Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,794 members, 7,806,193 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) (30987 Views)

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by ehixking(m): 9:02pm On Sep 14, 2013
pumpindkay: A website for this association pls.

Under construction.
Thanks
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by teenuel: 9:09pm On Sep 14, 2013
coolMake una remember us o
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by JingoOAU(m): 9:35pm On Sep 14, 2013
Am very disappointed for not making the inaugural meeting as I was one of the pioneer of this initiative. Be that as it may, I just got employed with Nigerian airspace management agency(nama). That I'm very much employed now doesn't mean I don't have something to contribute to this noble organization.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by eyenCalabar(m): 9:49pm On Sep 14, 2013
Well, Mr. Ehis, I feel your pains. But remember, this is not going to be a child's play. Our corrupt government would want to fight back. No matter how you may look at it, be ready to fight war. I mean real war because the government won't be happy with you guys. I wish you all the best.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Ndyoo(m): 10:51pm On Sep 14, 2013
I identify with this group and I'm putting up a nice article on what the unemployed in Nigeria goes through...Your Ideas are welcomed for those who had various encounters on their Unemployment Saga...Remain Blessed as we struggle to pull this through.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by ehixking(m): 11:24pm On Sep 14, 2013
Ndyoo: I identify with this group and I'm putting up a nice article on what the unemployed in Nigeria goes through...Your Ideas are welcomed for those who had various encounters on their Unemployment Saga...Remain Blessed as we struggle to pull this through.
Thanks!!!
We are gonna add it to the write ups for the website
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by lekeey: 11:39pm On Sep 14, 2013
Good work and thoughts! Hope u guys will not dump and run when are given a few million naira by the govt *just thinking*
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by alingo4life: 11:40pm On Sep 14, 2013
Association of Unemployed Graduates my foot..Its a pity when i see things like this..Its a pity when Nigerians think because you have a degree with you you already have the world at your feet.We have so much emphasized getting a degree to the extent that we don't seem to think clearly anymore..Check out more of these undergraduates that tend to blame the Government for not being employed,They are simply unemployable themselves..You cant employ them and get peace of mind because the simply do not know what to do..They have to be re-trained and re-trained..You see a 17year old running for University admission immediately he finishes from High-school.Should that be the case?Don't we know that things have changed and the Jobs are not available anymore.I always and would ever say,That Entrepreneurship should be introduced in all Secondary school from J.SS1 and this should be infused into every Boy and Girl in Nigeria..It's high time kids get themselves into a sort of vocational training after secondary school instead of running after university admission which at the end of the day you won't get a job after school..It's a shame how we are not independent in this country,A master's degree holder that is still being fed by he's Parents..It's only in Nigeria you see such.A very funny case it is..

1 Like

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by In4matic: 2:45am On Sep 15, 2013
HMM,
SO MANY DIVERSE OPINIONS. WHEN PEOPLE LAUNCH OUT TO ATTACK SUCH A MOVE MAYBE THE BIGGER PICTURE SHOULD BE CONSIDERED:
MR PINEAPPLE FARMER, HOW MUCH OF YOUR PRODUCE GETS ROTTEN BEFORE IT GETS TO YOUR CONSUMERS?
OR EVEN THE IMPORTER THAT THING YOU IMPORT FROM CHINA HAS GIVEN JOBS TO AT LEAST FOUR PEOPLE OVER THERE, THE PRODUCER,THE ASSEMBLER, The ADVERTISERS and the SHIPPER...

