Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,623 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family (16219 Views)

Interesting Facts About The Igbo People / Common Beautiful Names From The Igbo Tribe / What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Incredibleme: 9:00pm On Sep 13, 2013
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Littlehooper: 9:28pm On Sep 13, 2013
ngozievergreen:

just acknowledge ur mistake and move on, its not a big deal.
I didnt know that either till i was 14 .

WHICH MISTAKE WILL I ADMIT? CAN U POINT OUT THE MISTAKE (S)..
GO N SLEEP. NIGHT
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Littlehooper: 9:31pm On Sep 13, 2013
ngozievergreen:

so, even those igbo prim sch children carried guns to score high marks for unity sch entrance?
After unilag, which have considerable num of applicants of igbo extraction, unizik is d most sought after univ. in d nation. Am a NAU alumnus n i tell u its 99.7 percent igbo.
In d north, n even oda SW parts, dere is significant igbo pop too.
In SS, there are still many igbo students
Infact,if not for tribalism(if dey actually use merit), we would have chased all of u from nig sch, and u wl all be in Benin republic seeking admissions.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO REPLY BACK because I CAN'T COMPREHEND WOT U'VE WRITTEN ... LET UR COMMENT BE COHERENT .
RAMBLING COMMENTS.
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Littlehooper: 9:47pm On Sep 13, 2013
Incredible.me:
And just so u'd knw i pass d uniport putme in flying colours also. I got 288, econs dept.
Reg num. 36330923CA
OKIGBO CHINEDU FELIX.
U cn confirm if u care.
@littlehopper

ARE U SURE THAT'S NOT ANOTHER PERSON REGISTRATION NUMBER..... ..
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Stunner1(f): 9:50pm On Sep 13, 2013
@littlehooper dnt u get tired?... u don dey dz thread since dey quote errbody,shame on u sha cos it shows u r jobless ewunta toilet... Get a life n stop hating us oniranu
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 13, 2013
Kairoseki77: So being a slave is being "well traveled"?

LMAO! I guess you will do anything to get away from your erosion ravaged land.
lwkmd
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by nothingdou1(m): 10:26pm On Sep 13, 2013
I have a dream that 1 ϑάў with the rate d igbo tribe is advancing,interms of been industrious,education,dominating in most activities & places.They will subdue & may make other tribes insignificant.Hence they will depend on the igbos.
Quotes:Anonymous

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 13, 2013
Little wonder why the igbo in alaigbo didn't achieve anything close to that back then?

Someone tell me its me or Igbo seem proud of selling their brothers to slavery?
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Littlehooper: 10:47pm On Sep 13, 2013
nothing do u: I have a dream that 1 ϑάў with the rate d igbo tribe is advancing,interms of been industrious,education,dominating in most activities & places.They will subdue & may make other tribes insignificant.Hence they will depend on the igbos.
Quotes:Anonymous

FOR UR DREAM .....
NAIRA - NEVER ALLOW IGBO RULE AGAIN....
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Littlehooper: 10:49pm On Sep 13, 2013
#1-stunner:
@littlehooper dnt u get tired?... u don dey dz thread since dey quote errbody,shame on u sha cos it shows u r jobless ewunta toilet... Get a life n stop hating us oniranu

WHO IS THIS ONE? ATTENTION SEEKER
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by oduaboy1: 10:51pm On Sep 13, 2013
LMAO funny thread,people should just leave our ibo brothers alone,let them keep basking in the euphoria of self delusion.
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by omonnakoda: 12:58am On Sep 14, 2013
Serious inferiority complex
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by MrsChima(f): 2:34am On Sep 14, 2013
Lol at battydumb getting roasted on his own thread. grin grin grin
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 6:12am On Sep 14, 2013
Littlehooper:

FOR UR DREAM .....
NAIRA - NEVER ALLOW IGBO RULE AGAIN....

he was not even talking igbo being d president, if thats where ur mind is going to.
Becos we have seen how those that got d presidency 'bettered' their regions.
The loss of igbo dominance in power n oil looting activities is what made us discover and develop other sectors of the economy. Dats y we r ubiquious in d society.
For most yorubas, its either dependence on niger delta oil revenue or no comfortable life.

4 Likes

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by austinsmat(m): 7:46am On Sep 14, 2013
Pls why Y e-warriors tribe will not allow Igbo man rest in this nairaland they should know that there hatred will never bring Igbo nation down because what is written is written

3 Likes

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Incredibleme: 7:57am On Sep 14, 2013
Littlehopper jst manage hop owt of this thread. Its people lyk u dat r crucifying Christ d second tym.
As for my reg num, its left for u to blive or nt.

