Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,292 members, 7,780,683 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:28 PM

A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" (12585 Views)

My Lord!! / Funny Symptoms That You Are "Due" To Go Get Yourself A Wife! / Karrine Stefans' Letter To Her Husband As She Ends Marriage. (must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 16, 2008
angel is better off,than my lord which is supposed to be for God alone
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by debosky(m): 8:20pm On Jun 16, 2008
Jenny I go fight you oh angry

wetin dey wrong with my name? At least me sef dey call am queen undecided

I agree to something though, the food mentality that only the husband should eat 'correct food' while the kids eat the basic stuff is utter foolishness.

Why should a grown man be consuming ample portions of meat and growing children are denied protein all in the name of 'serving' the father? After the children now suffer stunted brain development and don't pass in school, the parents will now start making noise, what nonsense. angry
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by tope2000(f): 8:20pm On Jun 16, 2008
b
jennykadry:

angel is better off,than my lord which is supposed to be for God alone

thanx
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jun 16, 2008
studio43:

sexisti ke? well, the bible made it compulsory that every woman must give her husband every right he deserves.
call him whatever name he wants. as long as u jesus, GOD, holy spirit are not involved.

what about the men who call the women ANGELS nko?

u talk am well. the right that he deserves. It's not somethiing you earn just because u are a man or my husband, You didn't do me a favor by getting married to me so I don't owe you any form of gratitude neither do I have to worship you. If you nor marry me, I am sure another would have, so you haven't done something so special others haven't been doing before!
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jun 16, 2008
Debo forget dat thing abeg ,if na joke i go say ok the two of them understand theirself,but how woman go dey serious dey call her man my lord?for christsake woman suppose respect her husband but she no suppose fear am,but in dis case d woman is scared of her husband and im sure if she does not call him my lord him go use hand beat am to death,wat nonsense
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Busta(f): 8:23pm On Jun 16, 2008
michelin89:

If she wants to call him that, let her go ahead! All the same I for kunk the man for head for eating pounded yam like a bush man.

@ Busta
These people go school? because it seems the me the man is one big illiterate while his wife is a village mugu!

It beats me big time.

u need to see the way the man kept ordering his whole folks up and down.
u, get me water to drink,
u, get me water to wash my hands
u, massage my foot
u, get me tooth pick
u, scratch my back
u, do this, u do that

and he never for once called his wife My Queen or anything like that. That man was acting like a dictator i tell ya.
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 16, 2008
maybe d man is an ANTICHRIST undecided
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jun 16, 2008
jennykadry:

maybe d man is an ANTICHRIST undecided

or maybe he wants to live like those men in the bible!
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by studio43(m): 8:26pm On Jun 16, 2008
Busta:

It beats me big time.

u need to see the way the man kept ordering his whole folks up and down.
u, get me water to drink,
u, get me water to wash my hands
u, massage my foot
u, get me tooth pick
u, scratch my back
u, do this, u do that

and he never for once called his wife My Queen or anything like that. That man was acting like a dictator i tell ya.

afterall he paid your dowry. grin
why u no marry yourself? wink
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 16, 2008
uve forgotten that sometimes women help out in this paying of dowry stuffs studio,give us a beta reason,thank u
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 16, 2008
:-x
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by debosky(m): 8:29pm On Jun 16, 2008
Why all the surprise? it sounds like you people didn't grow up in naija. . .or is it really that strange to y'all? undecided

fine it may not be the best to order the woman and kids around, but if that is the social order they have grown up with and it suits the family, who are you to impose your own views? If the wife and the kids are doing it willingly (the wife following the example she got from her own home) then it is up to them. Not everyone has a burning need to be 'liberated' or 'modern' like y'all.
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Busta(f): 8:33pm On Jun 16, 2008
@Debo,

I really beg to differ.

its different when u respect ur dad and obey him than when he becomes a total dictator and u shiver at the sight of him. what kind of upbringing is that?
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 16, 2008
i wonder ooo,busta wat kinda upbringing is dat one angry angry angry
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by debosky(m): 8:37pm On Jun 16, 2008
The man was being gruff and telling them to get things for him - how does that make him a dictator? undecided

Did he threaten them with the force of violence if they did not obey? I was a bit scared of my dad when I was little, but as I grew older I got to know him better and developed a wholesome relationship. I think you are reading a WHOLE LOT more into this scene that you witnessed and may even be projecting something else you've seen/experienced.

