Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 (101356 Views)

CHAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (2 - 0) On 17th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - AFCON 2013 Final (1 - 0) - On 10th February 2013 / AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by flyingdutchman(m): 7:27pm On Sep 09, 2013
All of ona for this forum don mad before! grin grin grin na my Bance ona dey finish? You had better not make the guy cry- imagine the sight!
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by Austeenxx: 7:28pm On Sep 09, 2013
I love my kisses down low!
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by starrybaba(m): 7:38pm On Sep 09, 2013
pls can we predict matches here?
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by RayMcBlue(m): 7:43pm On Sep 09, 2013
honeric01:

LOLZ, SO WHAT'S YOUR ARGUMENT? you see yourself? grin grin

What is this

You really do lack comprehension skills, mate.

Okay, lemme try again...

A national team manager for private reasons of his own may decide to take only home based players to a major tourney.

Now, would you say that because the content of the squad is not made up of foreign based players that it's not the main national team?

Nope!

The content is irrelevant, cuz primarily they are representing the country at the senior level, which is the highest level.

FIFA, thus doesn't recognise the content of a national team so far as it's the national team. You can choose to field under 17 boys as your national team, and FIFA wouldn't bat an eye.

Why? You may asked.

Simply because it's irrelevant.

When they get humiliated eventually in the major tourney, news agencies will still report it as "Black stars got spanked" irrespective of the 100% home-based or under 17 boys that made up the team.

I really hope for your sake that you got it now.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by emmanuel4758(m): 7:53pm On Sep 09, 2013
petkoffDrake: I dnt think mikel nd moses will play, for d fear of injuries. Cos as i dey see bukinabees face, e b like people wey go sting us evry angle angry
my man na fear of boko boiz...boys ar nt smilin
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by honeric01(m): 7:57pm On Sep 09, 2013
Ray McBlue:

What is this

Okay, lemme try again...

A national team manager for private reasons of his own may decide to take only home based players to a major tourney.

Now, would you say that because the content of the squad is not made up of foreign based players that it's not the main national team?

Nope!

The content is irrelevant, cuz primarily they are representing the country at the senior level, which is the highest level.

FIFA, thus doesn't recognise the content of a national team so far as it's the national team. You can choose to field under 17 boys as your national team, and FIFA wouldn't bat an eye.

Why? You may asked.

When they get humiliated eventually in the major tourney, news agencies will still report it as "Black stars got spanked" irrespective of the 100% home-based or under 17 boys that made up the team.

LOL, i can only laugh at you... the HBSE is not recognize by FIFA the football authority and they are never put into consideration when the issue of the national team comes up. CAF created this HBNT to help the local base players play continental competitive games since they are never given room in the main national team. so how can you include games played by these players with that of the main national team?

Why do i even bother explaining? grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by Steezz(m): 7:59pm On Sep 09, 2013
honeric01:

LOL, i can only laugh at you... the HBSE is not recognize by FIFA the football authority and they are never put into consideration when the issue of the national team comes up. CAF created this HBNT to help the local base players play continental competitive games since they are never given room in the main national team. so how can you include games played by these players with that of the main national team?

U ar wrong. Fact! Stop fooling urslf!
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by RayMcBlue(m): 8:08pm On Sep 09, 2013
honeric01:

*Sighs resignedly*

I give up...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by Alexanda07(m): 8:17pm On Sep 09, 2013
Emmysteve: Nigeria Last Five Matches

Nigeria 2 - 0 Malawi
Nigeria 2-0 South Africa
Nigeria 0-2 Ivory Coast
Nigeria 4 - 1 Ivory Coast
Nigeria 0-3 Spain

Burkina Faso Last Five Matches

Burkina Faso 1 - 0 Gabon
Burkina Faso 0-2 South Africa
Burkina Faso 1-0 Congo
Burkina Faso 1-0 Niger
Burkina Faso 0-2 Algeria

I wonder where you got ur analysis from. In the last 5 matches, Ivory coast didnt beat us 2-0 and even. Rather it was the junior team.
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by Davo93(m): 8:18pm On Sep 09, 2013
Ray McBlue:

What is this

Okay, lemme try again...