All i knw! Am proud of IGBOS JARE!

3 Likes

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 14, 2013
omonnakoda: Winch tinz
winch? ''GO AND LEARN COMMON ENGLISH''
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 14, 2013
Littlehooper:

My cousin is based in Portharcout...n he sat for UNIPORT POST -UTME... HE INFORMED ME HOW THEY SCRUTINIZE BEFORE,DURING,AFTER D POST UTME
MY FRIEND, KINDLY STATE THE NUMBER OF SCHOLARSHIP IGBOS STUDENT HAS GOT WITH REPUTABLE ORGANISATION OR FIRM THAT AWARD THE SCHOLARSHIP ?
DID U WATCH "ZAIN AFRICA CHALLENGE " UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN WON THE COMPETITION OUT OF AFRICA UNIVERSITIES THAT PARTICTIPATED. NTA BROADCASTED IT LIVE N FEDERAL GOVERNMENT HOST THE STUDENTS THAT WON THE COMPETITION.. I CAN'T REMEMBER THE YEAR VIVIDLY..
MY GUY,MY FACT N PROOFS ARE NOT BASELESS..
so only yeraba pple school at uni ibadan?,kip displaying ur daf+ness here
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 14, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
And you claim to be Igbo, or just supporting them. Sorry.
what u wrote wasnt igbo,looks like some sort of ngbertic lang.
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 14, 2013
Orlando Owoh: #exits#
thats what cowa.rds do best
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 14, 2013
Orlando Owoh: #exits#
thats what u cowa.rds do best
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 14, 2013
Littlehooper:

ARE U SURE THAT'S NOT ANOTHER PERSON REGISTRATION NUMBER..... ..
Did this guy actually say he is a student?,ur English:0
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by omonnakoda: 9:06am On Sep 14, 2013
ngozievergreen:

he was not even talking igbo being d president, if thats where ur mind is going to.
Becos we have seen how those that got d presidency 'bettered' their regions.
The loss of igbo dominance in power n oil looting activities is what made us discover and develop other sectors of the economy. Dats y we r ubiquious in d society.
For most yorubas, its either dependence on niger delta oil revenue or no comfortable life.

Console yourself with that Tell us what you guys contribute to Nigeria today.Who is more dependent on oil? We still produce cocoa,cashew for export while you guys abandoned agriculture totally. So when you talk about dependence on OIL ask .WHAT DO IBOS CONTRIBUTE TO NON_OIL FOREX EARNINGS ? ANSWER= NOTHING

What do Ibos produce from their so called INDUSTRIOUSNESS.

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by omonnakoda: 9:08am On Sep 14, 2013
igboezue: winch? ''GO AND LEARN COMMON ENGLISH''
common? What is "common" English
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Littlehooper: 10:00am On Sep 14, 2013
igboezue: Did this guy actually say he is a student?,ur English:0

WHO IS THIS? ARE U A GUEST OR MEMBER?
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 14, 2013
Littlehooper:

WHO IS THIS? ARE U A GUEST OR MEMBER?
Is dat wat we are tallkin here?,Ezi
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Littlehooper: 10:47am On Sep 14, 2013
igboezue: Is dat wat we are tallkin here?,Ezi

MTCHEW!!!!!
I CAN SEE U ARE A IGBO GUY..
HAVE U READ WHAT IGBO PEOPLE HAS DONE AGAIN?
NIGERIANS THAT WERE DEPORTED FROM TUNISIA MAJORITY OF THEM WERE IGBOS....
AND U ARE HERE BUSY BACKING UP THE THREAD (IGBO VALUES EDUCATION, SUCCESS )
GO N SLEEP
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Wulfruna(f): 10:52am On Sep 14, 2013
Littlehooper:

MTCHEW!!!!!
I CAN SEE U ARE A IGBO GUY..
HAVE U READ WHAT IGBO PEOPLE HAS DONE AGAIN?
NIGERIANS THAT WERE DEPORTED FROM TUNISIA MAJORITY OF THEM WERE IGBOS....
AND U ARE HERE BUSY BACKING UP THE THREAD (IGBO VALUES EDUCATION, SUCCESS )
GO N SLEEP

Yes, that's true, bro. Majority of them were from two Igbo Southeastern states, Edo and Delta. grin grin grin

The rest were from Lagos and Benue and Imo and Plateau. All all of them na Igbo states. I think it is only Imo that's not from South East there. cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 14, 2013
omonnakoda:

Console yourself with that Tell us what you guys contribute to Nigeria today.Who is more dependent on oil? We still produce cocoa,cashew for export while you guys abandoned agriculture totally. So when you talk about dependence on OIL ask .WHAT DO IBOS CONTRIBUTE TO NON_OIL FOREX EARNINGS ? ANSWER= NOTHING

What do Ibos produce from their so called INDUSTRIOUSNESS.

igbos produce most 'Made in Nigeria' tnz.
Lets strt with, 'what doesnt d igbos produce?'

