Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) (30988 Views)

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by ehixking(m): 10:13pm On Sep 08, 2013
If Rape victims,gays and lesbians could come out to voice out their minds,my heart bleeds for those that though jobless finds it difficult to identify with a group with the idea of kicking against unemployment

The desire to form an association that is aimed at kicking against unemployment commenced yesterday in Lagos despite discouragement by some Nigerians who probably might also be jobless yet decides to "package" their problems
They are the CEO's we see on facebook yet they still depend on their parents for recharge cards.

"Ken resides in Delta state yet he came down to Lagos,battled with traffic, slept in a church, had very little for dinner and no breakfast the next morning just to attended the first meeting"

Barrister ikeri okey took a flight from Imo state left his chambers,his family and clients graced the occasion and returned that same day to Imo state,

Oyo-ita effiong came all the way from benin to Lagos despite he's tight schedules
Sanda kayero,John odianose came from Ibadan,olayinka olagunju,
Dammy from Abeokuta Ogun state , Oni Michael from Sango otta ogun state. Just to mention a few.
So many young men and women left their wives,kids and families just to make history
Well,all I can say is nothing but every man would reap according to what he sows!!what else or what more do we want from patriotic Nigerians.

The meeting was held at Unilag sport centre as earlier announced.
It commenced about 10am although we didn't allow the media into the meeting due to the fact that it just the first meeting, offices were assigned to willing and ready member
Posts include(all interim)
National coordinator
Three PRO
Two Secretaries
Four Mobilisation officers
Administrative officers(Facebook,twitter handlers,website and blog managers)

We concluded on 3 names to be forwarded to the cooperate affairs commission as the official name of the Association

Amongst the criteria for registration includes trustees selection(2 each from each geopolitical zones) which we did and hope to contact them
A constitution committee was set aside to work on the constitution and report in 3 weeks
A lot of issues were discussed,resolved,added subtracted and we all saw the meeting as a huge step in achieving a socio-economical height in the nearest future. The National coordinator gave a wonderful opening speech which was like a blueprint on which the hinges of the meeting turned.
We were blessed by the presence of wise and fast thinking individuals
Ayodeji babalola was a great contributor, oyo-ita Effiong indeed is an orator
Ken took everything to another level breaking down plans like he has done the appraisal before,Men were more than women

Oni michael added a whole lot of wisdom and experience to the meeting giving several ideas on how to go about tackling our problems in Nigeria.olagunju olayinka greatly contributed to the motions on ground while
Shomoye Damilola gave the closing remark and the long waited item 7 followed.
And I must mention that am not impressed by the Lagosians turn out....
Nigeria is the only country we have
Youths must stand up because we are the leaders of tomorrow
Its time to come out and claim what's rightfully ours
Let's reason together, we have no money and we don't intend soliciting for money at all,our strength and confidence is in our number
Let come out in mass and let our voices merge into one and speak in onenes. The world must hear our cry and know what we fighting is a for the betterment of all Nigeria unemployed and under employed graduate.
MISSION/VISSION(summary)
NB(still working on the constitution)
Boosting Agriculture and industrialisation,
Ban of any goods that can be produced in Nigeria,
Pushing of memorandum to the house of assembly for the payment of unengaged nigerian graduates,
Influencing government policies to improve the job market for graduates,
kicking against sales of jobs,
Kicking against ambiguous and frivolous criteria for job recruitment eg Age, working experience,Tribalism,state of origin,Language,

Thanks to all those present and those who couldn't make it because the are far away and those who where unavoidably absent..
Thank you guys so much
From the National coordinator
Ehis Abuya

161 Likes

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by mkoabiola: 10:44pm On Sep 08, 2013
Hmmmmm!wat a bold step!

3 Likes

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by bot101(m): 10:44pm On Sep 08, 2013
Hope this turns out to be a strong and effective association

4 Likes

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by wasak(m): 11:19pm On Sep 08, 2013
keep the flag flying... posterity will never forget u...

4 Likes

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by 1stOracle(m): 11:29pm On Sep 08, 2013
We will do this with a united mind-set and employ all arsenals within our disposal, involving all who,s liverpool to kick against ill inter milan or hidden chelsea. I pray it works for us all, I mean
D nigerian foes.

3 Likes

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by realteflon(m): 11:32pm On Sep 08, 2013
At the end of it all a protest is what will get those whom we elected to listen to unemployed graduate. Look at militants today they are all enjoying N75,000 daily for nothing and they say Nigeria don't have money
Good move in good direction by those who meet yesterday.

12 Likes

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Merkki(f): 12:24am On Sep 09, 2013
That's nice. Yo! That's the spirit, unemployed people. Keep the flag flying.

Registration with CAC? Ahn ahn. I hope it will be a listed company so we can buy shares. Thumbs up!

2 Likes

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by nadico(m): 12:58am On Sep 09, 2013
a very bold step. congrats to all that made to the meeting. no matter what I still believe that change can only happen in this country thru the youths. more grease to your elbows.

6 Likes

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by sheyishay: 6:43am On Sep 09, 2013
Oh !I really Appreciate the brainchild behind this laudable idea.I hope the unemployed youth, will key into this movement and through it, Nigerian govt will here their plight!

1 Like

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by ehixking(m): 4:50pm On Sep 09, 2013
Our website is 80% done
Articles and suggestions are still welcomed
Thanks
N.C
(Ehis Abuya)

1 Like

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by oubi: 9:12pm On Sep 09, 2013
With reference to the minute of the last meeting.

