive Assistant shall routinely re-order office supplies.
Position Requirements
A Bachelor's degree from a recognized tertiary institution; four years increasingly
responsible office support/administrative experience OR any equivalent combination of
education and/or experience.
Knowledge of :
a.) University policies and procedures affecting assigned work.
b.) Office administration principles and practices.
c.) Budgeting procedures and financial record keeping.
Skill in English composition, grammar and punctuation.
Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and academic acumen.
Skill in compiling and presenting statistical information.
Other Requirements/Abilities
Energetic, dynamic personality.
Ability to perform consistently under pressure and to work cooperatively with others.
Ability to represent the Dean's Office in a professional manner.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Ability to receive and follow instruction.
Ability to run several projects at the same time simultaneously with high level
efficiency.
Application Closing Date
August 22nd, 2014
How to Apply
Note
The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by coolestboy(m): 8:37pm On Aug 23, 2014
choirmistress: In , reference to your application submitted to kingscollegeowodeyewa¡yahoo.com or inestimablejewel2014¡gmail.com, kings college is inviting u for interview on 26th Aug 2014 by 10am. Pls be punctual. details call 08029300415. Regards.description of d school, from sango-ota, board a car or bus going to owode idiroko then alight at d last bus stop, mount a bike tell him u are going to King's college along ilaro road. We are sorry for d misinformation and any inconviences we might have caused u.
I also got d invitatn and i called d numba but d man said d interview is monday nt tuesday. Please we need sumbody 2 confirm diz coz i wil b cumin frm a long distance.
Moreover, watz d pay like?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 23, 2014
coolestboy:
I also got d invitatn and i called d numba but d man said d interview is monday nt tuesday. Please we need sumbody 2 confirm diz coz i wil b cumin frm a long distance.
Moreover, watz d pay like?
why didn't you ask him about the pay?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by coolestboy(m): 9:05pm On Aug 23, 2014
Givemejoy: why didn't you ask him about the pay?
I felt he might be part of d decision making body and may not divulge such info to a prospective worker or wat do u think? Did u receive d invite too?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Generica(m): 9:06pm On Aug 23, 2014
Please, is there any good secondary school in Lagos looking for a Mathematics teacher?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 23, 2014
Generica: Please, is there any good secondary school in Lagos looking for a Mathematics teacher?
please go through previous posts.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 23, 2014
coolestboy:
I felt he might be part of d decision making body and may not divulge such info to a prospective worker or wat do u think? Did u receive d invite too?
you would have told him your have 4yrs teaching experience and stay in the east and would want to know if it is worth it.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Generica(m): 9:53pm On Aug 23, 2014
choirmistress: For those that have been invited for Christ the Redeemer Secondary School (CRSS), congratulation to be selected amongst the multitude that applied. However, that is just the first step, I will suggest you read Xtfield post and please be grounded in the subjected you are being invited for. All the best.
Please, how can I contact or send my CV? Hope it isn't too late.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by coolestboy(m): 9:57pm On Aug 23, 2014
Givemejoy: you would have told him your have 4yrs teaching experience and stay in the east and would want to know if it is worth it.
U're right sha. Can u pls help us by doin dt? He knws my numba n i wouldn't want to risk my integrity.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 23, 2014
coolestboy:
U're right sha. Can u pls help us by doin dt? He knws my numba n i would want to risk my integrity.
Are call center not in business anymore?

I will draw a conclusion based on xtfield who advertised, willing to give accommodation for a year after which you leave and remuneration was 20k. The pay could be above that of xtfield.

In this case, the accommodation is like forever and am guessing it is aboarding school, not quite sure. Although advert says salary is VERY ATTRACTIVE, when you get their on Monday or Tuesady you will decide if you will like to take the job or not.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by coolestboy(m): 10:44pm On Aug 23, 2014
Givemejoy: Are call center not in business anymore?

I will draw a conclusion based on xtfield who advertised, willing to give accommodation for a year after which you leave and remuneration was 20k. The pay could be above that of xtfield.

In this case, the accommodation is like forever and am guessing it is aboarding school, not quite sure. Although advert says salary is VERY ATTRACTIVE, when you get their on Monday or Tuesady you will decide if you will like to take the job or not.
Tankz ma'am. Wil giv it a try anyway.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Generica(m): 11:20pm On Aug 23, 2014
Givemejoy: Massive Job Vacancies At A Reputable School
– Over 30 Openings
As a result of expansion in the new school
year, we require well qualified and seasoned
professionals with proven track records, for
both teaching and non-teaching appointments
in our exciting schools.
A.) Nursery and Primary Schools
Academic Coordinators
Classroom Teachers
Sectional Administrators
Subject Teachers in Science, Computer,
Music, Arts, French & Yoruba
B.) Secondary Schools/A-level Schools (Day &
boarding)
Management: (Min 12 years experience)
Principal, Senior School
Principal, Junior School
Vice Principals
Academic Coordinators
C.) Teachers: (Min of 7 years experience.)
Mathematics
Physics
Chemistry
Biology
English
Eng-in-Lit
Music
Agric. Science
Basic Science
Fine Art
Yoruba
Financial Accounting
Food & Nutrition
Home Economics
Social Studies
PHE
Economics
Christian Religious
Knowledge
Basic Technology
Biology
Insurance
Business Studies
Insurance
Geography
Commerce
ICT Teacher.
D.) Non-Teaching
Group Accountant
Group Internal Auditor
Management Accountant
Bursars
Account Supervisors
House Mothers
House Fathers
Baby Minders
College Nurses
Public Relations Officers
Personal Assistants/Secretaries.
Method of Application
Due to the philosophy of our schools, only
applicants who are practicing Christians are
encouraged to apply. They must have good
ICT literacy and be proficient in both oral and
written communication. Suitable candidates
are to apply to:
P.O. Box 111
Unilag Post Office.
Akoka, Yaba, Lagos
I'm interested, but is there no email address for it?

