Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,893 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

The King Who Banned Traditional Religion In Warri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The King Who Banned Traditional Religion In Warri (2112 Views)

Ex-militants Mount Road Blocks In Warri Over Amnesty Programme / Jega-must-go Protest In Warri, Delta State [see Pictures] / Seun, Who Banned Goddess12 And Left Kasiem Running Wild? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The King Who Banned Traditional Religion In Warri by Nobody: 1:10am On Sep 09, 2013
The VALIANT monarch of Warri just banned
traditional religion and he's planning Christianisation of the
Warri Kingdom
The monarch has banned the worship of deities, changed the traditional title of Ogiame, pouring of libation and other
traditional practices he considers to be fetish. He also changed the Itsekiri anthem and renounced all altars of
idolatry in communities of the
land. He has even destroyed all ancient and new altars in the
land.
He said: “I also repent for the name and title of “Ogiame” that my ancestors and I have borne, as it connotes our allegiance to
Umalokun (goddess of the river) and other deities of the sea, all of which are false gods.
“Today, I renounce our
allegiance to umalokun and
other gods of the sea, land and sky. On behalf of the royal
bloodline, the throne, the people of Iwere land, I publicly enter into a new covenant with God.”

THIS BLOGGER http://adigunsherif..com/2013/09/the-royal-priest-in-order-of-melchizedek.html has a totally diferent opinion

but I feel this king is sincere and God fearing. wot do u think?!
Re: The King Who Banned Traditional Religion In Warri by AkamuandStew: 1:51am On Sep 09, 2013
The King is a PURE IDI0T!!

There's freedom of worship and association.

He is free to practice whichever religion he desires but he has no right whatsoever to prevent others from practicing theirs.

The king is a pure ILLITERATE and a RELIGIOUS BIGOT.

Those who support him are also illiterate religious bigots.

I'm Sunday-Christian but I've got friends from various religions even atheists and agnostics.

cool cool

3 Likes

Re: The King Who Banned Traditional Religion In Warri by olas24u(f): 2:16am On Sep 09, 2013
Brain washed king,that was how the Europeans were able to penetrate them in the past,bloody idiot

4 Likes

Re: The King Who Banned Traditional Religion In Warri by AkamuandStew: 2:23am On Sep 09, 2013
jauntee02:
but I feel this king is sincere and God fearing. wot do u think?!

This king is not God-fearing but 5TUPID!!

How is banning the religion of others a God-fearing act??

The best way to attract people to Christianity is to be Christ-like in word and deed.

F00LS like you and your king are the kind of folks that make me lose faith in Christianity. We are all a bunch of hypocrites who are anything but Christ-like.

Let me engage ur brainwashed mind a little, can you mention 5 Christ-like acts that your King has done since 2013??

grin grin

1 Like

Re: The King Who Banned Traditional Religion In Warri by TalkNews: 2:33am On Sep 09, 2013
You are welcome to true worship King

1 Like

Re: The King Who Banned Traditional Religion In Warri by kufre2010: 3:40am On Sep 09, 2013
That king is dancing to his grave.
Re: The King Who Banned Traditional Religion In Warri by AkamuandStew: 3:48am On Sep 09, 2013
TalkNews: You are welcome to true worship King

Is it right for the king to Ban Traditional Religion??

Yes or No..
Re: The King Who Banned Traditional Religion In Warri by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:29am On Sep 09, 2013
Akamu and Stew: The King is a PURE IDI0T!!

He is free to practice whichever religion he desires but he has no right whatsoever to prevent others from practicing theirs.

I'm Sunday-Christian but I've got friends from various religions even atheists and agnostics.

cool cool
sharap there!!!
See how u dey contradict urself!
Re: The King Who Banned Traditional Religion In Warri by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 09, 2013
The King needs to be sent on permanent exile pronto!
Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: The King Who Banned Traditional Religion In Warri by AkamuandStew: 9:09am On Sep 09, 2013
SLIDE waxie: sharap there!!!
See how u dey contradict urself!

Duncie.... Can you point out the contradiction....??

Olodo!!
Re: The King Who Banned Traditional Religion In Warri by Acidosis(m): 9:12am On Sep 09, 2013
Akamu and Stew: The King is a PURE IDI0T!!

cool cool

Cool down from your high blood pressure temper

Firstly, you are not a Christian.. although you're free to identify yourself with any religion (freedom of speech smiley )

Mr Man, do you know the level of fetish acts associated with traditional worship?

Can I sacrifice you to the god of iron and spill your blood for the god of river to drink all because I have the right to worship anything??

You must be living in abject ignorance, Mr man..

BTW, remember my warning, stop calling yourself a Christian.
You can only f00l yourself anyway...