[size=14pt]I carefully read thru with glint of smile and accomplishment glaring through my face and heart.
I know it wasn't an easy move as the first step is usually the hardest but all thanks to God for haven made it a success.
The out come of the meeting is a huge success beyond my expectation considering the listed accomplishments. Kudos to all who aided it directly or indirectly.
[/size]

However I still suggest for a slight change in the "name" cos from my observation, its a huge turn-off as most interested persons wouldn't want to identify with such as it is.
The facebook page has less than 1000 persons and most interested individuals wouldn't want to like the page so it dos'nt send notifications to their timeline where the world could see it. The general notion about "unemployment" is joblessnes and most people wouldn't want to be stigmatised with such and the pity that comes with it.
So please mr ehis abuya (national co-ordinator) do look into it.

Thanks.

28 Likes

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by treasureboy: 11:02pm On Sep 09, 2013
Great innovations plus great moves. From the organisation's name, the vision is clear, but i hv not yet picture ur mission. How do you intend to actualise this noble vision?

2 Likes

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by zogo(m): 11:10pm On Sep 09, 2013
ehixking: Our website is 80% done
Articles and suggestions are still welcomed
Thanks
N.C
(Ehis Abuya)

You got a gr8 project here bro, your vision is clear, but u hv got to work on ur mission. The success of this project will greatly depend on ur mission. Hw do u intend to actualise ur goal? Design it, state it clearly. Write it down

I see you @ the top!

1 Like

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by ehixking(m): 6:22am On Sep 12, 2013
Twitter handle is out let's us all follow nigerian gradutes
@naijagraduates
@naijagraduates
@naijagraduates

5 Likes

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by SassyPearl(f): 7:00am On Sep 12, 2013
Association of Unemployed Graduates; Kudos! To all you who were able to attend the meetin. Kudos! to all those who supported this beautiful initiative with words of encouragement, prayers and all kinds of support, but were unavoidably absent at the first meeting..That,s way to go, i must add. With the Association, aleast those graduates who are marginalized due to HND certificates and 3rd class will have some breath of fresh air.

1 Like

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by olabagro: 12:27am On Sep 13, 2013
kudos to u guys keep the good work up

2 Likes

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by ehixking(m): 3:24pm On Sep 13, 2013
I can still remember very vividly a song we used to sing back then in church............

"Faith of our fathers, living still,
In spite of dungeon, fire and sword;
O how our hearts beat high with joy
Whenever we hear that glorious Word!"

This is the songs our children would sing for us if we can fight these evil called unemployment
By asking to be productive in our society
We are indirectly asking the government to be responsible,transparent and accountable to its citizens
Malaysia used to be unproductive and economic activity was really nothing to write home about in fact Nigeria donated to them their first Palm tree
Why can't we ask them how they made it that far in just a couple of years!
Did they achieve that while corruption was still the other of the day?
Did their government keep encouraging entrepreneurship without enabling environment?
...today they import palm oil into Nigeria
Let's think about making nigeria into a highly productive and industrialised economy
Let's involve the youth in mechanised agriculture
Word on the streets
(government should take note)
"Make una dey chop una oye(oil) money just give us peanut make we take am plant cocoa and cassava"
National Coordinator in the struggle against unemployment in Nigeria
Ehis ABUYA

4 Likes

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by PStacks(m): 9:20pm On Sep 13, 2013
Nawa for waec oo! Nawa for nigeria mehn!
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 13, 2013
Good one.

1 Like

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Mubby4luv(m): 9:21pm On Sep 13, 2013
Sum1 plz help me summarize .
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 13, 2013
Shame to the devil and to the shameless leaders of this nation. This association has come to stay. Together, we shall reach there!

2 Likes

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Hackerjay(m): 9:28pm On Sep 13, 2013
Wao... <br/> Interestin [/br] story [br/]oooo </br>
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Nobody: 9:28pm On Sep 13, 2013
With perseverance and gusto comes success. I wish you success

1 Like

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Musicdope: 9:31pm On Sep 13, 2013
Intresting stories in deed ......i rather smile with this new offer from dopes...... https://www.nairaland.com/1438246/free-promotion-management-upcommers
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by omode2(m): 9:31pm On Sep 13, 2013
pls focus on agriculture dts d future of Nigeria. Lets come down frm our high horse and face reality. Push for grants frm d gov for self employment. Bt hope individual ambition will nt kill ur plans.

3 Likes

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by LMAyedun(m): 9:31pm On Sep 13, 2013
Bold step.. Sadly, I couldn't make it.
God help us.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Sijo01(f): 9:32pm On Sep 13, 2013
incredible!!!
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by holycup(m): 9:32pm On Sep 13, 2013
A bold step indeed!am in my brothers,we couldn't make it bcs of scarcity of funds and far distance.
LONg LIVE NIGERIA!
LONG LIVE NIGERIA GRADUATES!

1 Like

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Davo93(m): 9:32pm On Sep 13, 2013
Nawa o... God will help you guys BUT my strong warning or let me say advice is that you should not attempt to politicize your struggle else it will fall flat. #MyOneCent

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Abdullahi Olatoye, The Windscreen Cleaner : A Victim Of Our Lost Humanity / Juju Scare: Should I Quit My Job? / Bank Work Or Bolt Driver?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.