Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:51 AM

Samsumg Galaxy Note 3 Vs Tecno Phantom A 2 (the Phablet Wars) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsumg Galaxy Note 3 Vs Tecno Phantom A 2 (the Phablet Wars) (11228 Views)

Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsumg Galaxy Note 3 Vs Tecno Phantom A 2 (the Phablet Wars) by Nobody: 2:54am On Sep 09, 2013
the two devices which was announced last week would be out any time soon. Both has a screen size of 5.7" which cleary states that the two are phablets. But when both are out on sale, which would you go for?
the two devices which was announced last week would be out any time soon. Both has a screen size of 5.7" which cleary states that the two are phablets. But when both are out on sale, which would you go for? the two devices which was announced last week would be out any time soon. Both has a screen size of 5.7" which cleary states that the two are phablets. But when both are out on sale, which would you go for?

lets start off with the display
like i said both has a 5.7" screen, the tecno has a CTP screen with 720 x 1280 resolution compared to samsung's super AMOLED screen with 1080 x 1920 resolution.
So if u like good display then the samsung is ur choice.

When it comes to network, tecno offers 2G and 3G while samsung offers 2G, 3G and 4G LTE.
having 4G might not really make a diffrence due to the fact than non of our regular networks offer 4G. So they are equal here.

Now to the body size. Tecno a2 is 160 X 82 and 8.9mm thick while samsung note 3 is 151.2 x 79.2 and 8.3 mm thick. Therefore the note 3 is smaller than the phatom a2.

And as 4 memory, the note 3 comes with 3gb ram, 32/64gb internal and sd card of up to 64gb. On the orther hand the a2 comes with 1gb ram, 4gb internal and sd card of up to 32gb. So if u store a lot of tinz ranging 4rm movies to apps, Note 3 is yours.

And as for the camera, both comes with 13mp camera. Now note 3 has a 2mp front camera while tecno went ahead to place 8mp camera in front. Well u might thing the tecno won here but, camera has features that ehance the way picture re taking. The a2 has just geo tagging. While the note 3 has Dual Shot, Simultaneous HD
video and image recording, geo-
tagging, touch focus, face and
smile detection, image
stabilization, panorama, HDR. So even though they have the same 13mp camera, picture are taking better on the note 3. So if u love instagram, the note 3 might be a beta option.

Battrey! Note 3 comes with 3200mAh while phantom A2 comes with 2630mAh. So if ure a fan of phcn. Note 3 got ur back.

Note 3 rocks the latest andriod 4.3 with Qualcomm Snapdragon 800
Chipset. Cpu is
Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400
(LTE model)/ Quad-core 1.9 GHz
Cortex-A15 & quad-core 1.3 GHz
Cortex-A7 (3G model)
And GPU is
Adreno 330. While the a2 is packed with android 4.2,
Quad-
core 1.2 GHz
MT6589
And GPU, Embedded.
So if ure looking 4 better pefomance, the note 3 is the answer.

Sensors:
Accelerometer, gyro, proximity,
compass, barometer,
temperature, humidity, gesture for the note 3 and
G-sensor,
Light sensor,
Proximity sensor, for the a2.

The a2 is capable of playing media formats in MP3, MIDI, AMR,
WAV, AAC,
MP4, 3GP, JPG, GIF, BMP,
PNG, and note 3 can play
MP4, 3gp, DivX, XviD, WMV, H.264,
H.263, MP3, WAV, eAAC+, AC3, FLAC, MIDI, AMR,
WAV, AAC, JPG, GIF, BMP,
PNG.

When it comes to connetivity, the not 3 has
Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi
hotspot
Bluetooth, NFC, Infrared port,
USB. While the a2 can connet only through
Wifi, wifi hotspot, bluetooth and USB.

Orthers are
- S-Voice natural language
commands and dictation
- Air gestures
- SNS integration
- Active noise cancellation with
dedicated mic
- Dropbox (50 GB storage)
- TV-out (via MHL A/V link)
- Organizer
- Image/video editor
- Document editor (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, PDF)
- Google Search, Maps, Gmail,
YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk,
Picasa
- Voice memo/dial/commands
- Predictive text input (Swype)
For the note 3 and

- Voice memo/dial/commands
- Predictive text input (Swype)
- Organizer
Google Search, Maps, Gmail,
YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk,
Picasa. for the a2!

