Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,403 members, 7,808,444 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family (16218 Views)

Interesting Facts About The Igbo People / Common Beautiful Names From The Igbo Tribe / What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Littlehooper: 5:19pm On Sep 13, 2013
Sery777: IGBO'S are leading in every sector;business,defense,transport etc.we diversify.

if u insist dat IGBO's do not luv education,why not check the thread dat came up on the cut off for unity schools across the country.,all states in the SE had the highest and i ASK how many SW states came tops.the hatred for igbos is just too much.

Quoting ACHEBE IN THERE WAS A COUNTR Y'Nigeria will probably reach a consensus on no issue than their common resentment for the igbo'

#KEDU IHE NDIGBO MERE NAIJIRIA# undecided undecided undecided

MY DEAR SISTER, DON'T GIVE US EXAMPLE OR PROOF THAT ARE NOT GLARING... IGBO HAS THE HIGHEST CUT -OFF MARK FOR UNITY SCHOOL..... BLAH,BLAH BLAH.. NA RUBBISH BE THAT...
DURING WASSCE ,JAMB EXAMS IGBO STUDENTS DO DEPEND ON MACHINERY. THEY DO CARRY GUNS TO EXAM CENTRE.... MY RELATIVES N MY SISTER WHO SERVE HER FATHERLAND IN ONE OF IGBO STATE TESTIFY TO THIS...
DURING UNIPORT POST-UTME, BULL DOGS, N SECURITY AGENT(MOBILE POLICE) WERE USED IN D PROCESS OF CONDUCTING D POST UTME..THIS SHOWS A GREAT LENGTH (ILLEGAL WAYS) @ WHICH IGBO PEOPLE CAN GO THROUGH TO ACHIEVE THEIR AIMS.... MY SISTER GO N SIT DOWN..
TERTIARY INSTITUTION NOW...
RIGHT FROM ONSET SOUTH WEST (FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES ) HAS ALWAYS BEEN TOPPING.... .WHERE ARE THE IGBOS(FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES )
IGBO ARE MONEY CONSCIOUS TRIBE... THEY TRAVEL PURPOSELY TO GET MONEY IN ILLEGAL WAY....
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Incredibleme: 5:28pm On Sep 13, 2013
@littlehopper ur arguments are extreamly baseles and are absolutly bogus, false, an so uninformed.
Mind u, u knw absolutly nting abt uniport. All u r saying abt the skul is a lie. Nd u cnt stay in d west nd knw wats hapening in d east.
The best students are frm d east. U cn knw dat bcus of d number of scholarships we have gotten.

Guy no dd talk rubbish. U r jst an ignorant goat. U knw nothing, absolutly nothing.

5 Likes

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Littlehooper: 5:28pm On Sep 13, 2013
Incredible.me:
I cn see dat there are tribalistic maniacs who are blinded by their jealousy and envy. Apart from being an igbo, i would prefer an hausa man, who z willing to learn from mastes, jst like the igbos did. D yorubas nd others are just envious dogs who wuld stp at nting 2 frustrate and black paind d hard work of the succesful, inteligent and bless people locatd in d eastern part of nigeria, with rich cultural and ethical heritage which has kept us going.

I so much distast yorubas bcus of dia envy.

WHAT'S THIS ONE PUTTING DOWN HERE
.. U DON'T HAVE TO WASTE SPACE ON WHICH OTHER REASONABLE NAIRALANDERS WILL COMMENT ON..
IT IS DETEST NOT DISTAST...

I REP MY TRIBE(YORUBA )
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 5:29pm On Sep 13, 2013
Incredible.me:
I cn see dat there are tribalistic maniacs who are blinded by their jealousy and envy. Apart from being an igbo, i would prefer an hausa man, who z willing to learn from mastes, jst like the igbos did. D yorubas nd others are just envious dogs who wuld stp at nting 2 frustrate and black paind d hard work of the succesful, inteligent and bless people locatd in d eastern part of nigeria, with rich cultural and ethical heritage which has kept us going.

