Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,809 members, 7,806,263 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

Archbishop Kattey Kidnapped In Port Harcourt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Archbishop Kattey Kidnapped In Port Harcourt (15947 Views)

Demon Is Occupying Enugu Government House – Archbishop Chukwuma / Buhari & Other APC Leaders With Archbishop Of Owerri (Photo) / Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Archbishop Kattey Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by gratiaeo(m): 7:12am On Sep 07, 2013
Okafor Ofiebor/Port Harcourt

Most Rev Ignatius Ogboru Kattey, the Dean, ArchBishop and Bishop of Niger Delta North Anglican Communion of Nigeria, was last night kidnapped by yet to be identified gunmen in Port Harcourt, capital of Rivers State.

The abduction happened at about 11.30pm Friday night.
The clergyman, along with his wife, Beatrice was captured on Aleto bridge,Eleme in Eleme Local Government Area of Rivers State, but the wife was later found abandoned in their car.
The whereabouts of the archbishop remains unknown.

Sources said the Archbishop and the wife were driving to Port Harcourt late on Friday to beat the traffic restrictions Saturday morning, occasioned by the monthly environmental Sanitation. Unknown to them, the exercise would not hold because of the GCE-WAEC examination taking place today.

Rivers State has been experiencing a rising tide of insecurity since Police Commissioner, Mbu Joseph Mbu was posted to the state.

Just last week, Felix Igwe, Commissioner for Sports was shot by unidentified gunmen around Eleme Inter-Change,Eleme axis of Port Harcourt and he is receiving treatment.

In the hierarchy of the Anglican Communion, ArchBishop Kattey who was made a Dean of Anglican Communion in Nigeria about a year ago,is next to the Primate,Most Rev.Nicholas Okoh.

Most Rev. Ignatius Crosby Ogborun kattey (Justice of the Peace) was born in the small Nchia Town called Alode in Eleme Local Government Area of Rivers State on 23 August, 1948. His father was Chief Amos Kattey who was himself a devout Christian, church leader, produce merchant, trader, farmer and Government Recognized Second Class Traditional Ruler of Nchia Kingdom. His mother was Mrs. Margaret Ada Kattey.

He attended St. Paul’s Catholic School Obigbo (now Oyigbo) from 1954 to 1959. For his secondary education, he attended the National High School Aba and graduated with a Grade One in West African School Certificate Examination.

He had his university education at Ahmadu Bello University Zaria (beehive of Academic excellence) where he graduated in Mechanical Engineering in 1976.

Arch. Bishop Kattey was born-again in 1971 through the ministry of the Scripture Union. He is the Chairman, All Anglican Clergy Conference of the Church of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) and also the Chairman of Christian Council of Nigeria, South South Area Council.
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/09/07/archbishop-kattey-kidnapped-by-gunmen/

Re: Archbishop Kattey Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by gratiaeo(m): 7:33am On Sep 07, 2013
Which ever way they handle this issue will determine future occurrence.

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Kattey Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 7:44am On Sep 07, 2013
gratiaeo: Okafor Ofiebor/Port Harcourt

Most Rev Ignatius Ogboru Kattey, the Dean, ArchBishop and Bishop of Niger Delta North Anglican Communion of Nigeria, was last night kidnapped by yet to be identified gunmen in Port Harcourt, capital of Rivers State.
The abduction happened at about 11.30pm Friday night.
The clergyman, along with his wife, Beatrice was captured on Aleto bridge,Eleme in Eleme Local Government Area of Rivers State, but the wife was later found abandoned in their car.
The whereabouts of the archbishop remains unknown.

