Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,758 members, 7,802,321 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (339) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs (2566419 Views)

110, 181 Apply For 2000 Slots In Teaching Service - TESCOM / Vacancy For Those Interested In Teaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (1041) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by fishierichy(m): 7:29pm On Aug 28, 2015
helen4:
most schools within sagamu town pay between #25k -#35k. No welfare packages except the co-operative society that some run. No accomodation unless bade unik will start that now.
do u stay in shagamu and av gud info abt the school in question?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by ajasa4link: 7:35pm On Aug 28, 2015
pateffy:
Am here again to narrate my ordeal for an interview in a school today got dere early interview started @ abt 10 wt question paper I answered all after den ws oral interview did my best be4 den the skul already Tld me to prepare a topic on either govt or civic education on geting to the micro teaching part I was given a topic wc I didn't prepare for Nigerian constitution, immediately Tld d principal I wasnt prepared for that but I have anoda topic to teach on since I was already Tld to prepare she insisted on me taking her own topic not too fall my hand still told her I wasn't prepared 4 dat she sat me dwn talk abt d salary and she sed she will get bk 2 me.
Was I rng in sayn I wasn't prepared and wat is my fate.
Bro sincerely u gaffed by turning down that topic. U should've given the topic a try,especially when the topic is not too hard compared to other government topics. I mean even if u are not prepared, u could've given them a definition of constitution which u can easily form in ur head on the spot, tell them about the 1999 constitution, talk about d provisions of the Constitution concerning number of senators, number of reps in d house, state house of assembly, exclusive list, etc... Just these things would've been enough, am sure they too will not expect u to tell them every damn thing about d topic. I just hope u will be called for the job.

3 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 7:42pm On Aug 28, 2015
ajasa4link:

Bro sincerely u gaffed by turning down that topic. U should've given the topic a try,especially when the topic is not too hard compared to other government topics. I mean even if u are not prepared, u could've given them a definition of constitution which u can easily form in ur head on the spot, tell them about the 1999 constitution, talk about d provisions of the Constitution concerning number of senators, number of reps in d house, state house of assembly, exclusive list, etc... Just these things would've been enough, am sure they too will not expect u to tell them every damn thing about d topic. I just hope u will be called for the job.

I doubt if he would be called back, no one will want to employ a troublesome or an argumentative employee.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by ajasa4link: 7:47pm On Aug 28, 2015
upload111:

Try doregos at mosan..
Ok, tnx bro. I will give them a trial next week.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 7:59pm On Aug 28, 2015
joseph310588:
That word tho... It wuld seem it readily comes to u and u seem to have a mastery of itz usage...reason isn't far fetched I'd guess. Isn't dat why we are avin dis exchange? Well, I guess it goes without saying. U can choose to appear corrigible and tow the honourable path. U can as well choose to show us who really is the belligerent one and help my argument. #ChooseWisely#

I see u have more time trying to cause a debade . U claim to b a silent observer but become loud suddenly to cause probs.. I won't dally words with you any longer .."Silence they say is the ....." Fill in d space .

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by LaurelP(m): 8:12pm On Aug 28, 2015
pateffy:
Am here again to narrate my ordeal for an interview in a school today got dere early interview started @ abt 10 wt question paper I answered all after den ws oral interview did my best be4 den the skul already Tld me to prepare a topic on either govt or civic education on geting to the micro teaching part I was given a topic wc I didn't prepare for Nigerian constitution, immediately Tld d principal I wasnt prepared for that but I have anoda topic to teach on since I was already Tld to prepare she insisted on me taking her own topic not too fall my hand still told her I wasn't prepared 4 dat she sat me dwn talk abt d salary and she sed she will get bk 2 me.

Bro, what sort of grammatical construction is this?

