Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Jos Airport Erects First Security Watch Tower In Nigerian Airports - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jos Airport Erects First Security Watch Tower In Nigerian Airports (8561 Views)

Presidency Denies Placing Tinubu Under Security Watch / Tinubu Under Security Watch Over Alleged Plot Against Buhari / Atiku, Baraje, Others Under Security Watch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jos Airport Erects First Security Watch Tower In Nigerian Airports by taharqa2: 9:37pm On Sep 07, 2013

Yakubu Gowon Airport, Jos, Plateau State, has constructed Security Watch Tower at about 5.1 m high at the Runway-28 end for the Police Counter Terrorism Unit (CTU), the first ever erected in any Airport across the country.

Unveiling the tower before newsmen in the presence of the Regional Manager (North-central) of Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), Pastor Chris Bature, the Jos Airport Manager, Mr Jim Opotu said the tower was erected in accordance with the directives of the National Security Adviser’s office to enable security personnel keep watch over the runway during flight operations.

Bature, who doubles as the Manager of the Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja, scored Opotu and his management team high over the tower and indeed other developmental projects locally executed by the management. He described the manager as “clever and intelligent”, charging the other airports managers to borrow a leaf from him.

[b]He said aside from the good pace of the remodelling work going on at the airport, which would increase the capacity of the airport to 730 per hour, “general renovation and furnishing of the airport Police post to provide conducive working environment for the Police officers, and the building of canopies at 5.4m high at the access and Apron gates by the Opotu team, were commendable.”

Bature also noted that the renovation of offices, conference room and conveniences of airport Rescue and Fire Fighting Services (ARFFS), and the production of sign posts at strategic locations for proper identification and direction of airport users, and many other projects “must have been a result of Opotu’s prudent management of funds released to the airport.”

Other projects executed by the Jos Airport management include the ongoing construction work on the permanent site of Airport Staff School, and five hydrants strategically located at various locations of the airport to replenish water supply in the event of fire outbreak.[/b]

Elated by the good works, Bature, while promising to contribute his quota to support Jos Airport, noted that FAAN was doing everything to ensure that staff welfare, in terms of allowances, accommodation, healthcare services, and education, were not taken for granted, adding that their welfare was currently under review

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/jos-erects-first-security-watch-tower-in-nigeria-airports/158394/

4 Likes

Re: Jos Airport Erects First Security Watch Tower In Nigerian Airports by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 07, 2013
Good one. Next will be Enugu

1 Like

Re: Jos Airport Erects First Security Watch Tower In Nigerian Airports by agbameta: 10:26pm On Sep 07, 2013
Den erect fence, what a wonderful achievement....lawd have mercy....lmao

This is a clear demonstration of incompetence and idleness, every little thing becomes monumental to the shallow and incompetent...

3 Likes

Re: Jos Airport Erects First Security Watch Tower In Nigerian Airports by tsomething: 10:38pm On Sep 07, 2013
agbameta: Den erect fence, what a wonderful achievement....lawd have mercy....lmao

This is a clear demonstration of incompetence and idleness, every little thing becomes monumental to the shallow and incompetent...

but switching on street lights for a bad road is a landmark achievement !!!! Shameless hypocrite

18 Likes

Re: Jos Airport Erects First Security Watch Tower In Nigerian Airports by agbameta: 10:47pm On Sep 07, 2013
t-something:

but switching on street lights for a bad road is a landmark achievement !!!! Shameless hypocrite

Switching on lights was a great triumph over 50 plus years of federal incompetence and neglect. We refuse to let the dullard keep us in darkness forever...

2 Likes

Re: Jos Airport Erects First Security Watch Tower In Nigerian Airports by LMAyedun(m): 10:52pm On Sep 07, 2013
I've said this before & i ll say it again......
The minister of Aviation is really performing.. Encouraging News coming out from that sector everyday.
I wish the minister of Education can get a clue from the Aviation Ministry.

9 Likes

Re: Jos Airport Erects First Security Watch Tower In Nigerian Airports by tsomething: 11:04pm On Sep 07, 2013
agbameta:

Switching on lights was a great triumph over 50 plus years of federal incompetence and neglect. We refuse to let the dullard keep us in darkness forever...

...... stop making yourself look stupid even though its obvious you are. Has this President ruled for 50 years? He rushed to switch on street lights yet cannot complete an ordinary 50Km road after 7yrs even though he's collecting huge tolls from it daily.