Nope!

Why? You may asked.

But who asked for explanation naw undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by honeric01(m): 8:22pm On Sep 09, 2013
Steezz: U ar wrong. Fact! Stop fooling urslf!

Give us your own fact na, at least you're not fooling yourself, or are you? grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by Steezz(m): 8:26pm On Sep 09, 2013
honeric01:

Give us your own fact na, at least you're not fooling yourself, or are you? grin
Dude some guys av been trying 2 school u but obviously u no one hear word ***in yuzedos voice*** We give upp!!! angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by UgChris(m): 8:35pm On Sep 09, 2013
Promhize: Enough of African teams. We should face european sides.

I quite agree with you on this. We should begin that as soon as possible...
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 09, 2013
[size=8pt][size=8pt]BANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size][/size] cool cool shocked shocked shocked CANT WAIT TO SEE YOUU?
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by vokalguy(m): 8:41pm On Sep 09, 2013
Promhize: Enough of African teams. We should face european sides.

Exactly! When last did we play high profile friendlies? Why can't we meet the likes of Belgium, Italy, France, Germany or even England?!
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by honeric01(m): 8:45pm On Sep 09, 2013
Steezz: Dude some guys av been trying 2 school u but obviously u no one hear word ***in yuzedos voice*** We give upp!!! angry

Not convincing enough. our last 5 matches remains

Namibia
South Africa
Spain
Uruguay
Tahiti.

Anything different from these 5 names shouldn't be included with that of the SUPER EAGLES.
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 09, 2013
@ Honeric: The CHAN matches are also classified as official "grade A" matches by FIFA.
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by kennosklint(m): 8:54pm On Sep 09, 2013
i nor knw wetin Egypt dey find 4 Nigeria body oo.abeg make una leave us alone.abi una wan cummot early!
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by honeric01(m): 8:57pm On Sep 09, 2013
CFCfan: @ Honeric: The CHAN matches are also classified as official "grade A" matches by FIFA.

Fair enough, any reference? undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by myz(m): 9:01pm On Sep 09, 2013
Wetin Bance do una na.Bance no mind dem jor.u too fine jare.cant wait 2 snap wit u
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by ifenadi(m): 9:08pm On Sep 09, 2013
honeric01:

Let teach you in a lay man reasoning,

England played their match against Moldova with entirely home based players, will you say that it is not England senior national team?
FIFA ranking is based on performance of a national team on FIFA dates whether they are all home based or not.
If Nigeria and B.Faso decides to play a match with home based players on advise from CAF on FIFA dates, will it count on FIFA Ranking? YES
Then what is CHAN? A tournament for African countries organized by CAF for players that play professional football in Africa ONLY. It is not recognized by FIFA ie the tournament itself will not determine the performance of a country on FIFA ranking. However, if two African countries played a match(whether CHAN qualification, CHAN tournament or not) on a FIFA dates with entirely home based teams(with no age limits),it will count on FIFA ranking.

Tomorrow is a FIFA date. So our match with B.fase will count on FIFA

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by owendei(m): 9:08pm On Sep 09, 2013
ritababe: i will go and chear them up. but wait oh kaduna na north area i hope boko haram nor they there oh.
or i just better sleep for my house they watch then for tv. though i have not watch super eagle live before only tv. y dont they shift it to abuja i believe there will be safer and the stadium will be ready by now
i dnt blame u anyway. u talk lyk pple of ur class do.
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by honeric01(m): 9:22pm On Sep 09, 2013
ifenadi:

Let teach you in a lay man reasoning,

England played their match against Moldova with entirely home based players, will you say that it is not England senior national team?
FIFA ranking is based on performance of a national team on FIFA dates whether they are all home based or not.
If Nigeria and B.Faso decides to play a match with home based players on advise from CAF on FIFA dates, will it count on FIFA Ranking? YES
Then what is CHAN? A tournament for African countries organized by CAF for players that play professional football in Africa ONLY. It is not recognized by FIFA ie the tournament itself will not determine the performance of a country on FIFA ranking. However, if two African countries played a match(whether CHAN qualification, CHAN tournament or not) on a FIFA dates with entirely home based teams(with no age limits),it will count on FIFA ranking.