When it comes to prize, the official prize is not yet out for the two. But when they come out i expect the tecno phantom a2 to be very much cheaper than the galaxy note 3.

I hope u all had been able to make ur choice at this point. Well as for me, my choice is the samsung galaxy note 3!!! Whats yours?

www.tecno-mobile.com/products/detail/F8
www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note_3-5665.php
Re: Samsumg Galaxy Note 3 Vs Tecno Phantom A 2 (the Phablet Wars) by bigtt76(f): 3:09am On Sep 09, 2013
You get time shaaa

3 Likes

Re: Samsumg Galaxy Note 3 Vs Tecno Phantom A 2 (the Phablet Wars) by dazekid(m): 3:33am On Sep 09, 2013
You have gotta rename your thread Bro coz this is not a phablet war, this is a phablet massacre.... And we all know who's getting killed..... SMH.... How will you settle down and compare the Samsung galaxy note3..with the tecno a2....I suggest you go back in time to the release of the original note then make this comparison (oh right you can't do that)....

7 Likes

Re: Samsumg Galaxy Note 3 Vs Tecno Phantom A 2 (the Phablet Wars) by psalmdave(m): 4:15am On Sep 09, 2013
note 3 is far better tho.....tecno are yet to produce its competitor,tho but make we no start carry dis 1 start quarell because no be our papa work oh,no go kill urself dey defend tecno(which is beaten here) or samsung cos dem no dey pay us chichi cos na wetin dey happen here always

1 Like

Re: Samsumg Galaxy Note 3 Vs Tecno Phantom A 2 (the Phablet Wars) by ciphoenix: 8:08am On Sep 09, 2013
Waiting for the marketers to come in
Re: Samsumg Galaxy Note 3 Vs Tecno Phantom A 2 (the Phablet Wars) by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 09, 2013
this isnt phablets war... but rather phablet finishing...

this comparing should be tecno a2 and samsung s2, not even s3 ooo

4 Likes

Re: Samsumg Galaxy Note 3 Vs Tecno Phantom A 2 (the Phablet Wars) by SamConquer(m): 8:25am On Sep 09, 2013
''Phablet Wars"??nooo Somebody Gat to be Kidding here....Phablet war between who and who?Guys tell Me what have Samsung done to You Guys to deserve all this Unwarranted,Dubious and Callous Insult.?Kaiiii

4 Likes

Re: Samsumg Galaxy Note 3 Vs Tecno Phantom A 2 (the Phablet Wars) by febbymi: 8:56am On Sep 09, 2013
Knew sum1 was just going to do this, seriously whats wiv d inferiority complex wiv tecno users. *shakes head disgusted*

1 Like

Re: Samsumg Galaxy Note 3 Vs Tecno Phantom A 2 (the Phablet Wars) by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:06am On Sep 09, 2013
The work of EXPIRED WEED....op so you just open your eyes start this thread abi.....the match na walk-over for Note-3....A2 no even come the venue....rubbish!!!

1 Like

Re: Samsumg Galaxy Note 3 Vs Tecno Phantom A 2 (the Phablet Wars) by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 09, 2013
Comparing note 3 with A2?
Am a tecno user n lover but i know this is not fair.
Its like comparing Chelseafc with Sheffield wednesday!
Re: Samsumg Galaxy Note 3 Vs Tecno Phantom A 2 (the Phablet Wars) by calabaman(m): 9:30am On Sep 09, 2013
@OP: sware say no be NOTE 3 u go pick?

SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3 is d BEAST!!!! Any other phablet dey jonz
Re: Samsumg Galaxy Note 3 Vs Tecno Phantom A 2 (the Phablet Wars) by Emekayoung(m): 9:34am On Sep 09, 2013
Op must be seriously high on weed,i mean he is insane,hw can someone wit his right senses be comparing tecno a2 to an almighty Note 3 not even galaxy s2,i cant believe this.
Anyway i dont blame them i blame google that made android a public platform,dats why they are all misbehaving.
Arrant none sense angry

3 Likes

Re: Samsumg Galaxy Note 3 Vs Tecno Phantom A 2 (the Phablet Wars) by RayMcBlue(m): 10:05am On Sep 09, 2013
Obviously, between the two, Note 3 is the better option. But, because of A2's cheaper prize an average person on a budget would naturally go for it rather than the much costlier Samsung.

At the end of the day, it would be a good deal cuz it roughly gives you almost the same output a Samsung Note 3 could have given you, if you had gone for it.

Bottom line; I prefer Tecno Phantom A2, simply because it's more customer friendly, and that's why it will sell more than its Samsung counter part when both reach the Nigerian Market.

8 Likes

Re: Samsumg Galaxy Note 3 Vs Tecno Phantom A 2 (the Phablet Wars) by physise(m): 10:16am On Sep 09, 2013
some people self...op u not see d big diff in specs wetin be tecno? u suppose dey compare note 3 with d new sony xperiaz1
Re: Samsumg Galaxy Note 3 Vs Tecno Phantom A 2 (the Phablet Wars) by Francheezy(m): 10:17am On Sep 09, 2013
This is - FATALITY, BRUTALITY AND BABALITY.... DAMN.... Y SHOULD THEY BE COMPARED??

1 Like

Re: Samsumg Galaxy Note 3 Vs Tecno Phantom A 2 (the Phablet Wars) by physise(m): 10:20am On Sep 09, 2013
SamConquer: ''Phablet Wars"??nooo Somebody Gat to be Kidding here....Phablet war between who and who?Guys tell Me what have Samsung done to You Guys to deserve all this Unwarranted,Dubious and Callous Insult.?Kaiiii
I just tire for dem o some people too mumu
Re: Samsumg Galaxy Note 3 Vs Tecno Phantom A 2 (the Phablet Wars) by enobong18: 10:38am On Sep 09, 2013
*SMH*

On this section, you will see so many, who are still yet to get the S4 brag about getting the note 3 when it lands, big pity to you cause no body cares, all we request from you is; Never Insult The Name TECNO Any Where/Time You See It.

THANKS!
Re: Samsumg Galaxy Note 3 Vs Tecno Phantom A 2 (the Phablet Wars) by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 09, 2013
i knew it was gonna be a big topic grin I know what i did. Please dont insult me angry Just make ur choice(cos sum pple still go choose tecno) and keep the comments coming cool
Re: Samsumg Galaxy Note 3 Vs Tecno Phantom A 2 (the Phablet Wars) by mrdrizzy(m): 11:00am On Sep 09, 2013
What is really wrong with u ppl What sort of comparison is this! Pls stop wasting thread on nonsense,whats dis issue with dis nonsene comparison,why always tecno vs sammy,better find something else to do

1 Like

Re: Samsumg Galaxy Note 3 Vs Tecno Phantom A 2 (the Phablet Wars) by sidvinci(m): 11:09am On Sep 09, 2013
Jesus........na so madness take dey start. I once said that most of these tecnocrats their parents made a mistake by sending them to school cos it brings out the stupid in them.
Get a job.

2 Likes

Re: Samsumg Galaxy Note 3 Vs Tecno Phantom A 2 (the Phablet Wars) by nani667: 11:34am On Sep 09, 2013
..and I wonder why the so called MODs haven't deleted this useless thread..... I knew it was only a matter of time before a thread like this surfaced....retards full this site sha....well ultimately I blame ASUU.... I'm out

1 Like

Re: Samsumg Galaxy Note 3 Vs Tecno Phantom A 2 (the Phablet Wars) by febbymi: 11:56am On Sep 09, 2013
MODS, criusly some threads on nairaland are just........ Damn

1 Like

Re: Samsumg Galaxy Note 3 Vs Tecno Phantom A 2 (the Phablet Wars) by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 09, 2013
febbymi: MODS, criusly some threads on nairaland are just........ Damn
lol... just learn to endure and laff it off...

