Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" (12680 Views)

My Lord!! / Funny Symptoms That You Are "Due" To Go Get Yourself A Wife! / Karrine Stefans' Letter To Her Husband As She Ends Marriage. (must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Jackal(m): 9:45pm On Jun 16, 2008
A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord"??

There's nuthing wrong with it.
She can call her husband god if she wishes too.
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 16, 2008
@ beauty

Ok, Just keep me posted and I'll meet you!
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Pataki: 10:08pm On Jun 16, 2008
@ Busta and Jenny,

What is wrong in a woman calling her husband: My Lord? undecided You people just like to take things out of context all the time.

@ Busta,
You are a yoruba woman, are you telling me you cannot call your husband, ''baale ile mi''? grin A man that services you when you need to be serviced.

I perfectly see nothing wrong with it. Can someone show me otherwise tongue
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by beauteous(f): 10:10pm On Jun 16, 2008
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 16, 2008
uncle pataki y would she seriously call her hubby my lord?which kain loff nwantiti is that one undecided is she respecting her husband or is she scared of him,which one?abeg that is nonsense pataki
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by onyinye2(f): 10:14pm On Jun 16, 2008
oh heck NAW!!!! i could never call my husband my lord. i might love him but im sorry i just couldnt do that. i hate the feeling of being inferior to anyone and by calling him that it would just add to that. i understand that there are some men you call their woman their queen but that is a whole different story.
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Pataki: 10:18pm On Jun 16, 2008
jennykadry:

uncle pataki y would she seriously call her hubby my lord?which kain loff nwantiti is that one undecided is she respecting her husband or is she scared of him,which one?abeg that is nonsense pataki
Aunty Jenny, It is both love, respect and admiration she sees in her man. If you truly know the heart of a man, you would know a man inherently respects and values a woman who adores and cherishes him. When it gets overboard, then abuse is likely to set in depending on the character of the man.

It is left on the woman to know how to be moderate when giving out her love, respect, admiration to her man.

I still see nothing wrong with her calling her husband My Lord. Please show me otherwise. grin
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Pataki: 10:22pm On Jun 16, 2008
onyinye2:

oh heck NAW!!!! i could never call my husband my lord. i might love him but im sorry i just couldnt do that. i hate the feeling of being inferior to anyone and by calling him that it would just add to that. i understand that there are some men you call their woman their queen but that is a whole different story.
Miss you are only inferior simply because you allowed yourself to be inferior to whomever.

Pray tell me, what is the different story when I call my woman, My Queen? Why are you women looking at this matter with your concave lens?
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by NubianQ(f): 10:27pm On Jun 16, 2008
@ Jenny dearie,

Greetins from my religious section grin. i dont mean to sway d topic. but whats with the latest locking of threads?

na wa o

Anyway, calling a man my Lord sounds so dumb. it sounds like some name used when havin Kinky Jiggies winks

Lord is way tooo much
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by onyinye2(f): 10:27pm On Jun 16, 2008
oka when you call your woman a queen it doesnt mean that much . well i mean it does mean something but to compare that with the word lord just doesnt cut it. by me calling my husband my lord i get the feeling he is my savior or something or a god. queen and lord are in to different categories.
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by dudu19(m): 10:31pm On Jun 16, 2008
@ poster

Haa haa him wife dey call am judge and he no dey shame!!!!!dat man should be ashamed of himself, plus he's lives in america and treats his family like dat. We africans re just unbelievable.
Plus i still find it hard to believe this post.
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by StephenP(m): 10:32pm On Jun 16, 2008
I can understand if she calls him King but Lord is overdoing it.
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Jackal(m): 10:33pm On Jun 16, 2008
People call Judges "LORDS" in the Court so why can't a woman say the same thing.
In the man's house, he is the judge, the jury and the executioner.
His house, his rules!!!!!
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Pataki: 10:34pm On Jun 16, 2008
onyinye2:

oka when you call your woman a queen it doesnt mean that much . well i mean it does mean something but to compare that with the word lord just doesnt cut it. by me calling my husband my lord i get the feeling he is my savior or something or a god. queen and lord are in to different categories.
Are we going to swim into semantics with this topic now? tongue Or I am rather confused now what different categories does a Queen and Lord belong to, which makes it most inappropriate for consenting couples to call themselves?

I still say, I see nothing wrong with the subject matter. tongue
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by StephenP(m): 10:37pm On Jun 16, 2008
Jackal:

People call Judges "LORDS" in the Court so why can't a woman say the same thing.
In the man's house, he is the judge, the jury and the executioner.
His house, his rules!!!!!

