Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,097 members, 7,807,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

New PDP’ Governors, Obasanjo, Others Shun Post Convention Dinner - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New PDP’ Governors, Obasanjo, Others Shun Post Convention Dinner (18023 Views)

Probe Babangida, Abdulsalami, Obasanjo, Others Security Votes,pdp Tells Buhari / Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency / Saraki, Oyinlola, Obasanjo, Others In Closed-Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

New PDP’ Governors, Obasanjo, Others Shun Post Convention Dinner by Clerverly: 11:21pm On Sep 08, 2013
All the seven governors who walked out of last week’s Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Special National Convention at the Eagles Square Abuja were absent on Sunday at the party’s post convention dinner which held at the Banquet Hall of the State House, Abuja.

President Goodluck Jonathan, Vice President Namadi Sambo and other Bamanga Tukur-led PDP leaders attended the dinner.

PREMIUM TIMES had reported on Friday that the dissident governors and former Vice President Atiku Abubakar were invited to the dinner despite their walking out of the convention venue and setting up a parallel PDP faction.

A source at the PDP secretariat had informed PREMIUM TIMES that invitations to the event were extended to the governors as part of the ongoing reconciliation efforts.

Thr PDP crisis had worsened on Saturday as policemen sealed off the secretariat of the ‘new PDP’ in Abuja; while security details of some of their officials including that of the faction’s national chairman, Abubakar Baraje, were also withdrawn.

When contacted, Atiku Abubakar’s spokesperson, Garba Shehu, said the former vice president travelled to China. He could not confirm if the former vice president was invited to the dinner, saying such “invitations are usually sent to his residence”.

Also, despite the fact that a cultural troupe from Niger State entertained the gathering, a source close to Governor Babangida Aliyu of Niger said over the phone that the governor did not attend the event because he was not invited.

The spokesperson of the PDP, Olisa Metuh, did not respond to PREMIUM TIMES phone calls and text message inquiry on whether the governors were invited or not.

However the 16 governors loyal to President Goodluck Jonathan and embattled PDP Chairman, Bamanga Tukur, were present; although some like Gabriel Suswam of Benue were represented by their deputies.

Also, former Nigerian leaders, Olusegun Obasanjo and Ibrahim Babangida, who tried to broker some sort of truce between the two PDP factions, did not attend the dinner.

PREMIUM TIMES had reported how Mr. Jonathan had in a private meeting blamed Mr. Obasanjo for the PDP crisis. Mr. Obasanjo has since publicly, along with other PDP elders, made efforts to resolve the disputes between the two PDP factions.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/144366-new-pdp-governors-obasanjo-others-shun-post-convention-dinner.html

Re: New PDP’ Governors, Obasanjo, Others Shun Post Convention Dinner by Danhumprey: 11:55pm On Sep 08, 2013
How do you expect them to honour the invitation when GEJ has been pursuing obnoxious policies targetted at making life difficult for them?

1 Like

Re: New PDP’ Governors, Obasanjo, Others Shun Post Convention Dinner by theoctopus: 12:51am On Sep 09, 2013
It is a blessing that they didnt attend. Who needs them?

7 Likes

Re: New PDP’ Governors, Obasanjo, Others Shun Post Convention Dinner by jmaine: 1:09am On Sep 09, 2013
It wasn't even meant for those invalids

4 Likes

Re: New PDP’ Governors, Obasanjo, Others Shun Post Convention Dinner by Brimmie(m): 1:21am On Sep 09, 2013
See Channels TV Mic.. Those Guys Are Everywhere!!

Baba, Teach Dt Kindergarteen Boy Politics Biko!! cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: New PDP’ Governors, Obasanjo, Others Shun Post Convention Dinner by seunfly: 4:16am On Sep 09, 2013
Attend dinner and die.

1 Like

Re: New PDP’ Governors, Obasanjo, Others Shun Post Convention Dinner by ckkris: 6:48am On Sep 09, 2013
Danhumprey: How do you expect them to honour the invitation when GEJ has been pursuing obnoxious policies targetted at making life difficult for them?
Oh. When will Buhari be hosting Boko Harem dinner for Senator Ndume, the r6, and the rest of them?

5 Likes

Re: New PDP’ Governors, Obasanjo, Others Shun Post Convention Dinner by albiol: 6:59am On Sep 09, 2013
If APC doesn't utilise this opportunity then they are not worthy of being a strong opposition #pdpincrisis #dancing skelewu
Re: New PDP’ Governors, Obasanjo, Others Shun Post Convention Dinner by godello: 8:04am On Sep 09, 2013
Make meriments for the nPDP you see today you shall see them no more.

