Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,380 members, 7,781,065 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:21 AM

Does Age Really Matter?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Age Really Matter?? (1234 Views)

Does age really matters in marriage? / Is Age Really Relevant? / Does Age Affect Happiness In Marriage (Matrimonial Bliss)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Age Really Matter?? by Gudday(m): 11:34am On Sep 08, 2013
I have been in a relationship for about 5yrz now, i really love my girl and enjoy every moment spent with her cos she understand and cares about me, even m0re than i could have expected. I have been thinkin that d gurl iz d best gal i have eva seen nd could ever meet. Thats why i made up my mind that i will take her to the altar but the only thing that iz givin me concern iz that she is a yr olda dan me nd i n0ticed dat it is a common tradition that a man shl b olda dan his wife xcept in rare cases. So my questn nw is: is it adviceable for me to marry her with dat her +1 yr or n0t and also i want to knw why men always prefer to be older dan their wife. Pls, I need ur advice as quick as possible coz it iz very urgent... It think the elderly, married people in the house should be very helpful. Pls, am waiting!
Re: Does Age Really Matter?? by lecturerdabo(m): 11:46am On Sep 08, 2013
Gudday: I have been in a relationship for about 5yrz now, i really love my girl and enjoy every moment spent with her cos she understand and cares about me, even m0re than i could have expected. I have been thinkin that d gurl iz d best gal i have eva seen nd could ever meet. Thats why i made up my mind that i will take her to the altar but the only thing that iz givin me concern iz that she is a yr olda dan me nd i n0ticed dat it is a common tradition that a man shl b olda dan his wife xcept in rare cases. So my questn nw is: is it adviceable for me to marry her with dat her +1 yr or n0t and also i want to knw why men always prefer to be older dan their wife. Pls, I need ur advice as quick as possible coz it iz very urgent... It think the elderly, married people in the house should be very helpful. Pls, am waiting!
If u guys ar compatible $ love each oda(mters most), den go ahead and marry, a yr diferenc is nt bad. African men prefer to marry younger wmn 2 avoid her getng olda dan thm

2 Likes

Re: Does Age Really Matter?? by lecturerdabo(m): 11:46am On Sep 08, 2013
Gudday: I have been in a relationship for about 5yrz now, i really love my girl and enjoy every moment spent with her cos she understand and cares about me, even m0re than i could have expected. I have been thinkin that d gurl iz d best gal i have eva seen nd could ever meet. Thats why i made up my mind that i will take her to the altar but the only thing that iz givin me concern iz that she is a yr olda dan me nd i n0ticed dat it is a common tradition that a man shl b olda dan his wife xcept in rare cases. So my questn nw is: is it adviceable for me to marry her with dat her +1 yr or n0t and also i want to knw why men always prefer to be older dan their wife. Pls, I need ur advice as quick as possible coz it iz very urgent... It think the elderly, married people in the house should be very helpful. Pls, am waiting!
If u guys ar compatible $ love each oda(mters most), den go ahead and marry, a yr diferenc is nt bad. African men prefer to marry younger wmn 2 avoid her getng olda dan thm

2 Likes

Re: Does Age Really Matter?? by bellong: 11:51am On Sep 08, 2013
In five years of your relationship with her, she never acted being older than you, where is your fear coming from?

Do you want to go about drumming your age difference with people? My brother, age is only in figures to apply our hearts to wisdom. If you like her and you are good with her person, let not age stop you.

You will not live with age but with the content of her character.

3 Likes

Re: Does Age Really Matter?? by OmoAlata1(f): 12:07pm On Sep 08, 2013
This is a very stupid question. After 5 yrs, you just start seeing the age difference?? Why waste her time all these yrs? You should have asked yourself that question one month into dating

3 Likes

Re: Does Age Really Matter?? by Ashabie(f): 12:09pm On Sep 08, 2013
Age diffrence has nothing to do with your marrital life,...and again you have dated her for good 5yrs til now,...some married couple divorces after 1 week...once you luv her,...why not go ahead with your marriage,...been older than you is even an advantage for you as a man, that shows you guys will treat your ups n down maturely...gud luck!

1 Like

Re: Does Age Really Matter?? by Iyfy4real: 12:16pm On Sep 08, 2013
If u both love each other,then go ahead.
Re: Does Age Really Matter?? by Ashabie(f): 12:16pm On Sep 08, 2013
Why do you sound like your name? He only need advise,he never mention ending the relationship,and again if you dnt undstnd the content of the message why not just walk away.
Omo_Alata: This is a very stupid question. After 5 yrs, you just start seeing the age difference?? Why waste her time all these yrs? You should have asked yourself that question one month into dating

1 Like

Re: Does Age Really Matter?? by OmoAlata1(f): 1:09pm On Sep 08, 2013
Ashabie: Why do you sound like your name? He only need advise,he never mention ending the relationship,and again if you dnt undstnd the content of the message why not just walk away.