You seem to forget that there are female judges too. Would you, cause of that, call your wife Lord?
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Jackal(m): 10:38pm On Jun 16, 2008
StephenP:

You seem to forget that there are female judges too. Would you, cause of that, call your wife Lord?

I will call her Lordess as long as she calls me LORD. cheesy grin
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Pataki: 10:38pm On Jun 16, 2008
Can someone please tell me, Is the word My Lord a criminal word to be used in marriage between a man and his wife?

Haba!!!!
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jun 16, 2008
And I thought in the bible wives reffered to their husbands as ''MY LORD''?  Besides the word lord is just a title.Like chief ,King etc.  Its not Gods name. ELOHIM and ADONAI as contained in the bible simply mean my lord or my king.
Judges,husbands,kings,rich men and nobles etc were all reffered to this way in times of old.

That is the simple truth.So if I call my GF my lady,my queen,the most wonderous princess/queen,my life, my fountain etc it doesnt mean ive gone crackers.
Even nowadays I say something and she jokingly but politely says ''yes my lord''.

It all depends on the man.Such a man even if the woman calls him ''mumu'' hell still boss her and the kids.Personality matters.
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by onyinye2(f): 10:41pm On Jun 16, 2008
why do men want to be called lord?? is there a feeling of power in such a name?? a queen means a women leader basically. but lord means savior and someone to worship. and if your first name aint Jesus and last name Christ I AINT WORSHIPPING YOU!!!!!!!
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by NubianQ(f): 10:44pm On Jun 16, 2008
Call a man Lord? What a Laugh grin
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Jackal(m): 10:46pm On Jun 16, 2008
NubianQ:

Call a man Lord? What a Laugh grin

U have called men greater things than that so why pretend? tongue
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by NubianQ(f): 10:47pm On Jun 16, 2008
Jackal:

You have called men greater things than that so why pretend? tongue

well it depends on the situation wink i am always the one being called Mistress
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by onyinye2(f): 10:47pm On Jun 16, 2008
there is no need to give your partner a name of high distinction. i dont need anyone calling me a queen cause i already know i am.
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by dudu19(m): 10:48pm On Jun 16, 2008
@Pataki

I ve scrolled up and read a few of ur post, u really crack me up. U really sound like one of those that call their wifes my Queen which is pretty awful, well if a husband and wife call themselves My Lord or my Queen in the confinement of their bedroom then maybe dats ok
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by debosky(m): 10:48pm On Jun 16, 2008
# Lord
A man of high rank in a feudal society or in one that retains feudal forms and institutions, especially:

1. A king.
2. A territorial magnate.
3. The proprietor of a mano

1. God.
2. Christianity. Jesus.
1. A man of renowned power or authority.
2. A man who has mastery in a given field or activity. e.g Lord Abunna user grin
3. Archaic. The male head of a household.
4. Archaic. A husband.

It does NOT necessarily mean he is being worshipped! Lord = husband! End of Story grin

On the other hand, let us examine queen

1 a: the wife or widow of a king b: the wife or widow of a tribal chief
2 a: a female monarch b: a female chieftain
3 a: a woman eminent in rank, power, or attractions

In essence, queen = lord in some respects, and in most respects, is a much GREATER/IMPORTANT title than Lord cool
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Pataki: 10:48pm On Jun 16, 2008
onyinye2:

why do men want to be called lord?? is there a feeling of power in such a name?? a queen means a women leader basically. but lord means savior and someone to worship. and if your first name aint Jesus and last name Christ I AINT WORSHIPPING YOU!!!!!!!
Ask the queen of England, why she is is referred to and called as Her Royal Majesty. tongue Then you will realize calling names in relationship strengthens the relationship and flows. tongue
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by StephenP(m): 10:49pm On Jun 16, 2008
But seriously, I'd be embarrassed if my wife constantly called me Lord.
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jun 16, 2008
hahahha. . .debo, you're not serious!! Lord abunna my sexy black @$$ cool

Call him lord? hmmmm. . .but not out of the house o cool
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Jackal(m): 10:51pm On Jun 16, 2008
StephenP:

But seriously, I'd be embarrassed if my wife constantly called me Lord.

Embarrassed? U are funny!!!!
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by tope2000(f): 10:51pm On Jun 16, 2008
Some of you guys are still living in the dark ages, i swear. LORD!!! R u kidding me
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by TOH(f): 10:53pm On Jun 16, 2008
Technically isnt that breaking the 1st commandment?
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by StephenP(m): 10:53pm On Jun 16, 2008
Jackal:

Embarrassed? You are funny!!!!

Really! I don't think I'd be able to take her out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Some Romancelanders Who Had Opened Thread For Their Crush So Far. / Why Are Girls Scared Of Handsome Dudes? / Why You Shouldn't Send Her Valentine Gifts Yet.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.