2 Likes

Re: The King Who Banned Traditional Religion In Warri by Acidosis(m): 9:17am On Sep 09, 2013
Akamu and Stew:

Is it right for the king to Ban Traditional Religion??

Yes or No..

Yes it is right for the King to ban any religion that involves human sacrifice, fetish acts and intimidations..

Your f00lish ancestors must have spill the blood of the innocent ones, but in this gsm era, it would be s¡lly for any King, government to allow such...

1 Like

Re: The King Who Banned Traditional Religion In Warri by Acidosis(m): 9:20am On Sep 09, 2013
kufre2010: That king is dancing to his grave.

na you wan kill am? abi na your stagnant god of caricature wan strike am?
Re: The King Who Banned Traditional Religion In Warri by malc619(m): 9:36am On Sep 09, 2013
Acidosis:

Yes it is right for the King to ban any religion that involves human sacrifice, fetish acts and intimidations..

Your f00lish ancestors must have spill the blood of the innocent ones, but in this gsm era, it would be s¡lly for any King, government to allow such...

Liar!!

Can you show where in the article mentioned human sacrifices??

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The King Who Banned Traditional Religion In Warri by Pukkah: 9:36am On Sep 09, 2013
1. Why did he become the king if the practices did not agree with his Christian beliefs? Would he have been made the king if the kingmakers had known that he would destroy the traditional religious system? Does that mean the king played along only to begin to destroy the very platform he mounted to prominence? This looks like fraud and is unChristian.

2. The king is not the owner of the traditional religious system. He is a mere representative of the people and the gods. He cannot do as he wishes. There is an embedded system of democracy in our traditional political system. If he believes that some practices are bad or need to be reformed, he has to address them in conjunction with his Council of Chiefs and the Priests. If he's doing it alone then it appears the king is an authoritarian.

3. If the king is unable to get the buy-in of the people that he represents to change their practices, he should step down from the throne because the throne is not his personal property. If he refuses, it appears the king wants to eat his cake and have it.

4. Who brainwashed the king into thinking that any religion is superior to the other? How many other parts of the world are destroying their own system so as to pave way for foreign beliefs? The black man does not stop to amaze.

5.There are traditional rulers in Nigeria that have become Christians or Muslims and have stopped the traditional religious practices on a personal level without destroying the traditional religious system. In this case, this king appears like a destroyer of systems - political and spiritual.

6. How would this king feel if another future muslim or hindu king changes everything all over again to suit his personal beliefs? Oh King, you're free to change your personal beliefs (in line with the constitution) but not that of your entire people.

7. I implore all good people and subjects of this king to resist this barbaric and insensitive move by this inconsiderate and opportunistic king to destroy their age-old religious and political systems without their consent.

2 Likes

Re: The King Who Banned Traditional Religion In Warri by Pukkah: 9:39am On Sep 09, 2013
Acidosis:

Please prove the human sacrifice or intimidations. What you call 'fetish' is highly subjective. For example, why should you see pouring of libation as fetish and not see Holy Communion as such? Everyone should have the freedom to practice what he wants in as much as it does not affect the rights of the other person.

Also, there are processes to follow (even for a king) to abolish practices that intimidate or affect human lives. A king in our traditional system is not an absolute ruler.

Once again, I repeat, there's no religion that's superior to the other.

2 Likes

Re: The King Who Banned Traditional Religion In Warri by AkamuandStew: 9:48am On Sep 09, 2013
Acidosis:

Cool down from your high blood pressure temper

Firstly, you are not a Christian.. although you're free to identify yourself with any religion (freedom of speech smiley )

Mr Man, do you know the level of fetish acts associated with traditional worship?

Can I sacrifice you to the god of iron and spill your blood for the god of river to drink all because I have the right to worship anything??

You must be living in abject ignorance, Mr man..

BTW, remember my warning, stop calling yourself a Christian.
You can only f00l yourself anyway...

Mr. Shut up your mouth if all you wish to do here is tell worthless lies.

Can you prove that the Traditional Religion in that community involves human sacrifice??

All you can do is tell worthless lies to support your biased and bigoted view...

cool
Re: The King Who Banned Traditional Religion In Warri by AkamuandStew: 9:52am On Sep 09, 2013
Pukkah:

Please prove the human sacrifice or intimidations. What you call 'fetish' is highly subjective. For example, why should you see pouring of libation as fetish and not see Holy Communion as such? Everyone should have the freedom to practice what he wants in as much as it does not affect the rights of the other person.

Also, there are processes to follow (even for a king) to abolish practices that intimidate or affect human lives. A king is not an absolute ruler.

Once again, I repeat, there's no religion that's superior to the other.

Leave that IDI0T....

Some Christians are actually worse than Islamic fanatics.

grin grin
Re: The King Who Banned Traditional Religion In Warri by Pukkah: 9:57am On Sep 09, 2013
Akamu and Stew:

Leave that IDI0T....

