Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,990 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

dy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / dy (2531 Views)

No One Is In Hell,beware Of People Telling You Dy Went There. / If Catholic Bow To Statue&jehovah Witness Disbelive TRINITY.ARE DY CHRISTAINS? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

dy by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 07, 2013
dudv

2 Likes

Re: dy by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 07, 2013
You guyz must see this and drop comments.
Re: dy by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 07, 2013
Sweet...

Good to see someone question his religious beliefs. cheesy

Never stop reading and educating yourself cheesy

1 Like

Re: dy by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 07, 2013
Nolongthing1:
PS.I don't know what label to give myself yet.
@bold: keep working on that.. take your time...

Hell gets cooler when we win more souls from boring heaven... grin grin grin

Welcome to the 'REAL' world..

Oya, Lb, when we go baptize this guy? smiley

1 Like

Re: dy by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 07, 2013
Logicboy03: Sweet...

yep i'll sure do buh seems the hebrew war god was unhappy with that because my tablet was stolen day ago and in it i had all my books, misquoting jezuz, God delusion, tha age of reason etc
Re: dy by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 07, 2013
aManFromMars:

When he pays his atheist tithe

2 Likes

Re: dy by frank317: 10:06am On Sep 07, 2013
I feel you my guy, i spent the better part of my time alone wondering what this God really wants.
The hell ish messed up my childhood. I spent my childhood life wondering what would happen if i die because i knew that i wasnt perfect. I tried to attain perfction even as a child, but i kept on failing hence the threat and fear of hell made my nights a nightmare.
If i had focused all those fears of the unknown to someting productive, i would have made better impact to people around me. I would have been more productive.

Religious people all know they cant attain those conditions that will make them be candidates of heaven, they try to create excuse for themselves. They say "we are not perfect thats why we pray for forgiveness everytime we commit sin" and I am like WTF

3 Likes

Re: dy by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 07, 2013
Hmmmm, This is gonna be a good thread to engaged !!!
Re: dy by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 07, 2013
Nolongthing1:

yep i'll sure do buh seems the hebrew war god was unhappy with that because my tablet was stolen day ago and in it i had all my books, misquoting jezuz, God delusion, tha age of reason etc
Lol.. heheheheheh.... grin grin

no vex, bro.. even tithe is stolen from churches.. .surely the christian God is angry with everyone... wink

1 Like

Re: dy by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 07, 2013
aManFromMars:
Lol.. heheheheheh.... grin grin

no vex, bro.. even tithe is stolen from churches.. .surely the christian God is angry with everyone... wink

True talk.....shit happens to everyone

1 Like

Re: dy by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 07, 2013
Nolongthing1:

lol....however dont let that stop you.

Atheism or disbelief is not the end. There is still politics, business, science and culture to understand. You have to see how they all tie in with religion/disbelief.

This is the difference between some of the atheists here. Some are well rounded on many issues

1 Like

Re: dy by onetrack(m): 10:17am On Sep 07, 2013
I'm always glad to see this. You say you are reading the Quran. Actually as an atheist I encourage people to read the holy books like the Bible and Quran; there are a lot of people who have left religion precisely because they sat down and read the holy books for themselves instead of being told what to read.

I guarantee you that when you get to the 9th sura in the Quran you'll be ready to throw it in the trash can...and that sura is known to be the second to the last of all the suras in the order in which Muhammad said it, so it cancels out everything written earlier, which is basically the entire Quran. But you'll gain an understanding of why Boko Haram does what they do.

Fun fact: the suras in the Quran were placed in order by length, not by chronology or subject. Which is why the topics jump around randomly. I wonder how Things Fall Apart would read if the chapters were placed in order by length??

And the Bible is brutal almost from the first chapter...

2 Likes

Re: dy by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 07, 2013
aManFromMars:

Na so bro....

1 Like

Re: dy by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 07, 2013
frank3.16:
I feel you my guy, i spent the better part of my time alone wondering what this God really wants.
The hell ish messed up my childhood. I spent my childhood life wondering what would happen if i die because i knew that i wasnt perfect. I tried to attain perfction even as a child, but i kept on failing hence the threat and fear of hell made my nights a nightmare.
If i had focused all those fears of the unknown to someting productive, i would have made better impact to people around me. I would have been more productive.