THATS WHAT THIS GROUP OUGHT TO BE ABOUT, A FORA FOR THE YOUNG BRAINS IN THIS COUNTRY TO COME UP AND ACHIEVE FOR. THEMSELVES AND FUTURE GENERATIONS WHAT THEY OTHERWISE COULD NOT HAVE ACHIEVED INDIVIDUALLY.
IMAGINE WHAT WE WOULD ACHIEVE IF WE COULD PUT OUR BACKS TO GETTING SOME OF THESE THINGS LOCALLY. BY THE PEOPLE FOR OUR PEOPLE …
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Dahbutter(m): 4:33am On Sep 15, 2013
alingo4life: Association of Unemployed Graduates my foot..Its a pity when i see things like this..Its a pity when Nigerians think because you have a degree with you you already have the world at your feet.We have so much emphasized getting a degree to the extent that we don't seem to think clearly anymore..Check out more of these undergraduates that tend to blame the Government for not being employed,They are simply unemployable themselves..You cant employ them and get peace of mind because the simply do not know what to do..They have to be re-trained and re-trained..You see a 17year old running for University admission immediately he finishes from High-school.Should that be the case?Don't we know that things have changed and the Jobs are not available anymore.I always and would ever say,That Entrepreneurship should be introduced in all Secondary school from J.SS1 and this should be infused into every Boy and Girl in Nigeria..It's high time kids get themselves into a sort of vocational training after secondary school instead of running after university admission which at the end of the day you won't get a job after school..It's a shame how we are not independent in this country,A master's degree holder that is still being fed by he's Parents..It's only in Nigeria you see such.A very funny case it is..

What are u feeling like 'mr i too know'? I guess because u are doing something that earns u a living u think u are better than the graduates who are unemployed? Mind you, many of these guys are in the situation they find themselves today because they had no one to advice them early enough on how to equip themselves besides their degree education! Do you think it is that easy spending all those years in the classrooms, doing practicals and burning the midnight oil just to get the so called degree Nigeria was clamouring for? Many of them finished with high hopes only to realize it was somewhat futile! There are some brilliant brains in their areas of training who have never been given a chance to shine because they have no connection and had no prior knowledge that the system was going to be this messed up.

I believe this forum is a good move and it would help to equip many more graduates and undergraduates with the knowledge of how to go about other means of getting themselves and distinct qualities known to employers or generating self employment possibly through the vocational training you seem to be boasting about.

As per the name of this organisation i suggest ''Youths against unemployment'' as someone suggested earlier should be adopted so that even employed graduates and unemployable graduates (by Nigerian standards) like myself can still associate with it.

And before u mr alingo start getting excited, know that i am an employer myself and a quite successful one at that, i only called myself a 'nigerian unemployable graduate' cos i never bothered to waste my precious time doing that NYSC year that employers demand

1 Like

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by adeniyikassim: 6:50am On Sep 15, 2013
A good move in a right direction...may God support the idea
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by ehixking(m): 7:03am On Sep 15, 2013
We the youth owns the earth
As graduates our knowledge makes us capable of anything
The strength of our youth coupled with our number....let's fly like eagles with a strength so strong.
The Barton has not been passed to us in any way but we have to snatch it
Its time for nation building,its time to make our country a better place.
To those calling me and thinking they can distract me....Am not a fool!!
Those that attended the meeting would tell you what we stand for! A new nigeria that cannot be compromised by religion,tradition,politics most especially...so there is a hint once you think you wanna come through any of this means to distract us..well we are waiting to disappoint you
The opening prayer of the meeting was done individually in our heart...just because we believe there is a God somewhere!
Our religion hasn't really helped matters,out traditional leaders are not talking because of the allocations they collect regularly
Our politicians are busy campaigning against 2015
Well, we shall all see where we stand soon
Our interest is just Gainful employment of graduates
Its as simple as that
To those thinking it would be hijacked just watch us and be our strength and encouragement is all we need from you
The vision of that poor common man shall soon see...the long awaited dream of A New Nigeria
The time has come,the time is NOW
N.C
Ehis Abuya
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by ehixking(m): 7:48am On Sep 15, 2013
I just received a call from Mr christopher epkeyoung (hope I got d spelling) who has a master degree in Educational Management and also his first degree from university of Ibadan(special Education)
He graduated " 5years" ago and has dabble into various businesses....he worked as a primary school teacher in those "Mumu" private primary school(15k per month),taught student lesson in his room, once had a poultry,he tried making pure water,
But his business collapsed and had a great fall like humty dumpty
Why.....No enabling environment
1)He rented a land
2)He has no stable means of power and spends a lot on fuel
3)Roads network to transport his good are bad
4)Government policies ain't working for him
5) Police would extort money from him
When he tried cassava farming was worse than anyone could ever imagine cos he couldn't even feed himself while waiting for his farm to mature