Some Christians are actually worse than Islamic fanatics.

grin grin

Sadly so.

Just imagine a response like the following one:

TalkNews: You are welcome to true worship King

What would be their reaction if a governor/president did the same thing to Christianity?

The rights of worship of everybody (pagans, muslims and christians) must be protected.

If you rejoice at what the king is doing today then you should not complain when it's the turn of your own belief system to be assaulted.

2 Likes

Re: The King Who Banned Traditional Religion In Warri by jamace(m): 9:57am On Sep 09, 2013
This king should be investigated. Probably, he wants to loot with impunity using the name of the "patient God" as opposed to the traditional god of thunder.

I'm sad to observe that all the leaders of our country today attend one church or mosque and yet loot our commonwealth with impunity, without any iota of conscience or godliness. sad

1 Like

Re: The King Who Banned Traditional Religion In Warri by Danhumprey: 9:58am On Sep 09, 2013
berem: Signs of Endtime.......
Not you! Don't tell me you have joined that annoying crews who have gone about spamming the forum with that quote!
Re: The King Who Banned Traditional Religion In Warri by Pukkah: 10:04am On Sep 09, 2013
jamace: This king should be investigated. Probably, he wants to loot with impunity using the name of the "patient God" as opposed to the traditional god of thunder.

I'm sad to observe that all the leaders of our country today attend one church or mosque and yet loot our commonwealth with impunity, without any iota of conscience or godliness. sad

The foreign religions have failed us in terms of ensuring social control/cohesion and maintaining social integrity which is critical for social progress.

1 Like

Re: The King Who Banned Traditional Religion In Warri by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 09, 2013
Still on*negotiate a reasonable price pls
Re: The King Who Banned Traditional Religion In Warri by tpia5: 1:32pm On Sep 09, 2013
Warri is an ancient christian kingdom ( or used to be) but there's no evidence the op is not just a rumour monger, or that the thread isnt fake.
Re: The King Who Banned Traditional Religion In Warri by AkamuandStew: 1:37pm On Sep 09, 2013
tpia@:
Warri is an ancient christian kingdom ( or used to be)

Very dumb...

What a DUNCE!!!

grin
Re: The King Who Banned Traditional Religion In Warri by Pukkah: 1:41pm On Sep 09, 2013
tpia@:
Warri is an ancient christian kingdom ( or used to be) but there's no evidence the op is not just a rumour monger, or that the thread isnt fake.

What a comical response to a serious issue.

1. The Ogiame title has been in existence for over 500 years. So prove your claim that Warri is an ancient christian kingdom. Didn't christianity get there as a foreign religion?

2. On your second wild claim that the op might be a rumour monger or the thread might be fake, find below another link to the story:

http://www.punchng.com/news/protest-against-olu-of-warri-rages-uduaghan-intervenes/
Re: The King Who Banned Traditional Religion In Warri by tpia5: 1:43pm On Sep 09, 2013
Anyone who cant respond in a civilized manner, should keep their gob shut, thanks.
Re: The King Who Banned Traditional Religion In Warri by redsun(m): 1:52pm On Sep 09, 2013
It is sad that nigeria is going backward in every aspect. As soon as the traditional setting is totally bastardized like the politics,nigetia will become a true no man's land like somalia. A land without traditions,reverences and fundamental common sense.
Re: The King Who Banned Traditional Religion In Warri by AkamuandStew: 2:02pm On Sep 09, 2013
tpia@:
Anyone who cant respond in a civilized manner, should keep their gob shut, thanks.

Anyone who can't commend like a sensible person should keep their gob shut, thanks.

grin
Re: The King Who Banned Traditional Religion In Warri by Pukkah: 2:06pm On Sep 09, 2013
redsun: It is sad that nigeria is going backward in every aspect. As soon as the traditional setting is totally bastardized like the politics,nigetia will become a true no man's land like somalia. A land without traditions,reverences and fundamental common sense.

The king is just deluding himself. He must be hallucinating. He wants to change in one fell swoop what the colonialists demonized and could not change for hundreds of years.
Re: The King Who Banned Traditional Religion In Warri by redsun(m): 2:18pm On Sep 09, 2013
Pukkah:

The king is just deluding himself. He must be hallucinating. He wants to change in one fell swoop what the colonialists demonized and could not change for hundreds of years.

The whole chaotic political leadership seems to have affected everybody's common sense in nigeria including some traditional rulers. He has lost the plot hence his dependency on jesus to guide him in his ancestral domain.The 21st century recolonization of africans.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Soyinka To Ngige: You Are Part Of The Fraud In Anambra State / FG Approves Establishment Of Transformer Assembly Plant In Nigeria / How To Know Your PVC Pickup Location

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.