1 Like

Re: New PDP’ Governors, Obasanjo, Others Shun Post Convention Dinner by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:09am On Sep 09, 2013
jmaine: It wasn't even meant for those invalids
jamiu jamiu...dnt u see u are the invalid here? grin

Why were u not invited?

The truth is reversed:

1. U sent invitation to someone because u biliv they are important..

2. They reject d honor because u are not so important!

So tell me, apart from u, jamiu the online ranter, grin who are the real invalids in this dinner context?

grin

13 Likes

Re: New PDP’ Governors, Obasanjo, Others Shun Post Convention Dinner by tyson99(m): 8:18am On Sep 09, 2013
SLIDE waxie: jamiu jamiu...dnt u see u are the invalid here? grin

Why were u not invited?

The truth is reversed:

So tell me, apart from u, jamiu the online ranter, grin who are the real invalids in this dinner context?

grin
Am sorry for dis but walai u dey craze,u dey call jamiu like say na em ancestors dey call am grin

2 Likes

Re: New PDP’ Governors, Obasanjo, Others Shun Post Convention Dinner by jmaine: 8:26am On Sep 09, 2013

Why were u not invited?

The truth is reversed:

grin

It doesn't bother me when un-informed folks call me Jamiu cos its very far from my name. So ride on bruv, you are permitted grin.

Did the absence of the invalids stop the event which was beamed live on NTA ?.

If your answer is no. Then you need go sit on the bench cos your current mastvbation of the absence of those dissident invalids is futile.

How will people expect them to attend the dinner of their bosses who just bruised their face by closing down their renegade and illegal office grin.

Are you a learner ? undecided

11 Likes

Re: New PDP’ Governors, Obasanjo, Others Shun Post Convention Dinner by Joyfullyme: 8:33am On Sep 09, 2013
Danhumprey: How do you expect them to honour the invitation when GEJ has been pursuing obnoxious policies targetted at making life difficult for them?
And they have been making policies targeted at making life difficult for him.
If your action causes a reaction, Do not complain.

4 Likes

Re: New PDP’ Governors, Obasanjo, Others Shun Post Convention Dinner by jmaine: 8:34am On Sep 09, 2013
Joyfullyme:
And they have been making policies targeted at making life difficult for him.
If your action causes a reaction, Do not complain.

You dey mind them. . .

1 Like

Re: New PDP’ Governors, Obasanjo, Others Shun Post Convention Dinner by seanet02: 8:44am On Sep 09, 2013
Only an ediot will send an invitation to an 'invalid'
And yes, only a monumental ediot or JAMIU will come here to rant about such ediocy
Re: New PDP’ Governors, Obasanjo, Others Shun Post Convention Dinner by bestman09(m): 9:00am On Sep 09, 2013
Is this the first time that Atiku is walking out on PDP? He will surely come back begging for the cover of the umbrella very soon when the rain and sun of Nigeria politics would have dealt with him.

4 Likes

Re: New PDP’ Governors, Obasanjo, Others Shun Post Convention Dinner by Jaideyone(m): 9:07am On Sep 09, 2013

Why were u not invited?

The truth is reversed:

grin
Walahi ogun n gbo U are wicked grin please leave jamiu alone o. Lmao
Re: New PDP’ Governors, Obasanjo, Others Shun Post Convention Dinner by FunnyPikincom(m): 9:12am On Sep 09, 2013
Hmmmm
Re: New PDP’ Governors, Obasanjo, Others Shun Post Convention Dinner by jmaine: 9:33am On Sep 09, 2013
SeeDunce: Only an ediot will send an invitation to an 'invalid'
And yes, only a monumental ediot or JAMIU will come here to rant about such ediocy

SeeDunce . . . I ask your fellow mongrel if the absence of the renegade invalids stopped or affected the success of the dinner that was aired live on TV.

Answer me and proof to us once again the futility of mastvbating over nothing.

P:S : Lolz at Jamiu . . . Only Kingoflag calls me by real name which reflects on my moniker grin

4 Likes

Re: New PDP’ Governors, Obasanjo, Others Shun Post Convention Dinner by aljharem(m): 9:40am On Sep 09, 2013
Even benue just sent his deputy. Lol Nassarawa was not even present so where are the middle belters ?

No niger
No kwara
No Nassarawa
benue sent deputy
No taraba

So where is the middle belt........ Smh

1 Like

Re: New PDP’ Governors, Obasanjo, Others Shun Post Convention Dinner by jmaine: 9:49am On Sep 09, 2013
alj harem: Even benue just sent his deputy. Lol Nassarawa was not even present so where are the middle belters ?

