Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,022 members, 7,807,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

I Love Her But I Cant Deal With The Way She Talks! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Love Her But I Cant Deal With The Way She Talks! (4784 Views)

How Do I Tell My Girlfriend That She Talks Too Much?? / Help! She Talks Back At Him When He Corrects Her / How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Love Her But I Cant Deal With The Way She Talks! by SherlockHolmes1(m): 7:38pm On Sep 06, 2013
I love this fine young lady but whenever she is not in a romantic mood, the way she talks really hurts me cos she finds it hard to address a man with respect when she talks...she talks like she is talking to her fellow girlfriend or something and sometimes she does it intentionally...
I had hopes of getting married to this lady but i am having second thots cos in Marriage, love is not enough... You need to be able to live with that person you luv for a long time... If u ask me why i luv her, i dont have any specific reason to be honest with you.

I was hoping she would change with time cos i hav been talking to her about it but after a while, she relapses back to her default mode... I have given up all hopes of getting married to her though its hard but i cant get into sumtin that i eventually regret in the long run...

If you gat any tips the way forward pls let me know cos we are still ''dating''. I have given up several times but found myself giving it another try.

2 Likes

Re: I Love Her But I Cant Deal With The Way She Talks! by SherlockHolmes1(m): 7:40pm On Sep 06, 2013
A friend told me that that is how women are but i refuse to believe that....yes nobody is perfect but common....arhhh
Re: I Love Her But I Cant Deal With The Way She Talks! by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 06, 2013
Talk to her about it.
Especially when she is calm and cheerful.
A great man once said about relationships; "There are some things that people get angry about in relationships that their partner does not even know annoy them."
Re: I Love Her But I Cant Deal With The Way She Talks! by SherlockHolmes1(m): 8:12pm On Sep 06, 2013
idnoble135: Talk to her about it.
Especially when she is calm and cheerful.
A great man once said about relationships; "There are some things that people get angry about in relationships that their partner does not even know annoy them."

hmmn...I have talked countless times and she see it like i complain about her and that i dont love her for who she is and that i am looking for a perfect person... So i got tired of talking abt it even wen she is cheerful cos it wuld seeem like raising dust and she becomes defensive. I thought i could just ignore it and focus on her good sides but its hard to ignore it when u are being talked to in manners that suggest rudeness...repeatedly.
Re: I Love Her But I Cant Deal With The Way She Talks! by SherlockHolmes1(m): 8:18pm On Sep 06, 2013
I also observed that she sometimes relate with her elder sister too in such careless disregard and i once asked the elder sister if her younger sister respects her...she said yes cos obviously, she wont talk bad about her sis... I have a feeling that if i end up marrying her, i will end up running far from her when the shi.t hits the fan especially coupled wit the pressures that come with marriage.
Re: I Love Her But I Cant Deal With The Way She Talks! by Nobody: 8:21pm On Sep 06, 2013
My brother how old is she, you have to assert your authority as a man unless she would take you for granted. You have to draw on what you expect from her so that she would think twice whenever she wants to cross it. Talking from a whole lot of experience
Re: I Love Her But I Cant Deal With The Way She Talks! by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 06, 2013
If she talks anyhow to you and even her sister, most likely she will one day do it to your mom and your family.
I wont tell you to leave her. Why would i?
If you can put up with her, marry her. If you cant, let her go. IMO, this are your options. Its your choice.

1 Like

Re: I Love Her But I Cant Deal With The Way She Talks! by SherlockHolmes1(m): 8:26pm On Sep 06, 2013
intbizoil: My brother how old is she, you have to assert your authority as a man unless she would take you for granted. You have to draw on what you expect from her so that she would think twice whenever she wants to cross it. Talking from a whole lot of experience

We have gotten to that point where i drew a line, she apologised and said she wuld work on it...two weeks later we are back to square one...its really crazy.

idnoble135: If she talks anyhow to you and even her sister, most likely she will one day do it to your mom and your family.
I wont tell you to leave her. Why would i?
If you can put up with her, marry her. If you cant, let her go. IMO, this are your options. Its your choice.

