Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,981 members, 7,799,348 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

My Poultry Farm - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Poultry Farm (38446 Views)

The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) / My Poultry Farm - Part 2 / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Poultry Farm by FarmTech(m): 11:50am On May 24, 2015
Layers.
Re: My Poultry Farm by vsonic77: 9:33am On May 26, 2015
hello right now my birds just started laying so the eggs are still very small so we sell for #350 for the poulte size hope to increase very soon in the coming week.
pls any body know of a go nutritionist to formulate feed for my birds and fish, thanks

1 Like

Re: My Poultry Farm by atuagbo: 8:31pm On May 31, 2015
@FarmTech, pls where can I buy POL? Am a beginner in poultry farm in Lagos. Thanks in anticipation to my request.
Re: My Poultry Farm by folteminvestment: 10:15am On Jun 02, 2015
atuagbo:
@FarmTech, pls where can I buy POL? Am a beginner in poultry farm in Lagos.
Thanks in anticipation to my request.

i have POL available in my farm.

Contact FOLTEM INVESTMENT: 08051402315, 08186838575
whatsapp: 08051402315
Re: My Poultry Farm by atuagbo: 12:38pm On Jun 02, 2015
folteminvestment:

i have POL available in my farm.
Contact FOLTEM INVESTMENT: 08051402315, 08186838575 whatsapp: 08051402315
Thks! Booked with Animal care already and to be ready first week of August.
Re: My Poultry Farm by femit34(m): 1:58pm On Jun 02, 2015
are u providing for heat?
Re: My Poultry Farm by tp2philike(m): 4:18pm On Jun 05, 2015
semi automated Battery Cage,hot dip galvanized to house 120 birds with 25yr warranty call Farmergiant on 08033527656,08185756076 to place your order.
Re: My Poultry Farm by AreaFada2: 6:13am On Jul 20, 2015
@Farmtech,

We lost tens of day old turkeys overnight. Imported breed. The first night with us. What could have gone wrong? The poultry is well-constructed. Heating well-provided. A staff of the company supplying the animals came to inspect the contruction and reccommendations were complied with. Entry of lizards & flies all guarded against. Hundreds of day old chicks/poulet under same condition nearby have been doing well. The turkeys were meant for a trial before investing bigger. Sadly we didn't do a lab test.
Re: My Poultry Farm by davies427: 6:48am On Jul 20, 2015
Good day, i need help. My birds of 42weeks drop from 85% to 49%. We mill our pwn feed on the farm, we give regular lacosta, we just dewormed. N we tor they will go back up. But it been alternating btw 54 to 57 crates a day for d last week. Dont knw wat to do. We r suspecting crd. Cos we r seeing traces of it. D last mortality yesterday. We did post mortem n we shall eggs in them. We also give dem vitamins for 3 to 5 days every week n give water for the rest of week. Eggs size r big we just dont knw y it has nt gone back to normal production. We ave 3495 birds on the farm. Any suggestion will be appreciated greatly.
Re: My Poultry Farm by davies427: 7:20am On Jul 20, 2015
Soorry they alternate btw 54 to 57 crates
Re: My Poultry Farm by FarmTech(m): 8:35pm On Sep 26, 2015
1 eggs appeared yesterday, at 20wks and 3 days old. 2 eggs appeared today. Hoping in God.
Re: My Poultry Farm by RichYoungRuler(m): 9:20pm On Sep 26, 2015
FarmTech:
1 eggs appeared yesterday, at 20wks and 3 days old. 2 eggs appeared today. Hoping in God.
Congrats. Wish U the best.
Re: My Poultry Farm by tabontabon: 9:24am On Sep 27, 2015
What Type Of Nest Box Are You Using?Can You Upload The Pix Of The Nestbox? Do You Have Roost(perch) In Your Pen?
FarmTech:
Re: My Poultry Farm by FarmTech(m): 1:01pm On Sep 27, 2015
tabontabon:
What Type Of Nest Box Are You Using?Can You Upload The Pix Of The Nestbox? Do You Have Roost(perch) In Your Pen?
Thanks @richyoung. @ Tabon, i have perches and the nest box i use are the simple type - a box on the floor made of wood and divided into section. I'll upload pictures later, can't do it with phone bc of mb.
Re: My Poultry Farm by tabontabon: 5:08pm On Sep 27, 2015
How Do You Manage Your Litter? What Is The Dimension Of Your Pen In 'Feet' And How Many Birds Does It Contain? Thanks In Advance
FarmTech:

Thanks @richyoung. @ Tabon, i have perches and the nest box i use are the simple type - a box on the floor made of wood and divided into section. I'll upload pictures later, can't do it with phone bc of mb.
Re: My Poultry Farm by FarmTech(m): 10:40pm On Sep 27, 2015
tabontabon:
How Do You Manage Your Litter? What Is The Dimension Of Your Pen In 'Feet' And How Many Birds Does It Contain? Thanks In Advance
I once tried deep litter but it didn't wk out probably due to poor ventilatn or the fact that I don't build it up with fresh litter. About 15.7 by 53ft containing 558 birds (minus 17 males).
Re: My Poultry Farm by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 26, 2015
Re: My Poultry Farm by tataiwo09(m): 11:30pm On Oct 26, 2015
I bought like 50 broilers today, dey are up to a month(4weeks)...can I start giving dem finisher or continue starter?

Waiting for urgent response
Re: My Poultry Farm by FarmTech(m): 8:34pm On Dec 30, 2015
It’s been a long time. Here is a summary update:

Mortality so far: 7.1% out of 607 birds. Most were due to diseases, but some were avoidable accidents.

Birds Left: 564

Eggs per day: 16 crates and 15 eggs recently. This is 87.8% laying, though they once reached 89%. Egg production wasn’t constant due to unreliable lighting (not much) and disease signal. Whenever we notice the slightest sign of disease, we give complete dose of a broad spectrum antibiotics (tylodox, conflox, terramyccin etc).

Lasota vaccination: Every 4-6 weeks.

Feed cost from 1-20th week: N113,400 for starter and N267,750 for growers.

Drug cost from 1-20th week: N22,500

Vaccination and Debeaking cost from 1-20th week: N66,774

Vitamin cost from 1-20th week: N13,410

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Poultry Farm by Moisef(f): 12:04pm On Jan 06, 2016
FarmTech:
It’s been a long time. Here is a summary update:

Mortality so far: 7.1% out of 607 birds. Most were due to diseases, but some were avoidable accidents.

Birds Left: 564

Eggs per day: 16 crates and 15 eggs recently. This is 87.8% laying, though they once reached 89%. Egg production wasn’t constant due to unreliable lighting (not much) and disease signal. Whenever we notice the slightest sign of disease, we give complete dose of a broad spectrum antibiotics (tylodox, conflox, terramyccin etc).

Lasota vaccination: Every 4-6 weeks.

Feed cost from 1-20th week: N113,400 for starter and N267,750 for growers.

Drug cost from 1-20th week: N22,500

Vaccination and Debeaking cost from 1-20th week: N66,774

Vitamin cost from 1-20th week: N13,410
Goodday, Oga Farm Tech pls am about starting with 600POL laying birds where can i get healthy birds to lay eggs for me and how much do u think i should budget... I have abt 1/2 plot of Land and adequate power supply... Pls kindly give full details and God bless you sir
Re: My Poultry Farm by hero2000: 2:56pm On Jan 06, 2016
Moisef:
Goodday, Oga Farm Tech pls am about starting with 600POL laying birds where can i get healthy birds to lay eggs for me and how much do u think i should budget... I have abt 1/2 plot of Land and adequate power supply... Pls kindly give full details and God bless you sir