Religious people all know they cant attain those conditions that will make them be candidates of heaven, they try to create excuse for themselves. They say "we are not perfect thats why we pray for forgiveness everytime we commit sin" and I am like WTF

I tell you the hell thing really got me the people who thought it up really got me, i used to be depressed for having bad thoughts and will pray God takes it away thinking it was the devil manipulating me there was a time i used to pray against sleep paralysis too thinking it was the devil oppression..thank goodness it's not too late i realized this i still have a longway to go in my life..

1 Like

Re: dy by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 07, 2013
onetrack: I'm always glad to see this. You say you are reading the Quran. Actually as an atheist I encourage people to read the holy books like the Bible and Quran; there are a lot of people who have left religion precisely because they sat down and read the holy books for themselves instead of being told what to read.

I guarantee you that when you get to the 9th sura in the Quran you'll be ready to throw it in the trash can...and that sura is known to be the second to the last of all the suras in the order in which Muhammad said it, so it cancels out everything written earlier, which is basically the entire Quran. But you'll gain an understanding of why Boko Haram does what they do.

Fun fact: the suras in the Quran were placed in order by length, not by chronology or subject. Which is why the topics jump around randomly. I wonder how Things Fall Apart would read if the chapters were placed in order by length??

And the Bible is brutal almost from the first chapter...

Yes i noticed the book is not systematic it may be discussing a topic now and it'll veer to another..Edited

1 Like

Re: dy by ifeegee(f): 11:10am On Sep 07, 2013
This section is full of mind game,if it's not tithing,trinity,ot vs nt it is the outright rejection of the existence of GOD.
The op is introducing a new trend and that trend,is,sitting on the fence,unsure of which side of the divide to fall into.
Op,congratulation on your new self discovery.
Re: dy by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 07, 2013
ifee-gee:
This section is full of mind game,if it's not tithing,trinity,ot vs nt it is the outright rejection of the existence of GOD.
The op is introducing a new trend and that trend,is,sitting on the fence,unsure of which side of the divide to fall into.

Smh.

1 Like

Re: dy by Heathen(m): 11:41am On Sep 07, 2013
ifee-gee:
ifee-gee goooo hoooommeee, you're drunk.

1 Like

Re: dy by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 07, 2013
U shall be blessed and endowed with necessary Knowledge from seeking knowledge outside the scriptures .

..... Don't forget to consolidate and crossreferenced all U learnt in coming-up with a channel/theory that best suits U !!!

I was once like U under the umbrella of Islam ......... I don't condemn or castigate as I believed wether it is Paganism,Christianity,Islam,confuscianism,budhism,Free thinkers who based their models on Scientific postulations are all to some extent Correct but the knowledge base of each ideology surpasses the other !!

U see,
No HumanBeing can behave/act or react beyond the Knowledge available to him at a Point in time ....... Donroxy !!!

The secret behind uncovering secrets, is to read scriptures or any scientific documents with Clean,Clear and Unbiased mind as such u will be able to discover whether to accept The Logic behind those documents(scriptures and others) or to reject them !!!

While I was Like you, I didn't read bible alone ,I asked questions about verses that were not clear to me from Devoted christian friends and As a Muslim,I passed through arabic school(madrasat) as a kid-teenager yet .....I asked questions about places I could not decipher in the quran !!!

Why did I asked Questions after I have read these Scriptures it is simply because My own Logical knowledge at a point in time may not be ENOUGH to draw conclusion on some certain verses/chapters that I read on my own!!

I was also able to discovered that There are other supporting thesis e.g TAFSIR il' Quran=Analysis of the Quran among other documents that aids in understanding the Quran .................since Each Chapter/verses is relating to an ISSUE/EVENT !!!

I so believed Bible should have the same supporting document too though I never read one ........!!!

Also, I have been able to relate my believe with Science based on my Academic Enrolment and as a Social Scientist with so many Pure Scientist Friends and Books!!! ....... I studied interrelationship between HumanBeing (Social Science) and Read pure Scientific textbooks of my science friends ..... I asked them questions cuz I can't crack the Maths behind their notions .....though, I was able to understand what a concept is saying Rudimentally i.e @ basic level

I relate OmniScient which equals embodiment of all Knowledge and OmniPotent which equals embodiment of all power as well as OmniPresent which equals Ubiquitos ........... And I scientifically conclude that All the above is possible !!!

