Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,795 members, 7,806,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

Kenya To Give Visas To Genuine Nigerian Businessmen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenya To Give Visas To Genuine Nigerian Businessmen (7104 Views)

President Buhari Due In Kenya To Bolster Ties / Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warn Aides / Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warns Aides (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kenya To Give Visas To Genuine Nigerian Businessmen by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 08, 2013
Uhuru visas gift to Nigeria

Saturday, September 7, 2013 - 00:00 -- BY STAR TEAM

President Uhuru Kenyatta yesterday directed the immigration department to issues genuine Nigerian businessmen with Kenyan visas covering between 5 to 10 years.

He said proper measure are required to eliminate tariff and non-tariff barriers to trade.

Uhuru said these include visa restriction and poor infrastructure.

He said the immigration department should conclude the Draft Agreement.

Uhuru was addressing businessmen from Kenya and Nigeria at a Nairobi Hotel.

The function was hosted by the Kenya National Chamber of Commerce and Industry.

Uhuru said the goverment will break commercial barriers that have hindered the development of investment and trade among African Nations.

"There is absolutely no reason why so much of Africa should stagnate in poverty amid so much opportunity," Uhuru said.

Eearlier at State house, visiting Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan witnessed the signing of seven agreements that will boost bilateral and trade ties between Kenya and his country.

The documents signed were Memorandum of Understandings on trade and investment; oil and gas; tourism; visa exemption for diplomatic passport holders; conclusion of agreements on double taxation; agriculture, livestock and fisheries; and twinning of cities.

"We look forward to strengthening intra-Africa trade which currently stands at below 12 per cent," Uhuru said.

Uhuru and Jonathan agreed to increase trade between their two countries, promote intra-Africa trade and expand opportunities for investment.

Jonathan said cooperation between Kenya and Nigeria is critical in promoting trade.

"We believe that with Nigeria and Kenya working together we will not only help the two countries but also create a platform to leverage Africa on trade and investment," he said.

Jonathan said Kenya and Nigeria should go beyond primary production and add value to their produce.

He said the two countries should cooperate to remove infrastructural hurdles that hinder free movement of goods and services within African countries.

Nigerian billionaire businessman Aliko Dangote said he will invest more than Sh34 billion in a cement factory in Kitui county.

Source

5 Likes

Re: Kenya To Give Visas To Genuine Nigerian Businessmen by Afam4eva(m): 9:47am On Sep 08, 2013
Na waoo...So, it has gotten to this level where we beg Kenya for visa?

3 Likes

Re: Kenya To Give Visas To Genuine Nigerian Businessmen by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 08, 2013
Goodluck strengthening economic ties with other African countries.
Anyway, my hardworking brothers are already working, planning and making strategies on how to become a millionaire via genuine business. Many thanks to this News and GEJ.
No time for dulling.
TeamFreshAir!!! smiley

8 Likes

Re: Kenya To Give Visas To Genuine Nigerian Businessmen by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 08, 2013
Afam4eva: Na waoo...So, it has gotten to this level where we beg Kenya for visa?
You don't see it the way I see it.
I believe Kenyan President was glad when he did that.
As a president, you have to pave way for trade and investment to increase in your country. You also have to make broader way for more genuine businessmen to enter your country.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya To Give Visas To Genuine Nigerian Businessmen by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 08, 2013
Afam4eva: Na waoo...So, it has gotten to this level where we beg Kenya for visa?

grin Quid pro quo methinks.

After speaking out in defense of Kenyatta, you did not expect Presido to travel home empty-handed, did you?

Jonathan faults ICC on trial of Kenyatta
President Goodluck Jonathan on Friday in Nairobi lent his voice to the ongoing debate on whether President Uhuru Kenyatta of Kenya should be tried by the International Criminal Court (ICC) in the Hague.

1 Like

Re: Kenya To Give Visas To Genuine Nigerian Businessmen by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 08, 2013
eGuerrilla:

grin Quid pro quo methinks.

After speaking out in defense of Kenyatta, you did not expect Presido to travel home empty-handed, did you?

grin
Re: Kenya To Give Visas To Genuine Nigerian Businessmen by Gbawe2: 10:12am On Sep 08, 2013

No one is begging Kenya for Visa. If Nigerian businessmen see opportunities in Kenya then they should be free to pursue such to the benefit of strengthened ties between both nations. Good development in my opinion because African inter-continental trade and commerce/business linkage needs to be boosted, with proactive efforts like this, far much more than is the case currently.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya To Give Visas To Genuine Nigerian Businessmen by taharqa2: 10:39am On Sep 08, 2013

This is an unfortunately Ignorant comment, Bros @Afam....

15 Likes

Re: Kenya To Give Visas To Genuine Nigerian Businessmen by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 08, 2013
cheI Bros, how is that beggin na?
if Nigeria decides to give American citizens 5yrs to come to Nigeria, does that mean the Americans are begging Nigeria?
it only looks like begging if their economy is better than yours

1 Like

Re: Kenya To Give Visas To Genuine Nigerian Businessmen by jmoore(m): 11:33am On Sep 08, 2013
Kenya ni baje
Re: Kenya To Give Visas To Genuine Nigerian Businessmen by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 08, 2013
Wow!. shocked
Re: Kenya To Give Visas To Genuine Nigerian Businessmen by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 08, 2013
Nice, this are Africans, not some proud idiots from the south
Re: Kenya To Give Visas To Genuine Nigerian Businessmen by Merkki(f): 11:37am On Sep 08, 2013
Brain drain. They go out there to develop Kenya while Nigeria's economy is not fully developed yet. You give them 5-10years, they take forever.