indeed TECNO CRAZE has com to stay for a while

1 Like

Re: Samsumg Galaxy Note 3 Vs Tecno Phantom A 2 (the Phablet Wars) by psalmdave(m): 12:05pm On Sep 09, 2013
d samsung is better o....by far...bt d question na hw many of una 4 here go fit actually buy am sef wen,no be to come here dey rant,by d way has any1 actually seen both devices,
Re: Samsumg Galaxy Note 3 Vs Tecno Phantom A 2 (the Phablet Wars) by lilmax(m): 3:46pm On Sep 09, 2013
Guys forgive tecno fans they dont know what they are doing

2 Likes

Re: Samsumg Galaxy Note 3 Vs Tecno Phantom A 2 (the Phablet Wars) by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 09, 2013
Ray McBlue: Obviously, between the two, Note 3 is the better option. But, because of A2's cheaper prize an average person on a budget would naturally go for it rather than the much costlier Samsung.

At the end of the day, it would be a good deal cuz it roughly gives you almost the same output a Samsung Note 3 could have given you, if you had gone for it.

Bottom line; I prefer Tecno Phantom A2, simply because it's more customer friendly, and that's why it will sell more than its Samsung counter part when both reach the Nigerian Market.
Hahahaaa......
O ye of lil thought!!!
So what are u insinuating ova here? Tecno F8 will beat Note 3 in terms of price?
Compare the 5 major countries Tecno operates in Africa to Other countries Sammy will be selling like HOT CAKES.(Who's on the loosing side?)
I dnt mind saving 4 a whole year 2 get this device cos after a year, i'll possess one of the best Device dat can serve me for the 3-4 or even 5 years. (The patience dog eats the fattest biscuitwink )
PRICE, DURABILITY, INNOVATION, GLOBAL RECOGNITION ETC............... NOTE 3 WINS IT ALL!!!

2 Likes

Re: Samsumg Galaxy Note 3 Vs Tecno Phantom A 2 (the Phablet Wars) by Randerl: 4:44pm On Sep 09, 2013
Any Day Any Time, Tecno Wins in D Day.2.Day Usage Department.

Am not gonna buy feature the average Jack will not use in a lifetime.

#Tecno...Be Different.

these are what l use daily

TECNO Phantom AII - Device Preliminary specifications

Announced: September, 2013

Dimensions: 160x82x8.9 millimetres

Mass: ?? grams (battery included)

Software Environment
Embedded Operating System: Android 4.2 Jelly Bean

Microprocessor, Chipset CPU Clock: 1.2 GigaHertz Quad-Core

CPU : MediaTek MT6589

Memory, Storage Capacity:
RAM Type:LPDDR2 SDRAM
RAMcapacity:1024 MiB

ROM Type:Flash EEPROM
ROM Capacity:3815 MiB, including ??MiB user-accessible non-volatile storage

ROM Capacity in bytes:4 GB (billion bytes)
External memory : Expandable microSD, upto 32G

Display Color Depth:24 bit/pixel (16777216 scales)
Display Type: CTP

Display Diagonal: 5.7''

Display Resolution: 720x1280

Multimedia And Telecommunication

Audio player : MP3, MIDI, AMR, WAV, AAC

Ringtone format : MIDI, MP3 and more via 3rd Party Appz

Video player : MP4, 3GP and more via 3rd Party Appz

Picture format : JPG, GIF, BMP, PNG

Analog Radio Receiver: FM radio (76-108MHz)

Digital Media Broadcast Tuner: Embedded
Sound
Microphone(s): Stereo

Loudspeaker(s): Supported

Audio Output: 3.5mm

Built-in Digital Camera
Main Camera: 13 MPx

Autofocus (AF): Supported
Optical Zoom: ??x

Built-in Flash: mobile light

Features:
Exposure compensation, White balance presets, Digital zoom, Effects, Self-timer

Camcorder:1280x720 pixels , 30 frame/sec

Recordable Image Formats:JPG

Recordable Video Formats:3GP, 3G2, MPEG4

Features:
Video calling

Front-facing camera:
?? megapixels

Call Alert: 64 -chord melody

Vibrating Alert: Supported

Speakerphone : Supported

Primary Keyboard: Android keyboard

Cellular Phone
Cellular Networks: GSM850, GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900, UMTS900 (B8), UMTS2100 (B1)