No niger
No kwara
No Nassarawa
benue sent deputy
No taraba

So where is the middle belt........ Smh

My man Alj Harem with falling of hands again sad . .

Your over emphasis on Nasarawa rubbishes your attempt here . . grin

4 Likes

Re: New PDP’ Governors, Obasanjo, Others Shun Post Convention Dinner by aljharem(m): 9:54am On Sep 09, 2013
jmaine:

My man Alj Harem with falling of hands again sad . .
Lol
Your over on [b]Nasarawa[/b]State rubbishes your attempt here . . grin

Lol my friend how do you see this current administration.

One question, why is the ethnic card so much in display during gej ?

the north must not rule but what of better candidate ? Will we as Nigerians deny ourselves of democracy ?
Re: New PDP’ Governors, Obasanjo, Others Shun Post Convention Dinner by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 09, 2013
jmaine: It wasn't even meant for those invalids

Never mind the antics of the G7 governors, in quieter moments, even you must admit that it looks pretty bad for the Tukur-faction when big guns likes Obasanjo, David Mark and Aminu Tambuwal exempt themselves from an august occasion like this. cool

Source

1 Like

Re: New PDP’ Governors, Obasanjo, Others Shun Post Convention Dinner by jmaine: 9:59am On Sep 09, 2013
alj harem:

Lol my friend how do you see this current administration.

One question, why is the ethnic card so much in display during gej ?

the north must not rule but what of better candidate ? Will we as Nigerians deny ourselves of democracy ?

May the best candidate win, rather than the current harassment that a particular section which happens to be the North must rule . .

Give me a sound candidate at the polls and I will gladly vote him/her.

But if we should have a pool of people who feel their only qualification is to enforce a sort of hegemony despite having loads of accompanying baggage. I will gladly chose a lesser evil ala 2011 . .

2 Likes

Re: New PDP’ Governors, Obasanjo, Others Shun Post Convention Dinner by jmaine: 10:09am On Sep 09, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Never mind the antics of the G7 governors, in quieter moments, even you must admit that it looks pretty bad for the Tukur-faction when big guns likes Obasanjo, David Mark and Aminu Tambuwal exempt themselves from an august occasion like this. cool

Source

I will address the OBJ part first cos he is the major player . .

OBJ the peace maker tongue is predictably absent cos he has to be seen as been non partisan to both feuding group even though we know he is not clean grin

Tambuwal is a known rebel , so his absence is also predictable. He is the most independent minded of the bunch grin

Mark absence is the only suspicious situation if ever there was one . So let's just accept his excuse and give him the benefit of doubt.
Re: New PDP’ Governors, Obasanjo, Others Shun Post Convention Dinner by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:14am On Sep 09, 2013
jmaine:

It doesn't bother me when un-informed folks call me Jamiu cos its very far from my name. So ride on bruv, you are permitted grin.

Did the absence of the invalids stop the event which was beamed live on NTA ?.

If your answer is no. Then you need go sit on the bench cos your current mastvbation of the absence of those dissident invalids is futile.

How will people expect them to attend the dinner of their bosses who just bruised their face by closing down their renegade and illegal office grin.

Are you a learner ? undecided

jamiu, i don't get ur point here!

1. NTA is a TV station expected to transmit event, right? So, NTA transmitting this is so special, how?

2. Why were they invited in the first place if they were not needed there? And why did the report say, '...abt the ongoing reconciliation...' In relation to their invitation and absence? So, why were they invited?

3. Use logic, if u eva possess one..
i. Why wld u SEND an invitation to someone? Are they really not important?

ii. Why wld they decline it? Are u really dt important to them?

4. Why are u-jamiu, not invited? How imporatnt are u to the meeting in progress?

Jamiu...go learn simple logic!
It's not hard, u knw?

1 Like

Re: New PDP’ Governors, Obasanjo, Others Shun Post Convention Dinner by seanet02: 10:17am On Sep 09, 2013
Jejelogo:

SeeDunce . . . I ask your fellow mongrel if the absence of the renegade invalids stopped or affected the success of the dinner that was aired live on TV.

Answer me and proof to us once again the futility of mastvbating over nothing.

P:S : Lolz at Jamiu . . . Only Kingoflag calls me by real name which reflects on my moniker grin
mumu. Why did you extend invitations to 'invalid' if you have not been an ediot?
You no dey carry last. Jejelogo
Re: New PDP’ Governors, Obasanjo, Others Shun Post Convention Dinner by seanet02: 10:20am On Sep 09, 2013
SLIDE waxie: jamiu, i don't get ur point here!

