Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,406 members, 7,800,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members (23394 Views)

#Dasukigate: Church Members Boo Falae - PerSecondNews / Photos: Ibikunle Amosun Sworn-in For 2nd Term As Governor Of Ogun / INEC Declares Apc’s Amosun Winner Of Ogun Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by jude33084(m): 10:52pm On Sep 08, 2013
Tandem: Nothing will happen because Ofcourse oyedepo can do no wrong.
Here are the expected defence lines:
1 oyedepo wasn't aware of d incident
2 oyedepo is human and has every right to be angry, even Jesus was once angry about dubious traders
3.the people of ogun state tax men want to exploit and bring down oyedepo, is he the only pastor in d area
4.churches are exempted from paying tax, so y should oyedepo not be angry with people trying to exploit him
5.he who has paid his tax should cast the first stone.
6 touch not my annoited and do them no harm, d church members have d right to protect and beat up any body that pose a threat to their pastor.
7.finally, hell fire go full.

Plz make your fact clear and don't be bias. They were not there to tax the church rather to make sure there is a building development plan.

Schools inside church should not be taken as part of the Church. Any Educational institution under the Nigerian law is taxable. Or don't they collect school fees? undecided

Whether he was there when the fight took place is not what I can say because that report might be one sided but please Let's know when to use "touch not my annoited and do them no harm". angry

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by jude33084(m): 10:56pm On Sep 08, 2013
Abmarshalo: The tax officers from Ogun state govt, wanted bribe from the church which is against the law of the church. We all know the attitude of Tax officers in Niegria, looking for bribe to encourage tax evasion by companies.My Bishop Oyedepo dosent collect bribe and dosent give bribe. So I am in support of the bullying of those urchins.

Finally someone was there when it happens smiley

Please tell NL what tranpired between the revenue collectors or tax enforcers and Winner's members smiley
Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by Lamasta(m): 11:05pm On Sep 08, 2013
Now I believe that its sign of END TIME........
Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by haibe(m): 7:24am On Sep 09, 2013
234GT:

Religious bodies must start paying taxes.

Its a non-profit making organization, its not done anywhere in the world.
Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by haibe(m): 7:27am On Sep 09, 2013
HNosegbe:
The schools run by Winners' Chapel have been set up with profit-making as an objective. ALL such businesses should be assessed and levied their due taxes.

All schools pay taxes, they do not just collect from the church itself
Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by Shine1177: 11:26am On Sep 09, 2013
haibe:

I'm a Christian and i want to tell you that churches pay tax in developed nation. Google it friend!

I heard that Bishop met with OBJ last night on this issue. God help us.
Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by Shine1177: 11:27am On Sep 09, 2013
Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by ConradAma: 11:34am On Sep 09, 2013
m.k.o2005:
The mods like the negatives concerning Christianity and the church ! 'Christians' be careful ! One sided story always ! When the church or the school will speak if they care,we won't see it on the front page !
''He said unprintable things'' E get word wey them no fit print for this world ?

God help us
Is this the only part of the story you understood? We should try to be fair in our judgement!

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by viktuur(m): 12:04pm On Sep 09, 2013
How to you Tax Business, is it by inspecting the building?? You simply check their accounts, and tax their profit.
But no one not even a pastor should fight,. I think there are underlying things here.
tax people can visit but should they come with News men? Imagine police coming to your house to invite you to their station for questioning and they brought Channels news.
How many banks or businesses do they serve carrying OGTV news men with them.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by christiscomin: 12:37pm On Sep 09, 2013
i am not a member of his congregation btu this man keeps bring shame to christainiyt.. only him was arrested for interrogation of transfering uk donations to Nigeria acct, only him will insult the government officials. this is uncalled for.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by write2obi(m): 12:50pm On Sep 09, 2013
seanet02: If this is true, then Oyedepo is a mad man, a serial ediot and a monumental m0ron.
if anybody quote me and utter any rubbish, na sango go hammer the person.
Nkita ara
Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm, says the Lord.
Sign
EndTime warrior
Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by write2obi(m): 1:00pm On Sep 09, 2013
stagger:

Go and read John 2 starting from verse 14 and move down. Jesus actuallyu took the pains to go out, arranged Himself a very nice koboko and used it to good effect. You never see anything!
That's true, if Jesus him self can loss his temper, talk-less of we mortals.
Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by Pattey(m): 3:07pm On Sep 09, 2013
ifeness:

Oyedepo is the winner not you. you pay the money,he spends the money!

