Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,665 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night (31440 Views)

Child Bride In Yemen Dies Of Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night / 11Year Old Yemeni Girl Nada Al-Ahdal Flees Home To Avoid Forced Marriage (VIDEO) / An 11-year-old Yemeni Girl On Child Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by highmood(m): 7:16pm On Sep 09, 2013
cry pkele, nndo. Who give the girl out. Shey the people wey de lash at the groom no see am before everything resulted to death? Who be the relatives shef? ( ego na ekwu) if na Ibo Dem go say him don use am do blood money. Wetin kon be that? shocked
Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by phreakabit(m): 7:47pm On Sep 09, 2013
Freaking child pokers. . . .All of them!. . . . I guess its not a sin, as long as it is endorsed in their ''holy book".
Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by Deyo2013(f): 8:15pm On Sep 09, 2013
mazizi tonene: Make una telll yerima

Eyah! Somebody should give me Yerima's e-mail address & his cronies in the Senate too, so that I can forward this to them. Bloody animals they are!

RIP to the poor girl.
Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by MistadeRegal(m): 8:16pm On Sep 09, 2013
CASTRATE THAT NIGGA!! AND I MEAN NOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!!
Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 09, 2013
grin grin I go just finish am

1 Like

Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by dohiswill: 8:39pm On Sep 09, 2013
phoneport: Which Religion Approved this type of Act??
GUESS?
no need of guessing dude every body knows that its only in muhamedism that such irrational, beast like behavior is practice. Sleeping with under age girl! ah see wickedness, are there not matured ladies you can marry. Even if it is written in quran as u claim cant u think?
Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by andyanders: 8:41pm On Sep 09, 2013
They should send this message to the senate and present it to Yerima and his friends who ra=pe children
Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by plasmadocument: 8:52pm On Sep 09, 2013
Seriously did this happen or its a fabricated story?
Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 09, 2013
So saddening.
Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by lafiask: 9:19pm On Sep 09, 2013
Why is every body ranting yerima, pls let us understand that yerima did not support child marriage what he supported was early marriage for matured girls as prescribed by islam, and if u wish to know it is not compulsory for girls/boys to marry immediatly when they become matured, and there is nothing like compulsory marriage in islam the girl's conscient should be sort first to assertain agreement btw them. What happen in yemen is a total deviation from what islam prescribed so it shd be condemned.
Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by AbiolaFolajimi: 9:38pm On Sep 09, 2013
Too horrible!RIP innocent child,I wish Nigerians will learn frm this.
Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by chronique(m): 9:49pm On Sep 09, 2013
Too weak and shocked to talk. Is it that I'm the one who doesn't have sense or it's some people who are chronicly and unrepentantly stupid? How do you marry an 8 years old child whose body and mind hasn't developed to 10% of what it should be,off to a 40 years old man? How would a man that old,have sex with a child that young? Isn't that cruel and wicked? Most times,I see 18 years old girls as too small for me,considering the fact that my baby sis is 21 and I'm not even 40. But an eediot at 40 has the conscience to sleep with an infant? Lord have mercy! The groom,mother,father and all those who supported it should be burnt alive/made to die a horrible death. That way,they can know the kind of torture they put that child through. angry
Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by precybaby: 9:49pm On Sep 09, 2013
Anyman who marries an undeaged is simply nt man enof to propose to mature gals...he is a coward nd nt even a man cos real men can't stoop so low

1 Like

Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by Wendyslim(f): 10:07pm On Sep 09, 2013
The groom is an animal in human clothing.what most of dem do is marry the little children and nurture dem till dey begin to look mature with all the contour gradually coming out with the help of dir filthy hands before dey go down low. Is better she die or else she would have suffered from his torture for the rest of her life. sMH
Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by DBounty(m): 10:49pm On Sep 09, 2013
Is it not dsame as dos who dis virgin teenagers 2ru lies n lust dey cal love? D girls only realises n regret afta d rapist satisfied himsef n is gone.
Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by Omotolaaraujo(f): 12:00am On Sep 10, 2013
Marrying an 8 year old child is like marrying a baby. Sick and disgusting. Her parents should be in jail with the dirty old sicko