Cellular Data Links: CSD, HSCSD, GPRS, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSDPA, HSUPA, HSPA+

Data GPRS Class 32
EDGE Class 32

3G Speeds::
-HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps;
-HSUPA, 5 Mbps

Peripherals
Positioning Devicee
Control Peripherals
Positioning Device: Supported

Satellite Navigation
Built-in GPS module: Supported

Complementary GPS Services: Assisted GPS

Interfaces

Expansion Interfaces:microSD, microSDHC, TransFlash, microSDXC
Supports High Capacity (SD 2.0/HC) memory cards with capacity of up to 32GB

USB:USB 2.0 client, Hi-Speed (480Mbit/s)
USB Series Micro-B (Micro-USB) connector

Bluetooth (802.15):Bluetooth 4.0,

WirelessLAN/Wi-Fi(802.11):IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n

Additional Details
Bluetooth stereo audio profile (A2DP
*.AVCRP)
*.DLNA
*.NFC
*.WiFi Direct
*.WiFi Mobile Hotspot
*.face detection
*.smile detection
*.proximity sensor
*.light sensor

Java Yes, via MIDP Emulator

Colors ??

Productivity Tools

- Office Document Editor and Viewer (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF and more via 3rd Party Appz)

- Video/Photo editor and more via 3rd Party Appz

- Torch : No
Calculator : Yes
World clock : Yes
Alarm : Yes
Memo : Yes
Calendar : Yes

- Organizer

- SNS Capabilities (Facebook, YouTube, Whatsapp, Skype, 2go, Nimbuzz, Wechat, Viper apps etc)

- Voice memo/dial

Power Supply
Battery Technology:Lithium-ion battery
Battery Build:removable
Battery Capacity:2630 mAh (BL-??)

Stand-by Up to 280 hrs (3G) (11.5 days)
Talk time : 17hrs 30mins
Re: Samsumg Galaxy Note 3 Vs Tecno Phantom A 2 (the Phablet Wars) by Randerl: 4:49pm On Sep 09, 2013
Tecno Android Smartphones Aren't Disaster Inducing Devices Like These iPhones Galaxy Series

Keep Our Country and Your Area Safe From Samsung and iPhone Smartphones Induced Disasters.

Use Tecno Smartphones, the Safe Option.

AVOID this Samsung GS4 Hong Kong Disaster. Use TECNO ANDROID SMARTPHONES

1 Like

Re: Samsumg Galaxy Note 3 Vs Tecno Phantom A 2 (the Phablet Wars) by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 09, 2013
Randerl: Tecno Android Smartphones Aren't Disaster Inducing Devices Like These iPhones Galaxy Series

Keep Our Country and Your Area Safe From Samsung and iPhone Smartphones Induced Disasters.

ARE YOU THIS BROKE OR ARE YOU JUST STUP|D

4 Likes

Re: Samsumg Galaxy Note 3 Vs Tecno Phantom A 2 (the Phablet Wars) by physise(m): 5:00pm On Sep 09, 2013
Randerl: Tecno Android Smartphones Aren't Disaster Inducing Devices Like These iPhones Galaxy Series

xo wats ur point?

2 Likes

Re: Samsumg Galaxy Note 3 Vs Tecno Phantom A 2 (the Phablet Wars) by Randerl: 5:07pm On Sep 09, 2013
Yup. K33p it plain stupld and Simple. No gimmicks and Needless Features. Even my 11year old nephew can operate the Phantom A+

deejay_harry1: ARE YOU THIS BROKE OR ARE YOU DIS STUP|D

Re: Samsumg Galaxy Note 3 Vs Tecno Phantom A 2 (the Phablet Wars) by Randerl: 5:11pm On Sep 09, 2013
That Samsung Galaxy Series are not as safe as the Phantom Series

physise: xo wats ur point?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

..... / NCC Suspends MTN's N1.4Trillion Fine Until Negotiations Are Complete / MTK Vs Qualcomm Devices. Which Is Better? Which Do You Prefer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.