Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

Syria: Russia Sends Another Warship & China Sends Landing Craft With Marines - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Syria: Russia Sends Another Warship & China Sends Landing Craft With Marines (1381 Views)

Russia Sends Missile Cruiser To Eastern Mediterranean / US Marines Drink Cobra Blood In Thailand / Yemen Rejects US Marines At Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Syria: Russia Sends Another Warship & China Sends Landing Craft With Marines by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 06, 2013
Russian Navy spokesmen said Friday that the fleet building up in the Mediterranean can answer any development after the Smetlivy guided missile destroyer set sail for the Mediterranean. DEBKAfile: Since Wednesday, Moscow has reported six warships have been sent out to reinforce the Russian fleet on hand opposite Syria.
http://debka.com/newsupdatepopup/5639/

Western naval sources reported Friday that a Chinese landing craft, the Jinggangshan, with a 1,000-strong marine battalion had reached the Red Sea en route for the Mediterranean off Syria. According to DEBKAfile, Beijing has already deployed a number of warships opposite Syria in secret. If the latest report is confirmed, this will be the largest Chinese deployment in the Middle East in its naval history.
http://debka.com/newsupdatepopup/5640/
Re: Syria: Russia Sends Another Warship & China Sends Landing Craft With Marines by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 06, 2013
America evacuates personnel from Beirut and SE Turkey:

The United States has withdrawn all non-emergency embassy workers and their families from Beirut and warned Americans against travel to Lebanon amid looming military strikes on Syria, the State Department said Friday. “Given the current situation in Syria and the region, as well as potential threats to U.S. Government facilities and personnel, we are taking these steps out of an abundance of caution to protect our employees and their families, and local employees and visitors to our facilities,” the State Deparment said Friday. "The Consulate General in Adana has been authorized to draw down its non-emergency staff and family members because of threats against U.S. government facilities and personnel," the department said, advising US citizens to defer non-essential travel to southeastern Turkey.
http://debka.com/newsupdatepopup/5642/
Re: Syria: Russia Sends Another Warship & China Sends Landing Craft With Marines by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 06, 2013
This definitely needs a whole lot of popcorn.

Scrap that, I'll buy a popcorn machine for the drama that's about to unfold on blue-ray!

Interesting times reminiscent of the Cuban missile crisis where a Soviet major saved the world from armageddon by not clicking the button. Don't hold your breathe this time! tongue
Re: Syria: Russia Sends Another Warship & China Sends Landing Craft With Marines by Toktee(m): 6:55pm On Sep 06, 2013
I pity russia,iran and china,let them sent their entire marines when american misiles start raining down on syria their eyez will open
Re: Syria: Russia Sends Another Warship & China Sends Landing Craft With Marines by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 06, 2013
These boys are just power drunk!

Cant we have a peaceful world .......devoid of gunBirds
Re: Syria: Russia Sends Another Warship & China Sends Landing Craft With Marines by seanet02: 7:06pm On Sep 06, 2013
Toktee: I pity russia,iran and china,let them sent their entire marines when american misiles start raining down on syria their eyez will open
You are ignorant of what is at stake. Russia will tore america to shreds.

3 Likes

Re: Syria: Russia Sends Another Warship & China Sends Landing Craft With Marines by Rhino5dm: 7:11pm On Sep 06, 2013
Toktee: I pity russia,iran and china,let them sent their entire marines when american misiles start raining down on syria their eyez will open

S 400 is the best missile defence in the WORLD, with pin point.accuracy. Only 12 can shield Damascus from ANY attack from us. Even S 300 can render TOMAHWAK useless. Why do you think US can't declare no fly zone in Syria?

America na small where Russia dey.

2 Likes

Re: Syria: Russia Sends Another Warship & China Sends Landing Craft With Marines by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 06, 2013
The Russians actually sent three extra warships to Syria. I'll update the title now.

Three Russian naval ships were sailing toward Syria in the eastern Mediterranean on Friday and a fourth was on its way, the Interfax news agency reported, citing a source at navy headquarters.

Kremlin chief of staff Sergei Ivanov said Russia was boosting its naval presence in the Mediterranean Sea, but primarily in order to organize a possible evacuation of Russians from Syria. He did not say how many vessels were being sent.
Two Russian amphibious landing vessels and a reconnaissance ship have passed through the Dardanelles strait, according to the report carried by Interfax, a privately owned agency known for its independent contacts within Russia's armed forces.

Three Russian war ships were seen sailing through the Bosporus in Istanbul, Turkey, on Thursday. It was not immediately clear if they were the same three vessels, although that seemed likely.

Interfax reported that another landing ship had left the Black Sea port of Sevastopol on Friday morning and was to pick up a "special cargo" in Novorossiysk before sailing toward the eastern Mediterranean. The state RIA Novosti news agency also said that the landing ship Nikolai Filchenkov would be headed toward Syria after picking up cargo in Novorossiysk, which it said would take several days.