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by coolhamid(m): 8:14pm On Aug 28, 2015
talk2yommex2000:
Please house, is anyone having information about Goodwill International School, Ikorodu. A younger brother of mine learnt through his friend who applied there recently that a written test/interview is to take place there on Saturday (tomorrow). My questions are as follows:

1. Is gate-crashing possible?
2. What is their pay range (i.e. salary structure)
3. What to prepare for (i.e. likely questions and format for both test and interview)

CC:

gpercuxionz
manie
morrygreat
Larry37
Funminicrown
avicky
ronie24
LaurelP
nasties
donmarshal1
coolhamid
afynwa
naturalmi
upload111
omawunmie85
damilola87
GoldenDr
queenex
idgerrard
dosht
deesnipes
Tomi777
neyosea25
pheighty
noheelah
daff12
Toyfad
lufizzkids
endtime1
dayo20002002
pweetyoge
upload111
mfonukp
nifton
Macjc
ocool
nitane25
avalontony
Evathyst

Gate crashing is allowed, you may get the job by gate crashing. Who knows ?

Let's assume you can teach geography, when you get to venue of the interview, you would be asked of the subject you applied for(that is if they don't have the list of applicants ), tell them the subject you know u can teach...
Questions relating to such Subject would be set as interview questions..

As regards to salary structure, bro I don't know it becoz I stay far from ikorodu.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Kazrem(m): 8:39pm On Aug 28, 2015
ajasa4link:

You have said it all bro . In fact he ought to have told him he didn't prepare for that topic but will try his best. With that he would have guided himself with "safety net". And from experience, at least to me personally, you do well when you teach impromptu (in micro teaching) because you purge out everything you know which will show your versatility.

I doubt if he would be called back.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by marvelito: 8:40pm On Aug 28, 2015
Sunnypar:

That is not true. We share information, overtime I learnt that those in Porthacourt are hoarding information and very few are willing to give relevant information except government teachers. I had to leave that town, why? It was expensive and opportunities are limited, hence my porting to Lagos.
There are schools that give accommodation in lagod but would not pay more than 30k which is fair in my opinion.....the opportunities are here(Lagos) with crazy living conditions.
thanks for d correction. I dnt know why i even made dat error. After making same error bf now. I will b careful nxt time. Thanks
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by avicky(f): 8:47pm On Aug 28, 2015
ravensckar:
When an employer pays peanuts as salary, he often gets monkeys as staff. Honestly, it's not the fault of those school owners who pay graduates peanuts, but the fault of the graduates themselves who ask for it.

Most interviews I've been to, the way & manner our 'so-called' graduates behave is abysmally unacceptable. Hian! First, you would hear an engineering graduate telling an employer that he can teach Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Agric Sci. Bros! Are you related to Albert Einstein ni? .

Sometimes, it's a graduate that will try to score cheap point with a fellow graduate by poking holes in the former's presentation. Mr ITK, your case dey court. Often times, it's another graduate stammering, stuttering, and trembling like an epileptic patient just because of micro-teaching. Haba! You no defend your project for school ni?

A few others don't even value the certificate they are carrying about, as if they went to school during the era of free education. If not why should an employer 'price' me for 20K and I wouldn't be able to give him a scornful look? Shey 20K is the cost of my acceptance fee or just the hand-outs I bought in the Univ?

Finally, the 'imaginary' unemployment situation has so scared a lotta graduates that they have become anywhere belle face. I used to tell people, if you sell yourself cheap just because you're hungry, never will you get your pride back even when the hunger subsides.

The summary of my 'epistle' is that value yourself.
- It's how you carry yourself that others will receive you.
- No matter the situation of the economy. A person who originated from the lineage of lions shouldn't settle for grass. If graduates now begin to accept 20K for a job, in what way are we better than those factory workers who collect anything 'supervisor' pays.
- Whenever we go for job interviews, let's try as much as possible to be fully prepared so that those employers wouldn't have the cause to ridicule our hard-earned certificate.
- All those ITKs that usually poke holes in their fellow graduates presentation just to score cheap points. Blowing off another man's candle wouldn't make yours shine brighter. Ehn! Make we dey try protect each other's back because an injury to one is an injury to all.