1 Like

Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by Empiree: 3:43am On Sep 10, 2013
i
Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by Teettyllayho: 9:13am On Sep 10, 2013
Ohh my God! Soo sad! I still dnt understand why som animals believe kids shuld be given out for marriage......they really need to rot in jail.....what a waste!
Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by alabes123(m): 9:25am On Sep 10, 2013
demelza: I am happy she died.
Death for her and other girls in her condition is preferable than living under a religion that considers you worse than an animal. Hell their camels and cows are treated better.
I am happy she died.
If she had survived, she would have constantly faced this kind of trauma every single day until the ba$tard (Allah bless his soul) loses interest in her and gets another little girl to torture.
I am happy she died.
Under the "religion of peace" she never had much of a future anyway. A religion that doesnt recognize her worth or that she is capable of thinking or feeling.
Good for her that she escaped early.
I am happy she died.
I guess u don't know the kind of pain the little girl went through b4 her death, and I guess u too are a wicked person for u to be happy for her death, and plz don't talk about my religion in such manner cos u don't know anything about it just like the man who kill the innocent girl and likewise her parents
Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by hasibunallahu: 9:29am On Sep 10, 2013
woo be unto the parents of the child and the groom. i'm sure that Allah(SWT) will never forgive them.
Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 10, 2013
Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by alabes123(m): 10:09am On Sep 10, 2013
[quote author=dohiswill]
no need of guessing dude every body knows that its only in muhamedism that such irrational, beast like behavior is practice. Sleeping with under age girl! ah see wickedness, are there not matured ladies you can marry. Even if it is written in quran as u claim cant u think?[/quote that is were u are getting everytin wrong, we don't worship prophet muhammed SAW, like u guys who wortship chris which is a creation, we only worship Allah which is the creator, and plz and plz u know noting about Quran, if u do we need prove, u hv to provide the chapter and verse.
Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by alabes123(m): 10:09am On Sep 10, 2013
[quote author=dohiswill]
no need of guessing dude every body knows that its only in muhamedism that such irrational, beast like behavior is practice. Sleeping with under age girl! ah see wickedness, are there not matured ladies you can marry. Even if it is written in quran as u claim cant u think?[/quote that is were u are getting everytin wrong, we don't worship prophet muhammed SAW, like u guys who worship christ which is a creation, we only worship Allah which is the creator, and plz and plz u know noting about Quran, if u do we need prove, u hv to provide the chapter and verse.
Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by alabes123(m): 10:11am On Sep 10, 2013
dohiswill:
no need of guessing dude every body knows that its only in muhamedism that such irrational, beast like behavior is practice. Sleeping with under age girl! ah see wickedness, are there not matured ladies you can marry. Even if it is written in quran as u claim cant u think?
That is were u are getting everytin wrong, we don't worship prophet muhammed SAW, like u guys who worship christ which is a creation, we only worship Allah which is the creator, and plz and plz u know noting about Quran, if u do we need prove, u hv to provide the chapter and verse.
Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by Souljaboi1: 11:43am On Sep 10, 2013

Sana’a: Local security officials and journalists in Yemen’s northern province of Hajja have strongly denied media reports about the death of an eight-year-old girl shortly after her wedding. But the journalist who wrote the controversial story insisted that his story was correct and based on the accounts of the girl’s neighbours.

Local media recently ran a story about an eight-year old girl who died after suffering heavy bleeding and a tear in her genitals after sleeping with her middle-aged husband. The story went viral on the internet, causing outrage in the region, with people taking to blogs and social networks to condemn the alleged incident.

The journalist who wrote the story that sparked the outrage however stood by his account and insisted that his story is true.

Mohammad Radman, a freelance journalist from the province, commented on the officials’ denial by saying that the girl’s neighbours told him the girl was dead and buried.

“They are willing to give their testimony on this issue. I think the officials are trying to bury the story.” he said.

Mosleh Al Azzani, the director of Criminal Investigation in Harradh district where the marriage was thought to have taken place, told Gulf News via telephone that he personally sent for the girl and her father to question them about the incident. The girl’s name is Rawan.