GBAM!!! Na the idodo oro be that grin
Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by Pattey(m): 3:11pm On Sep 09, 2013
helpee: on the contrary why are always quick to condemn anything xtian despite the fact that u called urself pastor KUN? Something is foundationally wrong with the kind of xtianity you and frosbel practise. For ur information, u don't know pastors as much as I do. I know a pastor that usually bring women for HIV test in my clinic before sleeping with them. I know a pastor that brought a 15yr old to my clinic for scan and afterwards started begging me for abortion and I refused to do it. I know a pastor that told me he would do a charm for me so that I can attract patient to my hospital. I know their secret cos of the nature of my work. Pastors will not lie to doctors...my conclusion is that no man of God is an angel. They are first of all human before they are pastors. And the meaning is that even you pastor KUN wil likely do what u condemn others of if given the chance. Critics are the worst performers. I won't be surprised to find out u are probably condeming oyedepo while you are sleeping with a prostitute in a hotel...cos u are first of all human. Despite my exposure to pastors secret, I don't generalise. I don't assume that if pastor A is doing it then pastor B is guilty. You are human, oyedepo is human and paul the apostle is human. That's why paul the apostle talked about his weakness that God refused to remove. The weakness will not disappear because u are annointed and the annoiting won't diappear cos of ur weakness. So pastor KUN...if u want to do something BIG in life, u can't afford to be a pathological critic. It is an exclusive reserve of people that have failed!!! Now u can throw ur usual insult at me. But be sure I won't reply!!!

Oga/Madam, please let me summarise somtin for U, the moment a man is called of God, the grace of God elevates him above the rest of us, which is why he is adjudged to have better access to intercede at the throne of mercy.

If we are all operating @d same frequency, what then would be the usefulness of some so-called Men of God?

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by Pattey(m): 3:18pm On Sep 09, 2013
jackbauersballs: It's so glaring that some elements of the Ogun State government are attempting to witchhunt and stir up trouble for this great man.

What is a TV Crew doing at the site of a Tax Assessment if not trying to portray Bishop Oyedepo and his organization in a bad light? undecided

Very simple. The TV crew was needed to document the assault they envisaged since it had happened before, and the church didn't disappoint again; as expected. Well, except they of course wiped off the evidence grin

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by write2obi(m): 8:16pm On Sep 09, 2013
#Goodluck Ebele Jonathan for 2015
Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by Pattey(m): 10:47am On Sep 10, 2013
haibe:

Excuse you? What of UK? Or have you forgotten Mattew Ashimolowo's story wit the Tax men and his church?
Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 17, 2013
ifeness:

ignorant people pay tithes

we help god

Well it's dia money, they can tithe it, give it to the motherless, carry give ashawo, even they can take am play baba IJEBU, na their money.
Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by Jakumo(m): 9:08pm On Sep 17, 2013
As long as the church-invading tax collectors are given HOLY SLAPS, HOLY KICKS and HOLY PUNCHES, the beating is legitimate and ordained by God.

How dare those tax collectors demand income tax from Pastor Oyeah of the private jet fame ? If Pastor Oyeah is made to pay taxes like a mere mortal, then how in the phuck is he going to be able to afford the maintenance and airport parking bill of his Gulfstream 4 luxury jet ?

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by 9jatriot(m): 9:30pm On Jan 21, 2015
Obj save Oyedepo
*Oyedepo in trouble with Obasanjo over
support of incumbent President *How
RCCG leader advised Jonathan, not to
run for a second term.