That is my fear....i have a feeling she would one day do that to my family and i dont want to imagine how that will go.

1 Like

Re: I Love Her But I Cant Deal With The Way She Talks! by tpapi: 8:31pm On Sep 06, 2013
Am in d same shoes wit ,my gal is sausy n talks disrespectly, i broke up wit her now she wants us to come back together, i gave her one condition if she disrespects me i wil beat her up n she agreed
Re: I Love Her But I Cant Deal With The Way She Talks! by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 06, 2013
A gentle man will never raise his hand against a lady.

1 Like

Re: I Love Her But I Cant Deal With The Way She Talks! by SherlockHolmes1(m): 8:37pm On Sep 06, 2013
And the funny thing is...she is insisting that she wants to get married between now and next year unfailingly... I told her i was not ready till 2015( and i said this cos i wanted to really observe her attitude to see if she is capable of changing) and she decided to break up with me...with reasons that i dont know what i want. I called her back and explained to her that let us watch how our compactibility improves btw now and december,if all thing go well, i will visit her parents next year. She agreed and we got on the saddle again and barely two weeks after our new resolution, last night was another round of careless talk... Its getting tiring...i hate giving up on sumtin but in this case, i hav to let go.
Re: I Love Her But I Cant Deal With The Way She Talks! by SherlockHolmes1(m): 8:38pm On Sep 06, 2013
idnoble135: A gentle man will never raise his hand against a lady.

I will never do that, i have not said or implied such.
Re: I Love Her But I Cant Deal With The Way She Talks! by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 06, 2013

8 Likes

Re: I Love Her But I Cant Deal With The Way She Talks! by SherlockHolmes1(m): 9:05pm On Sep 06, 2013
sanb: This is an issue of disrespect…..a few things you need to be aware of are; never marry someone cos of pity and never marry someone and expect them to change; cos you can’t change anyone unless the change comes from them..I'll give you 3 options;

1)Accept her the way she is;
2)Stay with her and continue to advice her to change….(there’ll be drama involved); and
3)Walk away now if you can’t cope with her character

The choice is yours….but note that if you can’t see a solution to this problem now in relation to how she relates/talks to you; then be rest assured that it’ll get worse after marriage; cos her feet would've been firmly placed on the ground….

Remember, life’s too short to be sad in your relationship/marital life…..cos marriage is not a bed of roses….my 2 cent and all the best…..

You too much... I love your well articulated response!
Re: I Love Her But I Cant Deal With The Way She Talks! by Nuzo1(m): 9:29pm On Sep 06, 2013
"Without respect, love is lost"

Run as fast as you can, she doesn't love you!

This advice also goes to ladies who have disrespectful male partners.
Re: I Love Her But I Cant Deal With The Way She Talks! by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 06, 2013
People hardly ever change. One's behaviour is usually consistent. Bounce that babe NOW if you don't want 'careless talk'.

1 Like

Re: I Love Her But I Cant Deal With The Way She Talks! by Austeenxx: 10:03pm On Sep 06, 2013
OP

Re: I Love Her But I Cant Deal With The Way She Talks! by nenergy(m): 10:16pm On Sep 06, 2013
tpapi: Am in d same shoes wit ,my gal is sausy n talks disrespectly, i broke up wit her now she wants us to come back together, i gave her one condition if she disrespects me i wil beat her up n she agreed
Hmmm,she's desperate. Guy, RUN!!!
Re: I Love Her But I Cant Deal With The Way She Talks! by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 06, 2013
Sherlock Holmes: And the funny thing is...she is insisting that she wants to get married between now and next year unfailingly... I told her i was not ready till 2015( and i said this cos i wanted to really observe her attitude to see if she is capable of changing) and she decided to break up with me...with reasons that i dont know what i want. I called her back and explained to her that let us watch how our compactibility improves btw now and december,if all thing go well, i will visit her parents next year. She agreed and we got on the saddle again and barely two weeks after our new resolution, last night was another round of careless talk... Its getting tiring...i hate giving up on sumtin but in this case, i hav to let go.
My friend, do you really need God to appear in your dreams and tell you to let go of that disrespectful kid?
Re: I Love Her But I Cant Deal With The Way She Talks! by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 06, 2013
Factory setting na factory settings

e nuh dey shange

if e no good for ya eyes. .... . .

