Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,763 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

"Confusing Boyfriend Role With That Of A Husband" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Confusing Boyfriend Role With That Of A Husband" (2169 Views)

10 Confusing Behaviours Of Girls/Ladies / Turning Him Into A HUSBAND MATERIAL. / 'submissive Role' With Husband: 'I Want Him To Lead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Confusing Boyfriend Role With That Of A Husband" by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 08, 2013
In dating relationships, most women often confuse the role of a boyfriend with that of a husband. Expectations from relationships are natural but what isn't natural is having many women expecting husband privileges from men they simply deem as boyfriends.

Understanding the key difference between a boyfriend and a husband will help in cutting the edges except a woman chooses to play out of the rules.

That frequent companion a woman is involved with romantically and sexually is what I refer to as a BOYFRIEND while a husband is simply a woman's partner in marriage, a figure tasked to connect and keep a family together.

These two definitions clearly show the difference in both roles, so why is it that many women often expect more from a boyfriend than they should?

The answer is simple. Many women expect husband privileges from boyfriends because they give husband privileges to their boyfriends in hopes of securing a long-term relationship with the possibility of marriage. I consider this a major mistake. Giving husband privileges to boyfriends and expecting husband privileges in return takes away the fun in a dating relationship and places unnecessary pressure on both parties involved.

How?

Because it takes the focus off of getting to know someone for who they are and places it on what they can bring to a relationship other than themselves.

Now don’t get me wrong, a person should know as much about someone they are dating from every aspect to see if they are the one for them, but the expectations of a boyfriend in a dating relationship should remain sensible and simple.

You're probably asking what husband-like expectations do some women actually place on their boyfriends?

You know the ones...don't you?

That includes paying bills that you created, buying groceries, demands for cash you don't need, must own every model of phone that comes out…just to name a few.

While there is nothing wrong with a man doing these things for his girlfriend, especially if he volunteers to do it out of the kindness of his heart, women should know not to expect these and other husband privileges from a man who has not put a ring on it.

visit: www.flaubertajiero.com for more date tips

1 Like

Re: "Confusing Boyfriend Role With That Of A Husband" by Enegod(m): 9:46pm On Sep 08, 2013
nicely written
Re: "Confusing Boyfriend Role With That Of A Husband" by Chlbenze: 12:16am On Sep 09, 2013
nice writeup
Re: "Confusing Boyfriend Role With That Of A Husband" by Mynd44: 12:19am On Sep 09, 2013
Can someone please help me with the summary?
Re: "Confusing Boyfriend Role With That Of A Husband" by Boll2010: 12:59am On Sep 09, 2013
Mynd_44: Can someone please help me with the summary?
can u hlp me wit d summary grin
Re: "Confusing Boyfriend Role With That Of A Husband" by Mynd44: 1:19am On Sep 09, 2013
Boll2010: can u hlp me wit d summary grin
I want a summary too
Re: "Confusing Boyfriend Role With That Of A Husband" by mumumugu(m): 1:28am On Sep 09, 2013
Summary

seeex is job of husband
stop seeeeeexxxxx till married
Re: "Confusing Boyfriend Role With That Of A Husband" by Mynd44: 1:30am On Sep 09, 2013
mumumugu: Summary

seeex is job of husband
Why did the OP not say that before?
Re: "Confusing Boyfriend Role With That Of A Husband" by originbm: 1:38am On Sep 09, 2013
mumumugu: Summary

seeex is job of husband

job or priviledge.which?
Re: "Confusing Boyfriend Role With That Of A Husband" by texanomaly(f): 2:41am On Sep 09, 2013
Mynd_44:
Why did the OP not say that before?
Ummm...actually I'm not sure he said that at all. I think he said something like; "Just because you are giving it up, doesn't give you the right to ask your boyfriend for things only a wife has a right to. He is right. With no ring, is it not just prostitutio.n. (Why buy the cow, when you can get the milk for free?) undecided
Re: "Confusing Boyfriend Role With That Of A Husband" by Brimmie(m): 2:44am On Sep 09, 2013
Sex Is The Job Of BoyFriend

Money/Finace Is The Job Of Husband! Yeah Right!!