I was able to Scientifically/PseudoScientifically resolved that supreme force exist somewhere,If Truly, Behind every object there is another ''controlling'' object and so on like that in the chain then whatever ''BODY/FORCE'' ,which can be anything, that derived ''no controlling power from elsewhere but hold others together in the chain'' shall be deemed ''GOD'' and it could be anything but our SCIENTIFIC KNOWLEDGE is ''YET'' to unravel what/who it is!!!! ......... I think some religion peeps erred by Attaching ''Gender'' to GOD !!!

And yes, Scientists are yet to logically drawn conclusions on so many complexities of the Earth but I believed they shall get there while exploring !!!

Now,that I held there is Supreme body somewhere.... I have to start interpolating between Religions which just implies a channel of communication/exchanging correspondence with SUPREME DEITY !!!

Then I crossReferenced Paganism,Confuscianism,Budhism,Evaluate Christianity/Judahism/jew and critically re-evaluate Islam and yes with unbiased mind and ''mindset of seeking for Knowledge'' ...................

I was able to drawn conclusions and held to what I believed is right for me !!! Which is Islam ...... I may tell u why in the longrun cuz I know people will ask why !!!

I first thought I was commiting a sin by trangressing outside scriptures in seeking for knowledge but I discovered the scriptures even Urged/compel me to seek for Knowledge even in the farthest of the farthest and Islam also urged that Seeking for knowledge is compulsory on all adherents !!!

Because, behind all knowledge in the longrun u shall find GOD=OMNIKNOWLEDGE !!!

Now, what will GOD Judged,if GOD is behind all knowlegde ? The answer is............How U acquired such Knowlegde and what U used such knowledge for i.e what other knowledge/modalities were u able to create with the knowledge u have acquired capische ?

I think Atheist get it wrong by thinking SCIENCE=Knowledge no,no,no ......... SCIENCE is just a methodology of acquiring/studying Knowledge[/b].........

There are other non-scientific method of Acquiring/studying KNOWLEDGE tagged pseudoScience among other concepts in ART!!!

But Science is the only exemplary methodology which is Logical i.e
Re: dy by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 07, 2013
The methodology of science in accessing,studying,revealing and unravelling Knowledge-based is well explanable and easily comprehended by HUMAN-BRAIN!!! And thats why Science was promoted than any other means which include Sorcery;wizardry; among other pseudoscientific methodology

Then , We may be able to force ourselves to ask What is Knowledge itself

Quick visit to Google says this ;

knowl·edge - /ˈnälij/
Noun:
1. Information and skills acquired through experience or education; the theoretical or practical understanding of a subject

2. What is known in a particular field or in total; facts and information!!!

I love the second definition as it relate with what I am Postulating here !!!

Knowledge or acquisition of knowledge of any concept only seek to achieved two things and just two things; BENEFICIAL and/or DISASTROUS/HARMFUL

The methodology by which Scientist unravel ''Knowledge''(Fact and Information about our system as well as invention ''Technology'') is, by me personally, adjudged the best !!!

Though,It always take Scientists Years to come into conclusions simply cuz of Observation;Experimenting;analysing among other models ..........They always get there in the longrun

While PseudoScientist can abracadabrally drawn conclusion within minutes !!!

The question should be, has there been any significant difference in the conclusion of PseudoScientist and Pure Scientist ......also, what is the degree of their Digression ?

Science invents whatever it invents using what has been invented by something else abi where did Science gather materials for invention, was it not found somewhere here on earth/world beyond , then who put it there ........ It was just there ahahaha !!!

What Science does is the tehnical ''know-how'' of combinning various elements with varied abilities In a Logical and easily comprehensible manner to Create and Invent what could Either be beneficial or Disastrous to Human and/or his environment !!!

The question is who put the materials used by scientist there in the firstplace ......

By Reading the Scriptures,I discovered ''God'' endowed Human-being with the best of the best skills/Knowledge and Ability to Infer than any ''other creations''!!!