We all have an opinion and I stated mine. I sound like my name cos I am my name

1 Like

Re: Does Age Really Matter?? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 08, 2013
Omo_Alata: This is a very stupid question. After 5 yrs, you just start seeing the age difference?? Why waste her time all these yrs? You should have asked yourself that question one month into dating

Spot on!
Re: Does Age Really Matter?? by Gudday(m): 1:45pm On Sep 08, 2013
lecturerdabo:
Tnx xo much 4 ur cntributn.
Re: Does Age Really Matter?? by Gudday(m): 1:52pm On Sep 08, 2013
bellong: In five years of your relationship with her, she never acted being older than you, where is your fear coming from? Do you want to go about drumming your age difference with people? My brother, age is only in figures to apply our hearts to wisdom. If you like her and you are good with her person, let not age stop you. You will not live with age but with the content of her character.
U r right, shes always been xo calm and respecful. TNX XO MUCH 4 U CNTRIBUTN.
Re: Does Age Really Matter?? by Gudday(m): 1:56pm On Sep 08, 2013
Dnt be xo harsh on me nw. I am neva goin to dump or betray her i jst need ur advice. Bt u av jst scolded me bt neva make a c0ntribution. Plz, ur cntributn?
Re: Does Age Really Matter?? by OmoAlata1(f): 2:11pm On Sep 08, 2013
Gudday: Dnt be xo harsh on me nw. I am neva goin to dump or betray her i jst need ur advice. Bt u av jst scolded me bt neva make a c0ntribution. Plz, ur cntributn?

Sorry to be harsh. 5 yrs is well enough to know someone. As long as she doesn't throw the age difference in your face and she respects you as her man, that is all that matters. People will talk regardless, so allow them to talk and don't be phased by it. If both of you have love, mutual respect, compatibility n excellent communication skills, that is all counts. Everything else is just white noise.
Re: Does Age Really Matter?? by Gudday(m): 2:17pm On Sep 08, 2013
Ashabie: Age diffrence has nothing to do with your marrital life,...and again you have dated her for good 5yrs til now,...some married couple divorces after 1 week...once you luv her,...why not go ahead with your marriage,...been older than you is even an advantage for you as a man, that shows you guys will treat your ups n down maturely...gud luck!
Tnx alot.
Re: Does Age Really Matter?? by Gudday(m): 2:19pm On Sep 08, 2013
Omo_Alata:

Sorry to be harsh. 5 yrs is well enough to know someone. As long as she doesn't throw the age difference in your face and she respects you as her man, that is all that matters. People will talk regardless, so allow them to talk and don't be phased by it. If both of you have love, mutual respect, compatibility n excellent communication skills, that is all counts. Everything else is just white noise.
Tnx alot 4 ur cntributi0n.
Re: Does Age Really Matter?? by Gudday(m): 2:26pm On Sep 08, 2013
TNX XO MUCH 4 ur undastanding of d content of d post nd ur c0ntributi0nz xo far@evrybodi dat has c0ntributed. AM xo grateful; u peepz r xo helpful nd excepti0nal. Looking 4ward 2 m0re c0ntributionz...
Re: Does Age Really Matter?? by Valto(m): 12:03pm On Sep 09, 2013
Gudday: U r right, shes always been xo calm and respecful. TNX XO MUCH 4 U CNTRIBUTN.
that's the most important thing! go ahead and marry her. U two av come a long way. (5yrs dating). u dont av to be worried cos 1yr age gap is not much.
Re: Does Age Really Matter?? by gistmelove(m): 12:55pm On Sep 09, 2013
age is a number but gap different matter alot click on this article it will help ur sitution http://www./2013/08/age-is-number-but-gap-differences.html
Re: Does Age Really Matter?? by Gudday(m): 3:30pm On Sep 10, 2013
Valto: that's the most important thing! go ahead and marry her. U two av come a long way. (5yrs dating). u dont av to be worried cos 1yr age gap is not much.
Tnx xo much.
Re: Does Age Really Matter?? by Gudday(m): 3:48pm On Sep 10, 2013
gistmelove: age is a number but gap different matter alot click on this article it will help ur sitution http://www./2013/08/age-is-number-but-gap-differences.html
TNX ALOT...really appreci8 ur cntribution. AND TNX 4 INTRODUCING ME 2 YOUR SITE.

(1) (Reply)

List Of Some Tested And Satisfied Companies Offering Cleaning Services In Lagos / For The Married Alone / Wife Responds To Chat With Husband S Sidechick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.