P.S: That criminal on this forum who scammed me of over 100K, if you no pay me my hard-earned money on the 2nd of Sept, the thunder wey go fire you still they do press-up. You always tell me that you read whatever I post here, and so I'm using this medium to warn you of my wrath that knows no bound. Once I get you, I'll expose you on this same forum where I met you. A word they say is enough....

Falls off the bed. You won't kill me o. grin cheesy. Multi-tasking teachers.

Abeg who be the scammer and how were you scammed? Please spill the beans.

4 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Dammie199(f): 8:48pm On Aug 28, 2015
Pls house......I ve got a written interview 2morrow nd I don't knw wot to be expecting.....Can somebody pls help me out
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by avicky(f): 9:08pm On Aug 28, 2015
joseph310588:
oga... Apologize openly having lashed out at the lady openly... Isn't dat wat a sane gentleman would do...even without been told? U av some winning over to do on ppl lyk me on this thread that alrdy sees u in bad light... Do the needful!

Can you let this ish slide already? And besides nobody is forcing you to join the group. You can always be here and get all your info.

Let upload111 be for pete's sake.
The lady in question said her phone was faulty to chat on the group yet it's not faulty to chat on the thread.
Besides, info strictly meant for the party is to be handled on the group not here. So she knows.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by nitane25(f): 9:10pm On Aug 28, 2015
ajasa4link:

he sd he wasn't prepared.....hw wld he hv said all dese? Nawa4u ooo

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by avicky(f): 9:13pm On Aug 28, 2015
joseph310588:
see her teaching you how to do it right. Take a cue from her bro, it won't cost u an arm and a leg

Attention seeker.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by avicky(f): 9:20pm On Aug 28, 2015
joseph310588:
That word tho... It wuld seem it readily comes to u and u seem to have a mastery of itz usage...reason isn't far fetched I'd guess. Isn't dat why we are avin dis exchange? Well, I guess it goes without saying. U can choose to appear corrigible and tow the honourable path. U can as well choose to show us who really is the belligerent one and help my argument. #ChooseWisely#

I can see today is your birthday trouble maker. Enjoy the attention you so much crave for.

Upload111 don't reply this dude. He's really not worth it. Trust me.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Larry37(m): 9:32pm On Aug 28, 2015
upload111:

I see u have more time trying to cause a debade . U claim to b a silent observer but become loud suddenly to cause probs.. I won't dally words with you any longer .."Silence they say is the ....." Fill in d space .
i have sent my details to you......how will i connect or search for/to the group on whatsapp?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Larry37(m): 9:39pm On Aug 28, 2015
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL STAFF VACANCIES- the Apostolic Church Schools invite applications from suitable candidates to fill the following vacant positions in Nursery/Primary and Senior Secondary Sections: Principal, Vice Principal, Head Teacher, Assistant Head Teacher, Subject Teachers, Class Teachers, School Matron, Secretary, Cleaners, Drivers, Biology, Civic Education (Senior Secondary), English, Mathematics (Basic 4-6).
How to Apply
ADVERTISEMENT

Applicants to submit five copies hand-written applications with detailed resume and copies of relevant credentials in sealed A4 Envelop marked top left corner position to The School Administrator within two weeks from the date of this publication.
1 ,Apostolic Faith Campground, Anthony Village, Lagos Mainland, Lagos, Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Larry37(m): 9:40pm On Aug 28, 2015
SCHOOL VACANCIES at Surulere for Music teacher, Fine Art teacher.
How to Apply

Write to busyseller85@yahoo.com within 1 week.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by joseph310588: 9:41pm On Aug 28, 2015
avicky:

I can see today is your birthday trouble maker. Enjoy the attention you so much crave for.
Upload111 don't reply this dude. He's really not worth it. Trust me.
avicky:

Can you let this ish slide already? And besides nobody is forcing you to join the group. You can always be here and get all your info.