Ok.. Seen.. Read.. Digested!! Next!! undecided
Re: "Confusing Boyfriend Role With That Of A Husband" by Nobody: 6:33am On Sep 09, 2013
Ya I agree with OP...and I honestly can't stand women who rely on men for every last thing. I mean really, you have no ambition? Your mother didn't teach you how to transform nothing into something marvelous? Will a man really want a lady who can't handle a simple task like paying bills? What will happen when she has a household to run? I mean seriously, I'm done with these kind of ladies... I understand that men were built to provide and protect, but until you get married if you need help ask your daddy, brothers, and uncles other male relatives, this boyfriend is not meant for that. Let him prove his love by doing things on his own volition. Its so much more rewarding as a lady to know that he paid attention and realized that you wanted or needed something and got it to please you! A man doing these things makes you know that he pays attention to you, and wants to make you happy. So much better than forcing someone to do that, he'll eventually resent you/disrespect you. Finally, get to know him for who he is, before you force the hand or the situation to be more serious than it should be. This nice gentleman might turn out to be crazed, already married or violent! Please take your time because marriage is a life-long decision.

2 Likes

Re: "Confusing Boyfriend Role With That Of A Husband" by lordkrato(m): 7:35am On Sep 09, 2013
Before we start bashing nd all, we shud fllw d thought process in these things

NO ONE HATES A POTENTIAL FREE LUNCH

despite wall street and odas warning abt the abve,d boyfriend is seen 2 be such and truth is,its more our culture than mischief.
Re: "Confusing Boyfriend Role With That Of A Husband" by Mynd44: 7:36am On Sep 09, 2013
texanomaly:
Ummm...actually I'm not sure he said that at all. I think he said something like; "Just because you are giving it up, doesn't give you the right to ask your boyfriend for things only a wife has a right to. He is right. With no ring, is it not just prostitutio.n. (Why buy the cow, when you can get the milk for free?) undecided
The OP should have avoided all this in the first place by not typing an epistle.
Re: "Confusing Boyfriend Role With That Of A Husband" by Boll2010: 10:55am On Sep 09, 2013
Mynd_44:
I want a summary too
I was told u summarize grin

1 Like

Re: "Confusing Boyfriend Role With That Of A Husband" by Mynd44: 11:03am On Sep 09, 2013
Boll2010: I was told u summarize grin
Old things are past away
Re: "Confusing Boyfriend Role With That Of A Husband" by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 09, 2013
Fair enough
Re: "Confusing Boyfriend Role With That Of A Husband" by Boll2010: 2:36pm On Sep 09, 2013
Mynd_44:
Old things are past away
behold I got a revelation ova d nyt to u! Dat u stat livin lyk Gandhi
Re: "Confusing Boyfriend Role With That Of A Husband" by Mynd44: 2:50pm On Sep 09, 2013
Boll2010: behold I got a revelation ova d nyt to u! Dat u stat livin lyk Gandhi
Don't make me angry oooo
Re: "Confusing Boyfriend Role With That Of A Husband" by texanomaly(f): 2:55pm On Sep 09, 2013
Mynd_44:
The OP should have avoided all this in the first place by not typing an epistle.
LMAO
Mynd, Mynd, Mynd
You go talk laik dis?
Mynd, of all people to talk about writing an epistle...hmmmm...smile...smh
Re: "Confusing Boyfriend Role With That Of A Husband" by texanomaly(f): 2:55pm On Sep 09, 2013
Boll2010: I was told u summarize grin
See?
wink
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "Confusing Boyfriend Role With That Of A Husband" by Mynd44: 2:59pm On Sep 09, 2013
texanomaly:
LMAO
Mynd, Mynd, Mynd
You go talk laik dis?
Mynd, of all people to talk about writing an epistle...hmmmm...smile...smh
Me? Where?
Re: "Confusing Boyfriend Role With That Of A Husband" by texanomaly(f): 3:04pm On Sep 09, 2013
Mynd_44:
Me? Where?
*looks left and right*
We derail...I'll send you message
*looks around again*
Re: "Confusing Boyfriend Role With That Of A Husband" by Boll2010: 4:57pm On Sep 09, 2013
Mynd_44:
Don't make me angry oooo
angry....nah!! U beta dan uttering dat word!.....bt y don't u do HINDU grin
Re: "Confusing Boyfriend Role With That Of A Husband" by Boll2010: 4:59pm On Sep 09, 2013
texanomaly:
See?
wink
cheesy cheesy cheesy
dis my way of apreciatin ur effort! Tak dis basket of grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin u dnt knw aw dis tins ar important to me#tank me later

1 Like

Re: "Confusing Boyfriend Role With That Of A Husband" by Mynd44: 5:01pm On Sep 09, 2013
Boll2010: angry....nah!! U beta dan uttering dat word!.....bt y don't u do HINDU grin
Smh
Re: "Confusing Boyfriend Role With That Of A Husband" by texanomaly(f): 5:04pm On Sep 09, 2013
Mynd_44:
Smh
Hehehe

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Loosen Up? / Honestly She Is Becoming *over Posessive!! / Nid Advice Urgently..is It Dat Am Nt Sex Freak Or Y Dnt I Enjoy Sex At All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.