The three ships reported to have passed through the Dardanelles are the Novocherkassk and Minsk landing vessels and Priazovye reconnaissance ship.
The Defense Ministry said it was unable immediately to confirm the ships' departure.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/06/syria-crisis-splits-g20-live
Re: Syria: Russia Sends Another Warship & China Sends Landing Craft With Marines by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 06, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

S 400 is the best missile defence in the WORLD, with pin point.accuracy. Only 12 can shield Damascus from ANY attack from us. Even S 300 can render TOMAHWAK useless. Why do you think US can't declare no fly zone in Syria?

America na small where Russia dey.
btw Iran is watching and waiting for Israel

www.nairaland.com/1427971/iran-israel-comparing-military-machines

1 Like

Re: Syria: Russia Sends Another Warship & China Sends Landing Craft With Marines by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 06, 2013
Spambot is messing with me smfh.

The Russians actually sent four new warships:

Four more Russian naval ships are on their way to the eastern Mediterranean. Three were seen sailing through the Bosporus and a fourth has left the Black Sea port of Sevastopol.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/06/syria-crisis-splits-g20-live
Re: Syria: Russia Sends Another Warship & China Sends Landing Craft With Marines by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 06, 2013
Mods: please help me edit "worship" in the title to "warship" - typo.

Spambot done ban my ar.se till tomorrow!

Shalom!
Re: Syria: Russia Sends Another Warship & China Sends Landing Craft With Marines by naptu2: 7:21pm On Sep 06, 2013
Reminds me of Lieutenant General (Sir) Michael Jackson: "Sir, I'm not going to start World War Three for you."
Re: Syria: Russia Sends Another Warship & China Sends Landing Craft With Marines by ritababe(f): 7:23pm On Sep 06, 2013
Re: Syria: Russia Sends Another Warship & China Sends Landing Craft With Marines by mankand(m): 7:24pm On Sep 06, 2013
Now it is getting interesting. Obama have lost his political integrity if he does not strike Syria, Obama have lost his political integrity if his strike on Syria get the US into a devastating situation.

Only US warship we have on Mediterean sea, how about the blabbing frog called Hollande? The UN G20 members are already divided, the majority of the south american countries are in support of Assad.

I think Obama drew the red-line for himself.

When Lavrov (Russian Foreign Minister) labelled him as a monkey holding a grenade, some people might actually see it as a racial statement, but know, it is a fact of what the Americans have placed in the white house.

What a shame, Obama is finished, Face China and Russia, China's Economy is strong enough to go into war with you, End game is a nuclear weapon, North Korea already anahilated you.

I am only pitying Nigerians who have just gotten to US on visa Lottery, please come back home. Britain have called Cameron into order, Cyprus is just a military base, they are in strong alliance with Russia along with Greece

I need to get a pop-corn making machine in my house now to star making some pop-corn to eat as i sit back to watch the wide screen. Thank God i have no family in US at the moment grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Syria: Russia Sends Another Warship & China Sends Landing Craft With Marines by dhejykeane: 7:24pm On Sep 06, 2013
Are these power and pride drunk countries trying to start worldwar 3.dunno y US like invading countries and living the countries in a mess like they did in iraq and the likes turning the citizens against eachoda.I cnt help to wonder y dey only invade or interfere only oil producn countries weneva dey is a lil issue dier and wil ignore dose wtouut anytn to kill themself all if they like
My opinion is the US are jst tryn to show the world dey re still d world power which we al knw dts jst a big joke cos dey dare nt start a war wt china or russia or dey wil hv demselves to blame
Re: Syria: Russia Sends Another Warship & China Sends Landing Craft With Marines by Rhino5dm: 7:27pm On Sep 06, 2013
Re: Syria: Russia Sends Another Warship & China Sends Landing Craft With Marines by Akpaife(m): 7:30pm On Sep 06, 2013
America still d best in d world no matter what Russia just dey make noise

I only pity syria becos them r d next victim
Re: Syria: Russia Sends Another Warship & China Sends Landing Craft With Marines by naptu2: 7:33pm On Sep 06, 2013
Russia and Serbia are slavic allies. General Clark said General Jackson replied, "Sir, I'm not going to start World War Three for you."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8odVLSfbXm8
Re: Syria: Russia Sends Another Warship & China Sends Landing Craft With Marines by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 06, 2013
Let there be peace!!!

1 Like

Re: Syria: Russia Sends Another Warship & China Sends Landing Craft With Marines by Waspy(m): 7:40pm On Sep 06, 2013
Russia has been waiting for USA to trip the bobby-trap...i pray Obama doesn't. Seems China just wants to reinforce their 'new-found' supremacy.
All said tho, guys pls came down, it's just not yet tme for the actions/thrillers you're anticipating, at least Israel is silent for now
Re: Syria: Russia Sends Another Warship & China Sends Landing Craft With Marines by NairaMinted: 7:56pm On Sep 06, 2013
Ghen ghen!!
Re: Syria: Russia Sends Another Warship & China Sends Landing Craft With Marines by Ab025(m): 8:03pm On Sep 06, 2013
America is just bad and they behave like thieves. After invadin iraq, they have been stealin the oil from that country and nobody is talkin. Now they want to start stealin syria's oil and some people are supportin them.