The lady in question said her phone was faulty to chat on the group yet it's not faulty to chat on the thread.
Besides, info strictly meant for the party is to be handled on the group not here. So she knows.
avicky:

Attention seeker.
avicky:

k foot soldier
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Larry37(m): 9:42pm On Aug 28, 2015
A reputable school in Ibafo requires the services of experienced teachers in Primary and Secondary for Mathematics, English Language, Agric. Science and Physical Health Education. Requirement: Minimum of first degree for secondary and NCE for Primary School.
How to Apply

Send CV to applicantteaching@yahoo.com. Deadline is 2 weeks
starieangel for your attention
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Larry37(m): 9:43pm On Aug 28, 2015
A foremost educational institutions in Ikeja G.R.A seeks to engage the services of Class Teachers.
How to Apply

All applicants must submit an application, attaching current resume by email to: teacherrecruitment@rocketmail.com

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Larry37(m): 9:49pm On Aug 28, 2015
Transfer market closing soon how market peeps?

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by ajasa4link: 9:51pm On Aug 28, 2015
nitane25:
he sd he wasn't prepared.....hw wld he hv said all dese? Nawa4u ooo
He wasn't prepared accepted! But u see,"all these" are basic government stuffs one should know if he plans to teach government at secondary school level without any preparation needed at all. Even people who studied sciences know these things now.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by akanduteenah(f): 9:51pm On Aug 28, 2015
rezzy:

Not all Saturdays. It's only when their IGCSE exam is approaching they do Saturday lessons to prepare them and no pay is attach to it.

thanks rezzy

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by avicky(f): 9:54pm On Aug 28, 2015
joseph310588:
k foot soldier

Thanks empty vessel.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by joseph310588: 10:01pm On Aug 28, 2015
avicky:

Thanks empty vessel.
k

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by joseph310588: 10:01pm On Aug 28, 2015
avicky:

Thanks empty vessel.
k
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Evathyst(f): 10:02pm On Aug 28, 2015
pateffy:
Sir, just as my friend (Visiting Prof) used to say 'A spade should never be called a spatulous object for abrading the surface of the earth, it should simply be called what it is; a spade'. That you claimed to be a teacher of a particular subject and you can't teach a certain topic in that subject (even if it's the peripheral of it) is the height of 'falling hand'. I hope you know what that means in the 'local context?' wink

Although, no one is an island of knowledge. But truth is you should have attempted that topic even if it means you'll blab or even gaffe. At least, you attempted it. But saying you weren't prepared to teach something that is different from what you 'packaged' from home is disparaging to say the least. angry

But guess what, it's a good thing it happened this way. Else, you wouldn't have known there are ways employers catch applicants unawares. Seriously, it has happened to me before. But mine was during my NYSC days. Come see falling hand! The inspector said I'm better off as a make-up artist than as a teacher. cry

Funny enough, I learnt the lesson afterwards. And guess what I am today? A make-up artist! cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by akanduteenah(f): 10:02pm On Aug 28, 2015
Larry37:

A reputable school in Ibafo requires the services of experienced teachers in Primary and Secondary for Mathematics, English Language, Agric. Science and Physical Health Education. Requirement: Minimum of first degree for secondary and NCE for Primary School.
How to Apply

Send CV to applicantteaching@yahoo.com. Deadline is 2 weeks
starieangel for your attention

pls is accomodation attached to this?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Larry37(m): 10:10pm On Aug 28, 2015
akanduteenah:

pls is accomodation attached to this?
dont know ooo but give it a shot sha......accommodation is relatively cheap in those areas but do you want a job around that axis?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Southboy(m): 10:11pm On Aug 28, 2015
Horlazuncanmi:
Was at Peaklane in Akute for their interview, and beside me is a follower of this thread, i just smiled. You guys are doing a great job here.
Da fellow would be me. Let me know how it goes with Peaklane.

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (1041) (Reply)

Updated-New Job Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.