You want to raise 600 layers. You have land but you have not talked the housing. Is it deep litter or battery cage? If you want battery cages you can get very good ones from Farmergiant Nig. Ltd. 08098434376. After you have the housing decided, most of your expenses will go into feeding. Clean water +Good feed+good hygiene and drug admin will produce good laying birds.
Re: My Poultry Farm by Moisef(f): 5:35pm On Jan 06, 2016
hero2000:

You want to raise 600 layers. You have land but you have not talked the housing. Is it deep litter or battery cage? If you want battery cages you can get very good ones from Farmergiant Nig. Ltd. 08098434376. After you have the housing decided, most of your expenses will go into feeding. Clean water +Good feed+good hygiene and drug admin will produce good laying birds.
yes I also want details on the housing that's where I want to start from pls what type of cage is d one below? Also is there a water tray in it I can only see the one for feeding... I want to start building the shed house I Dunno how it would be designed to house the cages... Thanks in advance

Re: My Poultry Farm by Dasini: 1:28pm On Jan 07, 2016
davidzfarm18:

Sure you are feeding the birds too much and they may develop fats. on a daily basis, egg laying birds should consume an average of .125 grams.

I totally agree with davidfarm, my birds are in their 9th week, and is half of farmtech's farm. I can say have had a smooth running of the farm with absolutely low mortality rate. I must say everything farmtech did was same step I took. Regular medication and timely vaccinations as wel as good hygiene. But I can boldly say cost wise I feel have done better. I feel farmtech is probably overfeeding the birds, and invariably running on high cost. my 250(layers) birds rely on commercial feeds and they consume about 50kg(2 bags) in a week(7days), making it 7.1kg daily and abt 900 daily. Am sturned to hear this, I feel that is on the high side, and would hinder you from maximising profit. Or possibly there are errors in your calculations. 66.6kg a day, that is way too high my brother for 500 birds, no disrespct try re-analyse your expenses on feeding.
Re: My Poultry Farm by hero2000: 4:05pm On Jan 11, 2016
Moisef:
yes I also want details on the housing that's where I want to start from pls what type of cage is d one below? Also is there a water tray in it I can only see the one for feeding... I want to start building the shed house I Dunno how it would be designed to house the cages... Thanks in advance

The pix you posted shows layer battery cages and the birds drink water from the niipple. It automatically drips little amount of water whenever the birds peck it.
You build pens(long shed with low walls) to house the cages. Hope it was helpful.
Re: My Poultry Farm by Moisef(f): 8:22pm On Jan 11, 2016
hero2000:

The pix you posted shows layer battery cages and the birds drink water from the niipple. It automatically drips little amount of water whenever the birds peck it.
You build pens(long shed with low walls) to house the cages. Hope it was helpful.
Thank you... I made some research about the business aspect of it... It seems profitable only that the feed takes the largest chunk of the income plsss I really want to do this am just wondering how the poultry farmers make their reasonable profits. Am investing my all in this... Pls explain Cc.. Farmtech, Jamp, hero2000, davidzfarm18 Thanks in advance
Re: My Poultry Farm by seawardfarms: 4:22am On Feb 04, 2016
Sorry sad[color=#006600][/color]
Re: My Poultry Farm by itse182327: 2:14pm On Sep 09, 2016
nice work.
Re: My Poultry Farm by Firstkings: 1:06pm On Sep 15, 2016
I am here to introduce our company Kings Feeds and our range of quality poultry feeds

Kings Feeds is committed to the provision of good quality animal feeds; we develop products to ensure animals are able to make use of the feed in a healthy and efficient way, Our Products are carefully formulated to ensure best performance and are balanced with vitamin and mineral premix to help chicks attain their best possible potential without any growth hormones.

