Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,041 members, 7,799,525 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) (30984 Views)

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Akiika: 3:01am On Sep 14, 2013
The first thing on your agenda is to request for unemployment benefit from the Govt. All Nigerian in the labor market with proven skill or qualification should be paid monthly stipend until they get job. You all don't have to become militants before you get paid.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by olufemi659: 3:17am On Sep 14, 2013
There's no any association nt available in dis niger again God shld deliver us.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Nobody: 3:38am On Sep 14, 2013
Nice one,but i jst think the focus should be on unemployed graduate cos underemployment is too much of a fight to embarck in naija. Kudos!

1 Like

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Liadi2(m): 3:39am On Sep 14, 2013
I want to suggest that the meeting shouldn't be only in lagos all the time.

1 Like

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by ehixking(m): 3:41am On Sep 14, 2013
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by adexpa(m): 3:54am On Sep 14, 2013
i will say a big kudos n a great did to all dat attended,may ur passion for d bettterment of dis nation not be in lost.i use dis channel to appeal to we absentees to try n make a bold steps in corporatin with dos dat made dis first meetin n i wish d next meet shall be a great turnarround........long live nigeria youths.......long live nairalanders.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by laughterclub(m): 4:00am On Sep 14, 2013
NIGER DELTA UNEMPLOYED GRADUATE ASSOCIATION{NDUGA} NAIJA IS TOO BIG,HAUSA,YORUBA,IGBO'S SHOULD FIGHT ALONE.I HATE PPL USING PPL TO MK MONI.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by eazylifer(m): 4:33am On Sep 14, 2013
This may actually be the step in actualizing the Nigerian dream. Keep it rolling guys...

1 Like

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by mykel25(m): 6:13am On Sep 14, 2013
oubi: With reference to the minute of the last meeting.

[size=14pt]I carefully read thru with glint of smile and accomplishment glaring through my face and heart.
I know it wasn't an easy move as the first step is usually the hardest but all thanks to God for haven made it a success.
The out come of the meeting is a huge success beyond my expectation considering the listed accomplishments. Kudos to all who aided it directly or indirectly.
[/size]

However I still suggest for a slight change in the "name" cos from my observation, its a huge turn-off as most interested persons wouldn't want to identify with such as it is.
The facebook page has less than 1000 persons and most interested individuals wouldn't want to like the page so it dos'nt send notifications to their timeline where the world could see it. The general notion about "unemployment" is joblessnes and most people wouldn't want to be stigmatised with such and the pity that comes with it.
So please mr ehis abuya (national co-ordinator) do look into it.

Thanks.
that's the fact, i suggest it shd be an association to kick against unemployment and under employment, so that human right practitioners and some individuals can join in diz race....thanks

1 Like

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by idu1(m): 6:14am On Sep 14, 2013
Merkki: That's nice. Yo! That's the spirit, unemployed people. Keep the flag flying.

Registration with CAC? Ahn ahn. I hope it will be a listed company so we can buy shares. Thumbs up!
u better talk sense and dnt b silly!
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by adeboolusegun(m): 6:32am On Sep 14, 2013
waooo dis is incredible...bad feelings and i regret of not ve made ito unilag. i will jst wana pounda on a fact,( no political or selfish or person benefit attachmnt). All thos who were chosen as d leaders nd great idealist of dis forum shoud avoid any tricks from the politician because wen we re nt unitd,we fall down flat.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by omenka(m): 6:32am On Sep 14, 2013
If properly handled, this could turn into one huge civil society that would dwarf SNG, and become a major factor in who gets elected into what position. Nice one guys.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 14, 2013
Davo93: Nawa o... God will help you guys BUT my strong warning or let me say advice is that you should not attempt to politicize your
struggle else it will fall flat. #MyOneCent

publicise and it will fall flat how? Pls explain!
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Nobody: 7:06am On Sep 14, 2013
Afritop: I hope our govt and the inspector general of police will not see this as an act of rebellion

Rebellion ko, revolution ni. Are they not themselvs rebels to Nigeria as a nation?
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by betrani(m): 7:20am On Sep 14, 2013
Nice to knw people are working to get the attention of our leaders to the plight of the unemployed! People say unemployement is joblessness! I wish to ask how? And who says every unemployed graduate is lazy? If government does not provide a kick-off opportunity for those who don't have d support of anyone, how do they begin? The mare fact a lone that the interested unemployed in this group took this step shows they actually want to contribute to d betterment of the society! Should people keep quiet and let monies be spent on irrelevant things instead of creating employement? No! I once started something like this! I called it "THE BLUE INITIATIVE" it never saw d light of the day because I felt I would be termed jobless! I had written a blue print for it! Tthere was a moto for it as well! But I couldn't fight further cos I didn't try! Now I'm regretting! People would have been saved before now!
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Ninapha(f): 7:24am On Sep 14, 2013
Ehis, i salute ur courage and wish the struggle a fruitful life. Here are my suggestion:
NAUG gives the association a closed edge. If one gets enployed, dat makes him a no-more memebr so, i suggest a name along,Nigerian youth struggle against unemployment and under-employment wd give more room and specific mission cause.