This association is his only option
Now I think this is an eye opener for those that keep talking about entrepreneurship
Even in elementary economics,to start up anything we must first put in place
1)Land
2)Capital
3)Labour

Before even talking about entrepreneurship
Do u know what's called risk and uncertainty in business...so if he looses in d long run who bears the risk

2 Likes

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by In4matic: 8:03am On Sep 15, 2013
Nigerian Graduates Initiative against Unemployment
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by In4matic: 8:05am On Sep 15, 2013
ehixking:
He graduated " 5years" ago and has dabble into various businesses...., once had a poultry,he tried making pure water,
When he tried cassava farming was worse than anyone could ever imagine cos he couldn't even feed himself while waiting for his farm to mature

The cynics will say he didn't try hard enough. This is the same experience most stand-alone entrepreneurs face But sadly, some are to full of their ego to admit it. Let's start calling a spade by It's name only then will We have a fighting chance to grow this nation the way it ought to be, to become what he ought to be...the pride of the black race!
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by ehixking(m): 8:39am On Sep 15, 2013
hopilo: if only they can meet and plan how to be employer of labour. with your education, you can be the best mechanic operator, car washer operator, run a home maintenace services that you can employ people to wash interlockings, carry out monthly preventive maintenance on household items befor you know you are a millionaire. shit dey smell but shit money sweet well. goverment will not employ everyone, wake up pls.

"Government and Agriculture In Nigeria{Analysis of
Policies,programmes and Administration.
By Vincent 0. Akinyosoye,PHD

Read this instead of reading Rich Dad Poor Dad...that cannot work in a Nigerian Economy...
Stop decieving yourself if you think this ur so called beautiful ideas can work in this country
Your opinion is like serving a delicious,spicy and mouth watering meal in a dirty smelling dish
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Elxandre(m): 10:54am On Sep 15, 2013
There's one sure thing i know!
Excos of this group will soon turn to their selfish interests. write it down..
Look at those hypocritical militant leaders who claim to be fighting for their regions, all they do is buy private jets after deceiving the populace.
If you ask me what Nigeria need is job creation. There are no enough employers. Where are the companies, industries, agencies to employ these thousands of youths?
You mustn't rely alone on this group and govt job peeps. look at yourself and try discover your royalty! its in you!..
its a nice group slated for revolution though, as long it doesn't get corrupt.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by ehixking(m): 11:19am On Sep 15, 2013
Let's think possitve!!!
Let's work on our mind set
Let believe that this is the only project that would work in Nigeria and it will
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Ninapha(f): 11:42am On Sep 15, 2013
ehixking: Let's think possitve!!!
Let's work on our mind set
Let believe that this is the only project that would work in Nigeria and it will
. I believe it would work, i believe its a great idea, i believe mostly its a classic platform for the government to use in ascertaining their industrilization growth. Only we shd be ready to articulate our needs right, not just being employed but having enabling environemnt to explore and become employers. We need the govt and they need us too. Keep the vision alive!

1 Like

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by mikovo2002(m): 12:05pm On Sep 15, 2013
Thanks for the effort. Ij want to be .l want to be a member.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by ehixking(m): 12:07pm On Sep 15, 2013
If you where taught in school that one plus one is equal to two and u believed
Why can't you believe that everybody has one naira(common sense) and if a million people come together and put each persons one naira(common sense) together it gives a millon(common senses) altogether they can start up something tangible- find solutions to problems
Think
Think and think deep
Traders and even government workers that joins Co-operatives are not fools....
They understand that unity is strength
So you guys think,think,think

1 Like

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Yusphull(m): 12:35pm On Sep 15, 2013
WHO ARE THE LEADERS OF TOMORROW ?

In 1983, Bamanga Tukur was the Governor of the defunct Gongola State (now Adamawa & Taraba) and 30 years later, he is today the Chairman of the ruling Party, The PDP..

Dr. Bello Halliru was commissioner in the Old Sokoto State (now Sokoto, Kebbi & Zamfara) and 33 years after he is today Minister of Defence....

Major General David Mark(rtd) was the military governor of Niger State in 1984 and 28years later he is today the Senate President....