Scientist today have been able to conclude there may be other extra-terrestial bodies somewhere other than our planet UFO, among others ....... The study of such is tagged ExoBiology

My Conclusion is, If HumanBeing were able to create ROBOTS AND OTHER ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE then further advancement in technological shall be able to create a robot that shall procreat=give birth like human ......... Then we can start testing some hypothesis on what is the technology behind MAN and his environment=COSMOS

Is it not possible we are ''somebody's'' Robot/Artificial Intelligence and such ''somebody'' tasked us all To Worship him/it !!!

But some of us have gone ''rogue'' ........ As such ''it'' promised to deal with us When our cells lived out its life =Death !!! OR Reward those who actually hearkened!!!

All in All, I absolutely do not have ANYTHING to LOSE AS A BELIEVER if MY CELLS SHALL ULTIMATELY LIVED IT OUT ITS LIFE WHEN THEY EXPIRED

I LOVE SCIENCE, it broadens Knowledge without Bias!!!
Re: dy by nnofaith: 12:51pm On Sep 07, 2013
@op
enjoy your freedom.

1 Like

Re: dy by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:47pm On Sep 07, 2013
It really a good thing to realise that people break the chain of religion and kickstart journey into life.

OP, like my people will say.....when mother gives birth to us, we need to make a way and give birth to ourselve once again. This doesn't mean we need to die or have heirs. Practically, it mean when your parent, environment and people build up stuff around your consciousness.....we should be awaken and self conscious of whats good for us to choose and what should be step on.

We are born without a belief until our parents, environment or people programmed us right from child hood. Like you said, it very hard to let go what ever we belief from childhood but our mind at a point struggle to break itself from every bondage and begins to explore on it own.

You dont need to label yourself OP..........you are simply awaken. The journey of life is a far distant one. The more you walk, the more you realise things. Im sorry you cant know it all at once, it a progressive realisation base on self consciousness....where ever you get, by the time you realise what is truth to you then you can suit yourself with anything you want.

Continue reading, meditating with your environment, explore through mind and question everything.

2 Likes

Re: dy by UyiIredia(m): 5:35pm On Sep 07, 2013
Logicboy03: Sweet...

It isn't compulsory it leads to atheism. It so happens it does attimes lead back to Christianity. It so happens few atheists have converted to Christianity, deism or some other religion: the response from some atheists to that (eg Antony Flew's) is pathetic.
Re: dy by Nobody: 5:49pm On Sep 07, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

It isn't compulsory it leads to atheism. It so happens it does attimes lead back to Christianity. It so happens few atheists have converted to Christianity, deism or some other religion: the response from some atheists to that (eg Antony Flew's) is pathetic.

You have come with your poo again

1 Like

Re: dy by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 07, 2013
aManFromMars:

GOD is reality.

Its deeper than religion
Get to know what the bible really says.
Re: dy by UyiIredia(m): 5:54pm On Sep 07, 2013
Nolongthing1:

Oh, Thomas Paine. Funny thing is I hardly read deist works. Only Ethics. I skimmed The Age of Reason and Common Sense. For the most part, atheism led to my deism. I happen to have told logicboy what will definitely convince me of his stance but he chickens out.
Re: dy by UyiIredia(m): 5:55pm On Sep 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

You have come with your poo again

I dey laff. How far your dead subreddit page ?

1 Like

Re: dy by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 07, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

I dey laff. How far your dead subreddit page ?

It is not my subreddit. I found it.....

POOyi iredia

1 Like

Re: dy by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 07, 2013
frank3.16:

it pains my heart when I see ignorant posts like the bolded.
If only you got to know this God personally, you wouldn't have false misconceptions of him.

For us who know him, our testimony is the same:
Life with God is AMAZING, we are filled with Joy

God is for you. God loves you.
Re: dy by UyiIredia(m): 6:07pm On Sep 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

It is not my subreddit. I found it.....

POOyi iredia

Found also means started . . . just saying.

1 Like

Re: dy by ifeegee(f): 7:02pm On Sep 07, 2013
aManFromMars:

Smh.
Pls,do not allow it fall off.
Re: dy by ifeegee(f): 7:10pm On Sep 07, 2013
Heathen: ifee-gee goooo hoooommeee, you're drunk.
I'm actually typing from the comfy of my home and I'm definitely far from being drunk.
Just stating the obvious.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Petition To Withdraw The Holy Bible / Saudi Head Of Sharia Law Orders All Christian Churches Demolished! / Bvn: Does My Wife Has To Remove Her Hijab?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.