Btw, why are they usin the excuse of d existence of nuclear weapon to invade dis people instead of just tellin us they need more oil?
what happend wen d US droppd their own at Hiroshima a long time ago, did anybody go to war wit them over it?

Even we in nigeria, we shud be careful o because d way I see it, the US may want to invade us after finishin will all this arabian nations

Their excuse They can claim the corruption in Nigeria is too much so they want to take over our govt so as to cleanse d land!! With the way US operates, u neva can tell..!

USA, the self-acclaimed bully of d world!!!

2 Likes

Re: Syria: Russia Sends Another Warship & China Sends Landing Craft With Marines by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 06, 2013

seanet02: You are ignorant of what is at stake. Russia will tore america to shreds.

O boy una just dey breakdown the English for here o. undecided
Re: Syria: Russia Sends Another Warship & China Sends Landing Craft With Marines by lomprico(m): 9:03pm On Sep 06, 2013
seanet02: You are ignorant of what is at stake. Russia will tore america to shreds.
English!
Re: Syria: Russia Sends Another Warship & China Sends Landing Craft With Marines by lomprico(m): 9:07pm On Sep 06, 2013
[b][/b]
Waspy: Russia has been waiting for USA to trip the [b][/b]bobby-trap...i pray Obama doesn't. Seems China just wants to reinforce their 'new-found' supremacy.
All said tho, guys pls came down, it's just not yet tme for the actions/thrillers you're anticipating, at least Israel is silent for now
Na who set d bobby trap?...... Cossy?
Re: Syria: Russia Sends Another Warship & China Sends Landing Craft With Marines by albiol: 11:05pm On Sep 06, 2013
USSR fell by attacking a tinY country like afghanistan aided u.s and now that russia and china are backing syria this. Could be the beginning of d end for u.s if the dare attack syria
Re: Syria: Russia Sends Another Warship & China Sends Landing Craft With Marines by panafrican(m): 3:10am On Sep 07, 2013
angry
All this is just silly!
When is this humanity going to work together in peace to tackle the boundaries of science and technology in medicine, agriculture, geology ( controlling earthquakes for instance) etc. ?
God might get rid of all the world one day because he is fed up with all this junk.
Re: Syria: Russia Sends Another Warship & China Sends Landing Craft With Marines by Nobody: 4:54am On Sep 07, 2013
mankand: Now it is getting interesting. Obama have lost his political integrity if he does not strike Syria, Obama have lost his political integrity if his strike on Syria get the US into a devastating situation.

Only US warship we have on Mediterean sea, how about the blabbing frog called Hollande? The UN G20 members are already divided, the majority of the south american countries are in support of Assad.

I think Obama drew the red-line for himself.

When Lavrov (Russian Foreign Minister) labelled him as a monkey holding a grenade, some people might actually see it as a racial statement, but know, it is a fact of what the Americans have placed in the white house.

What a shame, Obama is finished, Face China and Russia, China's Economy is strong enough to go into war with you, End game is a nuclear weapon, North Korea already anahilated you.

I am only pitying Nigerians who have just gotten to US on visa Lottery, please come back home. Britain have called Cameron into order, Cyprus is just a military base, they are in strong alliance with Russia along with Greece

I need to get a pop-corn making machine in my house now to star making some pop-corn to eat as i sit back to watch the wide screen. Thank God i have no family in US at the moment grin grin grin grin grin
All your lines were plausible except the last paragraph !!!

U don't eat Popcorn while other countries are at war .......... U keep thinking about how the war is never gonna escalated into Africa nay Nigeria !!!!

By the time the world BigBoys feel like bombing each other's interest around the globe ........ U never can tell which,which and which country such war will reach !!!

We better pray for sanity to be restored to the sense of Bigboys cuz they are about to lose it !!!!

Africa is not prepared for WorldWar as our leaders prefers to invest in Mansion in Dubai,London and Paris than GUN!!!

wwIII can lead to forceful re-colonization of Africa(ns) !!!
Re: Syria: Russia Sends Another Warship & China Sends Landing Craft With Marines by onegig(m): 8:26am On Sep 08, 2013
panafrican: angry
All this is just silly!
When is this humanity going to work together in peace to tackle the boundaries of science and technology in medicine, agriculture, geology ( controlling earthquakes for instance) etc. ?
God might get rid of all the world one day because he is fed up with all this junk.

boundaries of tech? Science that is working to elongate human's life? Wars are the artificial ways of pruning the world's growing population. The truth is the world can know no peace as long as we have trigger happy and loud mouth leaders who talk without thinking.

(1) (Reply)

China Seems To Have Surrender The Trade War To USA / Kenya President Flown To South Africa For Medical Treatment, Kenyans Reacts / Prince Philip, Duke Of Edinburgh Gets New Land Rover Shortly After Crash(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.