However, since u think productions start and end in agriculture,
cashew: Enugu state is probly d highest producer n exporter of dat thing sef.
Ebonyi state (abakiliki rice) produces rice , in quantities
that will feed the whole southern Nig. Yams, same thing.
What were u saying abt cocoa export? Dont let me get u.
Notice dat d yorubas in forbes list are living off oil money. Thieves.
Industrialisation is d prime mover of economic dependence.

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by omonnakoda: 3:09pm On Sep 14, 2013
ngozievergreen:

igbos produce most 'Made in Nigeria' tnz.
Lets strt with, 'what doesnt d igbos produce?'

However, since u think productions start and end in agriculture,
cashew: Enugu state is probly d highest producer n exporter of dat thing sef.
Ebonyi state (abakiliki rice) produces rice , in quantities
that will feed the whole southern Nig. Yams, same thing.
What were u saying abt cocoa export? Dont let me get u.
Notice dat d yorubas in forbes list are living off oil money. Thieves.
Industrialisation is d prime mover of economic dependence.
The problem with you is you eat too much akpu and it clogs your brain you just wake up and say anything that enters your airy head. No!!! Kwara state not Enugu produces the most cashews almost half of what is produced in Nigeria.
Agriculure accounts for about 60% of our GDP so if we are talking production it must be AGRICULTURE. In terms of manufacturing pls don't make me laugh.All that talk about rice and yam does not deserve an answer the only thing you produce is AKPU and AKPU and that is why you have Hyperakpuraemia. Cocoa is the NUMBER TWO earner of forex in Nigeria produced mainly in the SW and places like Akwa Ibom and Cross River. You folk Produce Nothing !!!
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by adabeke12(f): 3:24pm On Sep 14, 2013
Wulfruna:

But its true oooo. How come people don't go to threads that celebrate Yoruba accomplishments to shout them down? undecided

Nne anya ofo a ri mma. There are a lot of anti igbo ppl and like someone said even igbo ppl are their worst enemies.
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 14, 2013
omonnakoda:
The problem with you is you eat too much akpu and it clogs your brain you just wake up and say anything that enters your airy head. No!!! Kwara state not Enugu produces the most cashews almost half of what is produced in Nigeria.
Agriculure accounts for about 60% of our GDP so if we are talking production it must be AGRICULTURE. In terms of manufacturing pls don't make me laugh.All that talk about rice and yam does not deserve an answer the only thing you produce is AKPU and AKPU and that is why you have Hyperakpuraemia. Cocoa is the NUMBER TWO earner of forex in Nigeria produced mainly in the SW and places like Akwa Ibom and Cross River. You folk Produce Nothing !!!
You sound like a frustrated and bittered person. Your hating and jealousy is eating you up so fast like cancer. You talk about agriculture and you call the southwest and excludes the North, you want to know where original palm oil comes from?? Youre a dumb, lame duck. Its obvious you have no sense of reasoning but of hate for the igbo's. The thread simply outlined the achievements of igbo and uploaded a case. Why not open a thread and outline the achievements of the yoruba. It would be great. Even Obasanjo's administration couldn't do without Igbo elites in the key sector of the economy as well as it's finance. Why not embrace facts rather than sentiments? Why not think with your brain rather than your anus? Why not sit down and think rather than run your mouth like a pepper seller. Bigfrancis, opened this thread as he's impressed with the achievements of his igbo brothers and as well will like others to see and read and not limit themselves. You all have taken this as a battle amongst yourselves to hate on the Igbo's. I say, shame on you, shame on you haters of achievements and success of your brothers(igbo's). Irrespective of your tribe or religion, there is something particular about your tribe that no other possess. If you talk about business, I mean grass to grace business. Then you'll call a lot of igbos and few yorubas and hausa's. I know you'll be quick to mention Otedola and Mike Adenuga. Let adeguna come out and give an account of how he started glo from one penny. Let Jimoh Ibrahim, also come out and narrate his ordeal how he graduated from harvard and started global fleet gas company. A lot of us did not dig how this men made their money, but we are quick to judge others. Beware, if you're envious of others success, you will never get there. I'm proudly Igbo. Igbo Kwenu, kwenu, ri e nu, kwue zuo nu o!! cheesy

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi Pays Bill Of Patient That Requires Kidney Transplant Surgery In Kano / Marriage To Igala Lady / The Truth About The Number Of Nigerian Languages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.