Gov. Murtala Nyako was the governor of Niger State in 1976 and 36years later he is today the Governor of Adamawa State....

Ogbonnaya Onu was governor of Abia State in 1992 and 20years after he is today the National Chairman of ANPP...

Gov. David Jonah Jang was the governor of Benue State in 1985 and 27years after he is today the governor of plateau state....

Martins Elechi the Ebonyi State Governor is over 80 years old!

Only in Nigeria is this possible, where the youth of today have no hope into the future! Where do we go from here??

People Deceive People (PDP), 1985, IBB was the president of Nigeria and our teachers told us that Buhari was the former Head of state.. Our teacher also called us "the leaders of tomorrow".. 27years later, IBB and Buhari are still contesting for Presidency.. Its either our teacher lied to us about being the leaders of tomorrow smh Or tomorrow is yet to come.. Who's fooling who?

Some of us ran out of the country, Obasanjo went abroad chasing them, telling all nations to deport Nigerian youths.

Let's stand and fight for our right coz we are the leaders of Today... Pls let all of us employed and unemployed join forces together in making this dream of ours a reality and fight for the unborn. We can't continue like this....

.... The timidity of the Omnipotent is the commencement of sagacity...

Join the struggle:
"Association of Nigerian Graduates Against Unemployment"
Like us on FB (NAUG), follow us @NaijaGraduates

GBOLAGADE YUSUFF

1 Like

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by MORNDEW(m): 1:38pm On Sep 15, 2013
Politicised already. The one dat traveled by plane hw many ppl has he helped @least to start smal business he has seen dis as an opporutunity to further his political ambition. Wht is constitution doin on it nd pls if u re serios just meet appont leaders nd head for protests. If not i forsee anoda deadly group.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by detunes: 1:39pm On Sep 15, 2013
this is great...Maybe the Government ca use this avenue to reach the unemployed youth....Greatest Nigerians-The Youth
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by ehixking(m): 1:45pm On Sep 15, 2013
MORN DEW: Politicised already. The one dat traveled by plane hw many ppl has he helped @least to start smal business he has seen dis as an opporutunity to further his political ambition. Wht is constitution doin on it nd pls if u re serios just meet appont leaders nd head for protests. If not i forsee anoda deadly group.

If you were taught in school that one plus one is equal to two and u believed
Why can't you believe that everybody has one naira(common sense) and if a million people come together and put each persons one naira(common sense) together it gives a millon(common senses) altogether they can start up something tangible- find solutions to problems
Think
Think and think deep

There was an open invitation to all patrotic citizens employed or not you stayed in the comfort of our house now u blaming someone, a barrister that travelled from Imo to lagos to give his own proffessional views and support(well,God is watching)
So u actually want him to walk from Imo to lagos and back again
Be wise or otherwise

1 Like

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Concept(m): 2:23pm On Sep 15, 2013
May be Nigerian Graduates Association for Employment (NGAE) would be preferred.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Concept(m): 2:32pm On Sep 15, 2013
ehixking: If you where taught in school that one plus one is equal to two and u believed
Think
Think and think deep

My thought. Power of numbers that religion bodies are enjoying. What you cannot achieve as individual will be much easier as a group, especially with uncompromising leadership.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by realteflon(m): 3:12pm On Sep 15, 2013
Yusphull: WHO ARE THE LEADERS OF TOMORROW ?

In 1983, Bamanga Tukur was the Governor of the defunct Gongola State (now Adamawa & Taraba) and 30 years later, he is today the Chairman of the ruling Party, The PDP..

Dr. Bello Halliru was commissioner in the Old Sokoto State (now Sokoto, Kebbi & Zamfara) and 33 years after he is today Minister of Defence....

Major General David Mark(rtd) was the military governor of Niger State in 1984 and 28years later he is today the Senate President....

Gov. Murtala Nyako was the governor of Niger State in 1976 and 36years later he is today the Governor of Adamawa State....

Ogbonnaya Onu was governor of Abia State in 1992 and 20years after he is today the National Chairman of ANPP...

Gov. David Jonah Jang was the governor of Benue State in 1985 and 27years after he is today the governor of plateau state....

