Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

The Bible Or The Quran, Which Is The Word Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible Or The Quran, Which Is The Word Of God (1103 Views)

Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church / What Makes You A Christian: Studying The Bible Or Praying? / Was There Any Black Man Prophet Of GOD In The Bible Or Quran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bible Or The Quran, Which Is The Word Of God by MubarokX(m): 9:45pm On Sep 06, 2013
Good day Nairalanders. Curiosity made me put out this questions to you guyz. What do you think. Intellectuals only.
Re: The Bible Or The Quran, Which Is The Word Of God by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:53pm On Sep 06, 2013
It depends on which god you are talking about.
Re: The Bible Or The Quran, Which Is The Word Of God by mazizitonene(m): 10:00pm On Sep 06, 2013
They don't serve d same God...
Re: The Bible Or The Quran, Which Is The Word Of God by cannonnier(m): 10:20pm On Sep 06, 2013
there are plenty of verses in the qur'an that claim it is the word of God, but the bible clearly say "the book john, mathew, there is no even the book jesus. Apparently those people are telling what they hear about God from his prophets.

So the bible is more like the hadiths.

1 Like

Re: The Bible Or The Quran, Which Is The Word Of God by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:55pm On Sep 06, 2013
cannonnier: there are plenty of verses in the qur'an that claim it is the word of God, but the bible clearly say "the book john, mathew, there is no even the book jesus. Apparently those people are telling what they hear about God from his prophets.

So the bible is more like the hadiths.

i can see that you haven't read the bible yet.
Re: The Bible Or The Quran, Which Is The Word Of God by MightySparrow: 11:15pm On Sep 06, 2013
I have read in this blog that Allah gave Jesus a book as Muslims claim. I will like a Muslim to tell me the content of the book and what happened to the book why it is no more in circulation.
Bible is only book that has reasonably given us an account of creation, the prophecies about the world events and vivid descriptions of heaven and the final destiny of the world. Koran may be an addition but the few chapters I have read show s a marked departure from general principles of the Bible. I think the Bible is more informative.
Re: The Bible Or The Quran, Which Is The Word Of God by cannonnier(m): 11:27am On Sep 09, 2013
[quote author=Mighty Sparrow]I have read in this blog that Allah gave Jesus a book as Muslims claim. I will like a Muslim to tell me the content of the book and what happened to the book why it is no more in circulation.
Bible is only book that has reasonably given us an account of creation, the prophecies about the world events and vivid descriptions of heaven and the final destiny of the world. Koran may be an addition but the few chapters I have read show s a marked departure from general principles of the Bible. I think the Bible is more informative.

the real gospel [engeel] has been taken back and being replace with the qur'an.

If jesus is to com today, there is no option but for him to follow the qur'an.

ALLAH KNOWS BEST

1 Like

Re: The Bible Or The Quran, Which Is The Word Of God by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:30am On Sep 09, 2013
^^^ misquoting me won't advance your cause.
Re: The Bible Or The Quran, Which Is The Word Of God by musaajebor(m): 11:56am On Sep 09, 2013
Bible or quran which one is undiluted? The answer is d word of God.
Re: The Bible Or The Quran, Which Is The Word Of God by musaajebor(m): 12:03pm On Sep 09, 2013
mazizi tonene: They don't serve d same God...
ok since they don't serve d same God, which of d above is d word of the true almighty God.the God of all gods.
Re: The Bible Or The Quran, Which Is The Word Of God by UyiIredia(m): 1:05pm On Sep 09, 2013
Nature happens to be the word of God most evident and acknowledged, I can't say the same for the Bible, Koran or other sacred texts.
Re: The Bible Or The Quran, Which Is The Word Of God by cannonnier(m): 9:08pm On Sep 11, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: ^^^ misquoting me won't advance your cause.

seriously i didnt try to misqoute you, rather i try to double qoute you and sparrow and made mistake.
Re: The Bible Or The Quran, Which Is The Word Of God by Tyche(m): 9:42pm On Sep 11, 2013
I fear Op, that this is an exersice in futility.
Re: The Bible Or The Quran, Which Is The Word Of God by 4C2215131: 9:52pm On Sep 11, 2013
Tyche: I fear Op, that this is an exersice in futility.

Well put. That which you seek will lead you to uncharted waters. Every man with a belief system will furnish you reasons for the religious path he journeys on.

My take is find a path,a belief system that sits well with you and espouse it's proclaimed tenets faithfully. Then you shall be at peace (hopefully).
Re: The Bible Or The Quran, Which Is The Word Of God by basilico: 5:00am On Sep 12, 2013
In a quran Allah says he is the best deceiver. If I was muslim Id have a real prob believing any word from the Best Deceiver.
Re: The Bible Or The Quran, Which Is The Word Of God by Rekiyyah(f): 5:42am On Sep 12, 2013
[quote author=basilico]In a quran Allah says he is the best deceiver. If I was muslim Id have a real prob believing any word from the Best Deceiver. Pls give the verse of the Holy Qur'an that says such.
Re: The Bible Or The Quran, Which Is The Word Of God by lanrexlan(m): 9:04am On Sep 12, 2013
basilico: In a quran Allah says he is the best deceiver. If I was muslim Id have a real prob believing any word from the Best Deceiver.
No evidence for your claim,produce your proof if you are truthful.The biblical god is the greatest deceiver.
Jeremiah 20:7 (KJV)-O LORD,thou hast deceived me,and I was deceived:thou art stronger than I(in deceiving),and hast prevailed:I am in derision daily,every one mocketh me.
Re: The Bible Or The Quran, Which Is The Word Of God by lanrexlan(m): 9:38am On Sep 12, 2013
Muba'rok X:
Good day Nairalanders. Curiosity made me put out this questions to you guyz. What do you think.Intellectuals only.
1).You will be able to recognize in the Bible what may be described as "The Word of God."
2).You will also be able to discern what can be described as the "Words of a Prophet of God."
3).And you will most readily observe that the bulk of the Bible is the records of eye witnessess or ear witnesses,or people writing from hearsay.As such they are the "Words of a Historian".
The following quotations will make the position crystal clear:
The FIRST Type: (a) I will raise them up a prophet . . . and I will put my words in ... and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him." (Deuteronomy 18:18)
(b) I even,I am the Lord,and beside me there is no saviour." (Isaiah 43:11)
(c) "Look unto me,and be ye saved,all the end of the earth:for I am God,and there is non else." (Isaiah 45:22)
Note the first person pronoun singular in the above references,and without any difficulty you will agree that the statements seem to have the sound of being GOD'S WORD.