I so much distast yorubas bcus of dia envy.
: my dear don't detest them, it is their nature, natural born haters, always looking for something to attack not only igbos but other tribes that are not of Y origin, where as we mind our business, and stick to things that only concern us, yet the can't give it a rest: just learn to live with them, or better still ignore them

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Incredibleme: 5:31pm On Sep 13, 2013
And dnt lie to us dat others dnt carry mechineries to ezam halls. Even 4 oau dm plenty.
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Littlehooper: 5:43pm On Sep 13, 2013
Incredible.me:
@littlehopper ur arguments are extreamly baseles and are absolutly bogus, false, an so uninformed.
Mind u, u knw absolutly nting abt uniport. All u r saying abt the skul is a lie. Nd u cnt stay in d west nd knw wats hapening in d east.
The best students are frm d east. U cn knw dat bcus of d number of scholarships we have gotten.

Guy no dd talk rubbish. U r jst an ignorant goat. U knw nothing, absolutly nothing.

My cousin is based in Portharcout...n he sat for UNIPORT POST -UTME... HE INFORMED ME HOW THEY SCRUTINIZE BEFORE,DURING,AFTER D POST UTME
MY FRIEND, KINDLY STATE THE NUMBER OF SCHOLARSHIP IGBOS STUDENT HAS GOT WITH REPUTABLE ORGANISATION OR FIRM THAT AWARD THE SCHOLARSHIP ?
DID U WATCH "ZAIN AFRICA CHALLENGE " UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN WON THE COMPETITION OUT OF AFRICA UNIVERSITIES THAT PARTICTIPATED. NTA BROADCASTED IT LIVE N FEDERAL GOVERNMENT HOST THE STUDENTS THAT WON THE COMPETITION.. I CAN'T REMEMBER THE YEAR VIVIDLY..
MY GUY,MY FACT N PROOFS ARE NOT BASELESS..
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:46pm On Sep 13, 2013
Incredible.me:
And dnt lie to us dat others dnt carry mechineries to ezam halls. Even 4 oau dm plenty.
Don't include OAU. If you're caught doing malpractice in OAU, you're gone.
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Littlehooper: 5:50pm On Sep 13, 2013
Incredible.me:

Hahahahaha!!!! CAN U SEE UR LIFE.... HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT THERE WILL BE MACHINERY IN UNIVERSITY (OAU)..
DO U KNOW WOT I MEAN BY MACHINERY... U DON'T
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Incredibleme: 5:54pm On Sep 13, 2013
Dude. I wrote at uniport dis year nd there was no such thing. Wat they did was nt owt of the ordinary. We wrote d ezams in peace. I jst got my admision on merit without paying a dime unlike wat is dominant in d west.

And concerning scholarships.
Alozie bright- futo. Shell and Agip
Nriaka Valentine- Nau. NNPC AND AGBAMI.
Egbo emmauel, nau total and shell,
Ugochi peace. Uniport Total.
To mention bt a few. Log into www.slnggroup.net. 2 view.

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Incredibleme: 5:56pm On Sep 13, 2013
And wateva context u used d word 'mechinery' its everywhere
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Littlehooper: 6:13pm On Sep 13, 2013
Incredible.me:
Dude. I wrote at uniport dis year nd there was no such thing. Wat they did was nt owt of the ordinary. We wrote d ezams in peace. I jst got my admision on merit without paying a dime unlike wat is dominant in d west.

And concerning scholarships.
Alozie bright- futo. Shell and Agip
Nriaka Valentine- Nau. NNPC AND AGBAMI.
Egbo emmauel, nau total and shell,
Ugochi peace. Uniport Total.
To mention bt a few. Log into www.slnggroup.net. 2 view.