After last week Thursday's Abuja meeting
with President Goodluck Jonathan with
some Pentecostal pastors including Bishops
David Oyedepo of Winners Chapel and Felix
Omobude, the PFN president, PDP political
strategists are unconvinced how much the
pastors can truly deliver on their promises to help the president.
It would be recalled that at the secret meeting
in Abuja, President Jonathan confessed,
"Osinbajo is my problem." According to those at
the meeting, the President added, "everything
was okay until APC picked Osinbajo."
It is believed that this conclusion was reached
by the President after extensive discussions
with his political advisers and strategists on the
APC's choice of the law professor - pastor of the
RCCG as General Muhamadu Buhari's running
mate.
A source at the meeting said while offers of oil
blocks are being made to some of the top
pastors at the meeting, PDP strategists are
warning the president that General Muhamadu
Buhari's running mate, Pastor Yemi Osinbajo is
not just a senior pastor trained by the General
Overseer of the RCCG, Pastor E.A. Adeboye, but
a beloved spiritual son of the highly respected
religious leader.
The concern of the PDP strategists is that their
promises to support Jonathan's second term
ambition may not after all hold much water.
Said another source, "Adeboye values loyalty
and Osinbajo is widely known to be very loyal
to the General Overseer of the RCCG."
President Jonathan's political strategists are
believed to be looking for means to break that
bond, but the General Overseer has simply
refused to allow himself to be so politically
encumbered.
A source said, for instance, that Adeboye did
not attend the meeting last Thursday as he has
said he would be apolitical since there are
members of the church in both APC and PDP.
But PDP strategists say coming from the same
Pastor who publicly blessed Jonathan before
the 2011 election, that was a sign things have
changed.
Perhaps not sure of the kind of reception,
Jonathan himself had last month stayed away
from the December 2014 Holy Ghost Congress,
the same event in 2010 where "Daddy G.O" , as
he is fondly called by RCCG members, had
publicly blessed him. Only a minister from his
government, Dr. Tammy Wenike Danagogo,
Sports Minister was in attendance and being an
RCCG member, the minister was not introduced
as representing Jonathan at the event.
One of the very close pastors to the RCCG
leader said Jonathan's absence from that event
" was a mistake on the president's part."
Some PDP members also point to the public
appearance of Pastor Adeboye with General
Buhari at the New Year thanksgiving service of
Lagos State as proof that Adeboye will not
abandon his spiritual children whenever they
need him. The PDP strategists are also
reminding President Jonathan that Adeboye
okayed it that Osinbajo should accept the offer
of a running mate from General Buhari even
before it was eventually decided and
announced by General Buhari.
An RCCG inside source said "Pastor Adeboye is
known to have helped some of his pastors and
spiritual sons even when they err and fall into
troubles, why then do you think, he will not do
everything to help his loyal pastor who is being
promoted in answer to his prayers."
The source said in training many of his pastors
several years back, Pastor Adeboye had always
given them his word that he would personally
be there for them in their hour of need, a
promise he has endured to fulfill even under very challenging circumstances.
There is therefore an acute confusion among
PDP Campaign leaders, and the president's
advisers on the effectiveness of the secret
meeting held last week with the pastors,
especially after SAHARAREPORTERS broke the
story, and exposing the division among the
pastors who attended.
Now, President Jonathan is being advised to do
more, possibly to reach out directly to the
General Overseer for a more public outing with
him as the elections draw near. For instance,
they cited the impact of Pastor Adeboye's
presence a the President's adopted daughter's
wedding ceremony earlier this January 2015 in
Abuja. It is believed that after his public
appearance with General Buhari earlier in
January at the annual thanksgiving service,
Adeboye's visit to the wedding in the
president's family restored some hope of his
"neutrality."
However inside sources at the RCCG say Pastor
Adeboye is not very particularly enamoured of
President Jonathan because as the source
disclosed "the president has not been as
obedient to Pastor Adeboye as one would
expect."
For instance, the source said Adeboye had
asked Jonathan, not to run for a second term,
and instead choose to support someone else,
but Jonathan said ok, but still went ahead to
run. This happened even before Osinbajo's
name was mentioned as a serious potential
running mate.
Others say Adeboye's close relationship with
Obasanjo, is another reason he could not
possibly support the president the way he did in
On the other hand, there are those on the APC
side who think that Pastor Adeboye should do
more, now that a very senior pastor he
personally loves and counsels is on the
presidential ticket, a first in the history of RCCG,
the fastest growing church in Africa.
APC members also discount Pastor Adeboye's
attendance at the recent Jonathan 's daughter's
wedding in Abuja, saying even former President
Olusegun Obasanjo was there.
Meanwhile, Bishop David Oyedepo may have
run into trouble with former President Olusegun
Obasanjo over his role in the secret meeting
with other PFN pastors in Abuja last week.
A source revealed after the news of the
meeting became public knowledge that it was
Obasanjo who had saved Oyedepo's neck when
he ran foul of the law in Ogun State and the
APC Governor Ibikunle Amosun's government
was perfecting his arrest and prosecution.
Bishop Oyedepo's aides had assaulted some
state government staff who were on visitation
to one of the schools owned by the Bishop for
assessment. It was alleged that it was Oyedepo
who ordered the assault on the officials,
provoking the government to threaten legal and
criminal charges against him.
In the circumstances, Oyedepo reportedly ran
to Obasanjo, who then asked him to come over
right away to his residence, where the former
president also invited Governor Amosun to
amicably resolve the matter.

A source said Obasanjo may have been
disappointed that despite Oyedepo's personal
knowledge of his disavowal of Jonathan, the
Bishop was still working hard to support his second term ambition.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peter Nwaobosi Owns Guinea House in Apapa, In Lagos - SR / Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court / Anxiety Over Early Results: Wada, Audu In Tight Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.