One question - did the wife appear to be doing it out of fear or coercion? If not, then what is the basis of fear? Kids sit up and behave when daddy is around, thats a very typical situation in Nigeria. . .I do not see much else in the scene you painted unless you left out other things.
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by studio43(m): 8:37pm On Jun 16, 2008
jennykadry:

uve forgotten that sometimes women help out in this paying of dowry stuffs studio,give us a beta reason,thank u

yes i know there are lotsa unfortunate aged women who pay dowry to make sure her name enter for names of peeps wey don marry even though the man no love her.

but she still must give the man all the respect he deserves as ordered by the holy book. or else,
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by ty4real(m): 8:38pm On Jun 16, 2008
Why should my wife use my Lord for me shocked shocked shocked shocked,I will be so embarrassed. grin grin grin
Am sure this my Lord thing is only applicable in Africa,Not in Europe grin grin grin
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 16, 2008
studio43:

yes i know there are lotsa unfortunate aged women who pay dowry to make sure her name enter for names of peeps wey don marry even though the man no love her.

but she still must give the man all the respect he deserves as ordered by the holy book. or else,
what the, or else what?
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 16, 2008

they r some young women who help their men out in paying dowry all because of the men begged them to,so ur reason is not strong enough,give us sthg beta
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 16, 2008
all hail the master of the house  grin a classic throwback to those days when Men were men, children were seen and not heard, and a womans place was in the kitchen and then the bedroom - so those days are still with us! hooray! grin. there are still some of us who haven't been completely emasculated by feminism and liberalism -

my home is my castle - therefore i am the king! grin
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by studio43(m): 8:46pm On Jun 16, 2008
ibkaye:

what the, or else what?

Mr. DEVIL GO DO HIS HAND WORK cheesy

jennykadry:

they r some young women who help their men out in paying dowry all because of the men begged them to,so your reason is not strong enough,give us sthg beta

no lord, no angel cheesy , every body go dey answer im papa name cheesy
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jun 16, 2008
studio43:

Mr. DEVIL GO DO HIS HAND WORK cheesy

tell that to the birds tongue
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Busta(f): 8:50pm On Jun 16, 2008
@ debo,

Everyone is eating but the man would rather go on eating and be ordering his kids and wife to leavfe their food and tend to him first before they go back to their food and they barely went back to the food when the man is shouting for wash hand water . . why not stand the "F" up and go inside the kitchen to wash ur hands like a human being.

I don't know what to call that if not dictatorship . . . besides, my parents were not or neva like that with us.
we respected and do the right thing when my parents are home but not running under the bed and wait till the old is out the door again.
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by whitelexi(m): 8:56pm On Jun 16, 2008
Busta: it is not a matter of dictatorship. . . The woman has come to a stage in life when she has decided to over-respect her husband. . . it is not the man, it is the woman showing her love
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by hotchic1(f): 9:00pm On Jun 16, 2008
Irrespective of culture or something,i still don't think its right or a lady to address her husband using the word "my lord".
Anyway sha,provide the woman is alright with the woman,then no probs.
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by ty4real(m): 9:03pm On Jun 16, 2008
whitelexi:

Busta: it is not a matter of dictatorship. . . The woman has come to a stage in life when she has decided to over-respect her husband. . . it is not the man, it is the woman showing her love

I disagree here,in actual sense,it is mixture of both culture and Dictatorship.Love is the least on it,but this was the scenario with the old school African fathers oo,Things are changing grin grin grin grin!I keep wondering where Africa got that culture that the wife must be suppressed and made to look like her opinion is irrelevant! cool cool
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by SmallAnus: 9:04pm On Jun 16, 2008
spiritual or temporal lord?
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by debosky(m): 9:04pm On Jun 16, 2008
@ Busta

If my father was eating and I was eating as well, and he said 'go get me water to wash my hands', I would do that gladly and not regard it as dictatorship, he is after all my father. That is my opinion and it may not agree with yours, and it doesn't have to.

Like I said, you are projecting your own experience on this one to judge that it is wrong, while it may just be a different experience from yours. Once again, there are different social structures out there from the ones you grew up in, and you may find it unacceptable, while they may not.

Its just like we Africans who do corporal punishment and regard it as ok, and some Westerners who say its 'barbaric' - different social systems, different view points. I do not see anything necessarily wrong with the man's actions. I may not do the same personally, but that is simply my own prerogative.

@ hot chic, you said it all - provided the woman is alright with it - if she is, then there is no need to impose our own views.
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by whitelexi(m): 9:07pm On Jun 16, 2008
Small_Anus:

spiritual or temporal lord?

None of the above.

ty4real:

[/b]
I disagree here,in actual sense,it is mixture of both culture and Dictatorship.Love is the least on it,but this was the scenario with the old school African fathers oo,Things are changing grin grin grin grin!I keep wondering where Africa got that culture that the wife must be suppressed and made to look like her opinion is irrelevant! cool cool

Where is your sense of humour?
Can your wife not insist on calling u her lord? What of men who call their wives "my queen" or "my guardian angel" sef? grin grin
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by snazzydawn(f): 9:15pm On Jun 16, 2008
grin grin grin hmm this is really funny! Maybe they were acting a movie grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 16, 2008
If she wan call am great abunna make she carry go. Na that pounded yam wey the man dey chop dey vex me! Why e be say na only the man dey chop the thing?
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by beauteous(f): 9:42pm On Jun 16, 2008
mich---i want to create a thread,i want sm1 to clear me on smtin nd maybe u can help due to one of your replies to a post.when m done,i tel u so u go ova to da thread nd we get started.deal?let me knw

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Endtime See How A Girl Took A Selfie Picture / Top 10 Countries With Largest joystick Size / The Way A Belly Navel Is Supposed To Look Like

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.