I SWEAR, NA CONNECTION THINGS BE THAT SCHOLARSHIP....
MY GUY,OIL INDUSTRIES IN IGBO STATES DO GIVE OUT THE SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDENTS, PUPILS IN THE REGION OR AREA DEY ARE GETTING THE CRUDE OIL FROM JUST TO COMPENSATE THEM,TO AVOID MISUNDERSTANDING.....
AM NOT MOVED BY SCHOLARSHIP (NIGERIA ).ALL OUR CREAM OF THE SOCIETY DO BOOK FOR D SCHOLARSHIP....
ABOUT UNIPORT POST UTME,,MY COUSIN CAN NEVER LIE TO ME ON THAT... MY SISTER ALSO TESTIFY TO IT. HE SERVED IN PH, N SHE ALSO SUPERVISE EXAMS
DER ALSO....
DON'T LIE INCREDIBLE, DID U PASS THE POST UTME?
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Littlehooper: 6:15pm On Sep 13, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Don't include OAU. If you're caught doing malpractice in OAU, you're gone.

MY GUY,U DON'T HAVE TO TELL ME THAT..I KNOW MORE ABT MY SCHOOL THAN YOU...
NOBODY FIT TRY AM,
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Littlehooper: 6:21pm On Sep 13, 2013
INCREDIBLE... THE WEBSITE U RECOMMENDED TO BACK UR FACT IS ERROR.. THE WEBSITE IS NOT ACCESSIBLE..... I CLICK ON IT IS NOT GOING THROUGH...
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:26pm On Sep 13, 2013
Littlehooper:

MY GUY,U DON'T HAVE TO TELL ME THAT..I KNOW MORE ABT MY SCHOOL THAN YOU...
NOBODY FIT TRY AM,
Are you an OAU student/alumna? I graduated from there.
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Littlehooper: 6:30pm On Sep 13, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Are you an OAU student/alumna? I graduated from there.

YEA AM OAU STUDENT BRO..
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Chigorkizz(m): 6:33pm On Sep 13, 2013
Mr.man,Mercenary not machinary
Littlehooper:

MY DEAR SISTER, DON'T GIVE US EXAMPLE OR PROOF THAT ARE NOT GLARING... IGBO HAS THE HIGHEST CUT -OFF MARK FOR UNITY SCHOOL..... BLAH,BLAH BLAH.. NA RUBBISH BE THAT...
DURING WASSCE ,JAMB EXAMS IGBO STUDENTS DO DEPEND ON MACHINERY. THEY DO CARRY GUNS TO EXAM CENTRE.... MY RELATIVES N MY SISTER WHO SERVE HER FATHERLAND IN ONE OF IGBO STATE TESTIFY TO THIS...
DURING UNIPORT POST-UTME, BULL DOGS, N SECURITY AGENT(MOBILE POLICE) WERE USED IN D PROCESS OF CONDUCTING D POST UTME..THIS SHOWS A GREAT LENGTH (ILLEGAL WAYS) @ WHICH IGBO PEOPLE CAN GO THROUGH TO ACHIEVE THEIR AIMS.... MY SISTER GO N SIT DOWN..
RIGHT FROM ONSET SOUTH WEST (FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES ) HAS ALWAYS BEEN TOPPING.... .WHERE ARE THE IGBOS(FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES )
IGBO ARE MONEY CONSCIOUS TRIBE... THEY TRAVEL PURPOSELY TO GET MONEY IN ILLEGAL WAY....
Mr.man,Mercenary not machinary

3 Likes

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 13, 2013
Littlehooper: INCREDIBLE... THE WEBSITE U RECOMMENDED TO BACK UR FACT IS ERROR.. THE WEBSITE IS NOT ACCESSIBLE..... I CLICK ON IT IS NOT GOING THROUGH...
Its rude to type in caps lock. You are shouting and its disturbing the thread. You guys are derailing. Please, let's focus on the issue at hand. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 13, 2013
ROFLMFAO
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Littlehooper: 7:04pm On Sep 13, 2013
Chigorkizz: Mr.man,Mercenary not machinaryMr.man,Mercenary not machinary

WOT IS DIS ONE SAYING?
MERCERNARY IS FOR MILITARY..N MACHINERY HAS ITS MEANING .. I IMPROVSED MACHINERY TO SUIT WOT I WANT TO PASS ACROSS .......
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 13, 2013
PLS LET ALL THE NON-IGBOS ACKNOWLEDGE THE SUPERIORITY OF IGBOS FOR THE SAKE OF PEACE...THESE PEOPLE ARE LIKE LITTLE CHILDREN WHO DESPERATELY NEED THEIR EGOS TO BE STROKED ONCE IN A WHILE.....