Sources said the Archbishop and the wife were driving to Port Harcourt late on Friday to beat the traffic restrictions Saturday morning, occasioned by the monthly environmental Sanitation. Unknown to them, the exercise would not hold because of the GCE-WAEC examination taking place today.
[/b] Rivers State has been experiencing a rising tide of insecurity since Police Commissioner, Mbu Joseph Mbu was posted to the state.[b]
Just last week, Felix Igwe, Commissioner for Sports was shot by unidentified gunmen around Eleme Inter-Change,Eleme axis of Port Harcourt and he is receiving treatment.
In the hierarchy of the Anglican Communion, ArchBishop Kattey who was made a Dean of Anglican Communion in Nigeria about a year ago,is next to the Primate,Most Rev.Nicholas Okoh.
Most Rev. Ignatius Crosby Ogborun kattey (Justice of the Peace) was born in the small Nchia Town called Alode in Eleme Local Government Area of Rivers State on 23 August, 1948. His father was Chief Amos Kattey who was himself a devout Christian, church leader, produce merchant, trader, farmer and Government Recognized Second Class Traditional Ruler of Nchia Kingdom. His mother was Mrs. Margaret Ada Kattey.
He attended St. Paul’s Catholic School Obigbo (now Oyigbo) from 1954 to 1959. For his secondary education, he attended the National High School Aba and graduated with a Grade One in West African School Certificate Examination.
He had his university education at Ahmadu Bello University Zaria (beehive of Academic excellence) where he graduated in Mechanical Engineering in 1976.
Arch. Bishop Kattey was born-again in 1971 through the ministry of the Scripture Union. He is the Chairman, All Anglican Clergy Conference of the Church of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) and also the Chairman of Christian Council of Nigeria, South South Area Council.
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/09/07/archbishop-kattey-kidnapped-by-gunmen/

This journalists are so unprofessional, what is the essence of politicizing this story by dragging Mbu into it

15 Likes

Re: Archbishop Kattey Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by soundtruth(m): 8:02am On Sep 07, 2013
What can we say? Kidnapping is now a national phenomenon. The bishop was probably in a Toyota jeep. He will be released in good health after money changes hand or some miraculous intervention.
Re: Archbishop Kattey Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by AkamuandStew: 8:32am On Sep 07, 2013
Thanks to GEJ and his obese illiterate wife..

CP is busy playing PDP Ogogoro-politics while people are being robbed, kidnapped and killed..

cool

2 Likes

Re: Archbishop Kattey Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 07, 2013
Security does not begin and end with policing. Security also encompasses social security, job creation, poverty reduction and law enforcement. So for every kidnapp cases, while we blame the security agencies, the FG and state govt also share substantial part of the blame.

11 Likes

Re: Archbishop Kattey Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by juman(m): 8:55am On Sep 07, 2013
The religious leaders are also not good leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Archbishop Kattey Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 07, 2013
sadMy Lord Spiritual.

Seriously the insecurity in Rivers State is on the rise again.
Re: Archbishop Kattey Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 07, 2013
Oh no my senior's dad cry
Re: Archbishop Kattey Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by bjprodint(f): 9:53am On Sep 07, 2013
incredible!so kidnappers now want church money,rivers state and crimes nawaoh!
Re: Archbishop Kattey Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by eagleeye2: 9:53am On Sep 07, 2013
Akamu and Stew: Thanks to GEJ and his obese illiterate wife..

CP is busy playing PDP Ogogoro-politics while people are being robbed, kidnapped and killed..

cool
Indeed you are Akamu and Stew

6 Likes

Re: Archbishop Kattey Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by lifestyle1(m): 9:54am On Sep 07, 2013
undecided
Re: Archbishop Kattey Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by Arosa(m): 9:55am On Sep 07, 2013
Chai all these kidnapper no dey fear o, one day we go hear say them kidnap the devil. undecided
Re: Archbishop Kattey Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by MCKULQ(m): 9:55am On Sep 07, 2013
I DEY COME BACK.
Re: Archbishop Kattey Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by YOUNGKAHUNA: 9:56am On Sep 07, 2013
And why the biography?

6 Likes

Re: Archbishop Kattey Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by Netz2(m): 9:56am On Sep 07, 2013
END TIME THINGS..........

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Kattey Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:57am On Sep 07, 2013
That's is what i call 'massive development' in the eastern part of Nigeria!! That's all they can do!
Nuttin else! undecided

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Kattey Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 9:59am On Sep 07, 2013
This one u're given us his biography, has he died? Nawa O!
Re: Archbishop Kattey Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by slap1(m): 10:00am On Sep 07, 2013
eagle,eye:

Indeed you are Akamu and Stew
WICKED COMBO!
Re: Archbishop Kattey Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by Ogetogeo(m): 10:00am On Sep 07, 2013
YOUNGKAHUNA: And why the biography?

