Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,612 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

Its Time For Christian Governor In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Its Time For Christian Governor In Lagos (1745 Views)

‘We Want Christian Governor In Lagos’ / Tinubu, Fashola, CAN Agree On Christian Governor 2015 / Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Its Time For Christian Governor In Lagos by yusods(m): 9:13am On Sep 08, 2013
LAGOS State branch of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, PFN, has hailed the last two administrations in the state since 1999 but insists that the successor of Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola who should take over the mantle of leadership in the state should be a Christian in the interest of justice and equity.
In a statement titled; ‘The Church and Governance of Lagos State’ read by the chairman of Lagos PFN, Apostle Alex Bamgbala the umbrella body of Pentecostalism in the state, said Christians have supported the two Muslim administrations in the state since 1999 and it is only fair that they give room for their Christian counterparts to be elected in 2015.
“We note with pride that many of our people of the Christian faith, who of course, form the majority of the population of Lagos State without any doubt, have supported these two great leaders (Tinubu and Fashola) with their votes, during the past state elections since 1999.
Re: Its Time For Christian Governor In Lagos by yusods(m): 9:14am On Sep 08, 2013
According to the chairman who presided over a monthly meeting of all the 12 PFN provinces in the state, it is only fair and just, that in line with God’s will, “Christians, Muslims and all others of different faiths, as stakeholders, to elect a bona fide Christian of integrity, who will take over the mantle of leadership from Gov. Fashola in 2015.”
He therefore called on all Christians in Lagos to be prepared for the great challenge ahead, stressing that they must all go out during the voters registration exercise and be prepared to vote in all the elections ahead.
As part of its corporate social responsibility, the state PFN also gave out cheques to two provinces in the state to alleviate the suffering of gospel ministers in the rural areas of the state. The beneficiary included the Epe and Ifako/Ijaiye areas of the state. SOURCE:http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/its-time-for-christian-governor-in-lagos/
Re: Its Time For Christian Governor In Lagos by ayodeji752: 9:16am On Sep 08, 2013
Nonsense! I'm a Christian but i don't care who rules. All i want is gud governance

5 Likes

Re: Its Time For Christian Governor In Lagos by hercules07: 9:19am On Sep 08, 2013
They want to bring their religious nonsense to the SW, people of low morals trying to cause division contrary to what is in their holy book.

2 Likes

Re: Its Time For Christian Governor In Lagos by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 08, 2013
Yorubas don't openly play religion politics....

This thread is DOA
Re: Its Time For Christian Governor In Lagos by eye4eye: 9:28am On Sep 08, 2013
Alex Bamgbala, let your politics of religion intolerance, hate, and division stay in Ibo land. That gutter politics is well suited in SS/SE. This is the way Jonathan has been encouraging his followers to engage in such divisive politics. I have muslim and christian relatives and friends that are equal to me.
Re: Its Time For Christian Governor In Lagos by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:32am On Sep 08, 2013
Was Michael Otedola not a Christian?

1 Like

Re: Its Time For Christian Governor In Lagos by babyblissShop: 10:00am On Sep 08, 2013
Absolute trash. What kind of leaders are these? What Nonsense? Is this what PFN has reduced itself to? Another political party?
Re: Its Time For Christian Governor In Lagos by PaulJohn1: 10:10am On Sep 08, 2013
As if the christian governors they have in their home states have done anything meaningful for the betterment of their people even with their christianity. I'm sure this chairman won't be in Lagos if his Christian governor is not clueless and underperforming.

When are these people going to start being civilized with their sentimental politics of tribe and religion?

He better move his "religion politics" to whatever village he his from. We are above that in SouthWest.

I'm in church I had to comment on this thread, I'm out for now wink
Re: Its Time For Christian Governor In Lagos by zeelo2014: 10:24am On Sep 08, 2013
eye4eye: Alex Bamgbala, let your politics of religion intolerance, hate, and division stay in Ibo land. That gutter politics is well suited in SS/SE. This is the way Jonathan has been encouraging his followers to engage in such divisive politics. I have muslim and christian relatives and friends that are equal to me.
What has Ibo got to do with this thread? See how u reason.

1 Like

Re: Its Time For Christian Governor In Lagos by kokoA(m): 10:24am On Sep 08, 2013
Make dem stop to embarrass christians abeg.. So people should vote a candidate because he/she is a christian not because he/she can perform. Smh.
Re: Its Time For Christian Governor In Lagos by kola639: 10:46am On Sep 08, 2013
SW o ni baje o. Instead of religious bodies/association to encourage credible and competent people in govt they are talking about religion. Na wa o for some people o. May God help us in Nigeria from religion sentiment AMEN
Re: Its Time For Christian Governor In Lagos by malele(m): 11:03am On Sep 08, 2013
eye4eye: Alex Bamgbala, let your politics of religion intolerance, hate, and division stay in Ibo land. That gutter politics is well suited in SS/SE. This is the way Jonathan has been encouraging his followers to engage in such divisive politics. I have muslim and christian relatives and friends that are equal to me.

Why u dey metion iGBO here. Nawah ooo

1 Like

Re: Its Time For Christian Governor In Lagos by slimfit1(m): 11:06am On Sep 08, 2013
No it's time for good governor please keep religion out of it.

1 Like

Re: Its Time For Christian Governor In Lagos by emiye(m): 11:07am On Sep 08, 2013
Alao-Akala, Oyinlola, Oni, Gbenga Daniel, Segun Agagu.