Kuweet grin
Re: I Love Her But I Cant Deal With The Way She Talks! by pomporiking: 10:25pm On Sep 06, 2013
Anytime she starts talking crap just walk away.works everytime cool
Re: I Love Her But I Cant Deal With The Way She Talks! by SherlockHolmes1(m): 10:28pm On Sep 06, 2013
maxwello.yg:

My friend, do you really need God to appear in your dreams and tell you to let go of that disrespectful kid?

grin grin grin nice one...Thanks! grin
Re: I Love Her But I Cant Deal With The Way She Talks! by segzicres(m): 10:30pm On Sep 06, 2013
Better leave while you still can.
Re: I Love Her But I Cant Deal With The Way She Talks! by owolabifunke14(f): 10:31pm On Sep 06, 2013
You can change her if you apply common sense
Re: I Love Her But I Cant Deal With The Way She Talks! by SherlockHolmes1(m): 10:38pm On Sep 06, 2013
owolabifunke14: You can change her if you apply common sense

Teach me please... cos sumtimes common sense aint that common u know
Re: I Love Her But I Cant Deal With The Way She Talks! by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 06, 2013
Sherlock Holmes:

Teach me please... cos sumtimes common sense aint that common u know
Funny truth.
Re: I Love Her But I Cant Deal With The Way She Talks! by Rexphobia(m): 10:45pm On Sep 06, 2013
Love doctor oya advice o
Re: I Love Her But I Cant Deal With The Way She Talks! by Rhemar(m): 1:17am On Sep 07, 2013
I believe she can still change though it's a very bad trait dat can't b overlooked. But does she really sees it d way u c it too b'cos there are pple who possess some negative traits as these who are uncomfortable wt it; if she shows any willingness 2 change then she can probably do bt if otherwise u can then give up on her.
Re: I Love Her But I Cant Deal With The Way She Talks! by SherlockHolmes1(m): 4:36am On Sep 07, 2013
Rhemar: I believe she can still change though it's a very bad trait dat can't b overlooked. But does she really sees it d way u c it too b'cos there are pple who possess some negative traits as these who are uncomfortable wt it; if she shows any willingness 2 change then she can probably do bt if otherwise u can then give up on her.

She thinks she can change sometimes and other times she believe its just her and i that i complain too much and then sometimes she does not even know she is doing it...until i draw her attention to it and some times she does it intentionally cos she has said it once that she knows what she is doing so right now i dont even know what to believe anylonger ....I am as confused about it as you might be right now..
Re: I Love Her But I Cant Deal With The Way She Talks! by Kirinwa: 5:41am On Sep 07, 2013
tpapi: Am in d same shoes wit ,my gal is sausy n talks disrespectly, i broke up wit her now she wants us to come back together, i gave her one condition if she disrespects me i wil beat her up n she agreed

Beating a lady makes you less a man.
Re: I Love Her But I Cant Deal With The Way She Talks! by ITbomb(m): 7:00am On Sep 07, 2013
I wonder how long you two have been together .
In a very long term marriage after the initial love, passion etc has been done with, it is respect and a commitment to be together that keeps couple together .
Do not ever enter marriage just on the premise of LOVE
Re: I Love Her But I Cant Deal With The Way She Talks! by Coldfaya(m): 7:05am On Sep 07, 2013
nenergy:
Hmmm,she's desperate. Guy, RUN!!!

Lmao.......truly a desperate move!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Recession: Guys, How Would You Control Her If She's Your Wife? / Reasons Nigerian Men Are Scared Of ‘calabar Women’ / Thread For Hiv Positive Ladies And Gentlemen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.