Tomorrow is a FIFA date. So our match with B.fase will count on FIFA

Ok, let me make my points clear, maybe i wasn't clear enough.

In Nigeria, we have the Main National team and we have the home based national team which was set up solely for the purpose of the new tournament established by CAF to help improve African football by allowing African players play eachother within the continent.

Now, this team is limited to only home based players and limited to playing "TOGETHER" within the African continent, no foreign based national team player is allowed to join. (LIMITED).

Now, the main National team consist of the best hands available be it local or foreign without limitation, they represent the country in MAJOR tournaments within and outside the continent (WORLDWIDE). kiss

There is a difference between these 2, 90% of the players in the HBNT are never seen playing for the main national team because they are not GOOD enough to represent the main national team where it matters.

Only one player from the home based national team was included in the MAIN national team that played against Malawi on saturday. grin

YES, THEY ARE BOTH REPRESENTING THE COUNTRY ON A DIFFERENT LEVEL, one for local games and the other for both local and foreign games. wink

Let me correct you, Tomorrow's friendly is an INTERNATIONAL FRIENDLY, not an home based friendly, to be represented by the main national teams of both countries. (NOT LIMITED TO THE HOME BASED PLAYERS). cool

Lastly, i never said the home base team don't represent the country, but FIFA does not rate the performance of the home based team within CHAN tournament with that of the main national team. (Correct me if i am wrong with reference). embarassed

Thanks guys. cool cool cool
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by searay(m): 9:24pm On Sep 09, 2013
Will Nairaland show the match?
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 09, 2013
I don't think the main CHAN tournament is on the FIFA calendar, so in theory, Kano Pillars could refuse to release their player(s) to the national team. But make no mistake, the matches at the CHAN main tournament will COUNT in FIFA's ranking since all participating nations are members of FIFA.
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by honeric01(m): 9:59pm On Sep 09, 2013
CFCfan: I don't think the main CHAN tournament is on the FIFA calendar, so in theory, Kano Pillars could refuse to release their player(s) to the national team. But make no mistake, the matches at the CHAN main tournament will COUNT in FIFA's ranking since all participating nations are members of FIFA.

No bro, whatever tourney that is not recognized by FIFA is not rated by FIFA. How did you arrive at the last phrase of your sentence?

The Wafu cup is also played by FIFA member nations, would that count too?
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 09, 2013
honeric01:

No bro, whatever tourney that is not recognized by FIFA is not rated by FIFA. How did you arrive at the last phrase of your sentence?

The Wafu cup is also played by FIFA member nations, would that count too?

The WAFU Cup, COSAFA Cup (for Southern and East African nations), and CHAN matches are regarded as friendly matches by FIFA; because as you said, they are not official tourneys recognised by FIFA. With their 'friendly' status, those games will still be used in computing the participants' monthly rankings.
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by Gistwitherico(m): 10:15pm On Sep 09, 2013
Is our NFA mad? Why are u carrying this game to the north? What is in this north that greedy, self centered northerners always want 9ja things to be there? Why wud u risk the lifes of nigerian supporters and players to a boko haram zone? This is crazy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Ahmed Musa Mobbed By Fans At Mosque In Abuja (Photos) / Is Chidozie Awaziem The Most Handsome Super Eagles Player? / Ana Maria Markovic Tagged "World's Sexiest Footballer" Responds To Tag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.