All our feeds are balanced in energy, amino acid profile of Lysine, Methionine, and Cystine. (These amino acids are needed to support the growth of structural bones, ligaments, and muscles), Vitamins, major and trace minerals.
OUR BROILER FEEDS-Broilers have special requirements different from other poultry in terms feed components such as energy, protein and minerals during different stages of their growth cycle. Therefore we have formulated our Broilers rations with high protein requirement for the development of muscles and feathers. After 4 weeks of age broilers needs higher energy for the deposit of fat. This explains the higher energy content in our Grower and Finisher ration.
OUR CHICKS FEEDS-Our chicks mash are formulated to be fed as the sole ration to growing birds no other grains or supplements are required. At 8 weeks, chicks can be started on Grower Mash. Provide clean, fresh water at all times. Chicks of this age require adequate floor space and draft free, heated areas for efficient, healthy growth.

We are located at Km 14 Ibadan /Ijebu-Ode Road by Catfish Market Ibadan Oyo state
Our distributors are available in all major livestock Market around Ibadan

More Distributors are needed all over Nigeria.
Our contact Info

For Distributorship and other Inquiries please call the company directly

First Kings Nig Ltd
Klm 14Ibadan /Ijebu-Ode Road by Catfish Market Ibadan Oyo state
Tel: 07055681368,
Email:firstkingsltd@gmail.com

Ibadan call Victor on 08090670123 or 08028042144

Re: My Poultry Farm by papilo90(m): 1:52pm On Sep 15, 2016
vsonic77:
hello right now my birds just started laying so the eggs are still very small so we sell for #350 for the poulte size hope to increase very soon in the coming week.
pls any body know of a go nutritionist to formulate feed for my birds and fish, thanks
Re: My Poultry Farm by papilo90(m): 1:57pm On Sep 15, 2016
tataiwo09:
I bought like 50 broilers today, dey are up to a month(4weeks)...can I start giving dem finisher or continue starter?

Waiting for urgent response
Re: My Poultry Farm by GreenAcres(m): 6:39pm On Jan 07, 2017
Firstkings:
I am here to introduce our company Kings Feeds and our range of quality poultry feeds

Kings Feeds is committed to the provision of good quality animal feeds; we develop products to ensure animals are able to make use of the feed in a healthy and efficient way, Our Products are carefully formulated to ensure best performance and are balanced with vitamin and mineral premix to help chicks attain their best possible potential without any growth hormones.

All our feeds are balanced in energy, amino acid profile of Lysine, Methionine, and Cystine. (These amino acids are needed to support the growth of structural bones, ligaments, and muscles), Vitamins, major and trace minerals.
OUR BROILER FEEDS-Broilers have special requirements different from other poultry in terms feed components such as energy, protein and minerals during different stages of their growth cycle. Therefore we have formulated our Broilers rations with high protein requirement for the development of muscles and feathers. After 4 weeks of age broilers needs higher energy for the deposit of fat. This explains the higher energy content in our Grower and Finisher ration.
OUR CHICKS FEEDS-Our chicks mash are formulated to be fed as the sole ration to growing birds no other grains or supplements are required. At 8 weeks, chicks can be started on Grower Mash. Provide clean, fresh water at all times. Chicks of this age require adequate floor space and draft free, heated areas for efficient, healthy growth.

We are located at Km 14 Ibadan /Ijebu-Ode Road by Catfish Market Ibadan Oyo state
Our distributors are available in all major livestock Market around Ibadan

More Distributors are needed all over Nigeria.
Our contact Info

For Distributorship and other Inquiries please call the company directly

First Kings Nig Ltd
Klm 14Ibadan /Ijebu-Ode Road by Catfish Market Ibadan Oyo state
Tel: 07055681368,
Email:firstkingsltd@gmail.com

Ibadan call Victor on 08090670123 or 08028042144

First Kings Crew, kindly check your email and respond to enquiry sent over a month ago.
Re: My Poultry Farm by Charles101231: 3:33pm On Mar 08, 2017
GreenAcres:
First Kings Crew, kindly check your email and respond to enquiry sent over a month ago.
GreenAcres:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Black Snake I Just Killed This Night While Searching For My He Goat / How To Do Fresh Pepper Farming? / Wonders Of Nature In My Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.