Martins Elechi the Ebonyi State Governor is over 80 years old!

Only in Nigeria is this possible, where the youth of today have no hope into the future! Where do we go from here??

People Deceive People (PDP), 1985, IBB was the president of Nigeria and our teachers told us that Buhari was the former Head of state.. Our teacher also called us "the leaders of tomorrow".. 27years later, IBB and Buhari are still contesting for Presidency.. Its either our teacher lied to us about being the leaders of tomorrow smh Or tomorrow is yet to come.. Who's fooling who?

Some of us ran out of the country, Obasanjo went abroad chasing them, telling all nations to deport Nigerian youths.

Let's stand and fight for our right coz we are the leaders of Today... Pls let all of us employed and unemployed join forces together in making this dream of ours a reality and fight for the unborn. We can't continue like this....

.... The timidity of the Omnipotent is the commencement of sagacity...

Join the struggle:
"Association of Nigerian Graduates Against Unemployment"
Like us on FB (NAUG), follow us @NaijaGraduates

GBOLAGADE YUSUFF
Yusuf pls let's correct this. Its not about who has been in office or returned again. It wouldnt happen if we have a good system running. We have a bad system running since we got independent which still continued when democracy came in 1999, which also has given birth to corruption at all levels which in turn created this high level of unemployment and underemployment. If the system was good there would be no need for the movement against unemployment, would it?

I leave you all for the answer.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by sleeky8(m): 3:30pm On Sep 15, 2013
ehixking: I just received a call from Mr christopher epkeyoung (hope I got d spelling) who has a master degree in Educational Management and also his first degree from university of Ibadan(special Education)
He graduated " 5years" ago and has dabble into various businesses....he worked as a primary school teacher in those "Mumu" private primary school(15k per month),taught student lesson in his room, once had a poultry,he tried making pure water,
Why.....No enabling environment
1)He rented a land
2)He has no stable means of power and spends a lot on fuel
3)Roads network to transport his good are bad
4)Government policies ain't working for him
5) Police would extort money from him

This association is his only option
Now I think this is an eye opener for those that keep talking about entrepreneurship
Even in elementary economics,to start up anything we must first put in place
1)Land
2)Capital
3)Labour

Before even talking about entrepreneurship
Do u know what's called risk and uncertainty in business...so if he looses in d long run who bears the risk
Gbam! That is why I will contine to insult those fools that type we should not form this association but should try and start up our own business, how can any business strive in a country where you are a local government on your own I mean you provide "electricity", "water", "security", for yourself Government does nothing for you. People will be quick to mention Dangote that he made it why can't I, and my reply is Dangote had a working loan of 500000 from his uncle in the 80's when the Naira was competing favourably with the Dollar plus the Economy was not messed up as it is now
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by ehixking(m): 3:59pm On Sep 15, 2013
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Yusphull(m): 6:13pm On Sep 15, 2013
real-teflon:

Yusuf pls let's correct this. Its not about who has been in office or returned again. It wouldnt happen if we have a good system running. We have a bad system running since we got independent which still continued when democracy came in 1999, which also has given birth to corruption at all levels which in turn created this high level of unemployment and underemployment. If the system was good there would be no need for the movement against unemployment, would it?

I leave you all for the answer.

You've spoken well " the system is porous "... So what do you think?? We should sit down at the comfort of our house pressing the keyboard or key pad of our phones while we watch them take turn into the government house and later call there wards too, to and come eat out of the national cake like say its there stupid family inheritance...

When do you expect the much needed change to take place Over the night ??

We can't shy away from the fact that the crime committed by our political office holders are "flagrantly blatant " not latent, not secret, not subtle ..huh Which is why we think this association need to see the daylight coz it's aim and objective is to check-mate our governments and put them on their toes to do the right thing because if we don't act now we will still be leaving in there political purgatory....

Don't you wanna make history This is a one in a life time opportunity to right the wrongs of our forefathers so let join forces together and make this country a better place to live and be proud to tell ur children and children children, that I'm a part of the team that work tirelessly in the struggle towards achieving an enabling environment for Nigerian Graduates and youths at large......