Besides talking of idleness, If I can recall correctly , someone opened a thread to celebrate Eko Atlantic city on the homepage of MSN.
grin

16 Likes

Re: Jos Airport Erects First Security Watch Tower In Nigerian Airports by GenOrumov: 11:12pm On Sep 07, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
I've said this before & i ll say it again......
The minister of Aviation is really performing.. Encouraging News coming out from that sector everyday.
I wish the minister of Education can get a clue from the Aviation Ministry.
She may be performing but I was disappointed when I visited MMIA, Lagos. Yes they are renovating it but it seems to be at a snail's pace. Seems past governments didn't touch that airport at all. And the road leading away from the Airport? Pathetic!! I wonder what the current government is doing regarding that. And to think that Airport serves as an International Airport, I wonder what foreigners have to say about us.

2 Likes

Re: Jos Airport Erects First Security Watch Tower In Nigerian Airports by agbameta: 11:38pm On Sep 07, 2013
t-something:

...... stop making yourself look stupid even though its obvious you are. Has this President ruled for 50 years? He rushed to switch on street lights yet cannot complete an ordinary 50Km road after 7yrs even though he's collecting huge tolls from it daily.

Besides talking of idleness, If I can recall correctly , someone opened a thread to celebrate Eko Atlantic city on the homepage of MSN.
grin

What a clown you are. So we shouldn't have street lights because our incompetent dullard was not the president 50, 30, 20, 10 years ago, but the power situation got worse under his dumb assss..?

Dullards indeed think alike for real.

The whole world is talking about and celebrating Eko Atlantic in your country with daily news articles, but your sorry and pathetic ass is mad because Eko Atlantic is not in your tribal village.... What a loser. No wonder your village remains backward.

2 Likes

Re: Jos Airport Erects First Security Watch Tower In Nigerian Airports by Nobody: 3:35am On Sep 08, 2013
Well, I really do not kno how significant this tower thing is, but must building it be celebrated again? Its like if part of the road leading to that airport is patched then it will also make news in grand style.
These politicians are only deceiving us by all these their uneccessary celebration, some of them actually have towers that are more than 5.1m in their houses and besides how much did this airport tower cost?
Re: Jos Airport Erects First Security Watch Tower In Nigerian Airports by tsomething: 6:18am On Sep 08, 2013
agbameta:

What a clown you are. So we shouldn't have street lights because our incompetent dullard was not the president 50, 30, 20, 10 years ago, but the power situation got worse under his dumb assss..?

The whole world is talking about and celebrating Eko Atlantic in your country with daily news articles, but your sorry and pathetic ass is mad because Eko Atlantic is not in your tribal village.... What a loser. No wonder your village remains backward.

.....you still didn't answer why he quickly rushed to switch on street lights, but till today unable to complete a meagre 50Km tolled - road even after 7yrs . If that isn't cluelessness , I wonder what is

11 Likes

Re: Jos Airport Erects First Security Watch Tower In Nigerian Airports by awodman: 6:23am On Sep 08, 2013
Gen. Orumov:

She may be performing but I was disappointed when I visited MMIA, Lagos. Yes they are renovating it but it seems to be at a snail's pace. Seems past governments didn't touch that airport at all. And the road leading away from the Airport? Pathetic!! I wonder what the current government is doing regarding that. And to think that Airport serves as an International Airport, I wonder what foreigners have to say about us.
The state of that road is too bad...but I hear there are plans to concession and develop via PPP...and plans are already at an advanced stage...pls they should hurry up
Re: Jos Airport Erects First Security Watch Tower In Nigerian Airports by telexfree1: 11:37am On Sep 08, 2013
agbameta:

Why did you wait for 50 years before you finally got off your a.s.s to take a proactive step ?

2 Likes

Re: Jos Airport Erects First Security Watch Tower In Nigerian Airports by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 08, 2013
First? Are you serious, can u imagine. Why would airports without watch tower be among the African top 10
Re: Jos Airport Erects First Security Watch Tower In Nigerian Airports by martyns303(m): 11:41am On Sep 08, 2013
CTU? Thought I was watching 24 TV series.
Re: Jos Airport Erects First Security Watch Tower In Nigerian Airports by Kairoseki77: 11:45am On Sep 08, 2013
A security watch tower!!!

Let me dance unclad in the streets and drink alomo bitters in church!