“When I heard the rumours, I called the girl’s father. He came with his daughter and denied the marriage and death of his daughter. I have the photos of the girl and will show it to anyone.”

The official said that the girl was eight years old and her father was in his late 40s.

“The man moved to Haradh 20 days ago. He is a father of Rawan, another married daughter and a son. I am ready to call them again if any journalist wants to investigate this issue.” he said, adding that he did not receive any information from the local hospital about the death of the girl.

Also in Hajja, Aziz Saleh, a journalist who runs a local website, said that he contacted the local authority’s office who denied the news.

“All of them maintained that neither the marriage nor death had taken place,” he said

In the capital, Ahmad Al Qurishi, the head of SEYAJ Organisation for Childhood Protection, an independent NGO that advocates children’s rights, told Gulf News that government and judicial officials in the province of Hajja denied the information about the marriage and death.

“I got in touch with the director of Criminal Investigation, Hajja’s prosecutor and the province’s security chief who all flatly denied the story,” he said.

Al Qurishi said that his organisation conducted its own investigation into the issue by sending some activists to the area.” The preliminary results show that the story was untrue.”

Al Qurishi accused some people of using the controversial issue of underage marriage in Yemen “for their own interests”.
[size=20pt]
“Some people create these stories to get publicity and attention and aid from international organisations,” [/size] he said.

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/yemen/wedding-night-death-of-girl-8-denied-in-yemen-1.1229149
Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by euna05(f): 12:37pm On Sep 10, 2013
infonubia:
http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/yemen/bride-8-dies-of-injuries-on-wedding-night-in-yemen-1.1228706

My Take

I get really upset when I hear stories of older men taking these children as brides. I mean, how low can you stoop? I cannot but think about the #ChildNotBride saga in Nigeria and how many young children have been given away under such circumstances and yet, we have some people in our society who are absolutely okay with such pediophilic practices?

Some might say 8 years is too young but 13 is okay. There are numerous stories of young girls (13 year-old included) that have suffered similar fate as Rawan. Unfortunately, for every story that is reported, there are several hundreds that are untold.

As a society we should frown against such practices and we should do all that we can to protect these young girls.

What's Your Take?

Let's hear your take on the story...Looking forward to it!
so so so sad, why ar pple so heartless and wicked.that man shuld be excuted (d so called groom)and parents of †ђe gal be sentence to life imprisonment. RIP little one embarassed
Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by konezy1(m): 3:01pm On Sep 10, 2013
I don't understand why some ignorant people talk as if they know Islam more than Muslims. While running his mouth Pastor Johnson Sulaiman said: "Islam says when you marry a girl under 18 years, you do not touch her until she is 18 years."
The more we try to explain to these morally bankrupt individuals with titles like "pastor", "nollywood star" or even the crazy ex-minister Fani-Kayode the more confused they become.
Sometimes its strange to think that this morons can even locate their mouths to put food. Understanding the position of Islam on early marriage is like rocket science to these people that God Almighty have cursed.
O you with fish brains,
ISLAM DOES NOT RESTRICT MARRIAGE TO AGE. THis is what we are saying

Get that into your swine worms infested brains.

Read more: http://adigunsherif..com/2013/08/islam-does-not-restrict-marriage-to-age.html#ixzz2eUxNDgJ9
Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by konezy1(m): 3:25pm On Sep 10, 2013
The news about the 8 year old girl who died of internal injuries is false

http://adigunsherif..com/2013/09/some-people-create-these-stories-to-get.html
Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 10, 2013
ALLAH BE PRAISED!
Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by iceRx(f): 6:15pm On Sep 10, 2013
al dose who hav a hand n dis girls death should b made 2 face d firing squad.hrtless individuals
Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 10, 2013
The old beast who married the girl should be killed and the family of the girl should be thrown into a river full of sharks and crocodiles.
Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by Wizzz: 12:14am On Sep 11, 2013
Wetin be dis?? angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

U.S. Reaffirms Support For Two-state Solution ( Pix, Video) / New York Issues Its First Gender Neutral Driver's Licenses ( Pics) / Massive 4.8 Earthquake Hits New York

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.