3 Likes

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 13, 2013
Littlehooper:

WOT IS DIS ONE SAYING?
MERCERNARY IS FOR MILITARY..N MACHINERY HAS ITS MEANING .. I IMPROVSED MACHINERY TO SUIT WOT I WANT TO PASS ACROSS .......
You don't type like a literate person. Simple correction, don't type in caps again. Your spellings are so pathetic. Don't type like someone is chasing you. angry

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:43pm On Sep 13, 2013
engineerd: PLS LET ALL THE NON-IGBOS ACKNOWLEDGE THE SUPERIORITY OF IGBOS FOR THE SAKE OF PEACE...THESE PEOPLE ARE LIKE LITTLE CHILDREN WHO DESPERATELY NEED THEIR EGOS TO BE STROKED ONCE IN A WHILE.....
Lekwe ebe muscle pull ne me ngwere.
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 13, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Lekwe ebe muscle pull ne me ngwere.

WHAT WAS THAT? SORRY I DON'T SPEAK SAVAGE LANGUAGE.

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Littlehooper: 7:55pm On Sep 13, 2013
slimmy05: You don't type like a literate person. Simple correction, don't type in caps again. Your spellings are so pathetic. Don't type like someone is chasing you. angry

WHICH OF UR SPELLING IS PATHETIC ? PATHETIC DOESN'T FIT IN FOR ITS USAGE IN UR SENTENCE...
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:58pm On Sep 13, 2013
engineerd:

And you claim to be Igbo, or just supporting them. Sorry.
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Littlehooper: 7:59pm On Sep 13, 2013
engineerd:

YES OOO, TELL HIM MAKE HE HEAR WELLA:
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 13, 2013
Littlehooper:

YES OOO, TELL HIM MAKE HE HEAR WELLA:
Dude, stop exposing your crass ignorance and sit your dirty butt down and learn. You and your likes are the people making it look like Nigerian education is so poor. Judging from your English and sense of reasoning, you don't sound like someone who's passed through the four walls of a school. Don't derail this thread with your silly and childish thought. Go to the kiddies section. This thread is not for juveniles.

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 13, 2013
Littlehooper:

YOU DON'T NEED TO ASK. USE UR INITIATIVE TO KNOW THAT, LIKE I USE MINE TO KNOW D KIND OF BUSINESS IGBOS DO.

and u stl think u have initiative?
Moreover, its good u have acknowledged ur own ppl dont do anything.
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 13, 2013
Littlehooper:

so, even those igbo prim sch children carried guns to score high marks for unity sch entrance?
After unilag, which have considerable num of applicants of igbo extraction, unizik is d most sought after univ. in d nation. Am a NAU alumnus n i tell u its 99.7 percent igbo.
In d north, n even oda SW parts, dere is significant igbo pop too.
In SS, there are still many igbo students
Infact,if not for tribalism(if dey actually use merit), we would have chased all of u from nig sch, and u wl all be in Benin republic seeking admissions.

3 Likes

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:34pm On Sep 13, 2013
#exits#
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 13, 2013
Littlehooper:

WOT IS DIS ONE SAYING?

just acknowledge ur mistake and move on, its not a big deal.
I didnt know that either till i was 14 .

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Incredibleme: 8:56pm On Sep 13, 2013
Tipical, very tipical.
A tipical yoruba man would always look for a way to degrade his fellow nigerian who is faring beta, meanwhile ignoring d oppurtunity 2 learn.

@littlehoper NAU was mentioned in d list. Its a northern uni.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi Pays Bill Of Patient That Requires Kidney Transplant Surgery In Kano / Marriage To Igala Lady / The Truth About The Number Of Nigerian Languages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.