I hope Kenyans will appreciate our "kind" gesture.

1 Like

Re: Kenya To Give Visas To Genuine Nigerian Businessmen by handebayor: 11:43am On Sep 08, 2013
#FreshAir
Re: Kenya To Give Visas To Genuine Nigerian Businessmen by jmaine: 11:46am On Sep 08, 2013

Na wao for you oo!!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Kenya To Give Visas To Genuine Nigerian Businessmen by Humphreydis(m): 11:48am On Sep 08, 2013
so dey do issue visa to kenya ni......very soon niger republic will comeout with thr own lifetime visa too for nigerians.....i beta remain in my village.
Re: Kenya To Give Visas To Genuine Nigerian Businessmen by unmask: 11:50am On Sep 08, 2013
Promhize: Nice, this are Africans, not some proud idiots from the south
seems you have been denied visa severally.....legitimate business will get you there hitch free
Re: Kenya To Give Visas To Genuine Nigerian Businessmen by Forzap: 11:51am On Sep 08, 2013

wetin dis one dey talk?

1 Like

Re: Kenya To Give Visas To Genuine Nigerian Businessmen by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 08, 2013
Which Kenya ??

Chai

I rather go Syria

2 Likes

Re: Kenya To Give Visas To Genuine Nigerian Businessmen by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 08, 2013
If they have constant power supply, good international online payment gateway like paypal and escrow.com, wise business men should port sharply...

No time.
Re: Kenya To Give Visas To Genuine Nigerian Businessmen by jmaine: 11:58am On Sep 08, 2013
2s£xy:
If they have constant power supply, good international online payment gateway like paypal and escrow.com, wise business men should port sharply...

No time.

In terms of E-commerce . . .kenya is miles ahead of Nigeria in that respect cool

3 Likes

Re: Kenya To Give Visas To Genuine Nigerian Businessmen by agriboom: 12:10pm On Sep 08, 2013
Nigeria my useless country angry

1 Like

Re: Kenya To Give Visas To Genuine Nigerian Businessmen by Forzap: 12:11pm On Sep 08, 2013
Humphreydis: so dey do issue visa to kenya ni......very soon niger republic will comeout with thr own lifetime visa too for nigerians.....i beta remain in my village.

dats were u belong na,village boygrin
Re: Kenya To Give Visas To Genuine Nigerian Businessmen by cachal: 12:17pm On Sep 08, 2013
So its alll about business! No wonder Aliko Dangote was spitting shyte.. Nigeria is going to build Kenya like they build Ghana.. SMH gradually Naija is becoming Super chicken of Africa..
Re: Kenya To Give Visas To Genuine Nigerian Businessmen by Jamieb(m): 12:19pm On Sep 08, 2013
Point of correction. Its a strategy by Kenya beggin us to come and invest in their country
Re: Kenya To Give Visas To Genuine Nigerian Businessmen by Kairoseki77: 12:36pm On Sep 08, 2013
maxwello.yg:
Goodluck strengthening economic ties with other African countries.
Anyway, my hardworking brothers are already working, planning and making strategies on how to become a millionaire via genuine business. Many thanks to this News and GEJ.
No time for dulling.
TeamFreshAir!!! smiley

If you go there to sell Chinese auto parts you will be deported.

Kidnapping, drug peddling, and baby making factories are not genuine businesses.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya To Give Visas To Genuine Nigerian Businessmen by sinadex: 1:02pm On Sep 08, 2013
2s£xy:

No time.
i was once there da hottness fit bleach skin but da online pay tinz
Re: Kenya To Give Visas To Genuine Nigerian Businessmen by Redman44(m): 1:11pm On Sep 08, 2013
Ordinarily, there should be no visa restrictions between African Countries. It is shocking that Nigerians need visas to go to East, South and Central African Nations. The African Union ( AU ) should wake up to modern day realities. This is Africa and Africa is Black. I should not need a visa to go to Zambia or Uganda sad sad sad sad. Africans should be free to travel, work and settle in any country on the continent as long as they won't get involved in criminal activities. My plan is to spend my vacations in other African countries though I live in Europe. Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya To Give Visas To Genuine Nigerian Businessmen by Arosam(m): 1:16pm On Sep 08, 2013

Let just say Kenya presido understand the value of genuie Naija business men, if am telling lies! ask Ghana.
All we need is an enabling enviroment which our government at home here refuses to provide.
Re: Kenya To Give Visas To Genuine Nigerian Businessmen by Youngpo413: 1:38pm On Sep 08, 2013
Kairoseki77:

If you go there to sell Chinese auto parts you will be deported.

Kidnapping, drug peddling, and baby making factories are not genuine businesses.

you are not a business man,lol.
Re: Kenya To Give Visas To Genuine Nigerian Businessmen by Kairoseki77: 1:40pm On Sep 08, 2013
Young po413:

you are not a business man,lol.

"Gimme 5 years visa."

[size=16pt]Deported![/size]
Re: Kenya To Give Visas To Genuine Nigerian Businessmen by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 08, 2013
just like canada is giving immigration visas to enterpreneurs,because of the infrastructure present in kenya(internet,power,universal payment gateways), one can start and run an online based business there.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Whoever Arrange This Can Make This Country Work (pix) / CACOVID Yet To Flag-off Its Palliatives In Osun - Relief C'ttee Secretary / Yahaya Bello's Appointment As APC National Youth Coordinator Is Deserving - BAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.