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 24, 2014
send your cv too vacancy@teamclicks.org. type
"nairaland admin refer" in the subject.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by bornagain1509(f): 4:44pm On Aug 24, 2014
choirmistress: There is a vacancy artisticallyart or givemejoy posted and he is suitable for the job. Pleade, do check.
plz how many pages back?
Artisticallyart and givemejoy please help a brother
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by choirmistress: 6:17pm On Aug 24, 2014
bornagain1509: plz how many pages back?
Artisticallyart and givemejoy please help a brother
Start from 28 down..... the earlier the better.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by bornagain1509(f): 6:53pm On Aug 24, 2014
choirmistress: Start from 28 down..... the earlier the better.
thanks.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by motunmyde: 6:53pm On Aug 24, 2014
Evening all,am a newbie here.just bumped into this thread few minutes ago. Pls I have a job interview tomorrow morning.I will be glad if anyone can give me a clue on interview questions applicants are been asked,for a teaching job. This is my first time of going for a teaching interview.please help out. Thank you as I await ur response(s)
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 24, 2014
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by motunmyde: 9:39pm On Aug 24, 2014
bitola: The interview I attended, the questions I was asked were : what the qualities Of a good teacher were, how to prepare a lesson note (you can check google for that), those are d ones I remember.

Thank bitola,I appreciate
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 24, 2014
Givemejoy: There is nothing wrong with the way you have answered the questions, but as for salary I have learnt it is your power to negotiate which has been highlighted by someone on this forum. You are within range...... no need to worry.
As for your experience, it was a great one........ lol!!! Schoolz that usually set above 50% as pass mark in my experience pay well.....ask Pacific Secondary school..... Please, do prepare for another because am sure you will get an invite and you will nail/ace it.

In addition, abeg, please, joor,biko, dan lah set a target for yourself.
Finally, thanks for sharing with us.
Pls what do you mean by setting a target for myself? I want to know thanks. smiley
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 24, 2014
Chessville college/school is in need of Geography, Physics and Chemistry teacher. I saw the vacancy around Iju Ishaga today before Toyin bus stop.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by choirmistress: 10:44pm On Aug 24, 2014
DoveQueen: Chessville college/school is in need of Geography, Physics and Chemistry teacher. I saw the vacancy around Iju Ishaga today before Toyin bus stop.
Thanks so much.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by choirmistress: 10:46pm On Aug 24, 2014
DoveQueen: Pls what do you mean by setting a target for myself? I want to know thanks. smiley
am sure, she meant not been comfortable in that line of career, even if it a choosen career aim for a better place where there will be growth and career advancement.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 24, 2014
choirmistress: am sure, she meant nothing been comfortable in that line of career, even if it a choosen career aim for a better place where there will be growth and career advancement.
That is actually what i plan doing seeking for a better place. Thanks smiley
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by LuckyDaniels(m): 10:17am On Aug 25, 2014
God bless Nigeria!
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by LuckyDaniels(m): 10:18am On Aug 25, 2014
manie:

I have your CV, your number is 0703448--77. Can you teach at Ikorodu, accommodation will be given.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by choirmistress: 10:36am On Aug 25, 2014
LuckyDaniels:
Good morning sir,
Do you have any openings at ikorodu? I can effectively handle mathematics and basic technology. I also reside in ikorodu
Don't you think calling the person is be better?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by SarahD(f): 11:52am On Aug 25, 2014
GoldenDr: Hmmmmmmm......... okay I'll look out for you, but meanwhile check within and around Ojo for schools there.

@Golden thanks alot, will really appreciate it. But i have checked around n d pay is almost d same as where am teaching at the moment. I dont mind relocating to anothr area in lagos as long as accomodation will be provided. Pls if u knw of a school that needs an account teacher and can provide accomodation, pls help me out. Thanks.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by SarahD(f): 11:56am On Aug 25, 2014
Givemejoy: send your cv too vacancy@teamclicks.org. type
"nairaland admin refer" in the subject.

Pls sis, does the school need an account teacher and will they be able to provide accommodation.
Pls reply, thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (1041) (Reply)

Updated-New Job Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.