The names above had at least two things in common, they were all "Christian" governors in the SW, and they were mediocre governors.

Good governance which is paramount to Lagos state is blind to the religion of its harbinger.

1 Like

Re: Its Time For Christian Governor In Lagos by Kingspin(m): 11:14am On Sep 08, 2013
ayodeji752: Nonsense! I'm a Christian but i don't care who rules. All i want is gud governance
Yes i like that but can a non Christian do the same. We'r traped somehow in this country.. One person alone can never be sincere to this nation.

2 Likes

Re: Its Time For Christian Governor In Lagos by Kingspin(m): 11:26am On Sep 08, 2013
Stop deceiving urself you guys dnt have Christains of Yoruba extraction in the SW or are you telling us ibo man want to be Gov in Lagos state when did Nigeria become America, pls next time get your brain components right.
Re: Its Time For Christian Governor In Lagos by slimfit1(m): 11:28am On Sep 08, 2013
I hope some pastors a not the once starting this issue so that they will have more tithe money.
Re: Its Time For Christian Governor In Lagos by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 08, 2013
As a christian, Iwould rather vote for a moslem instead of a Pentecostal Christian.

3 Likes

Re: Its Time For Christian Governor In Lagos by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 08, 2013
Another silly thread.

1 Like

Re: Its Time For Christian Governor In Lagos by agriboom: 12:13pm On Sep 08, 2013
These guys no de rest? Does anyone shout its time for a Muslim governor lets say in Taraba? Mtseew

1 Like

Re: Its Time For Christian Governor In Lagos by omenka(m): 3:54pm On Sep 08, 2013
Sound so much like their boss Oritsejafor. Not a bit suprised.
Re: Its Time For Christian Governor In Lagos by Mowire: 3:56pm On Sep 08, 2013
emiye: Alao-Akala, Oyinlola, Oni, Gbenga Daniel, Segun Agagu.

The names above had at least two things in common, they were all "Christian" governors in the SW, and they were mediocre governors.
Those were not Christians: They were just name-dropping.
The call, however, is nonsense Lagos is not for such cheap sentiment. The Alex man should just mind his ministry.
Re: Its Time For Christian Governor In Lagos by Jorussia(m): 4:08pm On Sep 08, 2013
i dont see any thing wrong in what they said or want,my worry is that they should source for real christians,nt christians who are idol worshippers like obj.for those condemning their request,are u saying it must b only muslim govs.infact real christians should dominate the political circle in lagos.how can a state that boast of the largest christian congregrations in africa,b lead by muslims only,its uncalled for and dat must change come 2015.
Re: Its Time For Christian Governor In Lagos by Mobile11: 6:11pm On Sep 08, 2013
Muslims may rule lagos forever, and note that lagos is the nigerias key. Muslims dont be greedy, let xtian also rule lagos
Re: Its Time For Christian Governor In Lagos by Mobile11: 6:18pm On Sep 08, 2013
Muslims may rule lagos forever, and note that lagos is the nigerias key for equity where we have many religion. Muslims dont be greedy, let xtian also rule lagos althougk hausa wgll use we southern muslim amd dump us
Re: Its Time For Christian Governor In Lagos by Ngwakwe: 6:22pm On Sep 08, 2013
In Politics where democracy is the system of government, majority will certainly have their way while the minority will have their say.

Remember, Christians are learning from Muslims and studying their approach to religious tolerance and leadership representations. A situation like this demand from PFN needs to be approached with caution and wisdom to avoid creating atmosphere of rancour.

Religion and Politics are two inseparable entities no-matter how the intellectuals try to dissuade the society from grouping them together.
Re: Its Time For Christian Governor In Lagos by Onyejiuwaokoh: 7:40pm On Sep 08, 2013
I reason with these people, what we need is equality and equity. God is not partial, he does his good work to both moslems and christains. As there are some good moslems who can work effectively so are christains who can equally work effectively. Let them give a good christain chance to rule Lagos, it is not a sin since the moslems has been ruling for many years.
Re: Its Time For Christian Governor In Lagos by boladez(m): 7:51pm On Sep 08, 2013
These people should carry their religion based politics else where.

What has PFN done for Lagos. With the number of churches and size of congregations increasing daily, we only see more crimes and vices even in the church.

Nigerians are over religious and need good leadership only to move ahead. These PFN people should count me and my people out of their warped arrangement. I will battle them openly to face their commission and battle to restore the taste of salt they have since lost.

3 Likes

Re: Its Time For Christian Governor In Lagos by omonnakoda: 8:06pm On Sep 08, 2013
IBOS JUST CANNOT GET IT. Religion of politicians is irrelevant to Yoruba and CANNOT be used to divide us.
Stop wasting your time.

You will NOT find a Yoruba family without muslims and christians and traditionalists.
Awo was a christian and a Rosicrucian. Many Yorubas do NOT even know and more importantly do not care.

Having said that Lagos indigenes are majority muslims that is the truth.
Re: Its Time For Christian Governor In Lagos by speeder(m): 8:10pm On Sep 08, 2013
Abeg who get nokia pin charger.
Re: Its Time For Christian Governor In Lagos by omonnakoda: 8:11pm On Sep 08, 2013
I get but e done spoil

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Will APC Woo The Devil Himself??? / Ayo Fayose Campaign Quotes that Sack Fayemi From Office. / Kwankwaso Appeals To CBN Over New Bureau De Change Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.