#peace
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by fisayobolusere: 6:30pm On Sep 15, 2013
ehixking: If Rape victims,gays and lesbians could come out to voice out their minds,my heart bleeds for those that though jobless finds it difficult to identify with a group with the idea of kicking against unemployment

The desire to form an association that is aimed at kicking against unemployment commenced yesterday in Lagos despite discouragement by some Nigerians who probably might also be jobless yet decides to "package" their problems
They are the CEO's we see on facebook yet they still depend on their parents for recharge cards.

"Ken resides in Delta state yet he came down to Lagos,battled with traffic, slept in a church, had very little for dinner and no breakfast the next morning just to attended the first meeting"

Barrister ikeri okey took a flight from Imo state left his chambers,his family and clients graced the occasion and returned that same day to Imo state,

Oyo-ita effiong came all the way from benin to Lagos despite he's tight schedules
Sanda kayero,John odianose came from Ibadan,olayinka olagunju,
Dammy from Abeokuta Ogun state , Oni Michael from Sango otta ogun state. Just to mention a few.
So many young men and women left their wives,kids and families just to make history
Well,all I can say is nothing but every man would reap according to what he sows!!what else or what more do we want from patriotic Nigerians.

The meeting was held at Unilag sport centre as earlier announced.
It commenced about 10am although we didn't allow the media into the meeting due to the fact that it just the first meeting, offices were assigned to willing and ready member
Posts include(all interim)
National coordinator
Three PRO
Two Secretaries
Four Mobilisation officers
Administrative officers(Facebook,twitter handlers,website and blog managers)

We concluded on 3 names to be forwarded to the cooperate affairs commission as the official name of the Association

Amongst the criteria for registration includes trustees selection(2 each from each geopolitical zones) which we did and hope to contact them
A constitution committee was set aside to work on the constitution and report in 3 weeks
A lot of issues were discussed,resolved,added subtracted and we all saw the meeting as a huge step in achieving a socio-economical height in the nearest future. The National coordinator gave a wonderful opening speech which was like a blueprint on which the hinges of the meeting turned.
We were blessed by the presence of wise and fast thinking individuals
Ayodeji babalola was a great contributor, oyo-ita Effiong indeed is an orator
Ken took everything to another level breaking down plans like he has done the appraisal before,Men were more than women

Oni michael added a whole lot of wisdom and experience to the meeting giving several ideas on how to go about tackling our problems in Nigeria.olagunju olayinka greatly contributed to the motions on ground while
Shomoye Damilola gave the closing remark and the long waited item 7 followed.
And I must mention that am not impressed by the Lagosians turn out....
Nigeria is the only country we have
Youths must stand up because we are the leaders of tomorrow
Its time to come out and claim what's rightfully ours
Let's reason together, we have no money and we don't intend soliciting for money at all,our strength and confidence is in our number
Let come out in mass and let our voices merge into one and speak in onenes. The world must hear our cry and know what we fighting is a for the betterment of all Nigeria unemployed and under employed graduate.
MISSION/VISSION(summary)
NB(still working on the constitution)
Boosting Agriculture and industrialisation,
Ban of any goods that can be produced in Nigeria,
Pushing of memorandum to the house of assembly for the payment of unengaged nigerian graduates,
Influencing government policies to improve the job market for graduates,
kicking against sales of jobs,
Kicking against ambiguous and frivolous criteria for job recruitment eg Age, working experience,Tribalism,state of origin,Language,

Thanks to all those present and those who couldn't make it because the are far away and those who where unavoidably absent..
Thank you guys so much
From the National coordinator
Ehis Abuya

Please can you give email addy and lets create website for the organisation where feedback and contributions can be made. I can help in this regard.....Our mission statement and our demand as Nigerian youth need be itemized and it should include the responsibilities of each tires of govtn. The demand must be simple measurable achievable , realistic as well as tangible.

Togther we can! Can we also have the names been suggested? I suggested a name as well earlier when we started this discussion on the reliability of this association.

God for us all!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Abdullahi Olatoye, The Windscreen Cleaner : A Victim Of Our Lost Humanity / Juju Scare: Should I Quit My Job? / Bank Work Or Bolt Driver?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.