Was wondering same.

Such junk journalism!
Re: Archbishop Kattey Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by telim: 10:03am On Sep 07, 2013
chai if not because of the Mtn network in my hood that is Fucking slow i would have being among of the top 3 to comment. I will not give up b'cause i believe one day i will realize my dream. God they sha. Hmmm back to the gist, Oh God why must it be the poor that alway feels the impact whenever their is any wrong doing in Nigeria. Police will fire us, detain us, illegally send us to jail and torture us. The goverment will tax us reduce subsidy and enact policy that do not favour us. We pay tithe as usual to ensure the development of our church but we cant afford to send our children to the schools established by our church due to the high charges involved. The kidnappers have succeed in kidnapping the man of God and the only alternative for the church is to aggressively get more fund from its members which will be use to secure the release of the man of God. Oh, Almighty ja, the Poor are confused and dont know who to rescue us because we are indirectly and directly making the wealthy (politicians,pastors,kidnappers etc) wealthier while we the poor are getting poorer by the day. Just port us out of poverty.... But if porting out of poverty means confronting you one on one. Just lock up i will manage the situation till the day it get to my turn to leave these wicked world.
Re: Archbishop Kattey Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by djeezy(m): 10:04am On Sep 07, 2013
Political kidnapping. It's so unfortunate that security in this country is so loose, too many criminal acts prevail on daily basis. Those kidnappers no dey fear again o, if Christ still dey this world, dem for Kidnap am too sef, ask God for ransom. The person who reported this occurrence was busy telling us the archbishop's biography.
Re: Archbishop Kattey Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by Ogetogeo(m): 10:05am On Sep 07, 2013
SLIDE waxie: That's is what i call 'massive development' in the eastern part of Nigeria!! That's all they can do!
Nuttin else! undecided

Of a truth, you are really the 8th world wonder. embarassed embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Archbishop Kattey Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by adexsimply(m): 10:10am On Sep 07, 2013
spongeback: Oh no my senior's dad cry
do you mean "my dad's senior"?
Re: Archbishop Kattey Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by johnstar(m): 10:10am On Sep 07, 2013
Abeg, y nairaland smileys come small nw, na wa o....... Dis site come dey discourage me 2 enter sad
Re: Archbishop Kattey Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by canalily(m): 10:13am On Sep 07, 2013
undecided imagine, this is where commentors shuld be shouting "END TIME". Buh i hav only seen one end time comment. Where are you all end timers ? ? ? ? Una no wan talk?

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Kattey Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by mikky2k2(m): 10:13am On Sep 07, 2013
i smell 3 things here.......
1) church nw is turning into a political game so i smell MUTINY...
2). Its a planned thing cus despite the insecurity challenges i dnt think kidnappers will just knw abt d archbishop without an insider giving info on Hz movements..
3). It may be a plot to even assassinate him cuz according to d info he was with his wife but they abducted him alone..
Re: Archbishop Kattey Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 07, 2013
what's with the achievements of his father? eh eh ..u said next to nothing about himself . anyway ..i hope he will be liberated .
Re: Archbishop Kattey Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by Smooth278(m): 10:14am On Sep 07, 2013
Stupid unresearched article! Hw can a journalist say dt crime rate has increased in a state since a new police commissioner came in without showing proof dt any research was done (crime rate before and after the appointment of the new police commissioner)...
Re: Archbishop Kattey Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 07, 2013
Dude his daughter was my senior in secondary school, so I know what I mean undecided
adexsimply: [color=#990000]do you mean "my dad's senior"?[/color]
Re: Archbishop Kattey Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by adexsimply(m): 10:20am On Sep 07, 2013
spongeback: Dude his daughter was my senior in secondary school, so I know what I mean undecided
dudess I was just pulling your legs
oya laugh!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saraki Debunks Frivolous Allegations By Code Of Conduct Tribunal / ‘looted Funds Used For Buhari’s Campaign’ — PDP Replies Lai / Northern Elders Endorse President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.