This is Nigeria, the GIANT of Africa and we have a W.A.T.C.H.T.O.W.E.R. at an airport!!! This is miraculous and incredible! A Sunday miracle! Sign posts at "strategic" locations and 5.4 meter tents?!!? It's too much o!

170 million people, top ten oil producer in the world, 2013 (50 years after man landed on the moon), and we finally have a watchtower. THANK YOU JESUS! Hallelujah.

PDP is winning! These are the dividends of democracy! In another 14 years maybe we will have TWO watchtowers.

You must be drunk on this if you even clicked on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Jos Airport Erects First Security Watch Tower In Nigerian Airports by ichidodo: 12:15pm On Sep 08, 2013
GEJ is working,Fresh air.
Re: Jos Airport Erects First Security Watch Tower In Nigerian Airports by Kairoseki77: 12:29pm On Sep 08, 2013
^^^^^^^

I can smell it!
Re: Jos Airport Erects First Security Watch Tower In Nigerian Airports by Pdizzle(m): 12:29pm On Sep 08, 2013
agbameta: Den erect fence, what a wonderful achievement....lawd have mercy....lmao

dahz nija for u
Re: Jos Airport Erects First Security Watch Tower In Nigerian Airports by hollypagan: 12:43pm On Sep 08, 2013
who cares, nigeria airports are like bus stations
Re: Jos Airport Erects First Security Watch Tower In Nigerian Airports by Ademab(m): 1:01pm On Sep 08, 2013
Is it that same jos airport that boast of an uncompleted building as its waiting and departure lounge... Maybe another one sha
Re: Jos Airport Erects First Security Watch Tower In Nigerian Airports by dgitrader(m): 1:15pm On Sep 08, 2013
stuuuuuupid News report. fruits of quota system and federal character!
shameful ovation. next to be celebrated would be ''sniffer dogs''

reminds of those days on NTA News where u see ibb commissioning a handpumped rural borehole!

1 Like

Re: Jos Airport Erects First Security Watch Tower In Nigerian Airports by sage2(m): 1:17pm On Sep 08, 2013
Any pishure to support this claim?
Re: Jos Airport Erects First Security Watch Tower In Nigerian Airports by soundtruth(m): 1:18pm On Sep 08, 2013
Excellence in mediocrity

1 Like

Re: Jos Airport Erects First Security Watch Tower In Nigerian Airports by Nehemiah459(m): 2:21pm On Sep 08, 2013
Ademab: Is it that same jos airport that boast of an uncompleted building as its waiting and departure lounge... Maybe another one sha
I wonder oh... The one that has only one airline operating there... Or has it increased?
Re: Jos Airport Erects First Security Watch Tower In Nigerian Airports by eaglechild: 3:38pm On Sep 08, 2013
See all the Fani Kayode missed opportunities being corrected by a pragmatic lady.
Re: Jos Airport Erects First Security Watch Tower In Nigerian Airports by muktarl: 5:06pm On Sep 08, 2013
my north is setting the pace
Re: Jos Airport Erects First Security Watch Tower In Nigerian Airports by agbameta: 5:11pm On Sep 08, 2013
telexfree1:

Why did you wait for 50 years before you finally got off your a.s.s to take a proactive step ?

Dumbest question ever..
Re: Jos Airport Erects First Security Watch Tower In Nigerian Airports by confusion247(m): 8:54pm On Sep 08, 2013
agbameta:

The moment tribalism and bigotry is removed from your blood, your life will be better. I am sure tribalism and bigotry have made you to know that a certain man spend $16 billion and generated darkness. That man is a hero in a particular tribe. As Dullards think alike so also do bigots.
Re: Jos Airport Erects First Security Watch Tower In Nigerian Airports by confusion247(m): 8:56pm On Sep 08, 2013
agbameta:

Dumbest question ever..
For the biggest bigot ever
Re: Jos Airport Erects First Security Watch Tower In Nigerian Airports by confusion247(m): 9:00pm On Sep 08, 2013
dgitrader: stuuuuuupid News report. fruits of quota system and federal character!
shameful ovation. next to be celebrated would be ''sniffer dogs''

reminds of those days on NTA News where u see ibb commissioning a handpumped rural borehole!
What do you expect from a country founded on deceit?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Rejects Metuh's Bid To Stop Trial / FG, Niger Republic To Partner On Rail Construction – Amaechi / This Criminal Never Go To Work For One Day But He Is A Billionaire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.