The SECOND Type:
(a) Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying Eli, Eli, lama sabachtani? . . ." (Matthew 27:46) (b) "And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; the Lord our God is one Lord:" (Mark 12:29)
(c) And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is God.(Mark 10:18).
Even a child will be able to affirm that: Jesus "cried" Jesus "answered" and Jesus "said" are the words of the one to whom they are attributed, i.e. the WORDS OF A PROPHET OF GOD
The THIRD Type:
And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he,(JESUS) came,if haply he (JESUS) might find anything thereon: and when he (JESUS) came to it,(Jesus) found nothing but leaves . . ." (Mark 11:13)
The bulk of the Bible is a witnessing of this THIRD kind.These are the words of a third person.They are not the Words of God or of His prophet,but the WORDS OF A HISTORIAN
But the Quran is a revelation from the Creator-Allah(swt).Allah says in
Surah Al-Imran 3:3- It is He(Allah) Who has sent down the Book (the Quran) to you (Muhammad SAW) with truth,confirming what came before it.And he sent down the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel).
Surah Hud 11:1- Alif-Lam-Ra.[These letters are one of the miracles of the Quran and none but Allah (Alone) knows their meanings].
(This is) a Book,the Verses whereof are perfected (in every sphere of knowledge, etc.),and then explained in detail from One (Allah),Who is All-Wise and Well-Acquainted (with all things).
Surah Al-Kahf 18:1 -All the praises and thanks be to Allah,Who has sent down to His slave (Muhammad SAW) the Book (the Quran),and has not placed therein any crookedness
.There are many verses from the Quran that also testifies to this.So the Quran is a revelation from almighty Allah and no word of prophet Muhammad(pbuh) is added.....Peace

1 Like

Re: The Bible Or The Quran, Which Is The Word Of God by cannonnier(m): 10:28am On Sep 12, 2013
lanrexlan:
1).You will be able to recognize in the Bible what may be described as "The Word of God."
2).You will also be able to discern what can be described as the "Words of a Prophet of God."
3).And you will most readily observe that the bulk of the Bible is the records of eye witnessess or ear witnesses,or people writing from hearsay.As such they are the "Words of a Historian".
The following quotations will make the position crystal clear:
The FIRST Type: (a) I will raise them up a prophet . . . and I will put my words in ... and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him." (Deuteronomy 18:18)
(b) I even,I am the Lord,and beside me there is no saviour." (Isaiah 43:11)
(c) "Look unto me,and be ye saved,all the end of the earth:for I am God,and there is non else." (Isaiah 45:22)
Note the first person pronoun singular in the above references,and without any difficulty you will agree that the statements seem to have the sound of being GOD'S WORD.

The SECOND Type:
(a) Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying Eli, Eli, lama sabachtani? . . ." (Matthew 27:46) (b) "And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; the Lord our God is one Lord:" (Mark 12:29)
(c) And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is God.(Mark 10:18).
Even a child will be able to affirm that: Jesus "cried" Jesus "answered" and Jesus "said" are the words of the one to whom they are attributed, i.e. the WORDS OF A PROPHET OF GOD
The THIRD Type:
And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he,(JESUS) came,if haply he (JESUS) might find anything thereon: and when he (JESUS) came to it,(Jesus) found nothing but leaves . . ." (Mark 11:13)
The bulk of the Bible is a witnessing of this THIRD kind.These are the words of a third person.They are not the Words of God or of His prophet,but the WORDS OF A HISTORIAN
But the Quran is a revelation from the Creator-Allah(swt).Allah says in
Surah Al-Imran 3:3- It is He(Allah) Who has sent down the Book (the Quran) to you (Muhammad SAW) with truth,confirming what came before it.And he sent down the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel).
Surah Hud 11:1- Alif-Lam-Ra.[These letters are one of the miracles of the Quran and none but Allah (Alone) knows their meanings].
(This is) a Book,the Verses whereof are perfected (in every sphere of knowledge, etc.),and then explained in detail from One (Allah),Who is All-Wise and Well-Acquainted (with all things).
Surah Al-Kahf 18:1 -All the praises and thanks be to Allah,Who has sent down to His slave (Muhammad SAW) the Book (the Quran),and has not placed therein any crookedness
.There are many verses from the Quran that also testifies to this.So the Quran is a revelation from almighty Allah and no word of prophet Muhammad(pbuh) is added.....Peace

shikenan

(1) (Reply)

"Relax, Hell Does Not Exist": Evangelical Atheists Take to the Streets / Telling The Truth About Christianity / Verses In Bible That Promotes Killing Of Children......whaaaat!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.