Put in ur plan, to schedule the next meeting outsude lagos, this wd help to bring national status to the stuggle.

1 Like

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 14, 2013
real-teflon:
At the end of it all a protest is what will get those whom we elected to listen to unemployed graduate. Look at militants today they are all enjoying N75,000 daily for nothing and they say Nigeria don't have money
Good move in good direction by those who meet yesterday.

N75000 daily?? you must think government is daft,....... get your fact right
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by ignis: 7:30am On Sep 14, 2013
ehixking: Our website is 80% done
Articles and suggestions are still welcomed
Thanks
N.C
(Ehis Abuya)
Nice job....
More grease to your elbow.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 14, 2013
Opiosko: Fools

I have said this before and still says it, the only jobs or wealth that will be created will be for those who will run the so called association. you claim unemployment but don't need donations and can afford to build a website,hmmmmm where is the money coming from
this is another ingenuous way by some people to take advantage of high level of unemployment in Nigeria to deceive some people...... this even smacks of opposition agenda to diatabilize GEJ

don't get me wrong I'm a victim of the sysytem too and have long years of experience as an unemployed graduate, and I know forming this association is not the way....

you guys will soon wake up from this deep slumber
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by mykel25(m): 7:41am On Sep 14, 2013
Ehixking pls post ur number, there's something important to discuss
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 14, 2013
ojimbo: I trust igbo boys nah, this kind of issue has nothing to do with them, rather they will carry drugs enter asian countries, if you call yourself a graduate, why cant you create job for yourself or did you had an agreement with nigeria that once you graduate that there must be a job awaiting for you? As for me, am planning of forming hustlers association

national association of Nigerian hustlers
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by 4C2215131: 7:57am On Sep 14, 2013
oubi: With reference to the minute of the last meeting.

[size=14pt]I carefully read thru with glint of smile and accomplishment glaring through my face and heart.
I know it wasn't an easy move as the first step is usually the hardest but all thanks to God for haven made it a success.
The out come of the meeting is a huge success beyond my expectation considering the listed accomplishments. Kudos to all who aided it directly or indirectly.
[/size]

However I still suggest for a slight change in the "name" cos from my observation, its a huge turn-off as most interested persons wouldn't want to identify with such as it is.
The facebook page has less than 1000 persons and most interested individuals wouldn't want to like the page so it dos'nt send notifications to their timeline where the world could see it. The general notion about "unemployment" is joblessnes and most people wouldn't want to be stigmatised with such and the pity that comes with it.
So please mr ehis abuya (national co-ordinator) do look into it.

Thanks.

Laudable move and it'd resonate more with people if the NAME of the association is changed. As ironical as it may seem,most unemployed people don't like being seen and addressed in such light. It does something to the psyche. The name as it is presently might be a turn off to some and a joke to others.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Happywoman(f): 7:57am On Sep 14, 2013
This is good. When life gives u lemons...
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by ruemu(m): 7:59am On Sep 14, 2013
OP and associate just got job..... Smart move... # All Do something with what you have....
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by 4C2215131: 8:00am On Sep 14, 2013
Ninapha: Ehis, i salute ur courage and wish the struggle a fruitful life. Here are my suggestion:
NAUG gives the association a closed edge. If one gets enployed, dat makes him a no-more memebr so, i suggest a name along,Nigerian youth struggle against unemployment and under-employment wd give more room and specific mission cause.

Put in ur plan, to schedule the next meeting outsude lagos, this wd help to bring national status to the stuggle.

Nice suggestion you have there miss in regards to the constitution...you get a job,you're delisted as a member. Nice one.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Samokprpty: 8:05am On Sep 14, 2013
Let me ask 2 questionssad1) what is the criteria to be a member? (2)If a member gets employed afterwards, will he still be a member?

1 Like

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by 4C2215131: 8:07am On Sep 14, 2013
lookooman:

I have said this before and still says it, the only jobs or wealth that will be created will be for those who will run the so called association. you claim unemployment but don't need donations and can afford to build a website,hmmmmm where is the money coming from
this is another ingenuous way by some people to take advantage of high level of unemployment in Nigeria to deceive some people...... this even smacks of opposition agenda to diatabilize GEJ

don't get me wrong I'm a victim of the sysytem too and have long years of experience as an unemployed graduate, and I know forming this association is not the way....

you guys will soon wake up from this deep slumber

You may have a point in regards to only association members eventually having jobs an opinion which I believe is informed by the trend of things in Nigeria. Start off with a laudable cause,get what you want and compromise established principles that engendered the cause in the first instance.
We've seen it happen time and again in Nigerian associations fighting for emancipation be it from marginalisation,ethnicity,and the like.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Abdullahi Olatoye, The Windscreen Cleaner : A Victim Of Our Lost Humanity / 7 Industries And Career Fields For Comfortable Living In Nigeria / 6 Careers That Will Be Extinct In 10 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.