1. NTA is a TV station expected to transmit event, right? So, NTA transmitting this is so special, how?

2. Why were they invited in the first place if they were not needed there? And why did the report say, '...abt the ongoing reconciliation...' In relation to their invitation and absence? So, why were they invited?

4. Why are u-jamiu, not invited? How imporatnt are u to the meeting in progress?

It's not hard, u knw?
Jejelogo is a nonentity. A persona non grata. Wetin he wan go do for such place
Re: New PDP’ Governors, Obasanjo, Others Shun Post Convention Dinner by jmaine: 10:28am On Sep 09, 2013
SLIMY Wasiu: jamiu, i don't get ur point here!

4. Why are u not invited? How imporatnt are u to the meeting in progress?

It's not hard, u knw?

How will you get my points when your exhibiting intentional mischief.

1) It is very important cos the event was beamed live to all, and it was a success even with the absence of the invalids. No one missed them.

The live airing of the event will dispel all reporting nuisances that might arise.

2) The current dissenting invalids are still PDP members until they decamp, so it isn't out of place to also extend same to them, even though the event was meant for the prevailing valid majority who hosted a successful convention grin

3) The declination of the invalids was expected, and they were not missed. It's a personal decision of theirs to be absent, the party did the right thing to send invitation to all senior party members irrespective of their current standing.

4) I don't need to be invited to know when to tell peeps who spew crap consistently to nip it sharply. . .

5) You need to go back to the basics and learn . . You came out too weak . . embarassed

2 Likes

Re: New PDP’ Governors, Obasanjo, Others Shun Post Convention Dinner by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:30am On Sep 09, 2013
bestman09: Is this the first time that Atiku is walking out on PDP? He will surely come back begging for the cover of the umbrella very soon when the rain and sun of Nigeria politics would have dealt with him.
be reasonable:

1. If u sell pure water, and someone opens a beer parlour beside u..u wldnt av mind..
If it were a borehole water, providing cold ones too..u will fear! U might call NAFDAC under the GUISE OF A PATROTIC CITIZEN and say u wanna report a man that sells contaminated water!!! Where as, u are simply protectin ur sales!
But if the borehole man aint sellind it..and you urself even source there, u won't bother o!

What i am sayin is:

Is the new PDP faction a treat?

2. if a man buys from u, and leaves to buy elsewhere..and comes back to u, why accept his patronage! Why not get angry and tell him off? Do u really need his patronage? Does it mean something to u? If he definitely aint buying in large scale, u wld av told him off in the first place!

What i am sayin is:
If Atiku won't make a difference, why acceptin him back after his adulterous adventures? Why fight him now that he is leaving again?

According to the illustration of the sales man whose customers alwys leave...if u chose to fight the customer this time for leaving..
Does it mean he can't leave now? Do u really need his patronage now? Do u badly need him to stay now that sales aint like before? Or is it that ur next neighbour is threatening ur sales and u need all the customers u can get?

Why not leave Atiku to be? Na today he dey go? Why fighting him this time?

2 Likes

Re: New PDP’ Governors, Obasanjo, Others Shun Post Convention Dinner by jmaine: 10:35am On Sep 09, 2013
SeeDunce: mumu. Why did you extend invitations to 'invalid' if you have not been an ediot?
You no dey carry last. Jejelogo

SeeDunce, your compatriot SLIMY WASIU is a way better debater than your demented self.

So kindly leave the arena for your betters . .No offense cool
Re: New PDP’ Governors, Obasanjo, Others Shun Post Convention Dinner by nuclearboy(m): 10:47am On Sep 09, 2013
jmaine:

May the best candidate win, rather than the current harassment that a particular section which happens to be the North must rule . .

Give me a sound candidate at the polls and I will gladly vote him/her.

But if we should have a pool of people who feel their only qualification is to enforce a sort of hegemony despite having loads of accompanying baggage. I will gladly chose a lesser evil ala 2011 . .

What if the "rebel" 7 (?) field Amaechi against Jonathan? Who will you choose?

1. Amaechi is SS + Igbo
2. His word can be trusted
3. He is a performer
4. He'll carry along Urhobo, Itsekiri, Ikwerre etc
5. He does NOT believe militants should get 65K whist graduates roam the streets
6. He is NOT divisive as evidenced by feeling its only fair to allow another ethnicity have Rivers governorship after him!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Asaba Central Hospital And State Library Complex Projects By Okowa / President Buhari Receives President Adama Barrow Of Gambia / Buhari's UK Trip: PDP Asks National Assembly To Avert Constitutional Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.